Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54

Thread: stand alone Pokemon

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I am not one of those that spout about patterns in the games but it would look like 1, 3, and 5 introduced a lot of them as those were the where we got the most new Pokemon. 2 and 4 added pre-evolutions and evolutions to existing. I would be willing to bet that 6 will do the same as 2 and 4. We already know one with Sylveon. As for the stand-alones, 5 added a ton of them and there are still several from 3 that have not received a new stage.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Absol! Absol! Absol! Although, I do love Absol, it's actually perfectly fine the way it is..
    ~
    Also Dunsparce needs to evolve into a super bad-*** Dragon Type, just for the heck of it.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

    Abra - 14 Boxes

    Next Hunt:

    Aron
    Ludicolo

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I like stand alone Pokemons and disliked that some of them were given pre-evo or evolutions. Magmar, for example, I'm okay with Magby, but Magmortar was monstruous. The same goes for Electivire.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In your base, killing ur doods
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Certain stand-alone Pokemon don't even NEED evolutions. (Absol, Heracross, Toxic Boost Zangoose, all of the Legendaries...)
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    if anything needs an evolution, it's farfetch'd. It's pretty terrible by comparison to other standalone pokemon

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    11

    Default

    it is also be logical to expect first generations had more standalone pokemons
    Furkan Gozukara - M.Sc. Computer Engineer From Turkey
    Indie browser pokemon style game Monster MMORPG Developer

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cirque du Dčcadence
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    I like some standalone pokemon I hope they wont get any evos like Lapras and Heracross. Some really need second evo or I can picture the baby evo like Qwilfish, Farfectch'D, Kangashkan, etc you guys have mentioned before.
    I can see there will be more new evos/pre evos for the standalone in Gen 6, I just hope they'd do some justice to those pokemon...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    100

    Default

    I prefer standalones over Pokemon with baby and future evos. Babies are not too bad because their cute and don't change the original family member. But I don't like future evos unless there is a big change from the original

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Number from 0 to 100?
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    I really dislike Scizor. Not a big fan of Probopass either, although I never really liked Nosepass. But Scyther should have stayed stand alone.
    You gotta be kidding, I'm in love with Scizor!

    I'm personally gald Roselia is no longer a standalone. For it to have a pre-evolution alongside an evolution really gave that pokemon some value!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

    I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

    I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

    I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    You gotta be kidding, I'm in love with Scizor!

    I'm personally gald Roselia is no longer a standalone. For it to have a pre-evolution alongside an evolution really gave that pokemon some value!
    It's the only one who had such treatment.

    Roselia alone was pretty mediocre, but Roserade is pretty good, getting Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Natural Cure.

    But... Speaking of Gen III Standalone Grass Types, I really like Tropius.

    Altough, I'm conflicted with it. I both want it to be standalone, and have a Prevo at the same time.


    Oh, and Absol Prevo would be adorable.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    168

    Default

    LAPRAS NEEDS TO EVOLVE INTO ICE/DRAGON KTHX.

    Also Dunsparce and Stunfish.
    Kangashkan would be a cool Fighting/Ground or Normal/Ground
    It would be pretty cool to give Unown a new forme if you catch enough, they merge together or something?
    Qwilfish and Corsola.
    STANTLER<3
    Current Shiny Hunt:

    Abra - 14 Boxes

    Next Hunt:

    Aron
    Ludicolo

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmack102 View Post
    LAPRAS NEEDS TO EVOLVE INTO ICE/DRAGON KTHX.

    Also Dunsparce and Stunfish.
    Kangashkan would be a cool Fighting/Ground or Normal/Ground
    It would be pretty cool to give Unown a new forme if you catch enough, they merge together or something?
    Qwilfish and Corsola.
    STANTLER<3
    Lapras... No. Lapras is good enough as it is.

    Dunsparce would be cool as Normal Dragon, altough it's Serene Grace is insane in some cases.

    StunfisK is actually good.

    Kangaskan... Why? Why don't you want it's prevo to be a Poké? (It looks so wrong to see it have a baby while hatching out of an egg)

    Unown already had 26 Formes, and then had two more added on. Plus, it has pretty much no reason to exist anyway other than mythology and script.

    Qwilfish, I actually want to evolve and have Hugh reveal he was wearing it this whole time.

    Corsola is so horrid, it needs it.

    Stantler? Eh, I guess.


    Luvdisc, I kinda want to have it get a Signature Move. I mean, the only feature it has is Heart Scale farming.
    Don't say the Alomomola thing, the two look completely different, and are different species of fish (yes, I know Surskit/Masquerain, but the two are already related). Plus, Luvdisc is as thin as a CD, and then you have this fat... thing.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    I really dislike Scizor. Not a big fan of Probopass either, although I never really liked Nosepass. But Scyther should have stayed stand alone.
    The thing with Scyther is it has the same base-stat total as Scizor, so it honestly doesn't matter that much.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    The thing with Scyther is it has the same base-stat total as Scizor, so it honestly doesn't matter that much.
    Hum, but the two have slightly different focuses.

    By that logic Froslass and Glalie shouldn't be related.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Hum, but the two have slightly different focuses.

    By that logic Froslass and Glalie shouldn't be related.
    Froslass isn't an evolution of Glalie though, Scizor IS an evolution of Scyther. I'm just saying Scyther is perfectly viable even with the existence of Scizor.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Froslass isn't an evolution of Glalie though, Scizor IS an evolution of Scyther. I'm just saying Scyther is perfectly viable even with the existence of Scizor.
    I know that, but the two are evolutionary related, and the Snorunt line was perfectly viable without Froslass.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Smash Run
    Posts
    6,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Lapras... No. Lapras is good enough as it is.

    Dunsparce would be cool as Normal Dragon, altough it's Serene Grace is insane in some cases.

    StunfisK is actually good.

    Kangaskan... Why? Why don't you want it's prevo to be a Poké? (It looks so wrong to see it have a baby while hatching out of an egg)

    Unown already had 26 Formes, and then had two more added on. Plus, it has pretty much no reason to exist anyway other than mythology and script.

    Qwilfish, I actually want to evolve and have Hugh reveal he was wearing it this whole time.

    Corsola is so horrid, it needs it.

    Stantler? Eh, I guess.


    Luvdisc, I kinda want to have it get a Signature Move. I mean, the only feature it has is Heart Scale farming.
    Don't say the Alomomola thing, the two look completely different, and are different species of fish (yes, I know Surskit/Masquerain, but the two are already related). Plus, Luvdisc is as thin as a CD, and then you have this fat... thing.


    Since when difference species affect the evolution regardless of relationship or not? And even if something flat evolving into something chubby looks wrong take Magikarp who evolves into Gyarados that's something long hey that rhymed. Plus people can say whatever they want here even Alomomola wanting to be connected to Luvdisc.


  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I know that, but the two are evolutionary related, and the Snorunt line was perfectly viable without Froslass.
    True, but Froslass' existence doesn't make Glalie any less viable, that was my point.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    195

    Default

    I wonder why everyone is hating on Magmortar and Electivire? I got both from Battle Revolution and they destroyed the Elite Four (including Bertha, who they're both weak to). Electivire has a wide moveset, and Magmortar is amazing as my sweeper ever since I transferred it to White 2. I gave it a lackluster moveset, but that's something I'm working on.
        Spoiler:- My best teams:

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Druddigon it is fine by itself but whould not mind an evo

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In your base, killing ur doods
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Stantler can be useful in Johto games, as it's a Normal Type with Astonish, useful for Morty. But it needs an evolution to be good elsewhere. I mean seriously, Sneasel got one. And that was great anyway.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

  22. #47

    Default

    Druddigon and Kangaskhan deserve a say.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782

    Default

    I would like that Kangaskhan's baby were given a name and became a species. It's weird that it is different of Kangaskhan and isn't considered an evolutionary stage.

  24. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    I would like that Kangaskhan's baby were given a name and became a species. It's weird that it is different of Kangaskhan and isn't considered an evolutionary stage.
    Yeah you're right. So many pre evolutions to pokemon except for Kangaskhan.

  25. #50

    Default

    The pokemons I think really really need to evolve:

    Farfetch'd, that poor thing gets much too few screentime and really need to evolve into something mindblowing awesome! Many cool things can be done with its evolution!

    Both Tauros and Miltank could have a pre-evolution!

    Pinsir should also get a Pre-evolution.

    Qwilfish could also have a very neat evolution! The poor thing now looks kinda boring and alone.

    Corsola should get a evolution based on brain coral or about reefs.

    Stantler would be cool if it got a cool upgrade, but I like it already.

    Smeargle is the weakest stand-alone pokemon of all, it should get an artist pokemon evolution, tha would be soooo cool.

    Both Sableye and Mawile are cool, but they can become much cooler with bigger evolutions.

    Spinda could get some Pandabear evolution.

    Kecleon Evolution would be awesome as well, maybe some Normal/Dragon type?

    Castform becoming some weather-lord would be awesome.

    Chatot, that poor thing needs to evolve into a beautiful operah singer parrot.

    Emolga and Pachirisu: Please give these poor little things a cool big upgrade!

    Durant would be cool if it evolved into an metal ant-warrior and then into a metal ant-queen so that it can protect itself against Heatmor who doesn't get an evolution because he's cool enough already.

    I hate no pokemon as much as I hate Delibird, so I hope he never gets a evolution and that this christmas pokemon is forgotten forever, never catch that thing.

    Also Dragonair and Flaaffy should both get a second upgrade much like Politoed was to Poliwrath, I really, REALLY dislike both Dragonite and Ampharos, they should be replaced for a dragonair-like evolution and a sheep-like evolution, a ram maybe.






    Btw, I really hate the evolutions of Tangela, Blissey and Lickitung, those are just horrid!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •