Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suisei no Gargantia

Post Suisei no Gargantia

The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Redo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Redo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Redo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Redo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him.

We might be just two episodes in, but I find that this series deserves a thread of its own, especially since it's written by Urobutcher. So, what do you guys think of it so far? I think that the animation is absolutely beautiful and the characters are all really neat so far.

....and now, her story begins.

Everyone should watch this animu.

Ika-musume voices the girl on the forefront of the poster.

My only opinion of the show so far is that Amy seems like an awesome character.

I'm just going to leave CC#06's sig here.

My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Gargantia is probably my favourite new series this season. Took me completely by surprise. I thought it would just be like getting into Psycho-Pass again. A good show with decent animation but I wouldn't get too attached to it. Man was I wrong. Everything from the character designs to the backgrounds I'm in love with. Those looks gorgeous. The animation is great, and best of all it's really well written sci-fi. So far it's got this immediate grip on me which most series can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I'm just going to leave CC#06's sig here.
    Woot.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Gargantia is probably my favourite new series this season. Took me completely by surprise. I thought it would just be like getting into Psycho-Pass again. A good show with decent animation but I wouldn't get too attached to it. Man was I wrong. Everything from the character designs to the backgrounds I'm in love with. Those looks gorgeous. The animation is great, and best of all it's really well written sci-fi. So far it's got this immediate grip on me which most series can't do.

Woot.
    I do think this has better artwork and a better plot when compared to PSYCHOPass.

Makes me wish this was 22 eps and Psycho only 12. At least 8 eps of Psychopass could be cut with few losses or changes to the plot.

This is a beautiful show. If Ledo's heart isn't melted by Amy's spunk, surely it will be by the flooded Earth's splendour.

Chamber's attack was chilling. I didn't expect it to be so clean, so effortless. Ledo's probably scared his hosts witless.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    This is a beautiful show. If Ledo's heart isn't melted by Amy's spunk, surely it will be by the flooded Earth's splendour.

Chamber's attack was chilling. I didn't expect it to be so clean, so effortless. Ledo's probably scared his hosts witless.
    One has to wonder if it is a real language being used when the gibberish is uttered....?

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    One has to wonder if it is a real language being used when the gibberish is uttered....?
    If it is, it's not any language I've ever heard. But I would guess that it isn't, just to add to the otherworldly feel.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Four episodes in and this anime has yet to let me down.

Hopefully Urobuchi doesn't urobutchers this up. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Hopefully Urobuchi doesn't urobutchers this up. xD
    Urobuchi said in an interview that he wanted to get away from what people are more used to from stuff he writes, so I'd say we shouldn't be expecting any sudden deaths for main characters.... Unless he wants us to think they're all safe?
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Urobuchi said in an interview that he wanted to get away from what people are more used to from stuff he writes, so I'd say we shouldn't be expecting any sudden deaths for main characters.... Unless he wants us to think they're all safe?
    Oh yes, I just remembered, he also said he wanted to make this show for young people who are just entering society and are feeling lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Urobuchi
    From the moment this anime was in its planning stages, one of the themes I set for it was to incorporate a message for our young people in their late teens and early twenties—in other words, those are just about to enter society, or those who have just entered society and feel lost at sea. I made a point to keep this theme in mind as I composed the story, so it has a different flavor from the many other works I've created in the past. I hope that this work will act as encouragement for all of those who are being forced to struggle hard in the harsh climate of our frozen job market.

So decided to check this anime out and already caught up. i really like it. im not really into mecha animes but this one is really good i love the charcter art

I wish I had realized this thread had existed earlier. I've been watching it from the start; I really love it so far for a variety of reasons (the storyline, the excellent setting and character design, and the characters themselves) though I have some concerns about how Urobochi might progress the story from here. I don't think he's going to take it to the depths of brutality he's usually known for, but I do have a feeling he's going to have some pretty rough challenges in the later episodes to continue the theme of overcoming adversity. Episode 4 already featured a hint at a plot point that indicates some emotional concepts to come.

There's one thing that makes me a little nervous already - the lights coming from the ocean that Amy showed Ledo in a previous episode reminded me very strongly of the Hideauze's lightning attack. I kind of get the feeling that the biological organisms alluded to as the source of the light may be Hideauze in some form and should the Galactic Alliance come to Earth, it may lead to some big problems.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

That moment when your expensive military mech suit is used as a barbeque.
    My Anime List

"Good morning!"
    "Good morning."
    "I agree that it is morning."

I laughed way too much at that. Chamber's deadpan statements are the best.

Apparently the character designer has done hentai. With this weeks episode it kinda shows.

Yeah, this week's episode was...quite something. SPEAKING OF THIS WEEK'S EPISODE! I like how they used the idea of Chamber's body as a means to cook the meat, since the black paint job helped attract heat from the sun enough too cook on top of him.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I'm really starting to be convinced that there will be little to no healing.
    Well, the only sign of Urobutcher's signature healing was Ledo's flashback and the way he describes the lifestyle of the Galactic Alliance.

I have this feeling that life on Avalon was one of his draft ideas.
    Please help my dragons

tem dits
    bose dutts

mah god

Those dance sequences were really well animated. Well the close-ups were the best. And not because of girly parts but rather some of the full body shots looked horrendous. Especially the first one. That screamed QUALITY. They got better later on though so it's fine.

It was cool seeing Ledo or Red or whatever flip out at the special dinner. So was that thing at the end a real Hideauze or was it just some giant squid like what Bellows was talking about earlier?

tem dits
    bose dutts

mah god

Those dance sequences were really well animated. Well the close-ups were the best. And not because of girly parts but rather some of the full body shots looked horrendous. Especially the first one. That screamed QUALITY. They got better later on though so it's fine.

It was cool seeing Ledo or Red or whatever flip out at the special dinner. So was that thing at the end a real Hideauze or was it just some giant squid like what Bellows was talking about earlier?
    i still dont know if his name is ledo, redo, or red >.< and i think its either a hideauze or like something that the hideauze evolved from

It was cool seeing Ledo or Red or whatever flip out at the special dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    i still dont know if his name is ledo, redo, or red >.<
    Crunchyroll went with Ledo, which is actually what the creators were going for, according to this: http://gargantia.jp/#product_41

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Ledo totally wants Amy.

Next week will be interesting seeing if its just a normal old squid or not.
    My Anime List

i think it's 5 episodes in now... and i love it! watching Ledo adapt is really funny and sad at the same time.

~ Excalibuuuuuur, Excalibuuuuur, from the United King, i'm looking for her, i'm going to Californiaaa~

Quote Originally Posted by tomon View Post
    i think it's 5 episodes in now... and i love it! watching Ledo adapt is really funny and sad at the same time.
    theres 6 episodes out atm

That was the worst dance I've seen in my entire life.
    Done here.

25. Default

Not sure if this is a futuristic-mecha anime, or a pure fanservice anime disguised as mecha.

The promise Suisei once held is all but naught.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast