Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tale of Heroes - Part 1: Reign of Diaz (PG:14)

Natalia Denar
    Kale
    Meredith’s Inn

More introductions followed. The tall blonde man introduced himself as Captain Ethan Dagget, but not before having a go at undermining Natalia’s position in the newly formed group by calling her Nat. The man in the dark cape followed suit. He sat down right next to Natalia and sent shivers down her spine in the process. He took down his hood and gave the briefest of introductions. “My name’s Keres.” He grinned and turned to Natalia before continuing. “Nice to meet you, Nat.”

Natalia glared at him and ground her teeth. This whole thing has severely backfired, now even those two will call me Nat. It’s all Artus’ fault for calling me that in the first place. Maybe I should make up nicknames for them as well. Natalia relaxed her jaw and formed her lips in a thin, barely noticeable smile at her last thought.

Her smile didn’t last long, though, as things got weird once again. The other hooded figure approached Keres whose reaction was incredibly disturbing. “Oh yeah, I forgot about you… But I can’t kill you again here.”

Just who or what is this Keres guy and what does he want. All I know is that I’ll keep away from him as much as it’s possible when travelling in the same group. Natalia was so freaked out she could hardly notice anything else going on around her. “… Colenar … Polrin … Diaz … saving them …”The axe guy was telling everyone about himself, but Natalia couldn’t concentrate on what he was saying.

When she recovered from the shock, she noticed Artus leaving the room. She wasn’t willing to spend more time near Keres so she decided to get to her room as well. “So, Colenar, Ker and Eth. I guess I’ll see you in the morning.” she said teasingly before turning around and walking away.

The room was slightly better than she anticipated in such a place, though that wasn’t saying much. The bed was hardly any better than a hay pile, the wind was blowing through the cracks around the dirty window and the old closet was on the verge of falling apart. I guess it can’t be helped. I’ll have to suffer like this for quite a while, before I finally liberate Rose Manor. Natalia took off her boots, leggings and tunic and reluctantly slipped into a night dress she found in the closet. She kept the cuirass and bracers on. While sleeping with them on would be uncomfortable, she didn’t want to risk anything with Keres staying in the same inn. Natalia put her tunic and leggings on a table and her boots under it. After locking the door she lay on the bed and, after tossing and turning for a while, fell asleep.
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

Ethan Daggett
    Meredith’s Inn
    Kale

A few others introduced themselves, including Keres, who also seemed to be starting trouble by addressing the woman as Nat.
    Heh, I like this guy. Ethan thought as he observed Natalia grit her teeth in in frustration

“Oh yeah, I forgot about you… But I can’t kill you again here.” Said Keres, Ethan hadn’t noticed until now that alongside Ekeres was a half-dead looking man, the man didn’t reply. Ethan dismissed it for now, he had seen plenty strange things that day, he could question it in the morning, for now, he was too tired.

Natalia stood up and looked over the crowd
    “So Coelnar, Ker and Eth. I guess I’ll be seeing you in the morning” She said as she headed upstairs towards her room. Ethan’s smile dropped at the sound of ‘Eth’.
    Eth? Seriously? At least Nat sounds like a name… He thought to himself, he turned to Keres and shrugged. Ethan yawned and downed the remainder of his drink, he stood up from the table.
    “Well, I’m gonna hit the hay” He said to the group as he approached the innkeeper. He paid the woman behind the counter and headed upstairs with his key.

Ethan entered the room, it wasn’t anything special, but neither were the Captain’s quarters on the Myrydian. Ethan removed his boots, jacket and shirt. He observed the night clothes on the dresser but frankly: he couldn’t be bothered. Ethan slumped onto the bed and fell asleep rather quickly.

Keres Adrastea
    Merediths inn

The young woman named Natalia, who absolutly didn't want to be named Nat, answered in a little irritating tone, “So Coelnar, Ker and Eth. I guess I’ll be seeing you in the morning” and went off. It appeared she had booked a room for the night. Something Keres didn't even think of.. “Well, I’m gonna hit the hay” Ethan, the pirate-ish person who had been sitting next to Keres said. Keres knew he couldn't sit downstairs all the night, and he didn't want any more uncomfortable time spent with Asher, whi hadn't even said a word after their apperance at the inn. He then got an idea, and went over to the revenant, who had started smelling pretty bad. "You. roomkey!" Keres said as he took off the revenants cape, and sent him towards a lone woman at a table. She screamed like obsessed, left everything she owned, and ran off. Keres went over to her stuff and found what he was looking for: A key. He also found a small notebook with a weak magical feel around it. He took them both, and went back to the others.

"We'll call it a day." he said, and guided the revenant in front f him to the room of the woman from before. Inside the room, which was very, very girly, as the woman obviously had planned on staying for a while, Keres took the revenant aside, and held up his orb, taking back the magic that held the revenant alive. He fell over, dead for good this time. "Thank you for your assistance. May you find peace at last" he said slowly. He then stuffed the body into the closet, which would provide an unpleasent suprise for any houskeeping that would happen later on. The room was small and girly, with woman clothing scattered around. It appeared that the woman didn't care about keeping it clean, but she did have rather interesting stuff. Kere held up the book for a moment, then put it away again. He took off his greaves, gauntlets and hooded cape, and went to bed. He dared not entering the pajamas in the corner.

Coelnar Ellidyn
    Meredith's Inn
    Kale

Unsurprisingly, Ethan immediately sought to antagonize Natalia after her statement, the vicious looking guy, Keres, followed suit. Coelnar sighed with exasperation, but had to hide an amused smile. You'd think people could talk for five minutes without stirring up trouble. Mind you, I suppose she is quite irritating. he reflected, slowly shaking his head. He didn't mind too much. It was just their manner, he supposed. A little rough, but nothing too terrible. As long as they didn't end up at each other's throats. Coelnar was used to stopping arguments, but it was never a pleasant business. He had a feeling he might need to stop a few, though, by the time their journey was out.

In any case, Natalia excused herself, and left the table, presumably to her room. "So, Coelnar, Ker, and Eth. I guess I'll see you in the morning." she said, looking absurdly pleased with herself when she referred to Ethan and Keres. Oh, great. This is going well. he thought sarcastically, noticing Ethan looking slightly irritated. Ethan was the next to head to his room, telling them he needed to 'hit the hay', and leaving Coelnar sitting in uncomfortable silence with Keres. Coelnar still got an odd vibe from him, and so was relieved when he too excused himself, and proceeded to rob a nearby lady of her room key, something which Coelnar found distasteful. He supposed he would have to put up with his companions, however irritating they might be. Coelnar sat in silence for a while, finishing off the last of his meal, before he headed up to his own room, shouldering his axe and heading along to the stairs.

The room looked quite cosy and welcoming, even if it was a little shabby. He went over, and looked at the pyjamas in the closet. They weren't in his size, and as he took a closer look, weren't particularly clean. This put him off of wearing them, so he instead sat on the bed, taking off his chainmail and boots. He lay them on the floor, next to the window. Finally, he lay his axe flat on the ground, and slid it underneath the bed, close enough to the edge for him to be able to grab it quickly if there was any need. There were bound to be a few unsavoury types in a place such as this, and he wanted to be able to defend himself at any time.

He'd not realised quite how tired he was until he hit the mattress. He'd traveled for miles today, and without a proper sleep the night before. The events of the last few days caught up with him, and he drifted into a deep, dreamless sleep.

My fave Pokemon ^.^

Don't click this. Really.

Meredith’s Inn
    Kale
    Asher Ikakois

Asher stood still as Keres cleaned his weapon on his cape. The necromancer’s expression persuaded Asher to remain silent and not suggest that removing the claw would make the ordeal less of one. The revenant stayed where it was and made no comment; perhaps it could detect its master’s wishes instinctively. Then again, Asher had observed the civilian-revenant requiring commands before moving, but this one had obediently followed Keres. The necromancer had placed a cape and cowl over the soldier’s corpse, but it appearance had changed from grotesque to merely suspicious, which, while it would get them through the gate with not much trouble, might cause issues later. Keres pulled his hood over his head and hid his hands in the folds of his cloak before departing for the town.

Asher knew that, of the trio, he would be the one to attract the most attention, but if the revenant’s status as such were to be revealed, then the attention would be direction towards something more troublesome. He would try his best to remain out-of-sight, but a six-foot, mud-brown, un-shoed, and long-haired person would have quite some difficultly concealing his nature. Even though Asher had his apprehensions, the guard allowed them entry to the town without fuss.

Keres was giving Asher weird glances. The construct shied away, stepping a few feet away from him; he was not comfortable walking so close to someone who appeared to have ulterior motives to protecting him.

The inn that they came to was called Meredith’s Inn; Asher was weary of moving and Keres needed something from it, so they entered. They headed for a table in the corner where they would not be observed without it being obvious. Asher sat down nervously – he was not sure of Keres’ sanity and was not willing to take chances, seeing as what happened the last time. The revenant stood there, at peace with its lot.

A conversation had begun in another section of the inn and Asher listened intently. People were relating their stories of being deprived of their livelihoods and family members by Diaz. They resounded with him as his own story was similar, yet he would not talk as he was afraid of their reactions. Once one of them had heard of Luna’s kidnapping, they volunteered to search for her, but several other patrons of the bar jeered at him and spoke of how he would be killed; nevertheless, several people agreed with the plan to save Luna. As Asher was debating whether to respond to the request, Keres told to the recruiting man, without any apparent emotion, that he and Asher would be assisting him. Asher was unsure of where this decision would lead, but as he had no current purpose in life besides preventing the necromancer from rampaging, he stayed where he was and did not speak.

“Alright, I guess it’s settled.” Artus said. He grabbed a chair and sat down, relieved that people agreed with him. “We’ll go tomorrow morning, ‘cus it’s gonna get dark soon. And besides, I’m pretty sure we’ll need all the rest we can get.” He paused for a few moments to let the information be absorbed before introducing himself, “I’m Artus by the way. Artus Callum. ” He spoke as he had little practice speaking with others. “Ummmm…so yeah, nice to meet you guys. What are your names?”

Other people piped up afterwards, one a proud girl who was sure that rank could get her through life easily. She stood haughtily, keeping her chin up, and seemed to be looking down on people without being taller than them. ’A noble,’ Asher thought, nearly disparagingly, [/i]’I know them to hold themselves above others without an acceptable reason. I…have no problems with most as they tend to leave me alone and not engage me in talk. Even if I am a construct, they still regard me as a “commoner”, so the way they treat me is not special. Even if it were…I would voice no complaint. They have their reasons for their attitudes, yet traveling with one may prove trying to the patience.’[/i]

The person who seemed to have a disposition which disagreed with the law in general spoke next. He was searching for a weapon, which came across to Asher as something odd to risk life-and-limb for. The other, Coelnar, if Asher were to venture a guess, was one the people who lived closer to nature than others and respected it. Those were the sort of people who had chosen to harass Asher for being something unnatural, something that was not supposed to live. In that regard, Asher almost preferred the person who searched for the weapon. There was an unknown person next to Ethan, but they had not introduced themself yet.

As soon as Keres had begun to introduce himself to the group, he agitated the noble. He had called her something that she had insisted that people not use and was grinning at her. Asher moved the palm of his hand to his forehead; he was not prepared for the necromancer deliberately seeking out fights with his to-be party members, but he now considered that a lack of foresight on his part. Luckily, the noblewoman diffused the situation by departing for a room. Keres followed in her metaphorical footsteps, and not her literal ones, as she would have potentially attacked him otherwise. Asher waved down a waitress, formed a request for a room on the lump of metal and headed to his room.

The room was sparsely decorated. If they could have gotten away with patchwork blankets, then Asher supposed that they would have. The closet was supplied with a nightdress and a shirt and pants. ’Are we supposed to wear these?’ he wondered, and then grabbed the pants and nightdress. They were a plain white, but they were not uncomfortable as he discovered when he disrobed himself of his day-clothes and donned the nightdress and shirt. He folded his other clothes and put them next to where he had lain his bag down. He lay down on the bed, pulled the covers over himself and thought. He could not fall asleep easily today – the chaos of the day, instead of exhausting him completely, which, it admittedly did, invited him to contemplate on them.

’Why did Diaz attack? So many people could have lived if he did not. It is only because of his general? I do not know. I do not need to know,’ he thought, curling into a ball. He hid under the blankets like a small child; he was scared for he had begun to finally care again after days of moving around without purpose. Knowing hope that people would accept him as a non-human had been painful as very few people never asked questions of him. He knew that curiosity was normal, but the questions still hurt. ’I need to sleep.’ He attempted to console himself with the hope that this new group would not recognize his unnaturalness, but already they had stared at him. He resolved to stay at the back and remain silent. He would appear to be the person who stood strong and unflappable, a pillar of absolute certainty – nothing like his current state. As he repeated his decision to himself again and again he fell into a sleep which absolved him of all his worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

Meredith's Inn
    Kale
    Artus Callum

Artus rubbed his crusty eyes as he rolled out of bed. He had an unusually peaceful sleep last night, and the overall comfort of the bed was much better than he had anticipated. He got washed up, and then changed into his regular clothes, and put on his armor, and attached his sword to his belt. He was a bit more chipper that morning, mostly due to upcoming trip to Galvez. He had spent a good hour last night mulling things over in his head, trying to come up with different plans and whatnot to ensure their safety. Albeit the trip wasn’t exactly safe anyways, so obviously all of his plans involved some sort of danger as well.

Time for breakfast… His stomach rumbled, as he crept out of his room. He slowly closed the door behind him, not wanting to wake up any of the other guests that may have been staying in the inn. He walked down the hallway and then proceeded down the stairs heading for the main lobby where he originally met the group he would be travelling with. Nobody’s here yet… He thought. He glanced around the lobby, and only saw one person sitting at the table drinking some sort of hot beverage. Artus walked up the back counter and talked with the lady. “Is breakfast free?” He asked. She raised one eyebrow at Artus and smiled.

“Yes it’s free.” She pointed at a sign near the entrance, which read ‘Free Breakfast Served Every Morning!’ Artus felt slightly embarrassed, but he tried to cover it up with a slight laugh. “What would you like?” She asked him.

“Uhhh…I’ll just have tea I guess. And maybe a bowl of oats or something.” The lady nodded and came back a few minutes later with a bowl of warm oatmeal and the cup of tea. “Enjoy.” Artus nodded and smiled, and took a bite out of his food.

And now I wait for the others… Although Artus was slightly excited by the trip, he was more nervous than anything. His excitement was more fuelled by his anxiety, as he knew that this trip would not be your ordinary everyday picnic. However he was glad that he had a group of people who were also venturing down there as it would make the quest easier. Artus was not the type of person that would sell out his allies, and he was hoping the people he was travelling with weren't either. That Keres guy popped into his head, and he did seem a bit unusual. Keres' friend, the dark brown guy seemed to be rather quiet as well as the blue haired girl that sitting with Ethan. Ethan himself seemed like a good person, as well as Coelnar. And Natalia of course would probably be complaining as usual. However, none of them stood out to Artus as the kind of people who would stab each other in the back. Seems like a good bunch of folks...

Natalia Denar
    Kale
    Meredith’s Inn

The first sunrays that made it through the dirty window glass and danced around the room. They were enough to disturb Natalia’s sleep and wake her up. She opened her eyes slightly, just enough to see where all the light was coming from all of a sudden. Oh, for God’s sake. Has the innkeeper never heard of curtains?

Natalia knew she wouldn’t be able to fall back asleep with more and more daylight entering the room. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. Sleeping in this awful bed with her armour on was every bit as uncomfortable as she had imagined, but due to the exhaustion of the previous day she was still able to sleep well enough. The light wasn’t doing the room any favours, it revealed all of its faults and shortcomings, such as spider webs on the ceiling, cracks on the walls and dust piles in the corners to name a few. She could hear some footsteps from below, from which she concluded the inn was already serving breakfast.

She slowly got up and after spending some time on her personal hygiene changed back into her clothes and fixed her sheaths to her belt. She was in no hurry, Keres could already be in the inn’s main room and Natalia wasn’t really eager to see him again. She wasn’t thrilled about the upcoming trip to Galvez either, but it was her best way out of Kale. The incident from the previous day proved travelling on her own was dangerous. When she was pleased with the way she looked, she headed downstairs.

Artus was the only one of the group already eating his breakfast. Natalia smiled at him and stepped up to the counter. I need to become the leader of this group, so I can make them help me with my little problem afterwards. For now it seems Artus will be calling the shots, as he came up with this rescue mission. Let’s see if I can make him pass the decision making to me. “I’ll have a sweet roll and two apples for my breakfast. And some tea.” Natalia said to the woman at the counter. When she got her breakfast she joined Artus at the table. “Good morning. Did you sleep well?” Natalia tried to sound cheerful. “So, have you come up with any plans for our adventure? I could help you with that if you want. Two heads are better than one, after all.” Natalia looked at Artus with anticipation, hoping she would be able to influence his decisions and gain his complete trust at the same time.
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

Keres Adrastea
    Meredith's inn

Pretty early in the morning, the sunrays entered Keres' room, and found their way to his face. He woke up with a grumpy groan, and stumbled out of bed. He was no big morning-person, and he knew that he probably looked like sh!t. He went towards the closet to see if there were any towels lying in there, but as soon as he opened the door, a corpse fell out, suprising and starteling him. He had forgotten that he had put the revenant in there the night before. Wow.. he appeared to be more tired than he realized after the journey to Kale.

After stuffing the corpse into the closet again, Keres put on his gauntlets and greaves, and got fully dressed before leaving the room. He had gotten an idea a little while earlier, and took out his Crystal Orb and started chanting low, feeling energy flowing from some of the other rooms. Stealing the other guests energy seemed like a good way of waking up, and by the time he got downstairs into the dining hall where he saw Artus and Natalia alreaady eating, Keres was fully awake. He could easily hear how Natalia tried to soften up Artus. What was she planning..? With new energy, he ordered some breakfast he could recognize from the meny, and sat down next to Natalia. "Mornin', Nat" He said while yawning loudly
    Last edited by Schade; 3rd May 2013 at 10:57 AM.

Meredith's Inn
    Kale
    Artus Callum

“Good morning. Did you sleep well?” Artus nodded to Natalia, who joined him at the table. “So, have you come up with any plans for our adventure? I could help you with that if you want. Two heads are better than one, after all.” Artus took a spoonful of his oats and looked at Natalia. She was being unusually cheery, not to mention she gave a warm smile. Artus wasn’t good at reading people anyways, so he supposed it was due to the start of a new day. Right after Natalia finished speaking, Keres took a seat next to her, yawning.

“Mornin’ Nat.” He said. Good morning to you too… Artus thought. Keres didn’t greet him, but he let it slide. Keres didn’t seem to be the talkative type anyways. And besides, he didn’t exactly want to push anyone’s buttons the wrong way. After all, they would be travelling together, so if he had any rivalries between other members It would just be hindering progress. Not to mention he Artus wasn't entirely sure if he felt comfortable with having a rivalry with someone else. I could probably take him... He thought, assuring himself.

“So anyways…I haven’t really come up with any thing good, but I did think of one thing.” Artus spoke. “I know that there’s multiple routes to get to Galvez. If we want to stay out of sight and maintain a low profile we should probably stay away from the main route.” He took a brief pause. “But I have no clue which is the next quickest route. We’re probably gonna need a map, and I’m pretty sure most of the shops in town are closed.” He stopped for a moment to take a sip of his tea. “Unless either of you guys have another idea. I’m all ears.” He said, this time speaking to Keres as well."

Ethan Daggett
    Meredith’s Inn
    Kale

Ethan awoke grouchily, yawning. He rolled out of his bed and put on his clothes and attached his sheath and holster, he made sure to fully load his gun before heading out. He knew that today was the day they set out to Galvez. The day that Ethan might finally get a decent lead on Ocean’s Blade. But he wasn’t getting his hopes up, he had thought he had a lead previously but turned out to be dead wrong.

Ethan went downstairs, still quite tired, he walked in mid-conversation. Artus, Keres and Natalia were already downstairs.
    “So anyways…I haven’t really come up with anything good, but I did think of one thing.” Said Artus “I know that there’s multiple routes to get to Galvez. If we want to stay out of sight and maintain a low profile we should probably stay away from the main route.” He paused briefly. “But I have no clue which is the next quickest route. We’re probably gonna need a map, and I’m pretty sure most of the shops in town are closed.” Ethan signalled with his hand to the bar-keep and ordered a glass of rum and some bread; he took his ‘meal’ and sat down.

“Artus, Keres, Nat” said Ethan, then taking a drink followed by a bite of the bread.
    “If the main route is too rough for you lot, I know there’s a river nearby here that runs by Galvez, we can follow that.” He said “Not sure how fast it is, though.” He shrugged.

Ethan looked over the group again. Here he sat with a creepy hooded man who seemed to have a love affair with death, some posh woman who seems to think she's above everybody else, and some kid. Ethan had travelled with some interesting people before, but nothing this varied.
    Last edited by Accelgor X; 3rd May 2013 at 10:02 PM.

(OOC: @Accelgor: So far only Natalia didn't tell about her origin anyone but Artus.)

Natalia Denar
    Kale
    Meredith’s Inn

Before Artus could answer Keres, of all people, decided to show up and sat next to Natalia. He immediately had a go at her. “Mornin’ Nat.” Natalia decided to ignore him completely. There’s no way I can achieve much now that he’s here. And that was probably the last time I’ll be alone with Artus for a while. Artus seemed to be a bit irritated by Keres’ entrance as well. After the slight delay he answered Natalia’s question.

“So anyways…I haven’t really come up with anything good, but I did think of one thing.” Artus said. “I know that there’s multiple routes to get to Galvez. If we want to stay out of sight and maintain a low profile we should probably stay away from the main route.” He took a brief pause. “But I have no clue which is the next quickest route. We’re probably gonna need a map, and I’m pretty sure most of the shops in town are closed.” He stopped for a moment to take a sip of his tea. “Unless either of you guys have another idea. I’m all ears.”

At that time Ethan entered the room as well. He ordered his breakfast and joined them at the table. “Artus, Keres, Nat.” Ethan didn’t waste words on the greeting and went straight to the point. “If the main route is too rough for you lot, I know there’s a river nearby here that runs by Galvez, we can follow that.” He said “Not sure how fast it is, though.” He shrugged. Crap. There’s someone with a reasonable suggestion and I know next to nothing about the local geography. How can I top that?

Still, Natalia managed to come up with something to add. “Considering we’re in a hurry, we could hire a ferry, if we find someone to take us there. If there’s no such person we can still get at least a boat or a raft. It won’t be exactly stealthy, though.” Natalia looked around and waited for others’ opinions.

My PASBL Stats

Meredith's Inn
    Kale
    Artus Callum & Co.

Soon enough, another member of their little brigade had shown up. Artus noticed it was Ethan, who was probably the oldest of the group. “Artus, Keres, Nat” He said, taking a drink followed by a bite of the bread. “If the main route is too rough for you lot, I know there’s a river nearby here that runs by Galvez, we can follow that.” He said “Not sure how fast it is, though.” He shrugged. Artus pondered about Ethan's route, however following the river seemed like a good idea. And besides, Ethan seemed like he a good understanding of navigation.

"Considering we’re in a hurry, we could hire a ferry, if we find someone to take us there. If there’s no such person we can still get at least a boat or a raft. It won’t be exactly stealthy, though.” Natalia looked around and waited for the others’ opinions.

Artus sat silently for a moment thinking. They were stumped. None of them had ever done this before, so it was almost as if everyone was just spitting out ideas. "Yeah, that's not gonna happen Nat. We're never going to find someone willing to carry us all the way to the prison. Not to mention they'll see us coming before we even get there." Artus sighed. "Well I guess we should just go with Ethan's plan. I mean, if the river points the way to the Prison, then I guess we would be dumb not to take that route." He then looked at Keres. "Keres...what do you think we should do?" He figured he'd ask Keres, since it's usually the quiet one in the group that comes up with the best ideas. Besides, Artus kind of felt like putting the spotlight on him.
    Last edited by AJ2000; 3rd May 2013 at 10:09 PM.

Keres Adrastea
    Merediths inn

After greeting Natalia, who seemed rather irritated this morning, Keres ate his breakfast, and the small group was shortly after joiend by Ethan. “Artus, Keres, Nat” he said, greeting them all. Keres noticed how Natalia reacted to her annoyingly fitting nickname. “If the main route is too rough for you lot, I know there’s a river nearby here that runs by Galvez, we can follow that.” he then said, and Artus seemed to like the idea. Keres, however, hated it. He hated being on boats and easily got seasick. He shrugged by the idea of the unsteady ferry..

"Considering we’re in a hurry, we could hire a ferry, if we find someone to take us there. If there’s no such person we can still get at least a boat or a raft. It won’t be exactly stealthy, though.” Natalia said, before awaiting the others response. But it fell flat with Artus, who lectured her on how obvious they would seem if they did so. Keres sighed in relief after this, and Artus turned his attention to him, asking him of his opinions. wether or not this was a 'test' of Keres liability, he did not know.

Keres took out his Crystal orb again and peered into it while speaking, mainly for himself. "We should.. go directly to the prison, and kill everyone who dare standing in our way". He was a bit unsure if this method would be accepted by the others, and he knew he had to tag along on their little journey in order to somehow gain their trust. "Or we could.. y'know, ask around or something..." he then said, thoughtfully. He did not mean it. Killing was his way of getting stuff done.

Ethan Daggett
    Meredith’s Inn
    Kale

A few suggestions were bounced around, including a boat. This would have been ideal for Ethan had his boat not been half way across the country and too big to fit in a river. Ethan certainly liked travel by water, but as mentioned, they would be seen incredibly easily. And its probably too obvious.

“Boat could work,” Ethan commented “It’d definitely be fast, but they’d see it comin’ a mile away”

"We should.. go directly to the prison, and kill everyone who dare standing in our way" Commented Keres. Seriously? This guy had balls. Ethan wasn’t sure whether he was joking or not. "Or we could.. y'know, ask around or something..." He added. Whilst it was a very risky idea, Ethan couldn’t help but feel a little bit disappointed at Keres’ after thought. It had been a while since Ethan was in a big fight, the last of which was the battle in which he lost his entire crew. Oh well, Ethan was sure they could get into some good brawls at the prison. Ethan took a couple of bites from the bread

“Heh,” Ethan chuckled “I wish. But if Artus wants a chance at gettin’ his girlfriend back” Ethan said jokingly “We’ll need to at least stay unnoticed until we actually get there. Besides, we don’t know how many soldiers there’ll actually be.” Ethan ate some more bread

Ethan thought over their options for a moment, horses came to mind, but truth be told Ethan hated horseback riding, he decided not to mention it.
    “Anybody got a map?” He asked. Ethan then finished off his bread and took a drink of his rum. “That ought to make things easier”
    Last edited by Accelgor X; 3rd May 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Coelnar Ellidyn
    Meredith's Inn
    Kale

Coelnar felt quite well rested when he woke up, and he'd clearly slept quite well, because by the time he opened his eyes, the sun was glaring on his face, dazzling him so that he couldn't see a thing. He stumbled over to the wall, leaning on it and blinking until he could see properly again. Once his vision returned to normal, he knelt down and picked up his chainmail shirt, pulling it over his head. He looked around, and it was clear to him that nothing had happened in the night. At least, no-one had entered his room, or made off with anything, something which he'd been half expecting. He leant down, and slid his axe out from under the bed. I really need to make a sheath for this thing. If I could get myself some leather, it would be simple enough, I'm sure, he thought, as he stood up, and headed out of the room, down to the tavern area.

Most of the others were already down, and appeared to be deep in conversation. Coelnar went over, and took one of the bowls of oatmeal, before heading over to their table. As he neared the table, the topic of their conversation became apparent. They were discussing how they would make it to Galvez. Something that worried him was that they seemed to be considering taking a boat. As Coelnar sat down, he also heard Keres saying something about killing everyone there. Ethan seemed to like the idea, but he dismissed it.

"You know," he said, after Ethan had spoken. "This might be a stupid idea, but we could.. Well.. Let ourselves be captured. Just hear me out. I can use magic, and I wont find it hard to break out of my cell. There'll only be a few guards at each dungeon, and we'll just need to take them out before they raise the alarm. Then we can take out a few guards at a time, or find whoever's in charge of the prison. If we take them out, then there'll be no-one to give out orders." he shrugged. "But we definitely cant let ourselves be caught up in an all out attack. We'll end up dead before we reach the walls. Same if we use the river. The archers will tear us to shreds. Its all I can come up with. It might work, I dont know. Speaking of which, can any of you use magic, though? Just wondering." he looked around the table. "Of course, if we went with this plan, we wouldnt have our weapons for the battle, so if you cant use magic, you might be in trouble. I just think that we need to attack when they don't expect it, that's all. We need a strategy they won't expect."

My fave Pokemon ^.^

Meredith's Inn
    Kale
    Artus Callum & co.

"We should.. go directly to the prison, and kill everyone who dare standing in our way." Artus wasn't too sure of his strategy. Sure it was straightforward, but there was no way they had enough manpower to take down every foe in the prison. "Or we could.. y'know, ask around or something..." Clearly Keres was no help. It didn't really bother Artus, seeing as the others were pitching in ideas as well.

“Heh,” Ethan chuckled “I wish. But if Artus wants a chance at gettin’ his girlfriend back” Ethan said jokingly “We’ll need to at least stay unnoticed until we actually get there. Besides, we don’t know how many soldiers there’ll actually be.” Ethan ate some more bread. “Anybody got a map?” He asked. Ethan then finished off his bread and took a drink of his rum. “That ought to make things easier”

Girlfriend? Artus thought. "I wish Luna was my girlfriend." Artus laughed. "But yeah, we'll need a map. It'll make things a hell of a lot easier." Artus then looked at Coelnar, who arrived at the table not too long ago.

"You know," Coelnar said. "This might be a stupid idea, but we could.. Well.. Let ourselves be captured. Just hear me out. I can use magic, and I wont find it hard to break out of my cell. There'll only be a few guards at each dungeon, and we'll just need to take them out before they raise the alarm. Then we can take out a few guards at a time, or find whoever's in charge of the prison. If we take them out, then there'll be no-one to give out orders." he shrugged. "But we definitely cant let ourselves be caught up in an all out attack. We'll end up dead before we reach the walls. Same if we use the river. The archers will tear us to shreds. Its all I can come up with. It might work, I dont know. Speaking of which, can any of you use magic, though? Just wondering." he looked around the table. "Of course, if we went with this plan, we wouldnt have our weapons for the battle, so if you cant use magic, you might be in trouble. I just think that we need to attack when they don't expect it, that's all. We need a strategy they won't expect."

Artus thought about Coelnar's strategy. Sure it was unexpected, but Artus wasn't too keen on the idea. It seemed to be too much of a risk getting caught. "I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with that idea. What if we get caught, and end up in different cells? Not to mention, there are probably other people who can use magic that are currently being held at Galvez Prison, so there must be a reason why they can't escape if that's the case." Artus thought about it some more. There has to be a way... "Okay so then let's sum this up. So far we got Nat's boat idea, which is a no-go, we got getting captured on purpose, and Ethan's river idea." These were not what Artus was expecting, but seeing as there were no more ideas getting thrown out, Artus decided to vouch for one of them. "If that's all we got...then I say we do a vote. I'm gonna vote for Ethan's idea. What about you guys? We'll see what others vote for when they get down here."
    Last edited by AJ2000; 4th May 2013 at 10:33 PM.

Natalia Denar
    Kale
    Meredith’s Inn

Artus rejected Natalia’s suggestion due to the same two shortcomings Natalia mentioned: finding someone to take them there and risking being noticed from far away. Natalia didn’t like the patronising tone Artus used when dismissing her suggestion. Artus then turned to Keres for ideas.

Keres apparently tried to find a solution by looking in a crystal ball. “We should.. go directly to prison, and kill everyone who dare standing in our way.” Natalia raised her eyebrows. Seriously? This crystal ball is clearly a fake. Or maybe it’s just that the guy’s crazy. Keres then continued. “Or we could.. y’know, ask around or something…” And the award for the most useless suggestion goes to…

Ethan, on the other hand, quite liked the boat idea. Aside from it being too easy to spot. He also brought up an important question. “Anybody got a map? That ought to make things a lot easier.” It was hard not to agree.

Coelnar, who had just joined them at the table with his breakfast, also chipped it with his idea. “You know,” he said, after Ethan had spoken. “This might be a stupid idea, but we could.. Well.. Let ourselves be captured. Just hear me out. I can use magic, and I wont find it hard to break out of my cell. There'll only be a few guards at each dungeon, and we'll just need to take them out before they raise the alarm. Then we can take out a few guards at a time, or find whoever's in charge of the prison. If we take them out, then there'll be no-one to give out orders.” he shrugged. “But we definitely cant let ourselves be caught up in an all out attack. We'll end up dead before we reach the walls. Same if we use the river. The archers will tear us to shreds. Its all I can come up with. It might work, I dont know. Speaking of which, can any of you use magic, though? Just wondering.” he looked around the table. “Of course, if we went with this plan, we wouldnt have our weapons for the battle, so if you cant use magic, you might be in trouble. I just think that we need to attack when they don't expect it, that's all. We need a strategy they won't expect.”

In theory, it was a good plan, but it had many flaws. Once again, Artus was the first to name point them out. “I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with that idea. What if we get caught, and end up in different cells? Not to mention, there are probably other people who can use magic that are currently being held at Galvez Prison, so there must be a reason why they can't escape if that's the case.” On top of that, I can’t do much without my swords.

Artus decided to sum everything up. “Okay so then let's sum this up. So far we got Nat's boat idea, which is a no-go, we got getting captured on purpose, and Ethan's river idea. If that's all we got...then I say we do a vote. I'm gonna vote for Ethan's idea. What about you guys? We'll see what others vote for when they get down here.”

Natalia was annoyed by how Artus was treating her suggestion. It was more or less the same as Ethan’s, which he considered to be the best, except it carried slightly more risk but would save them a lot of time. Still, she managed to hide her emotions and speak with her most convincing voice. “Well, I think it would be best to combine Eth’s idea with mine, considering, they are both based on travelling along the same river. We could go by boat at first to save time and strength, but do the last mile or so on foot to avoid detection.” Natalia was about to finish, when she had an idea. Time to earn some trust as well as useful information about who should be offered to work for me when this is done. “It is, however, difficult to come up with a great strategy, when we know so little about our fighting styles. How about we tell each other about our abilities and fighting styles? I use this pair of swords, of course, which I back up with some magic to create opportunities to strike.” She looked at the people around her. “What about you?”

My PASBL Stats

Keres Adrastea
    Merediths inn

“Anybody got a map? That ought to make things a lot easier.” Ethan asked, looking at the three others at the table. "I do." Keres said slowly, waving the map he so kindly got from the man at the old tavern in the air in front of them.

“You know,” Colenar suddenly said after Ethan had made his suggestion. “This might be a stupid idea, but we could.. Well.. Let ourselves be captured. Just hear me out. I can use magic, and I wont find it hard to break out of my cell. There'll only be a few guards at each dungeon, and we'll just need to take them out before they raise the alarm. Then we can take out a few guards at a time, or find whoever's in charge of the prison. If we take them out, then there'll be no-one to give out orders.” he then said, a bit enthusiastic. Letting ourselves get caught? That could work.. Or not. “But we definitely cant let ourselves be caught up in an all out attack. We'll end up dead before we reach the walls. Same if we use the river. The archers will tear us to shreds. Its all I can come up with. It might work, I dont know. Speaking of which, can any of you use magic, though? Just wondering.” he then continued. "I can." Keres said, making his orb float around his head in a cute little circle, before bumping it 'accidently' into Natalias head. Colenar continued: “Of course, if we went with this plan, we wouldnt have our weapons for the battle, so if you cant use magic, you might be in trouble. I just think that we need to attack when they don't expect it, that's all. We need a strategy they won't expect.” Keres gave it a bit tought. He could recall his orb from wherever it might be, so that wouldn't be a problem..

“I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with that idea. What if we get caught, and end up in different cells? Not to mention, there are probably other people who can use magic that are currently being held at Galvez Prison, so there must be a reason why they can't escape if that's the case.” Artus then said. Keres sighed. "We have to take chances, you big whiny b!tch." He then carved a small synbol on the table. "We simply just kill them all" he then said ominously.

Artus decided to sum everything up. “Okay so then let's sum this up. So far we got Nat's boat idea, which is a no-go, we got getting captured on purpose, and Ethan's river idea. If that's all we got...then I say we do a vote. I'm gonna vote for Ethan's idea. What about you guys? We'll see what others vote for when they get down here.” Keres gave it a quick thought before answering: "I want to kill someone, so I'm good with whatever you guys pick." he then coughed and said. "But I don't like traveling on water..." and felt embarassed.

Meredith's Inn
    Kale
    Artus Callum

“Well, I think it would be best to combine Eth’s idea with mine, considering, they are both based on travelling along the same river. We could go by boat at first to save time and strength, but do the last mile or so on foot to avoid detection.” Natalia took a pause. “It is, however, difficult to come up with a great strategy, when we know so little about our fighting styles. How about we tell each other about our abilities and fighting styles? I use this pair of swords, of course, which I back up with some magic to create opportunities to strike.” Natalia came up with the idea of getting to know each other’s abilities better so they knew what they were working with. It was a rather good idea to say the least. This way they could know each others weaknesses and try to make up for it in other areas.

“My specialty is Lightning based magic.” He said while looking at Keres. Artus kept thinking about Keres’ previous remark. Something about what he said didn’t sit right with Artus. The way he said it actually irritated him. “And you know, we can’t just barge in there, idiot.” Artus defended himself, changing the subject. There’s no way this skinny bastard is gonna 1-up me. Artus knew this wasn’t the place for a fight, but he didn’t want to seem weak in front of the group, especially not in front of a girl. “We’re not gonna be able to kill an entire army of prison wardens, retard. And I doubt your skinnyass will be able to do anything either.” Artus said. He looked at Keres, and noticed there was a sheet of rolled paper sitting right in front of him. This guy…he had a map and didn’t even bother saying anything. He swiped the paper in front of him and took a brief look at it. There was a small moment of silence between the members. Artus felt bad that he had just completely changed the topic from Natalia’s idea. Artus sighed. He really just screwed up the flow of the conversation. Not to mention they still had to decide what route to take. Natalia's idea seemed good though, combining both Ethan's and hers to provide more safety. However he still had a bone to pick with Keres. “Besides, what can you do?” He asked Keres, with a slightly sarcastic tone.
    Last edited by AJ2000; 5th May 2013 at 12:53 AM.

Keres Adrastea
    Merediths inn

After watching Artus and Natalia discuss on how to enter the prison, for whatever reason they had, Artus didn't seem to like Keres for some reason, but for whatever reason that might be, Keres did not care. He knew he could easily wipe out that naive youngster without much effort. “My specialty is Lightning based magic.” he said when looking at Keres. It appeared he tried to appear somehow intimidating, trying to act like a leader for the group. He tried to dominate Keres, without much luck, it apppeared. Keres held back a small laugh of pity, and an urge to brutally murder the kid here and now

“We’re not gonna be able to kill an entire army of prison wardens, retard. And I doubt your skinnyass will be able to do anything either.” he then said rather aggressivly. Keres laughed. "Heheh.. you're cute" he then took a breath before continuing. "It's piece of cake when you're able to ressurect fallen men into obidient revenants that kill for you" he said while carving into the table with his claws. “Besides, what can you do?”, Artus said. "My speciality is death" Keres then said, dead serious. "And by judging your apperance, and your rather lack of any interesting energies, I believe defeating you one on one would be as difficult as irritating poor Nat here" he then said and pointed to Natalia with one of his claws. "Now stop making a fool out of yourself, you're attracting unwanted attention". A maid had started paying attention to the rising tone of voices, and Keres blew her off by laughing loud and cheerfully, trying to make her think nothing was happening.
    Last edited by Schade; 5th May 2013 at 1:08 AM.

Meredith's Inn
    Kale
    Artus Callum

Keres laughed. "Heheh.. you're cute" he then took a breath before continuing. "It's piece of cake when you're able to ressurect fallen men into obidient revenants that kill for you" he said while carving into the table with his claws."My speciality is death" Keres then said, dead serious. "And by judging your apperance, and your rather lack of any interesting energies, I believe defeating you one on one would be as difficult as irritating poor Nat here" he then said and pointed to Natalia with one of his claws. "Now stop making a fool out of yourself, you're attracting unwanted attention". A maid had started paying attention to the rising tone of voices, and Keres blew her off by laughing loud and cheerfully, trying to make her think nothing was happening.

Artus sized up Keres. One-on-one, with no magic, Artus was fairly sure he could take on Keres on pure physical strength alone. However, his little speech about controlling death and whatnot made Artus uneasy. The maid was eyeing the group, as if they were up to something. He pointed at Nat, basically saying she was a hot-head. Artus looked at Keres. It was obvious Keres wasn't going to be intimidated, and he didn't want to end up as one of his dead revenant-thingies. "Screw this sh*t." Artus said. He gripped the map and got up, pushing in his chair. "Come outside when you guys are ready." He said as he walked out the door.

-------------

Outside, it was the same as the day before. It was quiet, with minimal people walking around. However the sun was shining, and it wasn't too hot of a morning. He looked at the map to take the whole Keres fiasco off his mind. I guess we could take this route... He observed the map, and saw a route that was totally not mentioned within the group. It lead north, and then veered off to the east, where the map located Galvez Prison. It looks safe...but what's this blur? He said, as he rubbed the paper with his finger, on a purple blur. It had looked like someone had worn the map out, which was weird, considering Galvez Prison is a recent landmark. The blur was near midway between the prison and Kale. Probably just a coffee spill or something... He thought. The route intercepted the river at one point, and honestly, Artus wasn't too keen on travelling on water, so this route was already peaking his curiosity.
    Last edited by AJ2000; 5th May 2013 at 1:40 AM.

Coelnar Elllidyn
    Meredith's Inn
    Kale

Coelnar watched the proceedings, with a slightly concerned smile. "Honestly." he said, after Artus had walked out, "Would it be so difficult for you lot to get along, for once? This really won't help when we get to Galvez, you know." he shook his head slowly, casting a pointed look at Keres. "And as for how we go to Galvez, it would seem it's already been decided, hasn't it. Though we'd do well to avoid getting carried away when we get there, okay?" there was no mistaking who that last part was directed at. "Of course, I've told you I can use magic already, and I imagine you've all figured out what I use to fight." He said, gesturing to his axe. "The only problem is, my axe may be powerful, but I cant attack too quickly, of course. My specialty is Light based magic, and given a bit of time, I can heal most injuries."

He sat back, his little speech over, and looked around the table. To be honest, he wasn't too surprised by the power Keres controlled. It seemed.. Rather fitting, more so every time he thought about it. Coelnar had read about revenants once or twice in the village, and if the information was to be believed, only Light magic could kill one, or the will of its creator, which meant he might have to stop Keres if he got out of hand. Yay. Keeping Keres in hand? One duty I didn't want. Coelnar shrugged, and stood up. "In any case, I think I'll be going outside. There's no sense in hanging around here any longer than we have to, and I don't feel like sorting out any more of your petty squabbling." he said, picking up his axe, and heading out of the door. He gave a nod to Artus as he headed out. I was going to find some leather for a sheath, but somehow I don't think the tanner's shop'll be open. he thought, as he looked around the square, which was just as deserted as the day before.

My fave Pokemon ^.^

((OOC: Yaaay, someone’s applied for a spot!))

Meredith’s Inn
    Kale
    Asher Ikakois

Asher awoke to the side of him farthest away from the wall becoming warming than the rest of. The sun had made a bit of progress across the sky already, but his head and front had been shaded by the wall. His nose was barely peeking out from the blankets; he had fallen asleep with his head under the covers. He brushed the blankets off of himself, swung himself over the edge of the bed and blinked a few times. He was still slightly tired, but he knew that the majority of the group would be awake by now, so he had to make haste. He quickly changed into his clothes from the previous day, regretting that they had not been washed.

After folding the clothes that he had slept in, Asher picked up his bag and headed for the door. He took quick steps down the stairs and was greeted by a waitress.

“Would you like breakfast?” she inquired, and motioned him toward the table where Keres, Natalia, and Coelnar awaited. Asher nodded his head, but not empathetically, but enough so that she could understand that he was in agreement with the breakfast plan. He had not eaten true food for nearly a week now, and had used some magic to restore his body and obtain energy. If he was to embark upon this journey, then conserving his magic was imperative.

Keres looked smug, Natalia irritated, and Coelnar calm. The construct could not determine what Ethan was feeling, but he supposed that might be for the best as that person…might have impure or ulterior motives. Asher immediately drew up a chair and sat down between Natalia and Keres in the event of a violent outburst from either. He was entirely clueless as to why, but he concluded that Keres was the cause of it. He looked at the space on the table in the middle of Keres and Natalia, and then realized something. He had pulled up a chair and forgotten to take even a small plate of food. He looked down at his lap as if to apologize, strung his bag around the back of his chair, and went to take a sizeable bowl of oatmeal. He hurried back to the table, but not much had happened – everyone seemed to be eating their food without comment.

He looked around and did not see Artus; there had to be a reason that Keres was nearly grinning. ’Did he vex Artus? His would personality create friction with most people,’ Asher thought, unsure of what to do. ’Oh. I have not thought of one thing – what if Keres took advantage of the darkness of the night and murdered Artus while I was asleep? He set his spoon next to his bowl of oatmeal, turned his torso halfway around in his chair, and fished out his lump of metal from his bag.

Turning back to the group, Asher held the metal in such a manner that everyone at the table could see and etched upon it with magic, “I shall search for Artus.” He had had hesitation about even that simple sentence; he did not know how the others would react; he was taking a gamble.

Coelnar interrupted his departure by saying, “"Honestly. Would it be so difficult for you lot to get along, for once? This really won't help when we get to Galvez, you know." The axeman shook his head in disapproval, for what Asher could only guess. "And as for how we go to Galvez, it would seem it's already been decided, hasn't it. Though we'd do well to avoid getting carried away when we get there, okay.” He had cast a glance at Keres, so Asher determined that the necromancer had done something foolish yet again. "Of course, I've told you I can use magic already, and I imagine you've all figured out what I use to fight. The only problem is, my axe may be powerful, but I can’t attack too quickly, of course,” he said and then took a breath in the short pause, “My specialty is Light based magic, and given a bit of time, I can heal most injuries."

Asher nodded and quickly the changed the message on the metal to say, “I am also able to cast a recovery spell, but it applies only to my body.” The sentence was structured strangely, and Asher was aware of that, yet it was the most exact explanation that he had. He felt that he had said too much already, for sounding selfish like that would only bring him trouble. Why mention that he could heal, if it only affected his own body? He felt foolish for relating that information, but it was important that he do so – Coelnar could end up wasting his mana healing him when the others had no healing spell.

Coelnar said, “In any case, I think I'll be going outside. There's no sense in hanging around here any longer than we have to, and I don't feel like sorting out any more of your petty squabbling.” That confirmed utterly Asher’s suspicions that Keres had begun a small verbal fight. The axe-wielder headed out of the inn.

Asher was unsure of what to do now that Coelnar had said that he was headed outside. The construct had declared that his intention was to find Artus, but the others might find that suspicious now that Coelnar was to do something in the same vein. Asher stood up, pushing his chair backwards at the same time. It nearly tipped over and he caught it before it could crash down. He carefully removed his bag from the chair and left the inn.

He found Artus mulling about outside the inn while staring intently at the map. He had surely taken it from Keres; he knew that there a reason for the conflict. The map was a constant problem, perhaps it would be best if he took it into his care, but he would not force it from Artus’ hands. Artus seemed to concentrate on a certain place on the map where it was darker than the rest.

’How am I to approach him?’ Asher asked him, having not taken this into consideration before. ’He knows that I am a companion of Keres, and, having had a spat, how will he react…?’ He simply stood behind Artus and awaited the time when he would notice him.

((OOC:…Asher the creeper…?))
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

Ethan Daggett
    Meredith’s Inn
    Kale

Coelnar made the suggestion of getting captured on purpose. It was brought up however that their weapons would definitely be taken away, and that magic would be the only way out. Ethan didn’t like it.
    “Speaking of which, can any of you use magic, though?” Coelnar asked. Coelnar, Artus and Keres revealed that they could use some magic. It sounded a lot more impressive than Ethan’s.
    “I can do some basic wind magic” Ethan explained “But I’m more of a weapons guy, personally”
    Artus seemed to be agreeing with Ethan’s idea, Natalia jumped into the conversation.
    “Well, I think it would be best to combine Eth’s idea with mine, considering, they are both based on travelling along the same river. We could go by boat at first to save time and strength, but do the last mile or so on foot to avoid detection.” She said. Ethan hated to say it, but she was right.
    “If we can get a hold of a boat,” Ethan said “I’ve got plenty experience of experience with bigger vessels on the ocean, I should be able to man a smaller boat, no problem. We’ll just need to know when to get off, it’ll need to be well before we can be seen.”

Natalia then asked about fighting styles. Ethan unholstered his gun and unsheathed his cutlass. He placed the pair of weapons on the table.
    “I use a cutlass and flintlock combo.” He said “A bit of wind magic here and there, works well with the flintlock to blow some heads off.”

Soon enough, Artus began to get irritated with Keres, a fight seemed to be brewing. Ethan sat back and watched.
    “And you know, we can’t just barge in there, idiot. We’re not gonna be able to kill an entire army of prison wardens, retard. And I doubt your skinnyass will be able to do anything either.” There was a brief pause. Ethan chuckled slightly under his breath, though the others may not have heard him. Artus then apparently noticed a map that Keres had kept to himself, Artus snatched the map out of Keres’ robes and stormed out the door.
    “Screw this sh*t. Come outside when you guys are ready.”

Coelnar then came downstairs. Though his visit was brief. He didn’t seem keen on sticking around to see a possible fight unfold. He went outside to greet Artus.

Asher soon followed Coelnar. This was the silent one that had accompanied Keres. Ethan wondered if he was as eager to kill as crystal-orb-boy. Asher did not talk. He held up a strip of metal that read
    “I shall search for Artus.” The inscription upon the metal then changed to explain Asher’s magical abilities. Asher also didn’t stick around for long. He left the inn to join Artus and Coelnar outside.

“Well, I guess I’ll head outside too” Ethan said as put his weapons back in their sheath and holster. Ethan downed his rum and tossed the keys to the inn-keeper, to Ethan’s surprise she caught them. “You two have fun.” He said as he left Natalia and Keres on their own.

Ethen emerged from the inn. It was still pretty empty outside. He saw Artus mulling over Keres’ map, with Asher standing slightly creepily behind him. Ethan looked at the pair for a moment.
    “So you just gonna stand there and watch ‘im?” Ethan said, slightly making fun of Asher. Ethan then noticed Coelnar standing in the middle of the square; he seemed to be looking around for something.

Ethan peeked his nose over Artus’ map slightly.
    “See any decent routes?” Ethan asked.

Keres Adrastea
    Meredith's inn

Artus ended up going outside. He was cute whenh e was mad, and Keres enjoyed watching him conflicted. Was this a man worthy of Keres respect? "Hmpfh.. No" He said. "I'll be going outside now" he then said to the others inside. "Don't take too long, Nat." he said and blinked to Natalia. He went out to where Artus was standing. he had at some point obtained Keres' map, and he was inspecting it, figuring where they would go next. Ethan and Asher was out there as well. Keres snuk up behind them and just stood there with his orb, overhearing what they were talking about. It was morning outside, and the sun had started rising in the horizon. there was no one else outside but the small group

“So you just gonna stand there and watch ‘im?” Ethan said to Asher, who was standing behind Artus. Ethan obviously didn't notice Keres behind him.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast