Thread: Community POTW #120

Default Community POTW #120

Time for the next Pokémon of the Week, this time with a Unova Pokémon that is beloved by many

It's the Normal/Flying-type Pokémon, Braviary. It has a decent ability, stats and movepool so is typically an often used Flying-type

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/628.shtml

Go nuts

Ability: Sheer Force
    Item: Life Orb
    Moves: Heat Wave, Rock Slide, Crush Claw, Air Slash
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

Braviary@ Choice Scarf
    Adamant/Jolly
    Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
    Brave Bird
    Superpower
    Rock Slide
    U-Turn

Item: Choice Scarf
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Ability: Defiant
    Moveset:
    - Return
    - Brave Bird
    - U-Turn
    - Rock Slide

Most people would expect Sheer force, Defiant could catch Salamence or Gyarados by surprise. Then Rock Slide would destroy them. U-Turn is quite handy for a revenge kill then the other 2 moves for the STAB.
    I like a good fight, and I NEVER turn off the power when I'm about to lose a battle. Because of others doing this, and me not turning off, my record does not look how it should. It's shame that the pokemon world allows these cowards to escape a loss.

If more people don't do this, then pokemon battling will become more fair and fun.

If anyone wants to battle, I'm up for it. My Immence Salamences need their training.

Braviary@ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    Defiant
    EVs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
    Brave Bird
    Superpower
    Return
    U-Turn

Brave Bird + Superpower gets nearly unresisted coverage. (Only resisted by Rotom, and Electric/Flying Dual types. The latter two are hit neutrally by Return.) U-Turn lets you GTFO when you anticipate danger. This set is meant to be a revenge killer, with it's high attack and average speed. A Choice Band can work, but Staraptor has better Speed, and can pull that off better.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 14th April 2013 at 1:36 PM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

BRAVIARYYYYYY *SCREAMS*

I love Braviary, it's awesome. Here's my favourite set:

Braviary @ Life Orb
    Trait: Defiant / Sheer Force
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Return / Rock Slide
    - Superpower
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost

LO Set. If you take SR damage, roost it off. If you take BB recoil, roost it off. Superpower nails steel type, while Return is STAB. I personally prefer Rock Slide, due to its ability to hit certain Pokemon without recoil from LO. If you want to run Rock Slide, get Sheer Force instead. Tbh, no Intimidate users will be stupid enough to switch into a Defiant Pokemon, but the world is surprising...

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Braviary will never achieve the success of Staraptor.
    Braviary has a nice movepool and two pretty good abilities in Sheer Force and Defiant. His stats are not bad. Thing is, Staraptor is just plain better. Simple as that.

Red, White and Blue is for America!! Or is that France?
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 attack and speed, 4 hp
    @: Life Orb

Brave Bird
    Superpower
    Roost
    U-Turn

If only Superpower were Close Combat instead. But no, Braviary got Superpower.
    I claim Buizel.

THE BULKING UP BIRD
    Braviary @ Leftovers
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe or 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
    Nature: Adamant / Careful
    - Bulk Up
    - Substitute / Rock Slide
    - Roost
    - Return / Brave Bird

This set is awesome because nobody expects it. It can obtain a free bulk up as your opponent's grass-type or bug-type flees. It can use a 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe if you want your Braviary to be both bulky and powerful or a 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe to gain Bulk Ups easier. Roost is absolutely necesary to keep your Braviary alive.

Braviary. A great pokemon cursed by trollfreak to evolve so late. Outside White 2, it isn't going to get much use because of how sucky Rufflet is. Ah well.

Keen Eye: Accuracy can't be lowered. A mediocre ability thanks to the sheer rairty of accuracy lowering moves in competitive.
    Sheer Force: 33% boost to moves with a secondary effect. A great ability normally but its boosts rarely apply to Braviary's moves. Crush Claw is boosted, but it's still slightly weaker and less accurate than Return anyway.
    Defiant: Any stat reduction is met with +2 attack. A wonderful ability, as any random stat drops that may occur via Psychic or something give you a free Swords Dance. It also completely nullifies Intimidate, actually reversing the effect. Braviary's best ability.

Braviary@Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    Defiant
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    -Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -U-turn
    -Return

Braviary is a great example of how the tier list can let other pokemon shine. It's one of the most powerful pokemon in NU with access to perfect coverage and is basically the envy of all Normal/Flying types not called Staraptor.
    Brave Bird everything. If it wasn't a generation too late this could've ended up as a signature move. With the added speed from Scarf you'll be able to revenge kill faster threats like Tauros.
    Superpower was a blessing. In fact, any decent fighting move is a blessing for a flying type, be it Close Combat, Aura Sphere or whatever. It allows Braviary to power its way through Rock and Steel types, and give it perfect coverage bar Rotom, Zapdos and Thundurus.

U-turn is for scouting, in typical Scarfer fashion. Return rounds up for some nice neutral coverage, and a recoilless alternative to Brave Bird.

Counters
    Alomomola is the closest thing you're getting to a Counter. It can take anything apart from a banded Brave Bird(but who can without a resistance). It can then poison it and stall out with Wish, Protect and Regenrator.
    If you're facing a Choice set, my only advice is get something that can take a Brave Bird like Regirock and get something that can handle Superpower like Musharna. Try and predict which it attack it will use. Stealth Rock(courtesy of your Rock or Steel type) is always a good idea to wear it down.
    If you face a Bulk Up or Life Orb Braviary...yeah I've got nothing. Try and force a switch to rack up Stealth Rock damage and then pick it off with a powerful priority user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Braviary. I love this thing. HP is at the 101-Substitute level, Base 123 Attack is slightly more than godly, Base 75 defenses are only slightly below Average, Base 80 Speed is bare-minimum for me to use exclusively as a Non-Trick Room Pokemon, Sheer Force and Defiant are incredible Abilities (especially since many of Braviary's Moves have added effects and Intimidate is so prevalent, respectively), and a great Physical Movepool for that yummy Attack stat to use. Tack on the fact you've got a Normal-Flying Dual-Type Pokemon with access to Fighting- and Rock-Type Moves and you've got most of your Weaknesses covered - Electric is the only straight-up Mono-Type with STAB on Braviary's Weaknesses that it cannot get a Super-Effective hit on.

Taking it down, however, is as simple as it is to use Braviary. Outrunning it and hammering its Weaknesses is a straight-up strategy, but you do risk getting clobbered when trying to get a potential-counter into Braviary with that huge Attack, especially when that Attack is boosted by Sheer Force+Life Orb or Defiant buffs.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Braviary, a new pokemon that is added to the extensive normal/flying type family. With decent defences, good hp and a high attack, in theory, Braviary is a good pokemon to use. However, it is held back by it's sub-decent speed, and his defences aren't as great as most other pokemon either. With most Rain teams taking advantage of thunder, sandstorm teams taking advantage of stealth rock and sun teams taking advantage of fire types commonly with high special attack; Braviary doesn't survive well enough in the metagame's new popularity rise in weather teams. But with Choice Scarf and Choice Band to boost his stats, Braviary can become a huge offensive threat in the UU tier, if played correctly.

I'll Hold On To The Wings Of Eagles!

~ Brave Bird
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Rock Slide / Return
    ~ U-turn

Adamant/Jolly Nature with Choice Scarf and Defiant. 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe.

After quoting Nickeback there, we find Braviary's best set; with a Choice Scarf, he outspeeds the majority of Pokemon in the UU tier, as long as they don't carry a Choice Scarf themselves. This makes Braviary a great revenge killer. Brave Bird is the most used move here, a hard-hitting reliable move with STAB, though a nasty recoil. Superpower complements Brave Bird, as it covers Rock- and Steel-type Pokemon that resist the Brave Bird. Rock Slide devastates Zapdos, which resists Braviary's other moves, hard, and hits Fire-types without causing Braviary to take any recoil damage. It hits Rotom-H harder than Brave Bird and Superpower, and has no recoil either. Return is a reliable, and safer, secondary STAB, hitting harder than a neutral Rock Slide. U-turn is mostly used for scouting and setting up for revenge killing, although it does hit Shaymin and Roserade for decent damage, with the former being able to survive one Brave Bird.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Braviary Bird Everything!!
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Band
    Moveset:
    - Return
    - Brave Bird
    - U-Turn
    - Superpower

My personal favourite moveset in White version. A common one as well but i will talk about the other things you can change around with this moveset.

Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Defiant/Sheer Force
    Moveset:
    - Return/Retaliate
    - Brave Bird
    - U-Turn/Shadow Claw/ Rock Slide
    - Superpower/Shadow Claw/Rock Slide

Now with a base 80 speed, you could call it decent, but remember how this makes it slower than a Jynx. Sure it can out speed some, but i feel the need for it to be Jolly natured just to be sure. Return is for STAB, but Retaliate can help you revenge kill, therefore the need of the Choice Scarf. Brave Bird is a no brainer, unless you want to be a Doduo and just Pluck everything (don't actually use Pluck). The next options are up to you, although the real choice is between U-Turn, Rock Slide and Superpower. U-Turn is for scouting and can be used for either ability. Rock Slide can replace either U-turn or Superpower, and used with Sheer Force. Superpower is for Defiant when facing either Tauros, Stantler or Stoutland, as you can +2 Super effectively kill them off. Shadow Claw should not really be used as you don't get Sheer Force boost, and you should be Brave Birding ghosts anyway (unless you want to save health).

Living the American Dream!
    Item: Leftover/Life Orb
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: I don't know my EVs well enough to put stuff here
    Moveset:
    - Brave Bird
    - Bulk Up
    - Roost
    - Return/Superpower/Substitute

This moveset depends mostly on whether you want to favour stronger hits on the opponent or the conservation of HP.
    Strong hits: Use life orb to boost attacks' powers while Bulking Up for more strength. Roost regains HP lost from Life Orb and/or Brave Bird while you can use Return for dual STABs or Superpower for coverage. Using Superpower means you will have to use turns Bulking up more often.
    Health: Use leftovers, while bulking up and using substitutes, you can roost up to regain HP lost from subs or Brave Bird. This means u sacrifice coverage

Hope this helps, sorry for longness!

I need people for Friend Safari
    2DS friend code (Pokemon Y): 5000-2976-5362
    Send a private message my way if you add me.

Spoiler:- Previous In-Game Teams:

Sheer Force/Defiant w/ Muscle Band/Life Orb/White Herb
    Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 130 Speed, 130 HP
    Crush Claw/Thrash/Slash/Facade
    Aerial Ace/Brave Bird
    Superpower
    Hone Claws/Bulk Up/Shadow Claw/Rock Slide/U-Turn

Partners
    Helping Hand-users
    Reflect/Light Screen-users
    Follow Me-users

Countering
    High Defense pokemon with Rock/Electric/Ice-type moves like Dusknoir, Metagross, Gliscor, Crustle, Hippowdon, Frost Rotom, Sniper Drapion, Feraligatr, Gorebyss, or Huntail.
    Other pokemon includes Cofagrigus, Flame Body Chandelure, and Static Stinfisk.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Ah, Braviary, one of my personal favorites of this generation, possibly my top favorite of this generation. Cool design, good (enough) movepool, and an awesome ability in Defiant. Keen Eye is okay...I just don't know how much use you'll get out of it. Sheer Force is good in theory; problem is, Braviary gets all of 1, I'll be nice and say 2 attacks that get the boost. My opinion, leave Sheer Force to someone who can abuse it like the Nido-duo.

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming.
    -Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Shadow Claw/Rock Slide
    -Return
    Item Attached: Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Band
    EV's and Nature: 252 Attack/252 Speed/ 4HP. Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack)/Jolly (+ Speed, - Special Attack)

Okay, attacks are fairly self explanatory. Brave Bird for primary STAB; recoil is gonna hurt but Flying lacks any other options for Physical attacks unless you're Scyther. Return is almost as good, just a bit weaker without recoil. Superpower is something Braviary gets that few other Flying types (Dragonite, Honckrow, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus) get; do note that 3 on that list are Legendaries while the other is a viable Salamence replacement. It's a near-guaranteed OHKO on anything weak to it; even something of reasonable bulk like Hydreigon better think twice before staying in. 5 PP and a cut to the user's Attack and Defense means that you better save Superpower for emergencies. The final attack is for filler; Rock Slide hits other birds and is likewise thinly spread among Flying types while Shadow Claw has perfect coverage with Superpower and is also shared by few other Flying types.
    Defiant is used because you won't get any milage out of Sheer Force and you'll want insurance against Intimidate more than protection against Flash.
    EV's are for max Speed and Attack, leftovers wherever. Item depends on what you want; power & the ability to switch attacks, more Speed, or more Attack.
    Natures because what else would you use on a physical sweeper? Maybe Brave if you are trying Braviary on a Trick Room team, but even with no EVs in Speed and a low Speed IV, there are better choices for a Trick Room team.

On a final note, by LC standards is Rufflet really, as someone described it above me, 'sucky'? 83 Base Attack and 60 Base Speed, Hustle (Keen Eye and Sheer Force suffer the same problems on Rufflet as on Braviary), and access to Shadow Claw, Rock Slide & Superpower all look good so just how viable is it?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

-Take up thy cross and follow Christ Jesus.
    ~Don't underestimate my God~
    ♥I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.♥

I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar, "I don't use "uber" Pokemon," edited out by me because I do use "uber" Pokemon on occasion.)

Overview:

Braviary is one of the better Normal/Flying types in Pokemon, and it's not because it's an eagle and makes us think of the United States. He has the raw power he needs to be useful, as base 123 Attack is quite good, plus he has several boosting moves. His movepool, while not perfect, is actually good enough to cover what he needs to. Defensively, 100/75/75 is not terrible by any means. What it comes down to is that Braviary's Speed, a base 80, is good but not good enough to work without a boost in some cases. His typing also brings the always unfortunate weakness to Stealth Rock, which hurts his ability to continuously switch in. Fianlly, his abilities are not the greatest, although his Dream World ability is usable and quite good. Overall, while Braviary might not be a top-tier Pokemon, it is nothing to brush off, as a well-played Braviary can and will cause problems for the opposition.

Abilities:
    Keen Eye: Prevent's Braviary's accuracy from being lowered by the opponent. Don't use this. Competitive players do not run Sand Attack.
    Sheer Force: Boosts the power of moves that have secondary effects by 33% while losing the secondary effects. Also prevents Life Orb recoil when using those moves. A good ability, but Braviary's movepool does not really jive with this ability. There are a couple options, though.
    Defiant: Anytime one of Braviary's stats drop due to an opponent, it's Attack is raised by two stages. This is Braviary's best choice, as this turns random stat drops into a nice boost.

Sets:

Fast-paced or Super Strong USA
    -Brave Bird
    -Return
    -U-Turn
    -Superpower
    Item: Choice Scarf/ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed

This set turns Braviary into a hit-and-run sweeper. Brave Bird and Return are Braviary's Same-Type moves, and they hit quite hard with decent coverage. U-Turn is perfect for Choice-itemed Pokemon, allowing Braviary to escape and keep the offensive momentum going. Superpower is the final move, as it gives great coverage to take on Steel and Rock-types that would wall Braviary otherwise. The stat drops from Superpower aren't an issue anyways, since he will be switching a lot.

The nature and EVs are quite simple. The Jolly nature boosts Braviary's Speed, while the Evs max out Braviary's Attack and Speed while dumping the extra into Defense to give Braviary and odd HP stat, which gives him an extra chance to switch in.

Life Orb
    -Brave Bird
    -Return
    -Superpower
    -Roost
    Item: Life Orb
    EVs:80 HP, 252 Attack, 176 Speed

This set is more about versatility than sheer power. The moves are basically the same, only Roost is used instead of U-Turn to allow Braviary to heal itself, which is important considering Life Orb recoil plus potential Stealth Rock would wear down Braviary otherwise. The nature is the same, but the EVs are adjusted to give Braviary just enough Speed while giving him extra bulk.

Other Options:
    -Bulk Up and Hone Claws are two boosting moves Braviary can use.
    -Rock Slide is a good move, but Braviary has choices already.
    -Shadow Claw can be good against Psychic and Ghost-types, but it's not really that worth it.

Counters:
    Physical walls can block Braviary, but they need to watch out for certain moves. Regirock and other Rock-types can take everything minus Superpower, while Tangela can takes everything except U-turn and Brave Bird. Alomomola is one of the best walls since it isn't weak to any of Braviary's moves, plus it can attempt to cripple Braviary with Scald or Toxic. Priority users like Zangoose can also hit Braviary before he can strike, which helps since Braviary is not that bulky. Overall, Braviary is one Pokemon that isn't impossible to beat, but a lot of caution must be exercised when fighting him.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

i like to use sub bulk up braviary in nu. it used to be really good, and people even wanted it banned for that set. it's not quite as good now, especially since it has a hard time setting up on all of the drops, scolipede with rock slide, jynx, primape, and munchlax.

braviary, leftovers
    careful, 252 hp, 192 spdef, 64 speed
    defiant
    -bulk up
    -substitute
    -brave bird
    -roost

it used to be great against bulky teams because they had a hard time breaking through its substitutes once it had a few bulk up boosts. it's still good now, but you have to be careful when you use it and make sure your opponent doesnt have something that they can switch in really easily and check you with.

also, i wish sky attack didn't have a charge turn, because sheer force would give it about 182 base power and it would still have a high critical hit ratio so braviary would do tons of damage. a adamant choice band braviary's sky attack would do 51.37 - 60.71% damage to a golem with max hp!
    it's not that i have bad grammar, it's just that the shift keys on my laptop don't always work, so it's easier to just not capitalize stuff. sorry if that makes my posts hard to read.

Braviary was once thought (by me) to be the best normal/flying type pokemon removing staraptor from it's throne... It had a great attack, better defenses and a fighting type physical move to help it muscle through rock and steel types. But, braviary turned out to be one of the best but not the best... The only thing that let braviary down was it's speed... For me braviary's speed is in an unfortunate speed zone from 65 to 85 that are neither good in trick room or outside leaving a lot of pokemon outspeeding it in both circumstances. With mediocre defeses, it won't be lasting long... Bulk up can raise this pokemon's defense making it somewhat bulky physically while raising it's attack to very good levels. Choice scarf can ideally be used on braviary to revenge kill frail or weakened pokemon. Choice band give braviary a huge attack.

Braviary has 1 bad ability, 1 situational ability, and one good but waisted ability. Keen eye is useless, defiant depends on a random stat drop or intimidate pokemon and sheer force powers up moves with secondary effects which braviary sadly lacks. The best one is defiant... an attack boost is always welcomed!

Braviary needed more speed to shine... It is one of the best normal/flying types but sadly it's playing in NU... There, it can be a monster in the right hands. I never used a braviary and I never had a hard time getting through it... My raichu almost always OHKO with thunderbolt after a boost from lightningrod or nasty plot!

Braviary
    Jolly
    Defiant
    252/252 Spd + atk 4 HP
    Choice Band/Scarf
    Brave Bird
    Rock Slide
    U-turn
    Superpower
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Rufflet
    Sheer force/hustle
    life orb/choice scarf
    Rock slide
    Pluck/aerial ace
    u-turn/heat wave/toxic
    return

Braviary (for some reason i always preferred the name wargle)
    Sheer force/defiant
    Life orb/choice scarf
    Rock slide
    Brave bird
    Return/shadow claw
    superpower

Yes! one of my favourites is up.

Braviary is so cool looking. He's easily my favourite Normal/Flying type based entirely on that. (Because why else would anyone use any Pokemon?)

Stats be darned! I'm using Braviary!

Triple Battles set
    Braviary - Paladin
    Moves: Tailwind, Rock Slide, Sky Drop, Superpower
    Ability: Sheer Force/Defiant
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: White Herb/Leftovers/Focus Sash/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

I'm sure there are other Pokemon that can do this better. But I'm sure I don't care. Sheer Force allows an extra boost to Rock Slide and nullifies Life Orb recoil, but Defiant can punish Intimidate/Growl/Tailwhip users.

Tailwind boosts everybody's speed at the start of the match. Then you can Rock Slide the competition or Sky Drop to temporarily eliminate a threat. Superpower is there to hopefully knock out whatever's unlucky enough to have it aimed at them.
    The only real Persian is a shiny Persian.

Platinum Friend Code: 2149-9791-3574
    White Friend Code: 5029-3447-3273

other options

i put these up for the other options they've either not been mentioned or not mentioned very much. Mostly just because this week seems somewhat threadbare.
    Toxic-While a good status to inflict breviary is better off pure attacking
    Sky Attack-generally inferior to brave bird. Though it would be a powerful hit. does get STAB
    Hone claws-Braviary rarely has time for this but I suppose it could be useful
    Giga impact- 1 power attack but you probably won’t last the turn afterward. I guess you could use it as a move of last resort when you now it won’t survive but I wouldn't recommend it. Does get stab
    Thrash-powerful but with obvious downside. Does get STAB
    Facade- Braviary doesn't get hit with enough status to be of much use but it does get STAB and could have some use i guess
    Retaliate-potentially useful depending on how it is used but it does get STAB
    Attract- I suppose you could use this as a joke. Male only species flirting but not really useful
    Swagger- not the best option for Braviary but it is an option

Quote Originally Posted by Rayofquazar View Post
    Braviary was once thought (by me) to be the best normal/flying type pokemon removing staraptor from it's throne... It had a great attack, better defenses and a fighting type physical move to help it muscle through rock and steel types. But, braviary turned out to be one of the best but not the best... The only thing that let braviary down was it's speed... For me braviary's speed is in an unfortunate speed zone from 65 to 85 that are neither good in trick room or outside leaving a lot of pokemon outspeeding it in both circumstances. With mediocre defeses, it won't be lasting long... Bulk up can raise this pokemon's defense making it somewhat bulky physically while raising it's attack to very good levels. Choice scarf can ideally be used on braviary to revenge kill frail or weakened pokemon. Choice band give braviary a huge attack.

Braviary has 1 bad ability, 1 situational ability, and one good but waisted ability. Keen eye is useless, defiant depends on a random stat drop or intimidate pokemon and sheer force powers up moves with secondary effects which braviary sadly lacks. The best one is defiant... an attack boost is always welcomed!

Braviary needed more speed to shine... It is one of the best normal/flying types but sadly it's playing in NU... There, it can be a monster in the right hands. I never used a braviary and I never had a hard time getting through it... My raichu almost always OHKO with thunderbolt after a boost from lightningrod or nasty plot!
    I love the way you think on Trick Room VS Non-Trick Room Speed. I've always had it at 51-79 for that Unfortunate Speed Zone by my experiences, but there isn't too much you can really do up to 90 either. Braviary's Speed is the major drawback of what's otherwise an awesome Pokemon. I actually used one in Black 2 and White 2 once I had access to trades. I prefer the Sheer Force route for most in-game stuff, but Defiant definitely has its uses in Competitive where Intimidate is more prevalent. The ease of access to Defiant Braviary in White 2 early-on is a blessing. The only issue I have is Life Orb + Sheer Force is a very tempting option over Defiant in some cases...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Just some more bad puns:
    Land of the Free and home of the Braviary
    He's a little Rufflet around the edges