Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the day that changed your life?

Default What was the day that changed your life?

Besides your birthday, obviously.

For me, personally, the most significant day of my life would have to be the Christmas of 2008. My parents & I were visiting some cousins in Eugene, Oregon, and it was New Years Eve. Our family is not the type of family that enjoys partying and celebrating, but we're deeply religious, so we had to celebrate Christmas. But for News Years, there was nothing too special going on. Everyone was just dwelling in the holiday season, I had received a new Pokemon game for my DS, which I was busy playing, some of my uncles were having their eyes glued onto the television..

But that one particular night, it was about twenty minutes after dinner. And my cousin had gotten a new drum set for that Christmas season. Every night after dinner, he would go down in the basement, whack at the drums, and drive us crazy. Oh, my God. He sounded terrible. However, that one particular night, we were just sitting around, obsessing over electronics, and, suddenly, some really, cool, sweet, NICE drumming music was coming from the basement. We all looked at my uncle, as if he would have any idea as to what the hell was going on, and he just said, "Well, I don't know. It must be the CD that I recently bought for him."

My cousin, he came flying up the stairs, "Did you hear it? Did you hear it?" He hysterically cried.

"Yeah, what WAS IT?" we all asked.

Then, he explained, that he was clanking away at the drums, and suddenly, a white, floating figure come from the ceiling and floated towards him, and grabbed his hands and forced them to play some really nice drumming music.

We... were just.. like.. "WHAT??!?!"

He was like, "No lie! It just happened! And, I closed my eyes real tight, but I could still see it anyways!"

My aunt, at the time, was in a prayer group, and she said, that Julia, a friend of hers in a prayer group, knew of a psychic medium from France who was living in Sisters. She said that she would contact Julia and try to get the number of the medium. After a few hours, we managed to get in contact with the woman, and her response as soon as she picked up the phone was unbelievable. "Yes, Mrs. OURLASTNAME. I've been expecting your call. What just happened was your son just met his guardian angel, Mitch Mitchell, (YES!! That was REAL NAME) and while he was on Earth, he was a drummer, and he decided to dedicate his new life as being a guide for aspiring musicians."

I'm sure in the psychic's mind, she was helping us, but, let me tell you, we were all scared to ****. The medium went on to say that there were many gifted children in our house and that she wanted to see us for a free psychic reading.

That day was supposed to be me and my parents' find day, but we stayed 'till the following few nights to make physical contact with the lady. I was incredibly nervous. In my mind, I was going to encounter some woman with... Oh, I don't know, big, dangly earrings and black cats, and purple clothing with a Russian accent.. I--just.. my mind wasn't prepared for this. Instead, however, I encountered a kind, sweet, lovely, petite, woman with a charming, but subtle, French accent. Her name was Eve Olsen.

I went into her reading room, and I saw a cup of water sitting at her table. I was parched and I attempted to get a sip of it, but she quickly stopped me and told me that the water was for the spirits. I gave her a puzzled look, "Spirits drink water?" She would later explain to me that the water itself is not what the spirits consumed, but the natural energy from the water is what they embraced. Later, she told me that I was born with clairvoyance, clairaudience, and the ability to recognize ghosts..

I was in absolute denial of it at first, I tried to fight it... but.. eventually, I accepted it as who I am... and, sure enough.. I'm started to do ghost bustings as a way of earning some money.

So... what about you?
    Last edited by EpicBacon; 15th April 2013 at 1:37 PM.

The day that changed my life is... Arhh, I cannot tell it to you... :/

I guess one moment is when last week I sawr a film....as I recall it was a horror film. Then I walked outside into the rain, checked my phone and saw you rang.
    Last edited by yuoke; 15th April 2013 at 2:07 PM.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

One of those days was when I took part in this big festival attended by thousands for the first time last 2010. I can't tell the details but that was such a great event. You can learn a lot from going there and every year, it's always quite an eye opener for me. In fact, ever since, I always attend that event every year and next year, you can count on me to be there.

That darned day that changed my life for good was around 4 years ago, when I just graduated from primary school. I had tons of problems, including the lack of summer vacation. Every day was a pain, especially when I was about to enroll at a local international school, but something came up and we got back to my old country. That's when I started being mature... what happens after that is a secret.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

That's a pretty crazy story, OP. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, whether it is true or not. I believe in guardian angels and spirits myself, but that's a bit... hmm...

Anyway, it tends to change for me, as rare as they are, which is the typical norm of a person's life, honestly. I think the latest one I can think of, besides college, is when one of my little brothers was diagnosed with autism when he was three. The youngest would also be evaluated and confirmed to have autism, and now recently, the middle brother has been diagnosed with autism as well, though it's pretty mild compared to theirs (and they all have mild autism). I could also say being diagnosed with Asperger's in high school would be a life-changer as well. Actually, I think most of my high school days were a life-changer. It was in high school when my mom got heart surgery, after all.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Personally, it's a big long story. Happened about four years ago when I was younger in school, my and my friends would take the mick out of each other by calling each other this and that, and making crude jokes, but at the end of it all saying "Just joking okay?". Then one break after DT, they grabbed me, got me in a corner and jumped me. Then, I realised I had to start thinking for myself, and I struggled to trust anyone from there onwards.

So yeah, there's a nice story to depress your day
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Let's see... the day that changed my life was probably when my family went to the Philippines for trip back in 2000. It was a fun trip overall, but some of my family members were rude to me since I spoke English and acted differently from them. However, on the other hand, the trip made me more aware of my Filipino culture, and perhaps I'll go the Philippines again someday.

Credit: Blood Red Absol

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0769-5068
    Name: Misa
    Friend Safari: Dragon (Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    The day that changed my life is... Arhh, I cannot tell it to you... :/
    Then why post at all?

Probably today, actually. I got my report card back after school in the mail, finally hitting the high mark and making high honors. Makes me believe that my hard works can for a fact pay off. At least I know I can now do anything I want!

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

The day my life changed was probably November 30th on here and real life. I went through a lot of emotional moments and had some extreme emotional turmoil which eventually made me realize I had 'great' and deep affections for a certain someone. Which eventually lead to lots of other experiences in my life as well as on here. At the time, extreme emotional turmoil for me was really hard to deal with because I had never had it before... Than, oddly, that day, I also decided to act more sophisticated for some reason. x) I've been different ever since.

Another day that changed my life was August 3rd, last year... One of the worst days of my life... I prefer not to discuss this time, but another thing about that day is I thought I had affections for that certain someone aforementioned, but I didn't really think about it too much because I was also extremely angry and depressed on that day... Despite that, when I'd think about it, it seemed to be the only thing to be a form of "panacea" on that day...

So umm, yeah, there's my little rant for today. XP
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 16th April 2013 at 1:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

July 12th, 2012. That was the day i got spinal cord surgery to fix my suvere scoliosis. The surgery started at 8:30 AM and lasted about nine hours. It changed everything. For the first few months I wasn't able to go swimming, running, i could barely even sit up on my own. I couldn't bend over... I can now though. Well now i have a 2 foot scar down my back. Now whenever people ever taunt me at school or something, i think to myself, "I can get through this. I got through my scoliosis."

I haven't had anything truly life-changing that has taken place in a single day from what I remember. The closest thing to one though would be when I was accepted to college since it was a pretty big step for me personally.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The day I first watched Star Wars. I don't remember any specifics other than it was the original Original. It has helped shape me into that one guy with the overactive imagination who aspires to write fantastic stories.

March 6, 2010 was the day I accepted Christ. May not be significant to some, but it surely is for me.

May 27, 2011 was the day I graduated high school.

Some day in September 2011 was the day I received my acceptance letter from Georgia Highlands College.

January 9, 2012 was my first day of college. I made more friends in that single day than I did all of high school combined.

The day i realized my mom was lying to me about my dad leaving for certain reasons. she would would do nothing as a lay down with a picture of my him and I crying for my father to come back, but now we keep in touch, because I found out. if it wasnt for that. i probably would never know my father for the rest of my life.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Sadly enough, my most life changing moment was when I discovered the internet. Really, this should be "What Was the Day That Changed Your Life (Other Than When You Discovered the Internet)", as I'm sure it's high up there for all of you as well.

The day I was reunited with my childhood friend mad me reealize to get my act together, and do good for School. I thank you for that Chinedu...
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Tomorrow.

And here's why:

(just pretend that I wrote, like, six pages of ******** here)
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

-Well. I moved to Wisconsin when I was 10 ish. I guess that counts. I was 10 though and didnt really know or care what was going on ・_・I dunno. I was to stupid back then to suffer from culture shock ・_・

-Well I guess my school has this retreat for the Juniors every year. The kind where they make everyone cry and open up and be friends until it is over. I guess if anything that was 'life changing'. I went on it last year and before the retreat people in my class including me were all pretty much a bunch of crappy teenagers who can not respect each other but after it was different I guess. I mean people still stuck to their groups of friends mostly but at least everyone came to an understanding I guess..people were less nasty and mean to each other. I dunno I guess school is just a less hostile place to be than it was freshman and sophmore year lol..
    Last edited by Touché Amoré; 17th April 2013 at 4:27 AM.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Very few things actually change my life because my "I don't give a ****" attitude, but one day really did affect me in such a way. If you look at the bottom of my sig, you'll see a memorial for a fellow student. On that day I learned that not only do bad things happen to good people, but that one must live their life to fullest. I try to do my best to live up to that by being a good person to everyone that I meet.

The day my beloved grandmother passed away.11/21/09. I've felt that life is hard and lonely since then.

Definitely the day I met my girlfriend. She's the only one for me. :')
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

The day that changed my life was on April 22nd a couple of years ago. All I can really say is that it has to do with two of my family members. Unfortunetly one commited suicide and the other was diagnosed with cancer. This all happened on another family members birthday. This deffinetly showed me that life is short and now I've gone from being lazy, to going after a GED and getting a drivers license.
    So... yeah that deffinetly changed my life.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well, Route 41 fishing, and Route 48 at night(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE)

Most Recent Shiny:
    ??? MM     Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

The only day I can remember that really changed my life in a traumatic way was on March 11th, 2011. It was the earthquake and tsunami in Japan - it also caused me to be afraid of dying in a natural disaster while being away from family. Over 15,000 people died and many towns washed away, it just gives me nightmare just thinking about it. It just reminds me to enjoy life as much as possible and t smile everyday. Other natural disasters or terrorist attacks have a similar effect on me but not as traumatic.

The other date I can remember that changed my life was in July 15th, 2010, when the doctor told me I had Diabetes type 2.

I'm sure there are more, I can't remember them.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Spoiler:- Journey to the Dark Side:

Everything changed when the fire nation attacked.......
    Last edited by WarriorPrince; 25th April 2013 at 10:57 PM.
    You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness...

[IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/34si8ac.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast