Thread: First ever VGC doubles team, help is GREATLY needed.

Default First ever VGC doubles team, help is GREATLY needed.

Hey all!

I finally decided to sign up for my first VGC (the one of this weekend) and after a lot of reading I decided to go for a Trick Room team, that has the possibility of switching to a team that abuses a sturdy level 1 Aron with Endeavor.

The team I have in mind consists out of the following, with a few pokemon I simply use as fillers because I could not think of better options even though I am sure there must be some available.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    172 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 56 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    Magic Guard
    -Trick Room
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow Ball

My Trick Room setter. I decided to go with Reuniclus over other pokemon with Trick Room because of his high speciall attack stat, which makes him viable as a special attacker once the Trick Room is used. Something that was needed in my team composition.

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Brave Nature
    Intimidate
    -Mach Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Detect
    -Fake out

This pokemon is one I plan to use in both my Trick Room and Endeavor abuse setups.
    I went for mostly priority attacks for two reasons. The first reason is simply to offset his low speed incase I fail to get Trick Room up. The second reason is to provide the best possible support with my Eneavor Aron, priority attacks minimize the risk of something going wrong while being powerful enough to finish off the pokemon that is weakened by Aron. Fake Out will be used to make sure only one pokemon will have the chance to try take my Aron out, which he will survive thanks to his Sturdy ability.

Rhyperior @ Shuca Berry
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Brave Nature
    Lightning Rod
    -Earthquake
    -Mega Horn
    -Rock Slide
    -Protect

My main physical sweeper of the team. Straight forward moveset with a broad coverage. Lightning Rod to protect his teammates from electric attacks and a Shuca Berry to help him survive earthquake.

Golduck @ Focus Sash
    252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
    Quiet Nature
    Cloud Nine
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Encore
    -Protect

I will be using Golduck as a counter to weather teams with his Cloud Nine ability. Hydro Pump and Ice Beam are his offensive moves, Encore will be used to attempt to get an enemy pokemon stuck in using non offensive moves and protect is in this moveset to keep him (and his weather counter) in the game for longer.

Aron @ Shell Bell
    No EV since he will be at level 1
    Brave Nature
    Sturdy
    -Endeavor
    -Sleep Talk
    -Toxic
    -Protect

The main goal of this Aron is to bring pokemon to his level of health with endeavor leaving his teammate with the possiblity of finishing them off. Shell Bell is used so he will heal to full health whenever he uses Endeavor, making him very hard to take down. Protect is used for stalling purposes, and Sleep Talk is something put in to not be helpless if put to sleep.

Weavile @ Expert Belt
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    Pickpocket
    -Fake Out
    -Ice Shard
    -Night Slash
    -Low Kick

Weavile will be Aron his main Fake Out assist with a priority move in Ice Shard. I went for high speed EV since I will never be using weavile in the Trick Room strategy, and to make him a very reliable Fake Out user.

This is my idea for my first VGC doubles team, any opinions about Changing natures, abilities, moves, or even flat out switch out pokemon will be greatly appreciated!

Go tackle over protect. it lets you not be taunt bait on aron.
    golduck: Use ice gem, go try to get a ohko on landorus
    All Hail Goomy