View Poll Results: Do Pokemon use Magic to use Special based attacks?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 44.00%
  • No

    14 56.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 29 of 29

Thread: How Do Pokemon Use Special Attacks?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blany View Post
    But apples are not always red...

    That is the whole point of this thread. To apply our Science to Pokemon. Science is actually universal. Different Science does not exist.
    Once again, you're comparing apples to oranges. The sciences in Pokemon is obviously different, so it is, henceforth, a different science. The biology of the Pokemon greatly differs from that of our animals and last I checked *le gasp!* biology is a science. You cannot compare our science to Pokemon because Pokemon is not real. They can do all these amazing and "magical" things because the creators say so.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Once again, you're comparing apples to oranges. The sciences in Pokemon is obviously different, so it is, henceforth, a different science. The biology of the Pokemon greatly differs from that of our animals and last I checked *le gasp!* biology is a science. You cannot compare our science to Pokemon because Pokemon is not real. They can do all these amazing and "magical" things because the creators say so.
    Just because the creators say so is not valid reason from in universe perspective.
    'Because they are not real' is not valid from in universe perspective.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    First, human and animals can convert energy. We convert food into heat, for example, it's a kind of a convertion.

    Second, you can't compare humans and animals with Pokemons. That's the basic difference between 'em and us, they can create/convert energy into things that we cannot.
    So, what is in a Pokemon's body which allows it to manipulate energy to this point?


    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly.Braviary View Post
    Ok, my analogy wasn't perfect. But you are wrong. Science is only this way because we believe it is. A thousand years ago it was considered a scientific fact that the sun revolved around the earth. To quote this article - "questions that deal with supernatural explanations are, by definition, beyond the realm of nature — and hence, also beyond the realm of what can be studied by science." Magic is supernatural because it is not explainable by science.

    ~Deadly
    Different Science does not exist despite what you say. It is just that Science changes to adapt to the situation.

    Try to see Pokemon from in universe perspective. Saying that we cannot answer this question does not do anything.
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 23rd April 2013 at 11:50 AM.



    ~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blany View Post
    Just because the creators say so is not valid reason from in universe perspective.
    'Because they are not real' is not valid from in universe perspective.
    Yes. Yes it is. You cannot explain this, not matter how much knowledge you think you have. How can Pokemon use special attacks? Because that's what the creators decided.


    So, what is in a Pokemon's body which allows it to manipulate energy to this point?

    Because they're imaginary creatures with the ability to do things that are far beyond your comprehension.


    Different Science does not exist despite what you say. It is just that Science changes to adapt to the situation.

    Try to see Pokemon from in universe perspective. Saying that we cannot answer this question does not do anything.
    How thick can you get? This is an anime that takes place in a completely different UNIVERSE. They let kids leave home at ten years old to train monsters that can pick them apart even at the most basic stage. You cannot say there is no different science in a universe that DOES NOT EXIST. Different universe, different rules.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Yes. Yes it is. You cannot explain this, not matter how much knowledge you think you have. How can Pokemon use special attacks? Because that's what the creators decided.





    Because they're imaginary creatures with the ability to do things that are far beyond your comprehension.




    How thick can you get? This is an anime that takes place in a completely different UNIVERSE. They let kids leave home at ten years old to train monsters that can pick them apart even at the most basic stage. You cannot say there is no different science in a universe that DOES NOT EXIST. Different universe, different rules.
    This is the whole point of this thread: to explain these strange things.

    So... does anyone have any ideas to answer this question?



    ~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •