Thread: How are you supposed to level your pokemon up?

Default How are you supposed to level your pokemon up?

Obviously I know how to level my pokemon up, but how are you supposed to get them good enough for the elite 4??

Use the VS. Seeker against strong trainers.

Any suggestions on who?

Ace trainers since they're generally use strong pokemon but the VS Seeker is completely random so just go through them one by one and repeat.

I agree with Fearless. I also trained my team in Victory Road until they were around level 55, but I would advise the VS Seeker for more EXP.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Use it against the later route trainers. And make sure you've never missed a trainer.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

It says I'm not able to use the VS seeker in victory road though.. Any idea why?

You're unable to rematch trainers in caves and the like, unfortunately. I just went with grinding off the wild Pokemon, but I guess that'd be too slow.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Before I took on the E4, I trained on One Island, near the hot springs with all of the black belts and whatnot. Not only is the exp yield pretty good, there's plenty of attack EVs to be had. I ran everyone up to exactly lv 55, and I crushed the E4.

I think you're supposed to grind at Victory Road since it has the highest leveled wild Pokemon pre-Elite Four if I remember correctly. That's where I usually train although it really is a hassle to get your Pokemon tough enough for the Elite Four challenge, not to mention boring when you're stuck in a cave for hours at a time.

I rely myself fully on VS. seeker.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

i never missed a battle, if by the time they werent strong enough id train in victory road until they were decent enough if worst came to worst or i couldnt be bothered i just brought out the legendary birds and got em to lvl 55

Just use the VS. Seeker to challenge trainers over and over, the more you beat them and challenge them, the more they get stronger and you get more experience for beating them. If you don't know how to get one, you can get one at Vermillion City, just talk to the girl next to Nurse Joy.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

I battle either the E4 or the couple of cooltrainers on the southern tip of seven island. Plus, there's a rest house nearby, so it would be very convenient.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Elite Four. On every version launched by now, Elite Four is the best way to level up your team.

VS Seeker, Victory Road, or any of the first three Sevii Islands <.> :P
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I usually do it in Victory Road because there are high level pokemon in there. That or trainers in the later routes.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

Use the VS seeker if you want to get your Pokes at good levels. A good place I suggest to do that would be One Island because the trainers there give good exp and at least you can use it there. Also the Victory road is a good place if you haven't been there but if your finished, then the VS seeker is the way to go.
    - Nate the

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez Puf View Post
    Before I took on the E4, I trained on One Island, near the hot springs with all of the black belts and whatnot. Not only is the exp yield pretty good, there's plenty of attack EVs to be had. I ran everyone up to exactly lv 55, and I crushed the E4.
    This. There is also a hot spring right here that you can use to recharge.