Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 106

Thread: June Plot Discussion

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Also, no cloning, please. That's just ridiculous.
    More than superpowers[Furigana: Yellow]? We've already had humans with supernatural powers, so why would a scientifical thing be more ridiculous than an unscientifical thing, specially in a world where they have spherical machines that can shrink monsters?

    Quote Originally Posted by chamo-chan View Post
    That whole cloning theory is very unlikely. There really is no reason to clone anybody. :/
    It's just that, the Shadow Traid and the San'yō brothers are so similar to each other. They have the same expressions, the same mannerisms, and have Pokémon of the same types. This should be either cloning, alternate universe versions, or a Contrived Coincidence, and since Pokémon doesn't use the multiverse in that way, I go with cloning, as simply saying it's a Contrived Coincidence feels like waste of plot potential, at least to me. And having one of those trios being clones, opens way for Kyōhei and Mei to also be, should Kusaka decide to somehow use "Black 2" and "White 2" as names.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Then we'll have a major identity crisis on who the real Black and White are leading to a emo break down.
    Not necessarily. If no one ever raises them to think they are Black and White, then they would have their own identities. I'll post my take on the cloning theory later in BW2 manga thread, so that you can see how I think it could be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    [W]e must also remember that there are three Unova Pokedex, one for the male, one for the female, and one for the rival.
    [...]
    I doubt anyone is gonna make a new Pokedex.
    And yet, in the BW2 games, there is a fourth Pokédex for the player. Does Hue also receive a Pokédex there? I never checked this.
    Either way, the fact that in the games they made another Pokédex opens path for a new set of Dexes in the manga.

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    And also, the starter situation was already complicated as it was. The having two sets of Unova starters, one fully evolved and one not evolved at all was a brilliant (and probably the only) solution. Giving out more starters for a "solution" where there is already a much better solution is just not worth it, it is way too messy, and it's already been confirmed that there are only two sets of Unova starters anyway.
    However, in the games Hue raised his starter from an egg, so...

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Maybe we will get the descendants of the former two groups starter Pokemon.
    Which is exactly my theory, and I think it's the third or fourth time I say it. Araragi father's Samurott is already fully evolved, so I don't think it could be given to Hue, and while we had Sceptile and Emerald, you must remember that it only happened because it evoled while he was with Mitsuru, who was originally planned to be the owner of the third Hoenn Dex, and then evolved again before meeting Emerald.

    The fact that Hue raised his starter from an egg in the games, opens the possibility of the same thing happening in the manga. And since we already know Buoh and Bubu-chan have opposite genders, my assumption is that the same happens with the other duos. Done, you have the perfect set up for making a third set of Starters.


    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    However, where's Cheren's Poke Dex?
    And also this. We don't know where is Cheren's Dex. Since he accepted Plasma's ideology, he probably got rid of it. He could have destroyed it for all we know, that way, it couldn't be given to Hue or anyone else, not even N who I thought as a possible owner, to some people's dismay in past threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    I can't wait for Kusaka to finally just slap on Nate and Rosa's clothes onto Black and White so that this ridiculous theory can come to an end.
    What makes you think this is what is going to happen? Tōya and Tōko and Kyōhei and Mei are explicitly separate characters in the games. There's no reason to merge them in the manga.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    What makes you think this is what is going to happen? Tōya and Tōko and Kyōhei and Mei are explicitly separate characters in the games. There's no reason to merge them in the manga.
    The only problem here is that the games=/= manga. Krys and Lyra were also 2 different characters and Crys still appeared in the HGSS clothes. If Kusaka want's to put Black and White in Mei and Kyōhei's clothes he can do that.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lucid Dimensions
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Haven't really posted my personal thoughts on how the BW2 protagonists will be handled. Previously, I felt an attire change for Black and White might not have worked the best way. In the Krys/Lyra situation, Lyra basically replaced Krys and the two never really coexisted in any games. But for the BW and BW2 protagonists, they were distinctively different as evidenced by them coexisting (though not physically) in BW2. That said, I was keeping an open mind on how the writers would handle this.

    However, as time goes on, it seems like an attire change is the easier way out. The BW2 arc has not progressed beyond the prologue, and XY are on the horizon (if BW's release was any hint, the writers would feel pressured to start the XY arc alongside with the games' release). I don't really think the writers have the luxury to build two (or three if counting Hugh) new characters from scratch. Platinum and HGSS were cut short in the magazine version and completed in volumes, but there were essentially no new protagonists to introduce, so the writers only had to cater to the plot. If they decide to create a Black2 or White2, I doubt there will be much time for characterization. With each new protagonist, I guess it's fair to say you need at least 10 chapters or so just to build the character before something solid happens with the plot. There is already doubt on how much they can develop Hugh if he plays a major role in BW2. If you add two more, I can't imagine a fulfilling arc. I'd really hate to see two completely forgettable protagonists joining the Pokedex Holder group.

    The cloning theory, regardless of its feasibility, shares the same problem. If Black2 and White2 are really clones of our Black and White, character building would be problematic in view of time constraint, unless they have the exact same character as Black and White, or if they are just zombies (which would have been pointless and they should just stick to Black and White).

    I'm still keeping on open mind on the issue, though I would worry if the writers opt for the brand-new character path, since I would not want BW2 to drag on for 2 years and we'd have another volume-release choke after BW.



    Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 24th April 2013 at 7:27 PM.

    Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    What makes you think this is what is going to happen? Tōya and Tōko and Kyōhei and Mei are explicitly separate characters in the games. There's no reason to merge them in the manga.
    Um, yes there is. For one thing, has there ever been a scene in the games where Hilbert/Hilda and Nate/Rosa were together? No there wasn't. As far as Nate/Rosa are concerned, Hilbert/Hilda are only legends. Even Cheren, Hilbert/Hilda's best friend, thought that it would be easier to find N over Hilbert/Hilda in the games (and N was supposedly in another region). Hilbert/Hilda may as well not exist. In the manga, it would be better for Hilbert/Hilda and Nate/Rosa to coexist as one character than to banish the first set into nonexistence. And plus, Nate/Rosa has to be main characters. But they already ran out of games to name them after after Hugh. (And no don't suggest Black2/White. Not only is it completely ridiculous and unhumanoid but when was the last time that a character was named after any form of remake/third version?)

    EDIT: Wait I'm confused. Black represents Truth which is how he is able to control Reshiram, correct? If Cheren is also able to understand truth, then what makes Black different from how Cheren views the world?

    And also, if N represents ideals, then shouldn't the current Team Plasma represent ideals as well? Or is there something major that I am missing...
    Last edited by Macromind101; 27th April 2013 at 1:23 AM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,820

    Default

    It's been awhile since I read the manga.
    I love Looker's disguise though

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    In the Krys/Lyra situation, Lyra basically replaced Krys and the two never really coexisted in any games. But for the BW and BW2 protagonists, they were distinctively different as evidenced by them coexisting (though not physically) in BW2.
    Not to mention that the idea of Crys and Kotone being separate is questionable, and can be incorrect. What do we know about this other than the designer making Kotone from scratch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    However, as time goes on, it seems like an attire change is the easier way out. The BW2 arc has not progressed beyond the prologue, and XY are on the horizon (if BW's release was any hint, the writers would feel pressured to start the XY arc alongside with the games' release). I don't really think the writers have the luxury to build two (or three if counting Hugh) new characters from scratch. Platinum and HGSS were cut short in the magazine version and completed in volumes, but there were essentially no new protagonists to introduce, so the writers only had to cater to the plot. If they decide to create a Black2 or White2, I doubt there will be much time for characterization. With each new protagonist, I guess it's fair to say you need at least 10 chapters or so just to build the character before something solid happens with the plot. There is already doubt on how much they can develop Hugh if he plays a major role in BW2. If you add two more, I can't imagine a fulfilling arc. I'd really hate to see two completely forgettable protagonists joining the Pokedex Holder group.
    But we have Pokémon the Comic coming soon, this means we will have three magazines serializing the manga. There's no reason they can't use one of them to serialize BW2, and even with the whole magazine launch process thing, I don't think it'll take more than until Octoboer to release it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Um, yes there is. For one thing, has there ever been a scene in the games where Hilbert/Hilda and Nate/Rosa were together? No there wasn't. As far as Nate/Rosa are concerned, Hilbert/Hilda are only legends. Even Cheren, Hilbert/Hilda's best friend, thought that it would be easier to find N over Hilbert/Hilda in the games (and N was supposedly in another region). Hilbert/Hilda may as well not exist. In the manga, it would be better for Hilbert/Hilda and Nate/Rosa to coexist as one character than to banish the first set into nonexistence.
    We also never had any scene where the Crystal male and female protagonists interacted. We still got both in the manga. The same happened with Silver in FRLG. There's really no reason for Kusaka to banish Black and White if he used Kyōhei and Mei. We saw BW2-only characters in the BW League, there's really no reason for Black to be missing by the start of BW2 and return with N for the final battle.

    Also, this "Tōya/Tōko may not exist" is idiocy, We were explicitly shown they exist by playing as them, having them mentioned by Trainers in the routes, playing as them, having them being mentioned by N, and playing as them. Did I already mention we played as them. If you say they may not exist, you're claiming B/W never happened, which leaves with a plot black hole, or even that N and G-Cis in the first game were defeated by a collective hallucination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    And plus, Nate/Rosa has to be main characters. But they already ran out of games to name them after after Hugh. (And no don't suggest Black2/White. Not only is it completely ridiculous and unhumanoid but when was the last time that a character was named after any form of remake/third version?)
    Platinum...

    And before her we got Blue, Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald. Kusaka always uses the names of all the main games, FR/LG and HG/SS weren't used because they are remakes, which are basically "this is what the game would be like if we made it nowadays", so maybe Kusaka counts them as the same thing as the original ones. But B2W2 aren't remakes, they are sequels, which, for this Generation, means "the third version". I'm pretty sure he'll work out "Black 2" and "White 2" in some way or another even if it's just for a nickname, and if he doesn't, he'll just use the in-game names, like he's doing with Hue.

    There are also other ways of working "Black 2" and "White 2" as names for them. Someone on the With The Will forums suggested translating them to Japanese as "Kuroni" and "Shironi". Another possibility I thought is giving them full names, with their surnames having the words "black" and "white", and names containing the number "two". There are many Japanese names containig numbers on them, such as Seiichi, Mitsu (which is literally just the number "three"), and Gorō, so Kusaka could easily have the boy being named "JiKurosaki" and the girl "Futaba Shirakawa", or any other name using these kanji. This would, however, be hard to adapt in English and other languages since, at least as far as I know, there aren't names containing numbers in Western languages, but I don't care, and probably nor does Kusaka since he's not writing it for Western audiences.

    More to the point, "running out of names" is not a valid reason to say Kusaka won't use those characters, as he can always play with these in never-before seen ways, such as the full name suggestion.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Actually, there is a problem with starting Black 2 and White 2 now.

    Since it's a sequel, they can't mention the events of Black and White without spoiling what happens. Pokespe tends to avoid attempting to show plot points from previous chapters until they happen in said chapter. And they can't just ignore Team Plasma being defeated, can they? That would be stupid.

    When RS and FRLG ran together, they avoided revealing that the Ruby and Sapphire was the Red and Blue Orbs because it would spoil that they were destroyed.

    When FRLG and E ran together, they avoided revealing the statue plot even when Oak reveals that he wanted Jirachi to grant a wish, for obvious reasons.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lucid Dimensions
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    But we have Pokémon the Comic coming soon, this means we will have three magazines serializing the manga. There's no reason they can't use one of them to serialize BW2, and even with the whole magazine launch process thing, I don't think it'll take more than until Octoboer to release it.
    There's still a lot of uncertain about the nature of Pokemon the Comic, and I think it's too early to be hopeful that it will rescue Special's serialization problem.

    I'm personally not too convinced that it will be a serializing magazine but rather something like a one-off publication. Unlike magazines like Ichiban, this publication is clearly intended to release Pokemon-only manga, and honestly there aren't many on-going Pokemon serializations out there at the moment that could fill up a monthly magazine (not to mention that the currently running ones are contracted to their current magazines in some way). I don't foresee too many new Pokemon manga popping up before the start of XY either. It can't fill up its pages like Fan does with movies and games stuff because it's 'the Comic', and that would overlap with Fan.

    Some may think that Pokemon the Comic will only carry Special, but that would be kind of pointless because the writers don't need another medium to pre-publish something identical to a later compilation. That said, if it's a Kusaka/Hidenori only publication, I think it may actually be a one-off release containing the special Red chapter, hopefully some BW2 material, and perhaps they will put the Rangers manga into publication.

    If it's a collaboration between different manga artists, perhaps they will publish some stand-alone few-chapter-only releases from various previous magazines.



    Coronis~

    Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Wait I'm confused. Black represents Truth which is how he is able to control Reshiram, correct? If Cheren is also able to understand truth, then what makes Black different from how Cheren views the world?
    The clearly Cheren does not understand truth.


    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Not to mention that the idea of Crys and Kotone being separate is questionable, and can be incorrect. What do we know about this other than the designer making Kotone from scratch?
    This has proved to be different character through her designer (in a sense. Sure not include SP). Although the concept is based on Crys.


    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    There are also other ways of working "Black 2" and "White 2" as names for them. Someone on the With The Will forums suggested translating them to Japanese as "Kuroni" and "Shironi". Another possibility I thought is giving them full names, with their surnames having the words "black" and "white", and names containing the number "two". There are many Japanese names containig numbers on them, such as Seiichi, Mitsu (which is literally just the number "three"), and Gorō, so Kusaka could easily have the boy being named "Jirō Kurosaki" and the girl "Futaba Shirakawa", or any other name using these kanji. This would, however, be hard to adapt in English and other languages since, at least as far as I know, there aren't names containing numbers in Western languages, but I don't care, and probably nor does Kusaka since he's not writing it for Western audiences.
    This seems to be meaningless since we already have a similar example Cheren & Bianca.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 27th April 2013 at 2:52 PM.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Actually, there is a problem with starting Black 2 and White 2 now.

    Since it's a sequel, they can't mention the events of Black and White without spoiling what happens. Pokespe tends to avoid attempting to show plot points from previous chapters until they happen in said chapter. And they can't just ignore Team Plasma being defeated, can they? That would be stupid.
    I think everyone familiar with Pokemon knows that Team Big Bad always gets defeated in the end. Is that really that much of a spoiler?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

    RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    There's still a lot of uncertain about the nature of Pokemon the Comic, and I think it's too early to be hopeful that it will rescue Special's serialization problem.

    I'm personally not too convinced that it will be a serializing magazine but rather something like a one-off publication. Unlike magazines like Ichiban, this publication is clearly intended to release Pokemon-only manga, and honestly there aren't many on-going Pokemon serializations out there at the moment that could fill up a monthly magazine (not to mention that the currently running ones are contracted to their current magazines in some way). I don't foresee too many new Pokemon manga popping up before the start of XY either. It can't fill up its pages like Fan does with movies and games stuff because it's 'the Comic', and that would overlap with Fan.
    If it's a serialization magazine, they can just create many different Pokémon manga for it. I mean, they are able to afford a weekly TV show about the Pokémon franchise, so why can't they make an entire magazine about Pokémon manga? We are talking about the one franchise that has the biggest number of published manga in all History (I think), so why not have a magazine just to publish more manga? If it's too early for any XY manga, then no problem, just make completely original stories like we have had with ReBURST and Pokémon 7.

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    This has proved to be different character through her designer (in a sense. Sure not include SP). Although the concept is based on Crys.
    All I heard was that Kotone was designed from scratch, not that they are meant to be separate beings. While I interpret Crys and Kotone as different characters, I acknowledge this may not be the designer's intention, as you can notice some resemblance between them, and I also saw people pointing out that Kotone is just Crys with Hibiki's palette.

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    This seems to be meaningless since we already have a similar example Cheren & Bianca.
    But they aren't game protagonists, they are unnameable rivals.

    However, I just thought one thing, maybe naming the characters Black2 and White2 is an actual option. Using numbers may be come off as "unhumanoid" to us, but that is basically an Western convention; lots of Japanese names have numbers, and authors use this all the name when making twin characters, see Kōichi and Kōji in Digimon Frontier, the Marui triplets in Mitsudomoe, the Futami twins from Idolm@ster (though in this case, the number is on their surname), and even the Yamura siblings in Bokurano who aren't quadruplets.

    To the point, due to existence of numbers in many Japanese names, Kusaka may find using "2" (or "two" if he uses kana) in the characters' names a perfectly normal thing.

    On an irrelevant note, I had a teacher who once mentioned he knew a man with "1234" in his name.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Platinum...

    And before her we got Blue, Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald. Kusaka always uses the names of all the main games, FR/LG and HG/SS weren't used because they are remakes, which are basically "this is what the game would be like if we made it nowadays", so maybe Kusaka counts them as the same thing as the original ones. But B2W2 aren't remakes, they are sequels, which, for this Generation, means "the third version". I'm pretty sure he'll work out "Black 2" and "White 2" in some way or another even if it's just for a nickname, and if he doesn't, he'll just use the in-game names, like he's doing with Hue.

    There are also other ways of working "Black 2" and "White 2" as names for them. Someone on the With The Will forums suggested translating them to Japanese as "Kuroni" and "Shironi". Another possibility I thought is giving them full names, with their surnames having the words "black" and "white", and names containing the number "two". There are many Japanese names containig numbers on them, such as Seiichi, Mitsu (which is literally just the number "three"), and Gorō, so Kusaka could easily have the boy being named "JiKurosaki" and the girl "Futaba Shirakawa", or any other name using these kanji. This would, however, be hard to adapt in English and other languages since, at least as far as I know, there aren't names containing numbers in Western languages, but I don't care, and probably nor does Kusaka since he's not writing it for Western audiences.

    More to the point, "running out of names" is not a valid reason to say Kusaka won't use those characters, as he can always play with these in never-before seen ways, such as the full name suggestion.
    Wait...gah what am I saying no I meant just remakes, like FRLG and HGSS. B2W2 seems to be the same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Actually, there is a problem with starting Black 2 and White 2 now.

    Since it's a sequel, they can't mention the events of Black and White without spoiling what happens. Pokespe tends to avoid attempting to show plot points from previous chapters until they happen in said chapter. And they can't just ignore Team Plasma being defeated, can they? That would be stupid.

    When RS and FRLG ran together, they avoided revealing that the Ruby and Sapphire was the Red and Blue Orbs because it would spoil that they were destroyed.

    When FRLG and E ran together, they avoided revealing the statue plot even when Oak reveals that he wanted Jirachi to grant a wish, for obvious reasons.
    Then why don't Kusaka just avoid revealing the events of BW at the beginning of B2W2? It could just start with Hugh exploring the B2W2-only events at the southwestern parts of Unova, befriending Cheren and Roxie, and encountering neo-Team Plasma at Flocessy Ranch without it revealing too much about the ending of BW. As far as Cheren is concerned, Hugh is just a regular trainer so there is no reason for him to reveal what happened at N's Castle. I don't think there was a chapter that revealed what happened in the previous chapter at the very beginning.

    And plus, they kinda did spoil a little of BW in the B2W2 prologue. It mentioned at the end that Team Plasma tried to interfere with the Unova League and that was before we saw N's Castle rising and disrupting the League in BW. Sure, it happened in the games and it was pretty obvious that that was going to happen but still...
    Last edited by Macromind101; 27th April 2013 at 10:06 PM.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lucid Dimensions
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    If it's a serialization magazine, they can just create many different Pokémon manga for it. I mean, they are able to afford a weekly TV show about the Pokémon franchise, so why can't they make an entire magazine about Pokémon manga? We are talking about the one franchise that has the biggest number of published manga in all History (I think), so why not have a magazine just to publish more manga? If it's too early for any XY manga, then no problem, just make completely original stories like we have had with ReBURST and Pokémon 7.
    I'm afraid you're being too optimistic here. Pokemon, while being popular, is hardly a leading franchise in the manga community in Japan. When you said 'they', you have to realize that for a serialization magazine to happen, you need several manga artists to commit to its regular release, and the publisher (mostly likely Shogakukan) must be convinced that this magazine is going to sell. If you remember the Grade 3-6 magazines which were cancelled in the recent years, you could see how realistic publishers can be when it comes to sales. I personally don't think that a magazine that solely appeals to Pokemon fans is going to do very much better than ones which contain a variety of manga and appeal to different target groups.

    Moreover, I doubt any manga artist out there wants to create a new Pokemon manga series based on BW2 or any older games now. Manga like Reburst and 7 are good but rare series that have some sort of 'staying' power, but you can't expect manga of such quality to just come out altogether all of a sudden. To be fair, any prospective writer who wants a piece of the Pokemon manga franchise would want to ride on the release of XY and thus its related stories, not those that are more than 1 year old in Japan. Even for Reburst and 7, they came out coinciding with the releases of BW and DP. Before the release of XY, there is simply no hype for a new Pokemon manga to happen.

    I hope you are not suggesting that Kusaka/Hidenori come up with several different Pokemon manga on their own just to fill up a magazine. No serialization magazine is ever handled by a single writer (or single pair of writer in this case). The two have also expressed clearly that Special alone is giving them no room to breathe.


    Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 28th April 2013 at 7:29 AM.

    Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    I'm afraid you're being too optimistic here. Pokemon, while being popular, is hardly a leading franchise in the manga community in Japan. When you said 'they', you have to realize that for a serialization magazine to happen, you need several manga artists to commit to its regular release, and the publisher (mostly likely Shogakukan) must be convinced that this magazine is going to sell. If you remember the Grade 3-6 magazines which were cancelled in the recent years, you could see how realistic publishers can be when it comes to sales. I personally don't think that a magazine that solely appeals to Pokemon fans is going to do very much better than ones which contain a variety of manga and appeal to different target groups.

    Moreover, I doubt any manga artist out there wants to create a new Pokemon manga series based on BW2 or any older games now. Manga like Reburst and 7 are good but rare series that have some sort of 'staying' power, but you can't expect manga of such quality to just come out altogether all of a sudden. To be fair, any prospective writer who wants a piece of the Pokemon manga franchise would want to ride on the release of XY and thus its related stories, not those that are more than 1 year old in Japan. Even for Reburst and 7, they came out coinciding with the releases of BW and DP. Before the release of XY, there is simply no hype for a new Pokemon manga to happen.

    I hope you are not suggesting that Kusaka/Hidenori come up with several different Pokemon manga on their own just to fill up a magazine. No serialization magazine is ever handled by a single writer (or single pair of writer in this case). The two have also expressed clearly that Special alone is giving them no room to breathe.


    Coronis~
    So we will not get "Pokemon the Comic" until late September or October?

    This is bad. I cann't wait to see Red's round and B2W2.

    I hope that can see Red's round in May.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 28th April 2013 at 8:05 AM.

  15. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Big, big stuff this time.

    First up is CoroCoro Ichiban.

        Spoiler:- img:


    Well, look who's back.

    Second, and last, is Pokemon Fan.
        Spoiler:- img:


    The final battle starts! Or continues! I'm not exactly sure which because this chapter doesn't seem to continue from the other one!
    Thanks for the pics. I can't wait to see the rest.




        Spoiler:- Credits::

    - please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Off topic but has it ever been mentioned where Cedric Juniper came from in the manga?

    Maybe he hands out Pokemon to new trainers in Aspertia City?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis on SPP: serebii.net/manga/b2w2/000.shtml
    As the strength slowly returns to his body, Hugh climbs back onto his knees, and grips the floor with a determined look on his face. He hollers that he will never forget what happened there today, and shall never forgive the people who did this to him and his sister He declares that his name is Hugh, Hugh of Aspertia City, and wants Team Plasma to remember that well…

    And so, three years later, Team Plasma put to action their plan to liberate Pokemon, and even threatened the existence of the Pokemon League. Just as Hugh has sworn this day, he awaited his chance, and threw himself out into the battle against Team Plasma...

    Wow so it seems that Hugh will be a main B2 / W2 character. Very interesting! maybe he'll rise so quickly through the region that he'll almost be seen as another Black, or a "Black 2" ahhh, see the potential there? ha


  18. #68

    Default

    Just a question, will a manga version of Nate and Rosa appear in the BW2 arc, or is it just Black and White changing outfits?
    Last edited by ☭Azimuth_055☣; 29th April 2013 at 11:16 AM.




        Spoiler:- Credits::

    - please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    Just a question, will a manga version of Nate and Rosa appear in the BW2 arc, or is it just Hilbert and Hilda changing outfits?
    We don't know about that yet, I think it's going to be Black and White in the BW2 outfits.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Sorry, I'm late.

    Reaaal interesting chapters this month. It didn't really go as I predicted, which is not a bad thing at all, but I'm not very pleased that White got taken away. I mean, Black and White just got back together a few chapters ago! Why do you have to be so cruel Kusaka? Hood man better watch his butt if he ever runs into Black. I also hope that White will rescue the Gym Leaders.

    Oh and, anyone noticed that the Ichiban chapter had at least 26 pages? Normally there're 24 at the most. But... There will be 30 pages in the next Ichiban according to Kusaka! And I'm sure about this, because people's responses seem to prove this. So we get six extra pages! That's pretty incredible.

    There will also be more info about "Pokémon the Comic" with the next site update. Can't wait for tomorrow!

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Uh, don't Ichiban chapters usually have 25 pages? That's including the chapter covers, so it's only five pages, right?

    Gasp. 30? What could it possibly be? At least it will make up for the lack of a Pokemon Fan in May. Sort of. Is this going to be a one-time thing...or is it permanent?

    Please be a White chapter. She needs the focus, especially when she only got three to herself when she split off from Black.

    If not, at least have her be in it. Then next month's Fan can hopefully focus on her.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 29th April 2013 at 12:24 PM.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Uh, don't Ichiban chapters usually have 25 pages? That's including the chapter covers, so it's only five pages, right?

    Gasp. 30? What could it possibly be? At least it will make up for the lack of a Pokemon Fan in May. Sort of. Is this going to be a one-time thing...or is it permanent?

    Please be a White chapter. She needs the focus, especially when she only got three to herself when she split off from Black.

    If not, at least have her be in it. Then next month's Fan can hopefully focus on her.
    Oh right, forgot the cover page. This month got 27 pages overall then, and next month we've got five extra pages. But it's still awesome! I think it's highly possible that we will get at least a couple additional pages per chapter in the future, since this month had two.

    Yes, absolutely more White. If they don't skip around and the next chapter takes place in between this month's chapters, then it looks like there didn't really happen much between Black and N. So I'm really hopeful that it will focus on White and have just a little bit of the guys.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Uh, don't Ichiban chapters usually have 25 pages? That's including the chapter covers, so it's only five pages, right?

    Gasp. 30? What could it possibly be? At least it will make up for the lack of a Pokemon Fan in May. Sort of. Is this going to be a one-time thing...or is it permanent?

    Please be a White chapter. She needs the focus, especially when she only got three to herself when she split off from Black.

    If not, at least have her be in it. Then next month's Fan can hopefully focus on her.
    This month Pokemon Fan also has 26 pages (no cover). Although I feel a little short in this round......

    And Next month has no Pokemon Fan. It will publish in early June.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    Sorry, I'm late.

    Reaaal interesting chapters this month. It didn't really go as I predicted, which is not a bad thing at all, but I'm not very pleased that White got taken away. I mean, Black and White just got back together a few chapters ago! Why do you have to be so cruel Kusaka? Hood man better watch his butt if he ever runs into Black. I also hope that White will rescue the Gym Leaders.

    Oh and, anyone noticed that the Ichiban chapter had at least 26 pages? Normally there're 24 at the most. But... There will be 30 pages in the next Ichiban according to Kusaka! And I'm sure about this, because people's responses seem to prove this. So we get six extra pages! That's pretty incredible.

    There will also be more info about "Pokémon the Comic" with the next site update. Can't wait for tomorrow!
    Awesome, I can't wait for tomorrow either! I am so curious about the update and please let White appear in the next issue. I hardly see her battle, she needs to show her improved skills to the fans!

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Originally posted by lolipiece
    Uh, don't Ichiban chapters usually have 25 pages? That's including the chapter covers, so it's only five pages, right?

    Gasp. 30? What could it possibly be? At least it will make up for the lack of a Pokemon Fan in May. Sort of. Is this going to be a one-time thing...or is it permanent?

    Please be a White chapter. She needs the focus, especially when she only got three to herself when she split off from Black.

    If not, at least have her be in it. Then next month's Fan can hopefully focus on her.
    I can't to see what will happens tomorrow and then get the images we need. But still, 30? They really make the books longer.
    But if they skip the White chapter, then I am going to throw a tantrum on my game.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •