Thread: New faces In Old Places

Default New faces In Old Places

Yes the title is strange but this is what I propose a question as. When you've played a certain pokemon game enough do you trade over different pokemon or stick with in game pokemon from the start of your journey?I usually like to bring new pokemon in by breeding then trading them over after I've beaten the first gym. I feel like it gives the game new opportunities and challenge. So does anyone else trade over pokemon to a fresh new journey on their game ,and if so why?
    Gaming is not always about the victory and the conquest of your foes. Enjoy the journey for what it is. It all pays off in the end

My level 100 dream team

[img]http://oi44.*******.com/107s2vk.jpg[/img]

Hey do you like manga? If you do check out my collaboration with orochi of my story Blood Type P . Just click on the link below
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0-Blood-Type-P
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2uhy7m9.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/24fhc3d.gif[/IMG]

the first time i play a game i use pokes from that game but after that i always trade in after the first badge. i find it more fun alot of the trime to use pokes i love or ones ive always wanted to try bnut never have. it just gives a better oppurtunity to have a god team. though i always make teams with all physical weepers cause they are my favs lol
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I usually use my newly caught guys through the main story, and send my originals post game.

I use the in-games only.
    I at least do that the first time through, then after beating the whole thing once, I restart and bring in others.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

I always like to trade after the main game in order to start filling up the pokedex. Plus, pokemon from older generations could be sent over to breed for better moves. I liked breeding the status-inflicting fang moves (thunder fang, fire fang) of the 4th gen onto 3rd gen pokemon, and male pokemon caught at high levels in the later games could breed great moves onto older pokemon (like dugtrios with fissure). Plus, I like to keep my legendaries and shinies in one place so they're not scattered over several games. Almost all my shinies and legendaries are in Platinum and White (with the exceptions of the event shiny pichu, which is staying in HeartGold and SoulSilver no matter how many times I restart the games).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    I usually use my newly caught guys through the main story, and send my originals post game.
    This basically. I really wish there was a way to transfer Pokemon from old games to new ones though. It would be awesome to be able to battle with my original Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow in Black 2.
    My shiny Pokemon:
    111 eggs (Also my 649th Pokemon) 194 eggs

I only use what I can catch in-game, transferring my old teams over post-game for the sake of keeping them with me. I think I still have my original Swampert from the first time I played Ruby lying in a box somewhere, in fact.

I do, however, try and use as many Pokemon as possible that I've never trained before. This is actually proving annoying right now, as I'm currently playing B2/W2 for the first time, and I actually caught a Modest Magnemite. Temptations...
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

I always want a new challenge when I restart a pokemon games.

I use what I catch in game up to the Elite 4/Champion. Once I beat them I start migrating my Pokemon from older games in to use freely.

I always do. I still have my whole team from my pokemon diamond in white 2. My main pokemon, torterra and electivire, I use a lot (also my favorite two).
    BUDDER + TORTERRAS = AWESOMENESS

My shinies:
    Gyrados not from Lake of Rage!

BIDOOF PARTAY!!!!

Also X and Y is Kewl. TEAM FLOWERHEAD FTW (Mega Venusaur) :3

I used to use the pokemon I could catch during the game, but this time with my Black 2 game, I decided to breed my Hoenn team, trade them over to Black 2 and use them through the game story. It's good for variation. x'D

I usually Play the game with the ingame Pokemon until after i beat it then send over/find My Fav's and cont. the game with thoughs meanwhile lvling/training new pokemon so i usually have a large team...i swich out somtimes usually when online battling
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

I did this once with White 2 because I wanted a Golurk earlier in the game than Victory Road, so I traded for a Golett right after the 3rd gym and trained it as normal. I usually only use in-games though until the post-game just to make that game experience stand out from each of the others.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

I stick to my In-Game Pokemon until Postgame.

However, whenever I have enough Pokemon, I start trading with other people through GTS Negotiations.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Before I beat the league, I use what's obtainable in-game. Once I get to post-game however, I swap some of my Pokémon for the ones I'm bringing in from my other games.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I just trade a team in. As ingame became less and less fun I became less and less motivated to go catch and train Pokemon especially when I can just trade in the ones I want. Also there is Pokegen and stuff now to so you can even get good EVs to ah....haha...Yeah I am lazy
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I trade my pokes to get more experience. In emerald at least.
    "If you're not going to lie, at least tell the truth."

If it is a new generation game, I will use only new in-game pokemon, but if it is the second installment or the remake, I usually trade over some pokemon (usually shinies) from other games to use in my team.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I beat the game using my in-game team, then trade over my originals.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.