Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Tale of Heroes - Part 1: Reign of Diaz[DISCUSSION]

Okay, so I guess we are really only waiting for Asher and Keres to show up. But I'm going to introduce the quest anyways in my post, seeing as you guys are almost at the inn. Feel free to jump in and talk to Artus. This will be also the time we can introduce each other before we head off, and make some new friends.

@Elysian: Also, going on this quest will also be a good idea for Keres, seeing as it can help with getting info on Diaz.
    Last edited by AJ2000; 17th April 2013 at 8:23 PM.

I must wait for Wayjun to post first, then I will try coming up with something. Might need some guidance though

Yes, that's fine, we are not going to leave the town to go on the quest without you guys, lol.

As for getting to Kale, you guys are in Meryl Forest, right? It's only south of Kale, so I guess you guys could just get a map, or ask for directions. I dunno, it's up to you, or a small time-skip directly to Kale is good as well, after wayjun posts.

Meryl forest.. Well, we're in a forest all right, but I have no spesific name for it, other than "Unknown Forest". thought it to be a fitting name for a graveyard my young necromancer could wake up in.
    I am worried though. I feel Wayjun and I are falling behind

Anyways, I'm going to bed now, and hope Wayjun post during the night. (No pressure, Way, who's probably reading this right now)
    Last edited by Schade; 17th April 2013 at 8:49 PM.

Don't worry, you guys aren't really that much behind, just barely. It tends to happen when the RP first starts.

Also guys, I just posted. And our first quest is (drum roll)....Galvez Prison! For our first quest, Artus learns about the Commander in charge of destroying numerous places including Artus' hometown. Feel free to talk to him about his decision and whatnot, introduce yourselves, etc.

Once everything has settled down in the RP, I will explain what goes on after this point onwards.

EDIT:

@Elysian: Not to worry, wayjun seems like a reliable guy, he will post. If you guys have any concerns, just leave me a vm/pm.
    Last edited by AJ2000; 17th April 2013 at 9:32 PM.

Natalia will join Artus on the quest. However, I'll wait with the post until some of the others agree to go as well because that will be the reason she comes along.
    Do you like watching Pokemon battles in the anime? Do you wish to battle in similar way? Then check out the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League and join the fun.

My PASBL Stats

Sounds fun, I'll probably have Ethan tag along in hopes that it may have be the guy who was in charge of the attack on the Myrydian, and try to get some info on the location of Oceon's Blade.

I'll wait for Samantha to post first though.
    Last edited by Accelgor X; 17th April 2013 at 9:55 PM.

Pressure. x.x Yeah, sorry about not posting for a bit; I'm at school from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM every day, but on the days that I'm not, I have lots of homework. Recently, though, I've been assigned to create: 2 power points, 1 essay, and a website. They're all done now, though. The post will be up by tonight. I am also in a strange timezone, so my night-time is...not yours. (Yay for HST?)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

I understand. I am wuite busy myself, but somehow I keep pushing everything further away. lol
    Super-yay! I'ts like 7 AM in the morning atm.

Edit: Wayjun, would you mind if I let our characters get caught by the soliders? if the rest of the group is visiting a prison, it would be a good way for us to catch up
    Last edited by Schade; 18th April 2013 at 5:44 AM.

There's no need to get captured by the soldiers. Just have Asher and Keres enter the inn as Artus is having his discussion about going to Galvez. If you guys get captured, then it will kind of throw the whole thing off, seeing as it is extremely difficult for prisoners to escape from there. Unless you want us to save you as well, which would work I guess. Not to mention, it's going to take a little while to get to the prison, as we are not going to do a time-skip to get there, so you guys might have to do a fair bit of waiting before we get there if you do choose to get caught.

I have an idea of how to work the time snafus out -- have the whole tavern seen be the day before they go into Kale, and then time skip to them overhearing Artus.

I'm pretty neutral on the idea of getting captured by the soldiers, though.
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

PM me before you add me

Oh well, it was just a suggestion. I am not sure if I understood what you meant, Way. Could you post that part?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Oh well, it was just a suggestion. I am not sure if I understood what you meant, Way. Could you post that part?
    What I mean is that AJ and the rest are posting events of "today", while you and I could be posting events of "yesterday". We could fast-forward a day and arrive at the inn in "today".

PM me before you add me

Oh, okay. Good post btw. and for later stuff, Keres took an interest in Asher because he knew Asher was non-human, and held great amounts of magic, whch Keres planned on draining at some point. (He won't do it though) I have to constantly remind myself that Keres is an emotionless bastard. lol
    And the solider-revenant will follow us for a while, if I did not asy that earlier. I can get a post up tomorrow, I think
    Note: Revenants behave like normal humans, except that solider-guy cannot speak due to cause of death, which was a sliced throat

Edit again, wow this post is getting long. We're not that far behind now, I think. Keres found a map with an X marked on Kale, so we can skip a bit now. but don't kill off my revenant. lol
    Last edited by Schade; 19th April 2013 at 8:34 PM.

You guys are almost there. Good post btw, nicely played, both you guys. I reckon you guys can skip a bit to Kale, considering you guys have a map now. Also, make to sure Keres keeps the map, seeing as we'll need it to get to Galvez Prison. It'll make it easier rather than us blindly trying to find a way to get there or asking somebody.

Once you guys get to Kale, we'll just spend the night at the inn and leave the next day after breakfast. Also note there will be some item drops along this quest. Ill let you guys know when we run into some, and then you guys can decide which one you wants them lol.

No matter how much I tried to direct the plot down the path of Asher and Keres arriving in Kale during my next post, I don't think that it's possible. Asher will follow Keres after he disables the revenant that is attacking the people, but only reluctantly and probably to turn him in to the law enforcement.

On a different note, when do we get to learn new spells? How long should a post generally be?

PM me before you add me

Don't worry, you guys are almost caught up, it's no biggie. If you guys need to do an extra post or two for a little bit character interaction and development then it's fine by me.

With the new spells, those are mainly scattered throughout the RP. There are different ways of learning new spells such through reading books/scrolls, or by someone teaching you, or your character can make a new spell entirely on their own(although this will be hard, and this option won't be available until a little bit later on). With that being said, you guys can PM me a spell idea if you wish.

As for the posts, I don't generally have a set amount as I am trusting you guys to make sure what's considered appropriate. I'm pretty sure at least a paragraph or two is good. As long as your post isn't just 2 sentences. Make sure you give enough to work with.

I'll try and get up a post that leaves us in Kale today. But i need some help. Keres and Asher is like Brandy and Mr. Whiskers! It's very difficult to even get a dialouge out of them.

Edit: Wayjun. Please, please, please get us to Kale. I have absolutly no idea how on the holy earth I can do it myself. Bunny Keres or whatever.. Just get us there! lol
    Last edited by Schade; 21st April 2013 at 8:18 PM.

Alright, so I just posted, sorry if it's really small. You guys can just introduce yourselves to each other, reason for travelling, mingle around, etc. And when you're all done you guys can head to your room and rest. Once everyone's finished up and in their rooms, I'll just go ahead and time-skip to the next day and we'll get the quest on the road. Also note, there's food available in the tavern part of the inn if your character is hungry. We're going to be eating before we head out the next morning anyways so its your choice.

So, now we're pretty much introduced. What happens next? shall we just go to bed or something?

Yeah, you can mingle around if you want, or you can just head up to your room. As soon as everyone's finished up I'll go ahead and skip to the next day.

Also, not sure if anyone cares, but I've added a small artwork section to the opening post for visual references. I'm trying to draw all the characters so if you guys have any sort of sketches, that would be great.

Finally got rid of the revenant.. I'm gonna miss him. lol
    Interesting artwork, though I prefer imagining the whole happening my own way.
    And I must say. The OP of this thread is the best one I have ever seen! Easy to find the other characters if I've forgotten about them, or my own
    Last edited by Schade; 28th April 2013 at 8:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2000 View Post
    Yeah, you can mingle around if you want, or you can just head up to your room. As soon as everyone's finished up I'll go ahead and skip to the next day.

Also, not sure if anyone cares, but I've added a small artwork section to the opening post for visual references. I'm trying to draw all the characters so if you guys have any sort of sketches, that would be great.
    Sorry for not posting for a while. I've been distracted, but I will try to get a post up later today. I could also attempt to draw my character, but it will probably look bad. He'll be hiding his hands and feet. ._. Asher will not be doing any "talking" during that post as he will try not to draw attention to himself; he'll just mull over the other characters' reactions.

PM me before you add me

I didn't mean to skip Asher, but assuming he didn't even speak to Keres when they were all alone, I just thought he would be too shy in a group. Same goes for Undine. But I had to kind of give the RP a little push.

@Elysian: Thanks for the compliments, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2000 View Post
    I didn't mean to skip Asher, but assuming he didn't even speak to Keres when they were all alone, I just thought he would be too shy in a group. Same goes for Undine. But I had to kind of give the RP a little push.

@Elysian: Thanks for the compliments, lol.
    Asher would act very shy if he was presented with a situation like that, so his silence is normal. Now, if he knew the other people well, then he would "talk" quite a bit; the situation now is almost the exact opposite. He'll remain a silent helper until he grows comfortable. If anyone's character wants to talk to him, then they won't have much luck.

How quickly will the story progress after the inn? I'm going to be going to a couple of summer camps, so I might be missing for a couple of weeks. Of course, it will be a couple of months from now, so no immediate worries.

PM me before you add me

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast