Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Soul Silver/ Heart Gold?

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Pokemon Soul Silver/ Heart Gold?

I want to know everyone's personal views on the remade Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver games? "I personally enjoyed them and I am currently playing it even though I have Pokemon White 2."

Oh and btw I'm new to this Poke Forum stuff !
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/eb785j.gif[/IMG]

I love Soul Silver because to me Lugia>Ho-oH also I never owned Gold. I had silver and Crystal so yeah....

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

My first pokemon game was Silver Version and I was siked when I saw they had remade it I owned Crystal about a year after the Silver game which introduced the first female character

I got them both. They are my favorite video games ever, because of the amazing post game, and extraordinary Dex. And by "Dex" I meant getting extra Starters and a Snorlax. :3 I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who loved 16 gyms and... Ash! He even had the lil Pikachu! Or you could... uh... I guess... call him 'Red', but to me, he's Ash.
    I'm awesome

I love them both, I'm playing the. Right now. You might have more luck with this thread in the HeartGold and SoulSilver forum.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Last edited by Endolise; 15th April 2013 at 2:50 AM.

I was excited when I found out my favorite games in the series were being remade, and it lived up to my expectations. The nostalgia was very high while it added new aspects to it. I only had Pokémon Silver, so I never played through Crystal's story, and that helped it stay exciting for me. Even though the Gym Leaders weren't too tough for the most part (still despise Whitney, though), I had a lot of flashbacks battling them, and it made me feel like a kid again. I also liked how they brought in the idea from Pokémon Yellow of having the first Pokémon in the party be outside walking around. It was a very adorable tidbit, and I'm happy they did that.

Overall, I really like the remakes. It's beautiful, it's nostalgic, it was up to my expectations and more. Getting SoulSilver was really the only reason why I bought a DS in the first place, even if it took me almost a year to get one. I don't regret it in the least.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    To be fair, doesn't all of that apply to the original GSC games as well? (Excluding Mewtwo, of course, which is actually more to the old games' detriment.)
    Correct. Of course my non fondness of the game doesn't mean it's my least favorite where Johto holds 4th at the moment being beat by Hoenn. Speaking of Hoenn, I liked how the Weather Trio was included in HG/SS though since I love Rayquaza. Lastly I don't care if I get flamed for this but I disliked the following Pokemon since it doesn't add anything to the gameplay hardly (though making my Typhlosion walk next to the ocean was hilarious).

Well, Johto is not my fave region nor G/S/C, but I always excited for a new pokemon main series game. So I still enjoyed HG/SS basically, cool addition to the collection.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

It was great but...
    there is nowhere to TRAIN!!!!
    =The trainers are annoying ringing about stuff that doesnt do anything half the time if not all the time
    to high levels and we cant train that much withut it taking FOREVER!

I enjoyed getting all the starters. I got Squirtle and Torchic And I also enjoyed defeating Red as well as defeating the gym leaders over again. Its as though after you beat them they decided to EV train or something lol.

I loved Soulsilver, favorite pokemon game to this day. Silver was the first game I played way back and when I heard that there were going to be remakes I was more excited than I had ever been for a new game. Playing through it, my trusty Cyndaquil and I had a lot of fun, from the gym leaders to the E4 to Red, it was awesome in its purest form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

SS/HG are still my favorite Pokemon game. For me, nothing even comes close to these games.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMeow View Post
    I want to know everyone's personal views on the remade Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver games? "I personally enjoyed them and I am currently playing it even though I have Pokemon White 2."

Oh and btw I'm new to this Poke Forum stuff !
    im still playing too!!!
    POKEMON X

SO EXCITED FOR GEN 6, HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED SINCE GEN 3 AND 4, ALSO HAVE NOT PLAYED AS THE GIRL SINCE THEN.

I liked how much there was to do in the games, 16 badges, elite four, Red. But once you did all that I got bored real quick. It was my favorite game, but now it's white 2.
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

I hate to be a downer but this is hands-down my least favorite Pokemon game. I liked Pokemon following you around, the Pokeathlon, and the two regions, but hated just about everything else. Johto as a region was extremely boring, the pokemon were mostly forgettable, hated Silver, the plot was non-existent, and I just lacked a motivation to do anything in the game. It left a pretty bad taste in my mouth and for awhile it made me think I wasn't into Pokemon anymore.
    Last edited by Manna; 15th April 2013 at 3:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    the plot was non-existent
    No it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    No it wasn't.
    Then enlighten me.

Favorite DS pokemon game, I really like how your pokemon follow you in this game and I would really hope it would eventually become standard in other titles. I loved playing Pokemon Silver and Crystal and I really like how Soul Silver blends the two a bit. Its a great remake and will be one of my all time favorite games to play, I'm actually starting a new adventure now. Also, I'm glad they incorporated the GTS in the remake, makes getting alot of pokes easier then it was back then.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 718/718

Nothing to complain about! It's a remake, there isn't that much they could mess up. I really liked the pokemon-following-you aspect, I don't understand why they didn't decide to add the feature to Pokemon Black and White.

Pokeathlon > Contests/Musicals
    Hi! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Then enlighten me.
    It has the Neo Team Rocket plot and Silver's character development storyline, in addition to the usually "become the Champion" quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bento View Post
    Nothing to complain about! It's a remake, there isn't that much they could mess up. I really liked the pokemon-following-you aspect, I don't understand why they didn't decide to add the feature to Pokemon Black and White.
    My guess would be because of the balance beams on Route 7 and such.

Going to punt this over to the HGSS section as it fits there better. After all, it's the section made for those games...

I greatly enjoyed them, for the record. Partly because I loved GSC, but also because I felt they were well done remakes - a lot of the old stuff remained (maybe not quite enough but oh well) and it was supplemented with a lot of new things to improve and add to the gameplay (yay for rematching gym leaders and the pokeathlon!).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fashion Focus: Team Magma and Team Aqua! What's the verdict on the new outfits?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Never played Gold or Silver, so this was pretty much the first time I explored Johto @_@

Got SoulSilver and I love it. It seemed a bit too.. not many eventful things happening. Sure there was Team Rocket, but it seemed like their "reign" didn't last too long and I was back to collecting badges <.>
    I haven't explored the Pokeathlon yet, but I have heard its quite fun so I will give it a try once I defeat Red :P I need to grind >.<

I need to still experience the full game I think, but its awesome so far :P

Before I got the games, I expected them to be great and really enjoyable. But when I played them, I found them boring and not living up to my expectations at all. Some of my largest reasons this were the non-existent training possibilities and terrible level balance in the games, annoying following Pokemon that couldn't be turned off, and almost nothing to do once you had beaten all 16 gyms. There could have been many fun things to do, but the extremely unbalanced levels and restricted means of training prevented that for me as I don't have the patience to grind against wild Pokemon or using the Pokegear phone to call specific trainers. These games taught me one thing; nostalgia isn't always good, sometimes you need to look forward instead of just thinking back on how good the past was. I'm very happy that the fifth gen games turned out to be so much better than HG/SS, otherwise I would probably have lost all of my interest in the series.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast