Thread: My White 2 in-game team (Post Elite-Four)

Default My White 2 in-game team (Post Elite-Four)

Hello, this is my first team building post, and I'd just like suggestions about who I should replace, better movesets, and similar stuff

-I can't trade
    -I can't use the Dream Radar
    -I don't use legendary pokemon
    -I don't really care about EV training

Chandelure-Lv.58-Spell tag-Timid Nature(+Spd -Atk.)

-Curse
    -Flamethrower
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball

Scrafty-Lv.58-BrightPowder-Relaxed Nature(+Def.-Spd.)

-Brick Break
    -Crunch
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Rock Slide

Walrein-Lv.58-Leftovers-Timid Nature(+Spd.-Atk.)

-Ice Ball
    -Crunch
    -Surf
    -Blizzard

Crobat-Lv.58-Scope Lens-Brave Nature(+Atk.-Spd.)

-Air Slash
    -Fly
    -Cross Poison
    X-Scissor

Ferrothorn-Lv.58-Rocky Helmet-Lax Nature(+Def.-SpDef.)

-Gyro Ball
    -Power Whip
    -Seed Bomb
    -Iron Head

Jolteon-Lv.48-Exp. Share(Later Magnet)-Hardy Nature(Neutral)

-Strength
    -Toxic
    -Thunder
    -Thunderbolt

So, tell me what you think. The Pokemon I'm wanting to replace are

Crobat: A reliable Pokemon that can learn fly, but not Flying/Normal, like Slamence, Xatu, Hydreigon, Flygon, etc.

Scrafty: A Rock, Fighting, or Dark type that has at least above-average Defense, like Tyranitar, Krookodile, Medicham, Sawk/Throh, etc.

Jolteon: Any type I don't have that has good Speed, like Sandslash, Alakazam(in-game trade), Manectric, etc

Thank you in advance for the help

The following are the setups I would use:

On Chandelure, I would replace Curse with Energy Ball; I'd say Curse is only good for online play, unless you're really having a hard time with trainers using health restoring items etc. I also think Curse goes well with faster Pokemon, as a last ditch strategy.

Never trained a Walrein, so I'd think it's okay the way it is; consider switching Ice Ball with Ice Beam to have a reliable Ice move with good power.

I think Ferrothron does better as a 'staller' or whatever they're called; I'd switch Seed Bomb with Toxic and Gyro Ball with Protect, maybe Ingrain. I'd also consider Iron Defense.

As for the ones you want to replace:
    Crobat for Archeops

Archeops - Adamant (+Attk, -Spe.Attk)
    Fly
    Rock Slide / Stone Edge
    Dragon Claw
    Crunch

Scrafty for Rhydon (I know, the X4 Grass and Water multiplier is very bad)

Rhydon - Adamant (+Attk, -Spec.Attk)
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Thunder Punch (Tutor move)
    Megahorn

I'd also put a Choice Scarf to raise its Speed.

And then I'd go with Manectric over Jolteon

Manectric - Modest (+Spec.Attk, -Attk)
    ThunderBolt
    Flamethrower
    Ice Fang (This is an egg-move)
    Thunder / Crunch

That's what I'd go with.

Quote Originally Posted by MarJolArd View Post
    Hello, this is my first team building post, and I'd just like suggestions about who I should replace, better movesets, and similar stuff

-I can't trade
    -I can't use the Dream Radar
    -I don't use legendary pokemon
    -I don't really care about EV training

Chandelure-Lv.58-Spell tag-Timid Nature(+Spd -Atk.)

-Energy Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball

Curse is only used well on non-Ghosts who are already slow. Chandelure is fast and is a ghost, so Curse is a bad move for it

Scrafty-Lv.58-BrightPowder-Relaxed Nature(+Def.-Spd.)

-Bulk Up
    -Crunch
    -Drain Punch
    -Rock Slide

Standard Bulk up set. Drain Punch will keep your HP up

Walrein-Lv.58-Leftovers-Timid Nature(+Spd.-Atk.)

-Ice Beam
    -Rest
    -Surf
    -Sleep Talk

Rest-Talk because Walrein can't do much else

Crobat-Lv.58-Scope Lens-Brave Nature(+Atk.-Spd.)

-Brave Bird
    -Fly
    -Cross Poison
    -X-Scissor

Fly is fine for in game purposes.

Ferrothorn-Lv.58-Rocky Helmet-Lax Nature(+Def.-SpDef.)

-Gyro Ball
    -Power Whip
    -Shadow Claw
    -Curse

In-game Ferrothorn set that works well

Jolteon-Lv.48-Exp. Share(Later Magnet)-Hardy Nature(Neutral)

-Signal Beam
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunder Wave
    -Thunderbolt

So, tell me what you think. The Pokemon I'm wanting to replace are

Crobat: A reliable Pokemon that can learn fly, but not Flying/Normal, like Slamence, Xatu, Hydreigon, Flygon, etc.

Scrafty: A Rock, Fighting, or Dark type that has at least above-average Defense, like Tyranitar, Krookodile, Medicham, Sawk/Throh, etc.

Jolteon: Any type I don't have that has good Speed, like Sandslash, Alakazam(in-game trade), Manectric, etc

Thank you in advance for the help
    For your replacement ideas:
    Crobat >>> Honchkrow. Powerful poke
    Scrafty >>> Hariyama if you want to try something different.. Lucario is also solid, as the Steel typing offsets his weak defense
    Jolteon >>> Garchomp. That is, if you want to use the overpowered option. Otherwise Alakazam is a solid poke
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions RoySceptile and Predator33, I've changed Chandelure's moveset to Energy Ball instead of Curse, but I've decided on keeping Walrein's Ice Ball, as it increases in power each turn and I'd like a physical and special ice attack for him. I also plan on playing around on the PWT and Battle Subway to get Protect for a Toxic-Protect combo.

For Jolteon's replacement, I've decided to go with a Manetric and Honchkrow, but since they are both Hidden Grottoe Pokemon, they may take a while to find, so I'll use Jolteon and Crobat's suggested movesets until I find them. As for my Scrafty, I can't decide which Pokemon to use for him, so far I've narrowed it down to a Medicham, Tyranitar, Sudowoodo, or maybe a Bouffalant, out of those, which one do you guys suggest as a replacement?

You've really gotta lose Ice Ball. You will pretty much always outdamage it with Ice Beam. It takes 3 turns for Ice Ball to be able to do more damage than a single ice beam, in which case the cumulative damage from Ice Beam will still exceed Ice Ball, especially considering 1) Walrein's special attack is higher than his attack, and 2) A timid nature decreases his attack, so it'll be weak to begin with. Being locked into Ice Ball isn't necessarily a good thing, either. It's seriously a terrible attack and there's not a single reason to keep it on Walrein.

Manectric is sort of... meh. Personally I dislike it, as all it has over Jolteon is Flamethrower; otherwise Jolteon's superior speed, power, and special bulk make it the preferred choice for me. I'd echo Predator's suggestion of Alakazam, especially if you can get one from the Dream World; Magic Guard as an ability gives Alakazam the ability to abuse recoil-free Life Orb, which is amazing in-game. Plus, its coverage is pretty spectacular as well; Shadow Ball/Psychic/Focus Blast will nail pretty much everything you can find. The final move can be generally whatever; Energy Ball, Hidden Power (depending on the type), Calm Mind... it's all good. Though I guess the "no trade" thing means you can't get a Dream World Alakazam, since the in-game trade one has Synchronize. *Shrugs*

I'm not sure why Medicham was listed as a suggestion for replacing Scrafty, since you said you wanted above-average defenses, but Medicham is pretty frail. Its claim to fame is its terrifying power thanks to its ability. In any event, of the ones you listed I find myself most fond of Tyranitar. However, a lot of your other Pokemon don't really like the sandstorm it brings, although Ferrothorn certainly doesn't mind it, and if you were able to get your hands on Magic Guard Alakazam, it'd find itself immune to the Sandstorm as well. A Stone Edge/Crunch/Earthquake/Aqua Tail can work wonders (Aqua Tail can be replaced with Ice Punch or w/e for the final coverage move, it depends on what you want to counter).
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 16th April 2013 at 3:52 AM.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the new answer, I changed ice ball to beam, but I got a new arrival, a happiny, I don't know if I should keep her or not? Any more advice for it?

Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey all serve one purpose; Special Sponge. With ridiculous HP and high special defense, they exist solely to take special attacks. For in-game purposes though, their lack of offensive presence makes them generally poor choices. I couldn't really see it contributing much to an in-game team, although it's omnipresent in competitive for said special sponging reasons.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I feel it needs a dragon they are vicious and are only weak to other dragons and ice their moves generally work on any type like dragon claw works and is pretty effective against almost all types (prob one of my favorite moves ever).

Scrafty @ Leftovers
    Jolly / Shed Skin
    - Dragon Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
    Careful / Iron Barbs
    - Power Whip
    - Curse
    - Leech Seed
    - Gyro Ball

tbh Ice Punch is more beneficial than Rock Slide, as it rounds off your neutral coverage and has higher Accuracy than Rock Slide. Either way, both are good, as the only thing you miss out on hitting for neutral damage is Toxicroak.

Jolteon wants Charge Beam / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Substitute.

hmu on xbox !!!!