Thread: Aloma pikachu - An unothodox VGC '13 team

Default Aloma pikachu - An unothodox VGC '13 team

Well folks, it seems that the fresh icelandic air has awoken my inner team building strategist. Well now for the story of the team:

I was thinking about what to use on my latest team (murkrow related) when my brother asked "what was that move that changes the targets type to water?" (he was talking about an experiance in the battle subway). Instantly it gave me an idea. So my brother and I (mainly me) developed the team.
        Spoiler:- Team building:

/MeDrizzle (Politoed) @ Wacan Berry
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 68 SAtk / 84 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm nature
    - Scald
    - Icy Wind
    - Perish Song
    - Protect

Scald is the main STAB, and burns more than it should do. Icy wind gives me speed control. Perish song is what makes this guy so dangerous. It makes this guy a siren (is that how to spell it?). with gothitelle, or to finish off the last two pokemon, it makes the for have to rush to KO gothitelle in time, or win the battle, is the last two pokemon. it took out a kingdra and amoonguss, to let me then destroy with kingdra (funnily enough, that guy was using the same team that this politoed came from: http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/hawa...team-analysis/ )protect is to stall out perish song. he has good synergu with nearly everything.

The EVS are one a nugget bridge user (Biosci) had on a politoed on his team (see above link). It let it be very bulky, but have some decent offence.
    EDIT see silver sharks post

Draco (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Muddy Water
    - Draco Meteor
    - Substitute
    - Protect

A standard sub dra. It was going to be a sub disable kingdra, but i tried it, but didn't like it. This is it pikachu and kingdra let it get up a sub before it faints. This lets it be immune to spore and other statuses, which is very useful, since it hates thunder wave, though with pikachu, it doesn't worry at all.

Hey, you! (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
    Trait: Lightningrod
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Thunderbolt
    - Encore
    - Protect

Well, here he is, the Pokemon mascot, PIKACHU!!! And this guy is one of the greatest pokemon. with lightningrod, it stops electric moves dead, and powers it up. Fake out gives good synergy with the team, letting them set up. Thunderbolt is its (in my opinion) its signature move. He has good synergy with everything, which is good. Encore is very usefull. encore the foe into protect, or another electric type move, and they can be sorry they battled. protect is to... well... protect itself... yeah... moving on.
    EVs are for power and speed, which are good, due to light ball doubling both att and sp att stats.

Pallendrome (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Hydration
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Wide Guard
    - Soak
    - Toxic
    - Rest

Well every team needs some support. Alomomola is a dangerous wall. Hydra-rest is so good, since it can take hits like there is no tomorrow, especially special hits. wide guard gives it good synergy with pikachu, who like the aid of earthquake immunity. Soak has had some good laughs here and there. I laughed at the confused look on the opponents face when their ferrothorn was hurt by sand. it lets it toxic everything, since steel and poison types lose their immunity.

EVs and item for walling and being just a bulky thing to destroy

Fashionist (Gothitelle) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 96 SAtk / 80 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Skill Swap
    - Protect
    - Energy Ball

This thing has a lot of utility. It can get back lost shadow tag, or give it to alomomola using skill swap, and it can withstand a lot of hits, with the bulky EVs. psyshock is STAB, and energy ball is for gastro, and other 4x weak stuff. Protect is still protect, but just to stall perish song.

EVs are to be a bulky mon to take down, so it can stall.

ClownPunk (Conkeldurr) @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Rock Slide
    - Protect

This is just a vanilla, pre-bw2 vgc conkeldurr set. EVs for power and bulk. Mach punch for revenge killing purposes and Drain punch for recovery. Rock slide give me a option for volcarona. Protect is to stall, and to activate burn orb

so there it is

Spoiler:- Importable:
    Last edited by philzone; 17th April 2013 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post

/MeDrizzle (Politoed) @ Wacan Berry
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 44 SAtk / 188 SDef / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Icy Wind
    - Perish Song
    - Protect

Scald is the main STAB, and burns more than it should do. Icy wind gives me speed control. Perish song is what makes this guy so dangerous. It makes this guy a siren (is that how to spell it?). with gothitelle, or to finish off the last two pokemon, it makes the for have to rush to KO gothitelle in time, or win the battle, is the last two pokemon. it took out a kingdra and amoonguss, to let me then destroy with kingdra (funnily enough, that guy was using the same team that this politoed came from: http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/hawa...team-analysis/ )protect is to stall out perish song. he has good synergu with nearly everything.

The EVS are one a nugget bridge user (Biosci) had on a politoed on his team (see above link). It let it be very bulky, but have some decent offence.
    Change the nature to Calm and change the defense EV's to 116 Def./ 84 Sp. Def.

Gives you the exact same defenses, but frees up 24 EV's that you can use as you please. The only reason to use Bold is if you're running an all out physically defensive set.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Change the nature to Calm and change the defense EV's to 116 Def./ 84 Sp. Def.

Gives you the exact same defenses, but frees up 24 EV's that you can use as you please. The only reason to use Bold is if you're running an all out physically defensive set.
    Sounds good. Looks like I'll stick em in sp att. Let it hit a little harder.