Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tale of Heroes - Part 1: Reign of Diaz[DISCUSSION]

Default Tale of Heroes - Part 1: Reign of Diaz[DISCUSSION]

Approved by Kamotz
    RP Link
    SU Link

The Legend

Stories say that in ancient times, certain beings were given powers of unimaginable force. A power that allowed them to fight even the mightiest of foes, whether they be man or beast. People who obtained this power, were known as Valkyries. In a sense, a Valkyrie is able to attain a higher state of form that allows them limited flight, enhanced battle skills and/or various other traits, depending on the individual. However, as Valkyries became plentiful, a new type of power had emerged. Unknown, how it came to be, this new type of power was similar in the sense that it gave its users a great deal of battle potential, it was different in the sense of appearance, and purpose. Individuals with this other power were known as Wyverns. In time, these two powers were dubbed as Oversouls. Legend says that the source of these Oversouls originate from Dragons. However, the accuracy of that claim is unknown. They are malicious, vicious, and deadly creatures that avoid the outside world, and live in solitude, rarely seen. Many people do not even go looking for dragons, so the possibility of them being the originating source of the Oversouls is nearly impossible.

As time went by, conflicts had risen between the two groups such as rights, minorities, and of course, ruling over people without Oversouls. This sparked the famous Dragon War. A 10 year war that had completely wiped out the population of Wyverns and Valkyries, as well as the Dragons. Now, as the world progressed, these stories and legends have become a thing of the past.

~

Current Events

The continent of Aras. Currently in the midst of a civil war between Kale and Grandora, in the country Salos. The newly crowned King of Kale, Kazu, stepped up to the throne after the death of his father. Kazu and his sister, princess Luna both rule Kale. However, Diaz, the King of Grandora, decided that the way those two were ruling were unfit to his liking. Ever since the death of the previous King of Kale, Diaz had changed. He brought in troops and did hostile takeovers on various cities across the country. This eventually led to various rebellion groups, and well as an imbalance in the economy. Many places have become slums, due to the aftermath of battles between Kale and Grandora. Diaz denounced his title of king, and is now known as Emperor. He had reached a new level of power. He was literally invincible.

A few months later, Diaz created Galvaz Prison. Notorious for torturing prisoners, this prison spells out death for anyone who goes there. Before his death, Kazu’s father originally intended the prison to be a sort of shelter for homeless people. Now, almost anyone who commits crimes can be sent here, whether it be treason or petty crimes. Not many people know what really goes on in Galvaz, due to the fact not many people have come out. Most likely they remain locked up, or shipped out of the country.

As of now, Diaz controls nearly two-thirds of the country. From the Eastern side, to the Middle West. The only place not in control is the south, part of the north, the West, along with several cities which have been remained neutral. Kale is still under rule by Kazu and his sister Luna, and unlike Diaz, have not done takeovers to expand their kingdom of ruling, but rather have sent troops to places where they think Diaz might try to takeover next, to prevent him from doing so. With that being said, only time will tell how this war will be played out, and how it will end.

---------------------------

Hey, guys this is the official discussion thread for our RP, A Tale of Heroes: Reign of Diaz. Remember, this is a discussion thread, not a chat thread. Here, you can discuss various plans with other players(if you don't want to keep it private), ideas for side-stories, questions, and anything else related to the RP.

NPCs/Misc/Major Characters:
        Spoiler:- NPCs/Misc/Major Characters:
    Last edited by AJ2000; 7th September 2014 at 5:18 PM.

Opening Post - Continued

Players:

Spoiler:- List of Current Players:
    Last edited by AJ2000; 25th June 2013 at 9:37 PM.

Do you plan any more excitement before we arrive to Kale or will be the path there more or less empty until we get there?
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

Yay, the discussion thread. I'll post something involving Asher in the morning. Feel free to come up with suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Nythe View Post
    Do you plan any more excitement before we arrive to Kale or will be the path there more or less empty until we get there?

Not really, I think we might just do a small 'time-skip' and go right near Kale.

However, there was this one minor thing that was originally there before we got to Kale. The area between Meryl Forest and Kale, is mostly grasslands with some hills and whatnot, and a small(really small) village. The quest was to help the village defeat a group of bandits. However, only one group would be able to do the quest. I decided to scrap the idea, just because I thought it would just end up killing time, and become one of those quests where the GM just threw in, just for the sake of fighting things.

That, and the fact that bandits do eventually come up later in the story.

EDIT: Also, SteelKing, I know Krazy still hasn't posted his SU yet, so if we all get to Kale before you, feel free to get there as well, and Krazy's character will meet up later on.
    Last edited by AJ2000; 15th April 2013 at 9:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Yay, the discussion thread. I'll post something involving Asher in the morning. Feel free to come up with suggestions
    Perhaps have both of them go to sleep and have a rude awakening from Diaz's soldiers? How many soldiers should there be? Will they take hostages of the fellow patrons of the tavern? I think that the soldiers should try and harass the owner of the tavern for money and supplies. Asher, being the law-obiding person he is, will try to stop them, and Keres will probably be glad that he can hurt people while not getting arrested. Anyways, how was the quality if my RP post?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

If Krazy gets his SU done soon, I imagine we'll probably meet up on the plains. I'm not planning for too much trouble, seeing as Coelnar's on his own. Maybe just wild animals or something.

I'm so alone... ;_;

My fave Pokemon ^.^

Don't click this. Really.

Well, I suppose the Cap'n doesn't like mermaids/undines/sirens/leviathans/stuff.
    I suppose they'll meet again in the inn then.
    Please help my dragons

Actually, I left it just as he was about to leave, he hasn't QUITE left yet. so you can catch up with/interrupt him before he leaves. Sorry, I thought I had made it clear enough in the post. It didn't really seem to suit Ethan's personality if he were to wait for Undine to wake up.

And aren't leviathons sea snakes?
    Last edited by Accelgor X; 16th April 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Very well. Once I get home from school I'll halt his actions. I'm on mobile and o the way to school, by the way.
    No, Leviathans are sea serpents. Then again there's practically no difference.
    Please help my dragons

Alright, cool. Since our characters will probably start heading to kale afterwards, are you alright with bunnying eachother slightly? Just enough so that we can actually have the other character continue walking alongside the other. We can still have some conersation on the way, Im guessing they'll have a few questions about eachother, the fin ears and whatnot.

I'd prefer minimal bunnying, actually. Although just enough to walk along is fine by me.
    Please help my dragons

Quote Originally Posted by wayjun View Post
    Perhaps have both of them go to sleep and have a rude awakening from Diaz's soldiers? How many soldiers should there be? Will they take hostages of the fellow patrons of the tavern? I think that the soldiers should try and harass the owner of the tavern for money and supplies. Asher, being the law-obiding person he is, will try to stop them, and Keres will probably be glad that he can hurt people while not getting arrested. Anyways, how was the quality if my RP post?
    interesting, indeed. Your post was good, and i liked how ominous you made Keres sound. If you read my first post, Keres see the future than soliders come in and say "Hey, you in the corner!". as Keres sits in a corner, they could mean him, but they could also mean Asher, though Keres doesn't know that, and starts killing them. Then Asher butts in somehow.

Also, if Krazy doesn't post, Coelnar could just meet up with someone else?
    Last edited by Schade; 16th April 2013 at 5:46 AM.

If Krazy doesn't post, then we'll just have Coelnar meet up with us at the inn. It'll save time, and he'll just meet us all at once. Then if Krazy hasn't posted by then, I guess I'm gonna have to open SUs again.

Oh well, let's hope he shows up.

Edit: Writing a post now. My God, it is moer difficult than i thought. What is the soliders motives?
    Last edited by Schade; 16th April 2013 at 7:27 AM.

Technically speaking, the soldiers are only supposed to do what Diaz ays, but considering the amount of damage most of his forces have caused, most of the soldiers find it easier to just act all chaotic without the permission of Diaz. Although they probably won't do anything more than just bully, rather than try to do some sort of takeover.

I did not specify anything in my latest post about what they were after but.. I think I made them more take-overish rather than bullies

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2000 View Post
    If Krazy doesn't post, then we'll just have Coelnar meet up with us at the inn. It'll save time, and he'll just meet us all at once. Then if Krazy hasn't posted by then, I guess I'm gonna have to open SUs again.
    Somebody posted in the sign ups asking if they were still open, so there is still an interest.

How big is Kale? The question popped into my head a bit late (just after I posted in the RPG thread).

Natalia considered it big, though she hadn't seen a lot of cities in her life, so that doesn't necessarily mean much. On the other hand, there is only one inn in Kale. It could be just that the others closed for the same reason the city is empty, though. Basically, if anything I wrote interferes a lot with your ideas, tell me and I'll change it.
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

My character does not know about Kale yet. Any advise on how he's compelled to travel there? His goal is revenge on Diaz but.. He does not know that yet

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    My character does not know about Kale yet. Any advise on how he's compelled to travel there? His goal is revenge on Diaz but.. He does not know that yet
    I'm not sure how far away from Kale he would be, but maybe as night falls he could notice vary faint lights in the distance and think 'I should go to some civilization' Or he could ask somebody in the tavern for help and be directed to Kale.

I'm not too sure about how you'd go to Kale... But as for the size of it, I'm just going to assume that it depends how used to cities you are for now... I dunno. But since Coelnar's never seen a city in his life, I think he'll be amazed. Someone that's seen a lot of cites, though, might not be quite so impressed.

My fave Pokemon ^.^

Don't click this. Really.

I'm not going to go into the exact specifics of the size of Kale, but I guess you could call it fairly "big". Besides, I'm pretty sure it won't matter too much.

Also note guys, be careful when posting large time-skips such as day to night, as we are all in the same timezone(in the RP). Right now, it's around the afternoon, so it's not night time yet.

@Elysian: I guess by going to Kale, you can try to find more information on Diaz, seeing as the main conflict is between Kale and Grandora.

@Nythe: I guess since we are all meeting up at the same inn, we could just say that all the other inns are closed, except for that one that the soldier mentioned.
    Last edited by AJ2000; 16th April 2013 at 10:35 PM.

Asher's just wandering around aimlessly, so the duo of him and Keres could meet up with the rest of the group by accident. Asher may or may not have a map of Kale, depending on what AJ says, so, when he goes to retrieve his bag, it could slip out. Or Keres could go through his bag. Or the tavern keeper could point the pair in the direction of the nearest town. Of course, you can veto the whole thing and the pair goes running to try and catch the revenant. This was typed on a mobile device, so please forgive any autocorrect-induced errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

No prob, I just don't want to take full control over Asher's movements etc. The revenant was just a hint of Keres' Necromancer background, and not actually a huge character.
    unless you meant the solider, which I am planning on keeping for a little while. But please do respond as soon as possible. I don't want to keep an eye on Asher too much. The duo is hard to RP with

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast