Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Villains

Default The Villains

Hey guys! We just saw the conclusion of the N Episode Saga...and I have to ask "Did you guys like how the anime have been treating the evil organizations?" (Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galactic, Team Plasma and even Hunter J) if is not how or what could you change? Could it be better if they (writers) follow the game story?

* In my opinion Team Rocket should have received more attention in Kanto & Johto with a proper Arc's (Like the radio station), Team Magma and Aqua were Ok!, Team Galactic should have appear in valley windwork just like the games and finally Team Plasma appear in BW season 1 with the story line of the first game (I know about the earthquake...but they could have remade the episodes and follow the story line)

I think it's fair to say that if you're an evil team that doesn't have "Rocket" in it, you'll be screwed out of screentime except for maybe 10 or so episodes.

If you're an evil team that DOES have "Rocket" in it, you'll get too much screentime.

EDIT: And the only three members who ever appear will get dumbed down and given so many sympathy points that even King Dedede would be as evil as the devil by comparison. And when they finally DO get more villain points, they'll slip back into their old barely-qualify-as-bad-people selves.
    Last edited by Spin Attaxx; 18th April 2013 at 5:47 PM.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I think it's fair to say that if you're an evil team that doesn't have "Rocket" in it, you'll be screwed out of screentime except for maybe 10 or so episodes.

If you're an evil team that DOES have "Rocket" in it, you'll get too much screentime.
    Too bad it only applies to the Trio. Other interesting TR members (Hun and Attila, Prof. Sebastian) don't get so much love. Their newest recruit got written out of the show pretty fast. And Professor Namba got turned into a comic relief character.

The only decent ones are Plasma and Galactic.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I barely remember Team Magma and Aqua in the anime, so that should tell us something about them.

I wish the anime would take their villains more seriously like how the games do it. I know it's a kids' show, but you can still have really evil villains who we know do evil things, and we've seen them do evil things, and it'd still be a show for kids. I don't know why it is the Pokémon anime appears to just downplay them. While I haven't been watching the anime since it moved to cable, I have seen bits and pieces of Cyrus, and he seems to take after his game counterpart fairly enough. Ghetsis I think still acts the same, but I haven't seen him in action like I did with Cyrus, so I can't say for sure. Giovanni seems to be really the only other evil person in the show, and he's proved to be a threat. He's probably more compelling in the anime than he was in the games, and I wish the anime would do that more with their villains. They go out of their way to make the villains in the movies evil, so why not the series itself?

So... from what I do remember from way back in the day, Team Rocket as a whole is as close to their game counterpart as can be, maybe even Galactic and Plasma. The fact I can't remember Team Aqua and Magma being in the anime should be a testament in itself that unless they've been following Ash and friends around every episode, they're just left to be background characters who managed to push themselves into the spotlight for a few lines. It's pretty disappointing.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Yup, liked Galatic and Hunter J in DP and liked BW TR and TP, Magma/Aqua I wasn't that into the story at the time, I watch it when I basicly knew what would happen instead of following it but it felt weak anyway.

Hunter J was the best villain though. She actually tried to kill Ash several times. Giovanni should have tried doing that in the Therian formes episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Hunter J was the best villain though. She actually tried to kill Ash several times. Giovanni should have tried doing that in the Therian formes episodes.
    He told Melloeta that if she didn't come with him he would smash Satoshi and Pikachu in that cube thing I believe and Ghetsis just ordered Reshiram to burn them kids this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    He told Melloeta that if she didn't come with him he would smash Satoshi and Pikachu in that cube thing I believe and Ghetsis just ordered Reshiram to burn them kids this week.
    Too bad that both of them actually only talked about it, while Hunter J actually tried to kill him. Hey, atleast always something. I know the actual killing motive is of course not common in the Pokemon world, but villains need to be threatening.

Team Magma/Aqua were the worst handled, unless you count what Team Rocket was in Kanto/Johto where we didn't even see Giovanni most of the time and no Silph Company or RBY/GSC plots at all.

No, if Team Rocket had left after Johto, than the other villians would have gotten better treatment and more screentime. If Team Rocket wasn't in BW we could have gotten the way better N and Team Plasma plot from the BW1 games instead of the BW2/kinda generic Team Plasma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

i think it would work better to give the villains of each region the spotlight, rather than them and team rocket. i also wanted some of them to be more... evil. they never seem to be that threatening. i know it's a kids show, but if they were a bit more evil then it would be more interesting. i'm not sure if i want the same story as the games, but definitely similar.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I don't like it how in each saga 95% of the villainous plots focus on TR and the other villainous teams get maybe 5% of the villain plots. I wish they could balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Too bad that both of them actually only talked about it, while Hunter J actually tried to kill him.
    Giovanni actually began crushing Ash in the laser box and only stopped once Meloetta gave in.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Giovanni and Cyrus had every intention to destroy Ash and Pikachu however, they used them as bargaining chips just in case the lake trio or meloatta didnt cooperate. Hunter J was the best villian by far not only did Ash vow to destroy her and I mean destroy her he called No mercy or her multiple times. J actually stirred Ash's rage something no other villian has done. J also wanted Ash dead when she was hunting that Riolu she burned the forest down to flush them out dropped a tree on him and had salamance cast flamethrower on top of him. She was ruthless which is why she is the first human death in the anime.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Giovanni actually began crushing Ash in the laser box and only stopped once Meloetta gave in.
    Do you think Giovanni might be against killing? I mean wouldn't it have been smart of him to kill Ash and Pikachu once he caught Meloetta. Why did he keep them alive?

I like the villains. I was glad the arc ended with Ghetsis and Colress being arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Do you think Giovanni might be against killing? I mean wouldn't it have been smart of him to kill Ash and Pikachu once he caught Meloetta. Why did he keep them alive?
    No, once he had Meloetta in the temple he threatened them once again to intimidate Meloetta into not resisting.

Of course, you could also believe there are other reasons, but he did actually still need them held.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    No, once he had Meloetta in the temple he threatened them once again to intimidate Meloetta into not resisting.

Of course, you could also believe there are other reasons, but he did actually still need them held.
    That makes sense. You would think though that perhaps having Zager kill crush Ash and Pikachu once the temple was activated might have been the right move. You do have to wonder that perhaps Giovanni is not the murdering type. In the anime, anyway.

The only villain I thought they did well with was Hunter J, Pokemon seems confused what to do with these type of guys in a kids show.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Hunter J was by far the best, she was always a threat and you knew it was going to be good. The way she happily ejected some of her co-horts and burned a forest to get Ash in the open, it was ruthless.

Team Galactic were good as they too seemed strong and I liked how they teamed up with J.

Can't comment on Plasma as I haven't watched them but they seemed good.

I enjoyed the Aqua/Magma story but they didn't seem quite as dangerous.

Team Rocket speak for themselves, although I enjoyed the recent BW mini arcs.
    Kanto: (x30)
    Orange Islands:
    Johto:
    Hoenn:
    Battle Frontier:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova:

WHO WILL BE NEXT?

I liked all the teams except for Aqua :[

But yeah it would have been a little better if they followed the game story, especially for Ginga-dan I thought I was going to see some rivalry between the two girls but it didn't happen or the actual distortion world like in the movie. It never happened but nonetheless I like their anime portrayal.

Magma-dan's leader was the same in both anime and games. Naive but a bit sympathetic. Same with Aqua.

Rocket-dan, I've been thinking they should go with the game storyline. However, I've always thought and said that Kojiro and Musashi should take a little break and have Apollo and Athena take their places. (thinking about it is making me laugh but they should do it). It would be very interesting since they have different personalities.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Do you think Giovanni might be against killing?
    I don't think Giovanni is against killing. He threatened Mewtwo with death, both to him (even though it would just cost him more money to get another clone) and his superclones, in Mewtwo Returns. And he was willing to destroy an environment which meant possibly killing Pokémon. So he would've killed Ash or anyone opposing him if he really wanted to. He knows he has the money to get away with murder, so who's to say he hasn't killed people in the past?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I think they need to adapt the games a bit more accurately. In DPP, you meet Galactic as early as Jubilife City. They're established as being a threat early on. The anime just ignores them for the longest time, it's ridiculous.

I can't quite make the same complain about Best Wishes though, since Team Rocket were seemingly the main villains until the Pokémon League, and they were established and their plans developed from the start.

The big Team Rocket plot that should happen after Da islands and before XY should will be Team Rocket's ultimate plan and their downfall.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast