2 2.13%
  • Tyson winning with Meowth

2 2.13%
  • Tobias winning with Darkrai and Latios

13 13.83%
  • Cameron winning with 5 Pokemon

51 54.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the worst way Ash lost a League?

Default What is the worst way Ash lost a League?

So as we know, Ash has lost in all the major Leagues he competed in but I think the ways he lost is what usually bothers the fandom. I don't think Tyson and Harrison will get votes in this poll but it seems like the other 3 ways Ash lost really got a lot of fans angry particularly the recent 2 Leagues. Tobias and Cameron have become hated because of it. So what do you think is the worst way Ash lost the League?

Well for me it would be this from the worst to least worst order.
    1.Cameron
    2. Ritchie
    3. Tobias
    4. Tyson
    5. Harrison
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Well for me it would be this from the worst to least worst order.
    1.Cameron
    2. Ritchie
    3. Tobias
    4. Tyson
    5. Harrison
    Exact same for me, but switch tyson and tobias.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Best to worst:
    #1: Harrison
    #2: Tyson
    #3: Ritchie
    #4: Cameron
    #5: Tobiass
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Cameron and Tobias pissed me off the most.

Harrison and Tyson were good fights and Charizard and pikachu got bested. Charizard lost due to Ash's immaturity in battle Flamethrower> dragon rage lol. Pikachu lost due to Tyson superior strategy against an opponent he couldn't beat head to head.

Ritchie was expected. Charizard was a douchebag in OS lol

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Looking back, Ash has had some pretty shoddy treatment in terms of getting knocked out the league. Though as others have said, at least Harrison and Tyson were good battles.

The losses to Ritchie or Cameron were just so stupid. With Tobias it was cheap but at least within the context of the situation it was acceptable. The fact that Ash lost due to his Charizard not even battling in a match that barely took up any episode time sucked hardcore when it should have been an epic battle. I will give that match a few measly points though, one because it was generation one and the writing for battles was very suspect anyway (to put it kindly), but another because it at least led to emotional development of Ash coming to terms with losing and his possible failures as a trainer.

But there is just no excuse for the Cameron battle, losing to five Pokemon, I don't really need to elaborate on that. Such a cop-out.

Worst to least?
    Cameron
    Tobias
    Ritchie
    Tyson
    Harrison

Harrison was obviously the more experienced and skilled trainer so it made sense that he would win same with Tyson.

Tobias. It was so unacceptable. The fight was good, but the context was god-awful.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Imo all his losses have been terrible, but his most recent loss against Cameron was the last straw tbh. I could handle Tobias beating Ash with just two Pokemon and even Charizard disobeying Ash and costing him the first League, but Cameron went beyond that and pretty much broke an important rule and was still allowed to compete and then win.

Best to worst:

Tobias> Harrison> Tyson> Ritchie> Cameron

Cameron lol. I don't get why someone would say Tobias's win against Ash was worse than Cameron's win against Ash. The 2v6 statement didn't really count, since Cameron just did a 3v6 in actual fact. Swanna and Ferrothorn are just fodders. Yeah, so Cameron gets the crown.

Tobias goes next. But I don't really mind, since it's still leagues better than Cameron's loss. Ritichie is giving a discount because, well, Ash got some emotional development, and the series was still in its infant stage. But 5 series into the anime and we're having Cameron... sucks.

So my ranking (worst to best)

Cameron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tobias > Ritchie > Tyson > Harrison

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I'm not saying Cameron wasn't bad, but Tobiass was just worse for me. He's literally just a Gary-Stu character created for the sole purpose of not letting Ash win. Like everyone else, I don't have a problem with Ash not winning, but when they craft an "uber hax0r" just as a plot device to get Ash to the next region...what else am I supposed to think?
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

The only thing is, Cameron's last pokemon almost for sire would have been watchog, which is arguably the weakest fully evolved pokemon of the generation, therefore prerty much wouldn't have given ash trouble at all.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I'm not saying Cameron wasn't bad, but Tobiass was just worse for me. He's literally just a Gary-Stu character created for the sole purpose of not letting Ash win. Like everyone else, I don't have a problem with Ash not winning, but when they craft an "uber hax0r" just as a plot device to get Ash to the next region...what else am I supposed to think?
    BAMBAMBAM!! This, so much this. Having Ash lose to Cameron is acceptable because he is just a regular trainer, nothing special to him. He's just like Ash (right down to mid-battle evolution hax). Tobias, on the other hand, was created to defeat Ash and for nothing else. There is literally nothing else redeeming about him. Would it of killed them to flesh him out even a little bit?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Tobias, on the other hand, was created to defeat Ash and for nothing else. There is literally nothing else redeeming about him. Would it of killed them to flesh him out even a little bit?
    And it really shows. It didn't help that they made him out to be this "almighty" trainer who defeated everyone with only Darkrai (how come no one even mentioned him until then?)

Charizard refusing to battle.

Edit: Haha why am I not suprised at the result
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 18th April 2013 at 6:55 PM.

I'm gonna be that one guy who says the lost to Harrison... If Charizard can beat a Blastoise, then it should in all reality beat a Blaziken. I don't care if Ash didn't know of it's species, the fact that it had 3 Fire moves and Quick Attack just screams Charizard advantage
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Charizard refusing to battle.
    I raged as a child when this happened. This is definitely my second pick.

I don't understand when people say that Tobias was an even worse way to lose than Cameron. With Tobias Ash at least defeated two legendary Pokemon and even though he lost he was the second best trainer in the league as no one else managed to beat Darkrai before. Not even the 8 gym leaders that Tobias swept with Darkrai. He also made Top 4.

In the Unova League he lost to a really scatterbrain trainer whom would be in Johto waiting for the Unova League. He lost against 5 pokemon. Technically 3 as Ferrothorn and Swanna
    were really dumb choices against Pignite and Pikachu. Ash only made Top 8 and it was obvious he was outclassed by the other trainers including Virgil and Dino.

Random : PokéRadar

Because no one wants to invest in a main character (I don't care about him, but others do), only for an uber noob to be thrown in just to curb stomp him. And in the end, him being 2nd best didn't really matter.

Ash's loss to Tobias was impressive as he took down two legendaries in battle.

Also Sceptile proved itself as Ash's second strongest powerhouse after Charizard.

The battle against Richie was a mess, but they were still kind of figuring out how to do battles so I don't hold it against them too much.

Other than that, I have to say Unova.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

I chose Ritchie.

Cameron is a close second, the thing is no matter how messed up Cameron's battle was, it still resembled a battle.

With Ash not commanding his Pokemon, and the horrible ways to lose a battle (outside of the legitimate Charizard disobedience) this one wasn't even close to a battle.

People are choosing Cameron because it happened now of all times.

Had something like Ritchie happened but in full battle terms happened now at this time, people would be more enraged.

Had the battle with Cameron happened at the Indigo league exactly, then no one would really care, it might be bad, but it might actually be 2nd or 3rd.

The battle with Ritchie will always be the worst battle ever in my opinion. If they could do a better job against Mandy, and the other Indigo trainer why the hell did they decide to flub up Ash's last battle.

I get that Ritchie was obviously inferior to Ash, but come on.

No battle will ever be as bad to me as Ritchie's was because it wasn't even a real battle. It was just some dancing choreography mess.

It honestly was so bad it was like Ritchie was directing the battle so he could win.

Ritchie: Okay Ash send out your disobedient Charizard so it can "beat" my Charmander (because it runs away), but you lose to my Pikachu and lose the battle.

Ash: *uncertain* I'm not sure about that, but okay.

People thought it was okay for Ash to lose with Charizard being disobedient, that's fine and everything but that wasn't the problem of the battle, that just added onto a very bad to begin with battle.

Take Ash vs Harrison but place it in the Indigo League, had a battle like that happened but Charizard was disobedient, and that's why Ash lost, sure it may be infuriating and everything for Ash to lose like that but at least the rest of the battle could make up for that infuriating but acceptable possibility.

So while I chose the Ritchie option, I didn't choose it because disobedient Charizard, because if I was forced to choose I would take disobedient but really good battle, over the horrible mess battle with only 5 Pokemon.

But I would rather choose the battle flow like it did with Cameron than that horrible mess that was "Ash vs Ritchie"
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I actually don't really have an opinion. I'm surprised Tobias didn't get as much hate as I thought when first seeing this thread, and, yell at me all you want, Tobias was my favorite rival. Granted he did have one of my favorite Pokemon, so I liked him because of that.

Though Cameron's was pretty bad... He wasn't even that smart of a trainer.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

1 ritchie
    2 tobias
    3 harrison
    4 tyson
    5 cameron
    the first league was just a joke really, charizard would be able to beat ritchie easy, and no matter how hard he could have tried, charizard wouldn't have been KOed, bad call by the ref. charizard was blatantly just waiting for the other pokemon to wear itself out before flicking it away

tobias cos he was using legendary pokemon which i dont think is a fair call cos in the anime theyre about 10 times stronger than they are in the games

harrison cos he was using blaziken and hoenn pokemon which give him an advantage as ash doesnt have a clue what they are, although when ash uses foreign pokemon in leagues everyone knows what they are and how to beat them for some reason

tyson was fair enough, tough battle but pikachu's thunderbolt should be stronger with STAB and the fact that pikachu is unparalleled in electric strength

cameron was all fair if you ask me, yes the league was bad, cameron was bad and ash should have done better but even if cameron had 6 pokemon he still would have won so it makes no difference. no legendary pokemon, all fully evolved once lucario was around - and a lucario should easily beat a pikachu. i do admit that it was a terrible battle though

although, the best battles were tobias, harrison and tyson so not too annoyed about ash being bested by them. just ritchie really annoys me
    Last edited by broomstig; 19th April 2013 at 12:50 AM.
    On Hiatus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast