Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals! (783)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why do people start believing the scenes in the openings? Scenes from the openings never make it into the anime.
    Because we knew the Reshiram battle was coming, so this particular event (Of course drawn and animated differently, not copy&pasted from the opening) could have happened.

Ok, this sure was one of the most underwhelming conclusions for an arc in the entire pokemon series.
    Team Plasma was easily defeated, just have Pikachu attack Colress' machine while controlled by it. Ignore the fact that he couldn't avoid attacking Ash while controlled one episode ago and make it immune to it now. Yeah, that's brillant. -.-

Charizard didn't appear at all in this episode. I was kind of expecting the Reshiram battle not to happen, but I can't believe he didn't appear in this episode. Like, why the hell Krookodile and not Charizard?

The only good things about this episode are Team Rocket coming back to their old selves again and Charizard still not leaving. I really hope Charizard get to do something important in DA!, other way his return would be a completely annoying dissapointment.

Ghetsis, the first villainous leader to get arrested in the anime.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Oh wow, I thought Ash and Pikachu were just plain awesome! After Pikachu snaps Reshiram out of Colress's control to break his machine it all falls apart for; him, Ghetsis and Team Plasma finally falls!! :O

Also, I got to say N's good bye wasn't as upsetting as I thought it'd be! Maybe, its 'cause N returns and travels with Ash again?!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Not necessarily. He could have had darumaka,/darmanitan, growlithe/arcanine, and zroark as his friends, but just not battle with them. He had pokemon in both games too.
    Or they could fight to help him and he wouldn't order them. In addition to not participating in any Trainer battle (the casual kind).

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I really want "Corless' getting trolled" face on my computer now, i swear i could just stare and laugh for days at how funny it is.
    Colress was awesome, I'm dissapointed he's gone. Him getting so excited while they were all getting arrested was one of Best Wish's funnier moments.

First the Good: I liked Iris being resourceful and the role everyone played in getting Ash and Pikachu close to the machine and then capturing TP at the end. I don't know what N was saying but he seemed to have turned a corner in terms of his character. Meowth finally doing some damage was cool (did they mention that Colress's machine made him permanently stronger? Because I'd love to see him be more active as a Pokemon and actually get a good moveset.)

Now the Bad: First of all, Reshiram. It did nothing. It had that one big attack at the beginning and eventually helped Pikachu take out the machine. This is the legendary Pokemon this whole arc has been building to, not having it fight Charizard or anyone for that matter was really lame. Secondly, Pikachu going into God mode, fighting off two direct blasts from Colress's Mind Control machine, and then doing enough damage to Reshiram to override the machine went overboard. We know that Ash and Pikachu have a super-special bond, we don't need to be reminded every five minutes. It shows what little they've done with Ash's other Pokemon, with how much they've been spamming Pikachu here and at the League.

Where I think they really missed out was not having this be the finale for Team Rocket. They had a perfect out for them to join Looker with the Secret Police, then they could come back once and a while for major events. Unfortunately I'm guessing the producers are too scared to get Team Rocket out of the show. But the fact is they've done just about everything they can do with them.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

I still need to see this one because the photos have me confused. Regardless, it's not really disappointing to me because I totally expected it to be.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Spoiler:- Quote Rant:

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode, the things that I loved/liked were.

- Ash's thinking in this episode, telling Pikachu what to do.

- N's talking and when he fought with the grunts.

- The Pokemon that were used to battle.

- Meowth protecting Pikachu and Ash.

- Team Rocket protecting Iris.

- James's sad face when Jessie and Meowth were happy about Looker.

- Colress and Ghetsis.

- The grunts trying to stop Ghetsis.

- Cedric.

- Team Plasma being frozen and arrested.

- Reshiram going crazy.

- Individual goodbyes/endings to the people that were apart of the arc, Team Rocket, Team Plasma, Cedric, Looker and N and his sisters.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Playerking, I was only half-kidding. But you have to admit they have been acting more like their old selves than their BW selves. Not that I'm complaining, I like the way they are acting now.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

That was the worst Episode N episode imo. I predicted that the finale would be on par with the Team Aqua/Magma finale, and that's essentially what we got imo. All that build up and the whole Team Plasma arc ended so predictably and rushed that it makes me question why I even bothered following this arc to begin with. I thought N got so little screen-time here that they should have renamed this arc Episode Colress instead. Speaking of which, seeing him and Ghetsis get arrested after all the chaos they caused didn't feel right. They deserved a worse fate than that; why couldn't the writers repeat what they did to Hunter J and give these villains their just deserts? But no, they get to go to jail and leech off the system even though their crimes were way too big to overlook so easily. Whatever. I'm just upset at how easily those guys got off. I also disliked how Pikachu got mind controlled for like the fifth time since the finale started and I was disappointed with how Reshiram just sort of flew away when everything was over. Team Rocket's alliance with Ash was just the usual "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing that we'll probably see again in the future. Meowth was cool since he got to do something for once, but it was another instance of too little, too late imo. Also, where was that epic Charizard vs. Reshiram battle that we were promised? Seriously, this arc was so poorly handled imo, but at least I saw it coming this time. I give this episode two and a half kisses out of ten.

Not to mention that Zekrom gets practically nothing outside of zapping Pikachu 'cause it's fun to do it, and I highly doubt it went on vacation to the islands.

It's like N making a big deal of Ash meeting Zekrom before failed to make a point in his ideals. N, you're ideally wrong with Ash in the bad way.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I actually liked this episode. It had it's funny moments and it's interesting moments. I really enjoyed seeing Meowth behave like a competent Pokemon. I'm not upset that we didn't see Charizard, tbh it at least stops the discussion about Charizard "holding his own" against Reshiram. It didn't need that rep boost. I doubt Illusion Entei counts in the anime so his only real legendary win is Articuno.

Random : PokéRadar

Why, for some reason, did I expect N to fly off with Reshiram? Of course it wasn't going to happen but the set up from the previous episodes made me wish they had formed more of a bond. Need to stop raising my expectations for Best Wishes...

Also, did I hear the Professor and his team talking about the "Ice Ruins"!? Nice way to keep him happy, even though we'll never see it.

...Wott?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mijumarukun View Post
    Also, did I hear the Professor and his team talking about the "Ice Ruins"!? Nice way to keep him happy, even though we'll never see it.
    This is the most interesting piece that I'm surprised not that many people are talking about. If it exists, there's a chance. But we'll probably never see it.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Why the heck does Zekrom have to be here? He had his part in previous episodes whereas Reshiram got nothing. Zekrom wasn't in the tiles, summaries, trailers or pictures for these episodes? So did you really expect Zekrom to be here? I'm glad he wasn't, I think that would have made that a bit too cluttered.
    I don't know if we're watching the same anime, but please enlighten me, where was Zekrom's part in what episodes and what it has done in Best Wishes? Appeared in the first episode and then completely got removed from the plot.

And yes, i know that Zekrom wasn't in titles, summariers, trailers or pictures for this arc. But that's what im complaining about in the first place. It SHOULD have been there. Add some epic battle with Ghetsis controlling Kyurem and there you have it.
    Last edited by Nightstar1994; 19th April 2013 at 3:11 PM.

I actually like that Zekrom didn't show up. I like it when the anime branches from the games' story.

But I think the writers did good by bringing up Zekrom in the first episode of EN. It really helped them introduce N as a parallel to Ash. Ash is related to Zekrom, N is related to Reshiram. N wants people to not fight with Pokemon, Ash wants to be a Pokemon master. These are points I wanted them to bring up in the anime when I first finished B&W.

But I'll admit I wanted Zekrom to be brought up again but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I actually like that Zekrom didn't show up. I like it when the anime branches from the games' story.

But I'll admit I wanted Zekrom to be brought up again but oh well.
    mind=blown

And the Ice Ruins pretty much will never appear. Just a random mention of something that's sadly irrevelant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    mind=blown
    Yeah, that came of as bi-polar. I guess I'm just indifferent lol.

In a way, I'm annoyed that we didn't get to see Charizard VS Reshiram and I don't think that it was a good move for the writers to use the opening credits to hype us up like that but I do agree about the fact that despite his seven year absence, bringing back Charizard was just a stunt pulled to try and increase the ratings. In a sense I am happy that Charizard's presence is not getting in the way of some much needed development to Ash's Unova team but I hope that his return doesn't come to nothing unlike Dawn's. The least the writers could probably do is either put Charizard into some kind of tournament during DA or finally show case Blast Burn but I don't think that either those will happen but only time will tell.

It will be interesting to see the ratings for this episode.
    PBR FC: 1677-2845-1873
    WHITE FC: 1162-9523-2296

I am ready to battle (GMT & BST) as and when required, please send me a mesage with your FC so we can arrange a battle.

Rules: Auto Lv.50 (for now), any number of Pokemon and any battle type.

I will admit, I found this episode actually decent personally. Good thing I didn't trust the opening since those never turn our true. The scene where Colress's machine was trolled and broken was actually funny to me, seeing Pikachu getting pissed off and stop him. Only little complaint I have is no Zekrom appearing, of course there is always DA for that. Overall I give it a 7.2/10

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I actually liked this episode. It had it's funny moments and it's interesting moments. I really enjoyed seeing Meowth behave like a competent Pokemon. I'm not upset that we didn't see Charizard, tbh it at least stops the discussion about Charizard "holding his own" against Reshiram. It didn't need that rep boost. I doubt Illusion Entei counts in the anime so his only real legendary win is Articuno.
    I don't think Charizard needed a "rep boost" either, but it's like why was Charizard brought back in the first place if he didn't even get to face off against a tough opponent like Reshiram? I was afraid that he would hog too much screen-time but now the opposite has happened; he's not doing anything worth mentioning. It's really disappointing because he's taking up a slot on Ash's team that could be used for another Pokemon. I don't mean to sound bipolar or anything, but I dislike the fact that all that hype was for nothing.

But he's taking up Unfezant's spot. Are we really missing that much?

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    But he's taking up Unfezant's spot. Are we really missing that much?
    Well, it is the regional bird, and it deserves as much screen time as possible because it will be at oak's lab forever after this.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Well, it is the regional bird, and it deserves as much screen time as possible because it will be at oak's lab forever after this.
    Maybe that explains why it had two or three episodes being the pokemon to take down Team Rocket's pokemon. That's its last two appearances. It's better than Scraggy, Palpitoad or Leavanny whom have not appeared post league yet.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    If people think Charizard can stand against Reshiram after watching the OP song, then they are making a fool of themselves. Remember DP? Did Cynthia's Garchomp do anything against Dialga and Palkia?

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast