Thread: Random matchup team

Default Random matchup team

Trying to decide which other pokemon would be hepful for my team. So far I have:
    Hitmonlee
    Vaporeon
    Will any of the following be beneficial to my team:
    Blissey
    Cryogonal
    Crobat
    Milotic
    If none of these would help, just name some that you think would help this team. Thanks.
    -------White Fc: 1807 7787 5248 Ben. Pearl Fc: 4685 3244 9271 also Ben. Always looking for shinies.-------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------I can sovle the Rubik's Cube in 40 seconds, can you?----------------------------------
    --------------------------I'm the proud owner of a 63' Vw Bug. Ask me about it.--------------------------

Blissey is always beneficial i would go for eithier bold or gentle nature and make a complete brick wall, I'm not feeling milotic though since you already have Vaporeon but it could work if you compensate for water's weaknesses, the worry about this team is that it would face a mono type electric team or an electric heavy team that could be trouble.
    I'm wondering what movesets and natures you plan to make this team have? Or haven't you thought that hard into it yet? I think the team needs a powerful ground type, if you plan on using Cryogonal, vaporeon and milotic maybe Gliscor would be good or Haxorous (i didn't want to be like everyone else but he would suit this team.)

I like that you chose hitmonlee over hitmonchan you just don't see the kicker too much in battling anymore.
    Pearl FC 2279-8595-3172 Team:
    Heartgold FC 4556-1985-1786 Team:
    Black 2 FC 1765-2751-6586 Current Team:

I do pokemon trades too if you need a certain pokemon I may be able to help PM me
    It's Evaluation time *clicks fingers*

Alright, I think I'll use the Blissey. Also here are the detailed states of the team so far:
    Hitmolee
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: High Jup Kick, Mach Punch, Stone Edge, Blaze Kick
    Vaporeon
    Nature: Bold
    Moves: Wish, Toxic, Scald, Protect
    Blissey
    Nature: Bold
    Moves: Aromatherapy, Toxic, Softboiled, Seimic Toss
    May use the haxorus I have one that might work pretty well.
    So, how about any of these for the ground type:
    Steelix
    Ryperior
    Golem
    Sandslash

To: PkmnBreeder Pride, Yeah I always liked Hitmonlee as a kid a lot more than Hitmonchan, so I decided to ake a team based around him.
    -------White Fc: 1807 7787 5248 Ben. Pearl Fc: 4685 3244 9271 also Ben. Always looking for shinies.-------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------I can sovle the Rubik's Cube in 40 seconds, can you?----------------------------------
    --------------------------I'm the proud owner of a 63' Vw Bug. Ask me about it.--------------------------

Ok, hmmmm I'm not feeling blissey for this team now, Because Vaporeon and Blissey both are doing the same job. Plus i don't think Blissey can learn Seismic Toss (haven't checked though. Its cool if it can.)
    I like Vaporeon the set looks fine you could have either Wish, Aqua Ring or Acid Armour (To beat thunderpunch.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben6239
    So, how about any of these for the ground type:
    Steelix
    Ryperior
    Golem
    Sandslash
    The thing is if you use Blissey...... Steelix, Ryperior and Golem are going to leave you weak to fighting and I'm feeling if you meet Hitmonchan (ironic.) were looking at an instant mach punch wipe especially if Steelix is chosen.

I love all those ground types:
    Steelix- is a great Hazard setter Pusedo Hazer with Roar and Stealth Rock.
    Ryperior- Is a power house nuff said.
    Golem- isn't seen so much but has his charms.
    Sandslash- Has great claws, Great claws usally means great coverage (with Dragon claw, Shadow Claw, X-Scissor.) And also i think it learns Rapid Spin, and since in competitve battles hazards is what the cool kids are doing that move could ruin there fun. (What a waste of 3 or 4 moves if a rapid spiner comes and wrecks the party, kinda reminds me of that Jim Carrey movie Liar Liar "Here she comes to wreck the day." Lol.)

If your going Blissey I feel you can't go with another fighting type weakness otherwise you will have to overcompensate, at least in your first three pokemon you have two or all pokemon weak to one type (unless you are mono typing then you know full well about that types weaknesses.) Otherwise your next two pokemon will have to be Psychic and Flying types, and if you use a flying type your going to have to counter electric. If this appeals to you go for it, but when i'm building a team i have my favorites which i like to pick from i don't want to feel tied down by overcompensating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben6239
    To: PkmnBreeder Pride, Yeah I always liked Hitmonlee as a kid a lot more than Hitmonchan, so I decided to ake a team based around him.
    I don't blame you, I like to make teams that use pokemon I like over the more OU counter parts, i find a team can become less predictable that way I don't know if i feel mach punch and hi jump kick though. It could work but i feel the coverage isn't there. Maybe Bulk-up and mach punch or since Lee is the kicker leave the punching to hitmonchan and go with something that improves Lee's coverage like Earthquake, Return or Feint (to hit those protectors.)

I do pokemon trades too if you need a certain pokemon I may be able to help PM me

Ben6329, put the moveset on the first post, not on the middle of the thread

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine
    Ben6329, put the moveset on the first post, not on the middle of the thread
    I think that might have been my fault Shine my friend, here.

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnBreeder Pride
    I'm wondering what movesets and natures you plan to make this team have?
    I shall make sure to tell people to post it on the first post in future

Ok, I see your point. Let's go back to Hitmonlee and vapereon. I like the idea of using sandslash with rapid spin to get rid of that pesky leech seed. In your opinion, what should I ev train him in?
    Also, since I plan on using this team in double battles mostly, I really only need to decide on one more pokemon.
    I chose hitmonlee's moveset because it's what is known as a life orb attacker. So, to cover the protectors I'll have sandslash know earthquake.
    Also, to take out fighters like hitmonchan could I possibly use exeggutor, or would that be a bad idea?

To Shine, Sorry, about that, I won't make that mistake again in the future.