Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals! (783)

I was expecting them to play up on the Charizard thing more as it appeals to the teenage American boy audience but personally I'm not arsed either way. Ash has a whole bunch of newer Pokemon native to the Unova region I'd much rather see developed. Sounds like Team Rocket were good though, will look forward to seeing this one!

i loved seeing team rocket in this episode, for the love of god, but it's about time we saw some personality, hopefully the old team rocket returns forever and we forget the mistake that happened
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

This episode has really proven to me that this 3 parter should have been named Team Plasma VS Ash, N, & TRioL because they're the only ones that actually did anything really. Cilan and Iris did try to do something but just ended up getting smashed and captured.

You had Meowth going all Jackie Chan on the Liepard
    Team Ash VS Colress' Manipulated Gang
    N doing his talk no jutsu
    And Looker doing what Looker does best

But really though, this entire White Ruins climax has really just felt like Ash has been doing all the work. Because it wasn't N who we all thought would bring Reshiram back to her senses, it was Ash and Pikachu. Team Ash have just not been disappointing these past 2 episodes.

No it was N, that taked to Reshiram and calmed him down not Satoshi.

Anyone else thinks that this climax was too short? I wouldn't mind if it was a special, 40 minute episode (Nobody would cry due to lack of Naruto Shippuuden's filler episode).

And BTW: The best part was when N threw these two Plasma Grunts, haha.

Talk of Kyurem and we're likely never gonna see it (in the anime)... nice :\
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This whole N arc just disappointed me halfway through. N14 being what it is, meh.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

This episode was just amazing. TRio and Looker were just awesome, and Meowth was a complete badass. One of my favorite parts was when Looker asks for TRio help. "Only you can do this". (almost exact words from the english sub vid I watched). And the part when team rocket say, "We are the real main characters!" When that part came around I said to myself, "Yes, TR, to me you are". I personally don't understand why everyone's complaining about Charizard not going up against Reshiram. I don't mind. This episode was just perfect the way it was. Epic, awesome, suspenseful. Nothing needed to be changed. The writers did a really good job on the past few episodes and this one was no different.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    i loved seeing team rocket in this episode, for the love of god, but it's about time we saw some personality, hopefully the old team rocket returns forever and we forget the mistake that happened
    Mistake? Oh, gosh no. If Team Rocket turns completely back to the losers they once were, the series wouldn't be half as great as best wishes was. Seriously TRio is one of the main reasons why I love best wishes so much. My favorite characters in the show turn into the epic villians that I've always wished them to be. They didn't force them into every episode when they weren't needed. And who wants the same old "they come, they get electricuted, they blast off" plot? You want comedy releif? Ash's pokemon usually provide that. Team Rocket were suppose to be villians from the beginning and should be kept that way. Writers, you better not mess up Team Rocket in the Kalos regoin.

Well, that's that for episode n in the dub. Time for Da, yay.....
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

it might just be me but reshiram sounded like a cross between a dragon and a loon

Well, at least the dub opening doesn't tease us with Charizard vs Reshiram WHICH DID NOT HAPPEN!

Did this episode cut off for anyone else? Around the time Pikachu was being controlled it just went black for the rest of the episode

Great conclusion for the Episode N arc. Team Plasma's arrested and everything's alright. Though I felt Zekrom should have been in this arc and fought Reshiram or something; oh well. Now I'm looking forward to the Decolora Arc in the next episode.

lol at Coreless when they were being taken away, I think the guy lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Well, at least the dub opening doesn't tease us with Charizard vs Reshiram WHICH DID NOT HAPPEN!
    Anime do this all the time. No idea what you were shocked. Half the time the things we see in Naruto or Bleach ops don't always happen. Is it annoying? Yes.

wow reshiram was strong!! and great ending to the arc, sucks that N is leaving :/ and looker , we'll see looker again hopefully! and now pumped for the decelora arc!!

N, stop glorifying Ash and Pikachu's bond, please. Technically speaking, Electro Ball messed up the beam when it hit.

Besides the fact the title fails to convey one of the two themes because of Zekrom's absence, the only surprising scene I found was Meowth being all badass. He's so close to evolving into Persian now!

Screw the Ice Ruins, give me Reversal Mountain.

Definitely one of the best Best Wishes episodes.

Why they replaced TR's Unova theme during the motto? There was no reason to use their Sinnoh theme again

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Why they replaced TR's Unova theme during the motto? There was no reason to use their Sinnoh theme again
    Probably because TR hasn't used that music for such a long time and don't use it in DA! so the dubbing company didn't think it made much sense to bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Probably because TR hasn't used that music for such a long time and don't use it in DA! so the dubbing company didn't think it made much sense to bring it back.
    Well I guess that makes sense, I just don't get why they even made such a decision. Shouldn't they just translate the dialogue and keep it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Well I guess that makes sense, I just don't get why they even made such a decision. Shouldn't they just translate the dialogue and keep it at that?
    I am sure a lot of anime fans would love that but that's never the case with anime. The Pokémon dub's music doesn't always match the original's music.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    TPCi never replaces the original music with a different piece of Japanese music. This is an unusual case.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    TPCi never replaces the original music with a different piece of Japanese music. This is an unusual case.
    Unless AgentPierce's theory about the postponed episodes being pushed back because of XY's release is right and that's why TPCi changed the music back to the Sinnoh theme.

Although i enjoyed this ep, it wasn't as climatic as I thought it would be for a couple reasons.

-The whole Team Rocket/Looker collab was REALLY short, i thought it was gonna be something that would build up over the course of a few episodes. The Japanese dub made it seemed so interesting.

-The N and Ghethis interacting was really lacking. I guess TPTB didn't wanna follow their connection from the games but I expected more between them.

-Pikachu able to fight off Colress's control but not a Legendary Pokemon like Reshiram? Really?

-I too thought there was gonna be a Reshiram VS Charizard battle like in the Japanese opening, but that didn't happen either. It didn't even appear in the ep. SO far Charizard's return is lackluster.

-And the ending felt too rushed. Didn't seem like a special farewell regarding one of the anime's most interesting characters, N.

I hate that this arc ended. 1 of my top favorites. Honestly I'm not really looking forward to the next arc. FRom what I heard, it's kinda boring with a Johto-esqe vibe to it and I was NOT a fan of Johto.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast