Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you like the narrator?

I never even notice the guy to be frank, the only time I did was in the D/P series when Ash sneased due to some one talking about him the guy made a joke and cracked me up, narrators can have a sense of humor?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I never even notice the guy to be frank, the only time I did was in the D/P series when Ash sneased due to some one talking about him the guy made a joke and cracked me up, narrators can have a sense of humor?
    Honestly he's getting really forgettable these days, actually. I thought it was just me who's beginning to find him dull sometimes. Honestly I'm beginning to like Ash and TRio's TPCi voices more than the original narrators' right now. Am I nuts, or are they just that much better now than they were in the previous sagas?

Remember last episode, though? "Neither trainer will budge an inch!" Right Rodger, right....keep telling yourself that, man.

It's funny because the guy used to be really memorable and I hated when Pollock took over initially, but nowadays the narrator isn't that memorable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Power of Pika View Post
    If he left when taj left and came back when PUSA started using taj, that means he's more a taj actor than he is a 4kids actor.
    That's what it sounds like to me. Unless I'm wrong of course but it does sound like it.

It's pretty obvious why he got back the role in that case. The difference this time was when TPCI left taj he stayed.

I wasn't a fan of the 2nd narrator to tell the truth throughout his entire run. He was okay but I always felt the first narrator set the mood better.
    I agree on all accounts with you myself. He was more of a TAJ Productions VA than a 4Kids VA. I prefer him to Pollock, for sure (he was rather generic, tbh, just not as jarring as the main chars voices being changed for me--that was just a "Wow, I'm gonna go cry now" moment for me), but the narrator is now the forgettable voice on the show for me right now. Really, though, I'm beginning to grow quite fond of the TPCi dub voices for Ash and TRio since BW began, actually. That may be why I'm now like, "Oh, the narrator? Yeah, he's cool."
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 17th April 2013 at 2:30 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Don't care much about him to be honest, he was okay when I was a little kid.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

No, because he's irrelevant imo. All he does is mention stuff we already know at the beginning of the episode and then he gives us a small summary of what Ash and friends did at the end; basically stuff that anyone who watches the anime would already know.

I like both narrators they've used, but it's too bad he rarely gets to do more than just tell us what's going on and summing things up. It's rare that he does anything else. At least they changed it up in that one Orange Islands episode when he whined about seeing the same opening scene all the time, and narrators never getting to have any fun. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    I like both narrators they've used, but it's too bad he rarely gets to do more than just tell us what's going on and summing things up. It's rare that he does anything else. At least they changed it up in that one Orange Islands episode when he whined about seeing the same opening scene all the time, and narrators never getting to have any fun. LOL
    ROFL. Completely agreed. It's always "Our heroes!" all the time with both of them. Yeesh. They should let him have more fun sometimes. XD.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Does anyone remember the narrator from Powerpuff Girls? Now that guy got to do a lot XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Does anyone remember the narrator from Powerpuff Girls? Now that guy got to do a lot XD
    "The city of Townsville...what's this...oh no! girls! (etc.)!" Oh yeah, he definitely got his fair share of limelight! The Pokemon narrator needs more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12