Thread: RMT bros also need a 6th

Default RMT bros also need a 6th

Replaying through White.

Have-

Samurott lvl 37
    Razor Shell, Surf, Water Pulse, idk

Weavile lvl 40
    Ice Shard, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Shadow Ball (for a ghost move, what would be a suitable non STAB Physical?)

Excadrill lvl 38
    Slash, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Sandstorm (Sand Rush)

Musharna lvl 39
    Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, not sure

Shiftry lvl 42
    Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Synthesis

The Shiftry is shiny, but it looks horrid with red skin lmao at least it sparkles.

Thinkin bout importing my Machamp or my Dusknoir not sure which one to unleash. Also taking any suggestions to round this team out.
    Last edited by bleak; 19th April 2013 at 7:49 AM.

Read the rules, you need to put their movesets as well

It doesn't even need to be the planned moveset, the current moveset will do, as long as there's something to rate.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

s'all done, boss.

Thumbs up

I like this team great coverage all round.

Samurott- What about Samurott with ice beam (I always like putting ice moves on water types, not only does it increase coverage against grass, it's cosmetic feel clinches it for me (it makes me think the water type is more mystical, like a contest in the anime))

Weavile- is a great addition but i'm not feeling shadow ball if i was to choose, i would choose shadow claw, its a physical attack so it powers up from swords dance and also Weavile's attack stats are so much superior to its special attack (a bottom value hindering nature attack stat beats Weaviles top special attack with benificial nature) that there really is no point giving it a special move, plus with swords dance no one can power there defence with moves so that they can sponge the damage. However consider putting X-scissor on Weavile it would then give you extra coverage over dark types and give musharna a much easier time.

Excadrill- is pretty sound maybe a different move instead of slash, shadow claw maybe or drill run at lvl 55 or fissure (Consider switching to hone claws over swords dance if you pick this.) or even more weird (since i never knew excadrill could learn this) aerial ace.

Musharna- whats Musharna's other move if you don't mind me asking because i'm feeling nightmare but that was a previous evo move you won't be able to get it if you missed it. If you missed it not to worry you can place shadow ball on Musharna Or a wierd move like torment, attract or substitute (but i'm not too sure about that.)

Shiftry- I can't complain with that move set its great to see solar beam, maybe you could get a power herb for him/her.

And your last team member in my eyes really don't make too much of a difference, just choose a pokemon you like, your coverage is already there, fantastic team.

(Sorry if you don't agree with my choices this is a first RMT i have ever done. This is just what i would do personally.)

Edit: dont get another Dark, Grass or Psychic type imo don't want to become to weak to bug type moves
    Last edited by e7ernalfroste; 19th April 2013 at 8:43 AM. Reason: more information
    Pearl FC 2279-8595-3172 Team:
    Heartgold FC 4556-1985-1786 Team:
    Black 2 FC 1765-2751-6586 Current Team:

I do pokemon trades too if you need a certain pokemon I may be able to help PM me
    It's Evaluation time *clicks fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnBreeder Pride View Post
    Musharna- whats Musharna's other move if you don't mind me asking because i'm feeling nightmare but that was a previous evo move you won't be able to get it if you missed it. If you missed it not to worry you can place shadow ball on Musharna Or a wierd move like torment, attract or substitute (but i'm not too sure about that.)
    TRICK ROOM FOR OBV PURPOSES BUT CAN BE REPLACED.

Also my Sam will have Ice Punch, his Phys outweighs his Spec. Unless it changes down the road which is very possible.

Also, X Scissor was on my old Weavile so I wanted to try something new. I will end up switching it back when I get closer to Comp play wit this team.
    WTT

Flawless Shiny-Groudon, same-Giratina, same-Latias, same-Excadrill EV trained in attack n speed sand rush

Shiny Almost Flawless- Eevee (Def n Sp. Def) same-Blissey (Atk)

Also a Shiny Genesect but that one is no re and it's gonna cost ya.

Jake 2323-6620-1357 White

hmu

Samurott
    Mild/Rash/Lonely/Naughty Nature
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Return
    ~Megahorn/X-Scissor

Samurott cannot learn Ice Punch.

Weavile
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    ~Night Slash
    ~Brick Break
    ~Ice Punch/Ice Shard
    ~Aerial Ace/Swords Dance

Ghost & Dark shares similar coverage, so you only need one, in this case, pick the Dark one since it has STAB.

Excadrill
    Adamant/Jolly Nature, Mold Breaker ability
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Earthquake
    ~Iron Head
    ~Swords Dance

Mold Breaker is from DW, you either need B2/W2 or you have to look for a Mold Breaker one in the GTS.

Musharna
    Modest Nature
    ~Charge Beam
    ~Energy Ball
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Psyshock

Trick Room in a team with fast but frail members like Weavile and Excadrill is not exactly a good idea.

As for Shiftry, replace Synthesis with Faint Attack/Dark Pulse for another STAB, and Giga Drain with Brick Break/Focus Blast, for more coverage.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by bleak View Post
    TRICK ROOM FOR OBV PURPOSES BUT CAN BE REPLACED.

Also my Sam will have Ice Punch, his Phys outweighs his Spec. Unless it changes down the road which is very possible.

Also, X Scissor was on my old Weavile so I wanted to try something new. I will end up switching it back when I get closer to Comp play wit this team.
    Samurott is physical? Switch up surf for waterfall at first chance, then have a hm slave for your surfing needs. And go get megahorn from the move relearner for water pulse or learn x-scissor with him and learn swords dance at lvl 57. Theres plenty of brilliant moves for a physical samurott (flicks through pokedex 3d pro.) Aqua Jet, retaliate, superpower, dragon tail, Aerial ace, iron tail to name but a few. A weird move he can learn is block, that and toxic that could be a weird combo (personally i probably wouldn't do that, but i've seen weirder in battles.)

I do pokemon trades too if you need a certain pokemon I may be able to help PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Excadrill
    Adamant/Jolly Nature, Mold Breaker ability
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Earthquake
    ~Iron Head
    ~Swords Dance

Mold Breaker is from DW, you either need B2/W2 or you have to look for a Mold Breaker one in the GTS.
    I would much rather have sand rush to make up for his lackluster speed stat. Not to mention it gives me a reason to keep sandstorm, which I need because I need a weather move outside of sunny day on shiftry. It boosts his earthquake power as well. I also don't see much of an advantage in getn to hit pokemon regardless of their ability. I have other options to take out the threats that possess Levitate for example.

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnBreeder Pride View Post
    Samurott is physical? Switch up surf for waterfall at first chance, then have a hm slave for your surfing needs. And go get megahorn from the move relearner for water pulse or learn x-scissor with him and learn swords dance at lvl 57. Theres plenty of brilliant moves for a physical samurott (flicks through pokedex 3d pro.) Aqua Jet, retaliate, superpower, dragon tail, Aerial ace, iron tail to name but a few. A weird move he can learn is block, that and toxic that could be a weird combo (personally i probably wouldn't do that, but i've seen weirder in battles.)
    I'm learning to love block but only in competitive play, I don't see the value ingame. My Sam leans physical, his sp atk isn't bad tho. I already have 2 dancers and wanna go for more of a bulky... No boost wallish kind of Sam. I might drop him altogether once I get to comp play, their are so many more water options.

ALSO

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON QUAGSIRE?
    WTT

Flawless Shiny-Groudon, same-Giratina, same-Latias, same-Excadrill EV trained in attack n speed sand rush

Shiny Almost Flawless- Eevee (Def n Sp. Def) same-Blissey (Atk)

Also a Shiny Genesect but that one is no re and it's gonna cost ya.

Jake 2323-6620-1357 White

hmu

Just realized something, Sunnybeaming is a bad idea here, considering Sun makes both Weavile and Excadrill takes more damage from Fire moves, and reduce the power of Samurott's STAB.

So.....

Shiftry
    ~Giga Drain
    ~Faint Attack
    ~Brick Break/Focus Blast
    ~X-Scissor

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak
    WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON QUAGSIRE?
    I like him, he has poor resistance to grass but meh. I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine
    Just realized something, Sunnybeaming is a bad idea here, considering Sun makes both Weavile and Excadrill takes more damage from Fire moves, and reduce the power of Samurott's STAB.

So.....

Shiftry
    ~Giga Drain/Energy ball
    ~Faint Attack
    ~Brick Break/Focus Blast
    ~X-Scissor
    I agree with this ^ but what about adding Energy ball (if he can learn it, Haven't checked yet) for more damage because Shiftry isn't the bulkiest grass in the world. Giga Drain suits your Torterra, Venusaur tanks more What do you think Shine?