Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boktai (Lunar Knights) Redux/Meanwhile (PG-13)

Name: Henry Encryo

Species: Human

Appearance: Henry has a tall, slender figure (6'4''), with white, spiky hair. He has dark-blue eyes, a small nose and an angled jaw. His skin is a bit tanned from his recent pilgrimage under the midnight sun in the northern mountains, and his body is toned due to his regular training both in strength and resistance.

He usually wears a black coat over a plain white t-shirt, also accompanied by white pants. He usually has this coat closed, making it so its high collar covers his mouth. His boots are snow boots, colored white and made to be resistant. He carries a black leather spear sheath over his left shoulder, where he keeps Gungnir while not fighting. His training outfit consists of a simple white keikogi with a white belt, but he keeps it back in his place at The Guild.

He's pretty agile and strong, excelling at wielding spears and javelins. However, Henry can also wield a sword considerably well, if there's no spears around. On the other hand, even though Henry has good resistance against harsh weather conditions, his slenderness makes him frail to heavy attacks, which he can only counter by relying on his swiftness to dodge or to counterattack.

Personality: Henry grew while traveling around the world, seeing all kind of landscapes, meeting all kinds of animals, trees, flowers, rocks, scents, tastes... This created in Henry a passion for nature, for the wild, for life and for our planet. Because of this, Henry hates the Immortals; Putrid parasites that suck away the beauty of the world into a horrible mass of nothingness, transforming life into ghouls, and destroying everything that stands in their way. They ruined the world, they ruined his family and they ruined half of Wodan. They ruin everything that Henry has cared about in his life, and, because of that, there is nothing Henry wants more than to annihilate every single one of them.
    Although life in general fascinates him, there is one race Henry is particularly indifferent about: The human race. This disregard of humans (apart from his late parents and Wodan) appears because of three main reasons:
    - Most humans that he found in communities show a total disregard for nature, and would gladly burn down a forest if that meant killing an immortal;
    - On his travels, he has found places ravished in such a way that not even ghouls would live there. He and Wodan figured these should be pre-invasion and, as such, were originated by humans;
    - There are humans who find satisfactory to live in a world plagued by monsters if they can live inside an impenetrable fortress. Everything they care about is their own safety, they don't care about the well-being of their planet.

"Humans. Egostical, self-centered beings. They think that just because they're rational beings, they are also the center of the universe."- This would be one of his thoughts about humans.

Because of this, people generally address Henry as being a cold guy, kept to himself and a person of few words. However, he is actually very warm-hearted, and would do anything for those dear to him, such as Wodan, who he sees as a father.

History: Henry was born in the old Norway, near a city that used to be called Tromso. His parents were both important members of The Scandinavian Resistance, a large community that tried to reconquer the scandinavian peninsula from the clutches of The Immortals over many years. However, when Henry was about 3 years old, two very powerful fire Immortals raided their community with hordes of ghouls, killing thousands of people and thus dissolving The Scandinavian Resistance forever. This overwhelming purge was known as the Ragnarok. During the Ragnarok, Henry's parents were both killed in a duel against the two enemy Immortals and Henry would have met a similar fate, if it wasn't for Wodan Eldarr. Wodan was one of the Resistance's lead commanders, and a good friend of Henry's parents, who picked up Henry and was able to run away from the Ragnarok with him in a horse. Wodan had swore to Henry's parents at the begining of the Ragnarok that he would take care of Henry if anything was to happen to them, and after seeing both his friends fall, Wodan took upon himself the mission of saving and raising Henry. He wasn't able to do this unscathed, however: In the midst of battle, Wodan was harmed in his right eye and right shoulder. These infected, and led to Wodan having to cut off both his eye and arm later.

After the Ragnarok, Wodan and Henry traveled for 15 years, accompanied only by Sleipnir (Wodan's horse), Gradi (Henry's horse), Hugen and Munen (Henry's parents' terrennials, who after the defeat of their human partners, decided to join their son).
    Wodan trained Henry to be a hunter, using the same weapon as he did, a spear, and the same Terrenial power he had in times, Frost power. They were constantly on the move, avoiding ghouls and Immortals the best they could. They did find some human communities along the way, but Wodan never found any of them organized enough to resist the Immortals, and so they constantly kept on the move, seeing what the Immortals had turned the world into. They traveled through plains, forests, mountains and deserts, and were even able to cross the sea once.

That was until they found The Guild.

When Henry was about 18 years old (and Wodan about 52) they arrived upon a community called The Guild, which had hunters so diverse and so powerful, and had such a solid organization that Wodan actually saw a chance to fight off the Immortals. So, both Henry and Wodan decided to stay there and become members of the organization. For 2 years they did many missions for The Guild.

And by his 20th anniversary, blessed by Wodan, Henry set off on his Fimbulwinter pilgrimage with Hugen and Munen, a tradition issued by the old scandinavian Frost hunters. In this pilgrimage, a hunter must travel to an icy mountain and survive there for 6 months, with no one else but his terrennial.

After 6 months of enduring cold, Henry got back from the North. But by the time he returned to The Guild, Wodan was gone... He had gone on an apparently standard mission with several hunters but found a very powerful enemy instead. Many hunters were killed, and the few that made it back weren't sure of what had happened to Wodan.

So Henry now wants desperately to find out what happened to Wodan. Deep down, Henry has a glimmer of hope that he is still alive, being held captive somewhere. And this glimmer will impulse Henry to fight whatever he has to fight and face whatever he has to face until he finds Wodan.

Weapon: Gungnir (Spear)

Terrennial:
    Terrennial Name: Hugen and Munen

Element: Frost

Appearance: Twin terns born together from the chilling forces of nature; Hugen being born from the savage clash of cold arctic waters and Munen from the frigid whirwinds created by antarctic winds, their souls are fragments of a single soul. They are Henry's inheritance from his parents, Hugen from his mother and Munen from his father.

Hugen has the top of its head dyed black and a deep-orange beak. The rest of its body is colored a pure crystalline white (http://www.birdforum.net/opus/images...ri_Iceland.jpg); Upon closer inspection, one can observe that the constitution of its feathers is, in fact, really small icy crystals.
    Munen has an appearance really akin to Hugen's, with the difference of having a grey coat instead of a white one. The crystalline plumage is also present is him.
    (http://www.richardwitham.org.uk/cont...ic_Tern_01.jpg)

They can usually be seen resting in Henry's shoulders (Munen in the right and Hugen in the left).

Personality: Hugen and Munen's power depends on the distance between them. This happens because they are a single being, and only when their soul is close to reunited can they conduct frost power to Henry. The same thing happened with his parents, and that's why they always fought together; Whenever one of the terns is missing, the other cannot conduct frost power. Because they are fragments of the same soul, each one of them has a completely different personality:

Hugen is rash, prideful and straightforward. He doesn't quite care how do you complete the mission, as long as you do. He often urges Henry to take the rash, dangerous solution out of a problem.

Munen is calm, sober-minded and cryptic. He's a strategist and likes to guide Henry through the safest way out- even though he never does that by directly giving him the solution; Rather, he presents him with enigmas and vague clues.

They are both very faithful to Henry and it's very rare for them to be apart from him.

Trance: After removing his torso clothes, 4 wings sprout on Henry's back, 2 white and 2 light gray, one each behind each shoulder, allowing him to fly. His eyes turn crystal light-blue and all of his skin gets covered with a thin, resistant but flexible ice layer. The only visible change in his skin, however, is that it turns pale. The air surrounding him gets a lot colder, to the point that it freezes water in a radius of 3 feet. Also, Gungnir gets coated with a white, freezing aura, sealing whatever its head touches automatically in an ice block.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope the twin terns aren't out of the Terrennial concept, but if they are, tell me and I'll figure something out. Also, I can describe the appearance of Wodan if you want me to.
    Last edited by Necrophobos; 24th April 2013 at 10:58 AM.
    "You can't tell me what I can't do" -John Locke

(Necrophobos) Henry: Pending…
    * Why is everything out of the order I set up for sign-ups? It looks like you got everything, but it’d be nice if you used the GM’s system in the future.
    * Yes, there is a Terrennial limit of 6. So, Wodan’s Terrennial has to go, and as for you having a split Terrennial (I see what you did there, the whole sign-up through), it can’t give you an unfair strategic advantage. So, I suppose I can still allow them, under the condition they are powerless alone. - Additionally, you should be providing double the number of sentences in each of the Terrennial Personality and Appearance fields.
    * The Terrennial personality field is more History than Personality. Three sentences is not much Personality to begin with.
    * Also, your first picture link in the Terrennial section doesn’t work… not that that matters much.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

The only thing out of place was "Weapon"... I did it so the reader would know what "Gungnir" is before reading the "Appearance" topic. I'll fix it though, and the rest too.

EDIT: It's fixed. Is it good now?
    Last edited by Necrophobos; 24th April 2013 at 4:44 AM.

Yeah, okay, you failed to remove Wodan's Terrennial, but that's good enough: Accepted
    You are now free to post. Remember to follow the rules.

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

Oh, I didn't understand you wanted me to remove it... The limit of 6 terrennials is per world? I kind of assumed other people in The Guild would have terrennials too..

It's more to keep people from borrowing extra Terrennials from NPCs than anything else. Obviously, if this the same world as boktai/lunar knights there may be 14 Terrennials in the world if we add ours to the 8 in Lunar Knights (6 playble, 7 in Japanese version, and the split of one of the playbles).

Name: Alexei Veterok
    Species: Human

Appearance: Alexei is a young and thin boy, only standing up to about 5'2" in height. He's scrawny compared to most of the other boys and looks younger than his true age (most people believing he is 11 or 12). He has a pale complexion and scared, beady eyes that are dark gray. He usually has a frown on his face and it's rare to catch him with a smile. He hasn't had a hair-cut in a while and it flows freely on his head, reaching down to his shoulders. It is a light blonde and looks a bit messy since he doesn't care much for appearance.

He doesn't have much of his own clothes, except for the hand-me-downs (or ups) of his younger brother, who was bigger than him by a margin. Whenever he wears them they're always baggy on him. He favors the sweatshirt he got and tends to wear it most of the time. It's a faded blue color and has various black stripes running across it horizontally. He has various holes, some big and some unnoticeable, on his clothing. He then wears black pants that are too long on him and he has no choice but to put them into his black boots to keep him from tripping. Something he cherishes is the long white scarf that was his mothers. It looks the most intact and is the brightest thing he wears.

Personality: Alexei is a fragile and broken soul. He can get scared quite easily and prefers to distance himself from others. He is constantly in conflict with himself to break away from his shyness and is prone to lashing out at others who try their hardest to pry into him. When he speaks it is usually low and inaudible, which is why he prefers to stay quiet, since no one will hear him. He usually has a blank expression on his face and it reflects his apathetic views on things. He doesn't care for much but his own safety and those he cares about. One thing that does get him going is thinking about the Immortals. They have caused him so much strife and ruined his life that he has a strong hatred for them.

History: Alexei was born in what was left of Russia, in a small village that was heavily oppressed. It was when his parents finally decided that they've had enough and knew a guy who could smuggle him and his younger brother out to the states. When he arrived, at the age of 8 and his brother 5, their parents were able to settle down nearby the Guild. Both of his parents made the decision that they would join in order to fight back. Alexei wasn't sure about them joining, they were too kind and didn't seem capable, but their pride didn't leave any room for them to reconsider. Finally becoming recruits a year later, they were sent off on their first mission. It was on that same day that Alexei had to hear the worst news of his life. Both of his parents were killed on the mission and only a few items were retrieved from their bodies.

His mother was a wielder of a scythe and wore a long and beautiful scarf that belonged to her mother. Alexei ended up taking the scarf and his younger brother would soon have possession of her scythe. His father was a wielder of a special glaive, held in their family's possession for many years and engraved with their surname, Veterok. His father's dog tag necklace was also tied around just under the blade, being one of the last mementos from him. Experiencing the loss of his parents sent Alexei through a whirl and it was hard for him to recover. He refrained from speaking and seemed to become mute (recently beginning to speak once more), but he would always train day in and day out with his father's weapon. After about 5 years of training, at the age of 14, he decided to make the bold choice of joining the guild, shocking his guardians (who were the man who smuggled him to the states and his wife, very close friends of his parents). They generally didn't approve, but his mind was set up and he ran away.

Weapon: Glaive (Lance)

Terrennial
    Terrennial Name: Unknown (Demands you call it "Boss")
    Element: Cloud

Appearance: Boss is a round and plump angel about the size of a baseball. It almost resembles a sprite, but isn't a sphere of light, but an actual being. It is covered in white fur and has wings sprouting from both of its sides that are covered in feathers. It has no legs or arms, but does have a long and golden tail that curves and curls.

Personality: Boss is just like a drill sergeant, always giving out commands. Despite its small size, it believes it can stand up to almost anything and shows no fear. He despises the weak and tries to toughen them up with its rough attitude and methods.

Trance: When in a trance Alexei's skin turns into a bright white. He is also adorned by a wind halo and his mother's scarf turns into a protective wind. When in this mode he can be both defensive and offensive, using the wind to repel some attacks, or extending it to attack others, being stronger when in close range. He can also disperse a wave of air for a long range attack, but it does less damage on foes. The scarf seems to react on its own, and Alexei likes to believe it is his mother's spirit trying to save him from harm.

Normal Trance

(OOC: I feel iffy on this, so please point out any problems you may have.)

[Not Made by Me]

(SenorLaughsaLot) Alexei: Accepted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12