Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you play Pokémon Green if the graphics were revamped?

Default Would you play Pokémon Green if the graphics were revamped?

I would, as long as all the graphics would be revamped, just having the battle sprites revamped wouldn't e enough for me.

Saaatoshi!

For me the next games to have a revamp would be Ruby and Sapphire I personally think they are one of the most overlooked Pokemon games that deserve more love. I would also like to see a Red and Blue revamp in the new style we have seen in the X and Y trailer. Seeing Red and Blue like that would be great.

No way. The horrible old sprites are part of the, uh, charm of the game.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I would play Pokemon Green if it got released, the poor graphics of the first versions and the glitches contributed to making them imo perfect.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

Maybe. I may play it because of the revamped graphics, but as of now, I can't understand japanese.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    I would, as long as all the graphics would be revamped, just having the battle sprites revamped wouldn't e enough for me.
    We did play Pokémon green just that it was known as Blue in the West, it's the Japanese Blue version that we didn't play. Furthermore Green was remade and we know it as Leaf Green.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I would play if the graphics were revamped... at two conditions.

Firstly, I hope the Gen V Pokemon will also be included.

Secondly, the Mew Glitch should still be there.

I have officially claimed Mew.

I think some of the charm of the game is in the graphic design. I wouldn't mind seeing a revamp of the games, but I like the old style. RS need remakes first that's what I want.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I love the graphics in green and tbh wish in X and Y they made a option where you could play in old school gen 1 style

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I love the graphics in green and tbh wish in X and Y they made a option where you could play in old school gen 1 style
    If you wanna play "old school gen 1 style", then just play Gen I games. They aren't hard to find.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Blany View Post
    Secondly, the Mew Glitch should still be there.
    If the Mew glitch wasn't in the Kanto remake then why would Game Freak add it in a future remake, especially when it wasn't mean to be in the original game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Go and play the original first gen game and stop trying to prevent the gen 6 from advancing.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

No, because the Kanto games bore me to death regardless of which Generation they're featured in.

I actually think the old "ugly" graphics were kind of cool.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I rather move on with more advanced technology and not remake a remake like Leafgreen.

Honestly, I would play the game as it is. I enjoy the older Pokemon games just as much as I enjoy the newer games.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I have never played the generation 3 games...
    Only played it on a emu.

I guess since there is a possibility to put gbc/gba games on the e-shop.
    There are 3 possibilities for Hoenn to come back.

1. Put the gba game in the e-shop.
    2. Make a brand new remake game just like HG/SS.
    3. Put the Hoenn region together with X and Y

On-Topic

No I would no play it....

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    I actually think the old "ugly" graphics were kind of cool.
    They were cool back in 1996, they are horribly out dated in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    I have never played the generation 3 games...
    Only played it on a emu.
    I wasn't aware that you could play GBA games on a real life bird.

I guess since there is a possibility to put gbc/gba games on the e-shop.
    There are 3 possibilities for Hoenn to come back.

1. Put the gba game in the e-shop.
    Not going to happen as it would require a lot of work to recode the game to allow Wi-Fi trading and battling. And don't say that trading doesn't matter when it's required to obtain some Pokémon.

2. Make a brand new remake game just like HG/SS.
    This is the most likely thing to happen.

3. Put the Hoenn region together with X and Y
    Gen 2 showed that having two region in one game is a terrible idea and that it should never be done again.

No I would no play it....
    If you played Leaf Green then you already did as I stated before it's the Japanese Blue that was never released in the West.

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Gen 2 showed that having two region in one game is a terrible idea and that it should never be done again.
    I cannot help but ask why that is.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    I cannot help but ask why that is.
    The level placement in gen 2 was so bad that my Charmander didn't fully evolve into a Charizard until after the 8th gym when in other regions he normally evolve by the 6th gym. It also doesn't help that there's nothing to do in Kanto as the story is wrapped up in Jotho, the remake doesn't fix this problem, so you are just going round fighting a whole region worth of under levelled Pokémon. The only reason why anyone wants to visit other region so they can battle the other regions Gym leaders when Black and White 2 showed that you don't need a whole region to that.

Having two region in gen 2 was an experiment which didn't work, hence why no other generation have brought it back.

^ Best post ever.

The level placement in gen 2 was so bad that my Charmander didn't fully evolve into a Charizard until after the 8th gym when in other regions he normally evolve by the 6th gym. It also doesn't help that there's nothing to do in Kanto as the story is wrapped up in Jotho, the remake doesn't fix this problem, so you are just going round fighting a whole region worth of under levelled Pokémon. The only reason why anyone wants to visit other region so they can battle the other regions Gym leaders when Black and White 2 showed that you don't need a whole region to that.

Having two region in gen 2 was an experiment which didn't work, hence why no other generation have brought it back.
    Surely instead of saying no to whole idea of no extra regions, they can just make improvements to the level placement. Also they can add extra story elements in the extra region. And collecting another 8 badges, serves for quite a long after game. I think if they just work on the flaws of gen 2, it should be great. And most people I know enjoyed the fact Gen 2 had 2 regions.
    1st X run:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Even in HeartGold/SoulSilver, Kanto was more or less bare-bones in comparison.

I'd play Pokemon Green if the graphics weren't revamped.

Why are we letting graphics get in the way of allowing us to experience good games, again?

To be honest, of all the main series games that have come out since Ruby and Sapphire, Fire Red and Leaf Green are the ones I play the least. Kanto's biggest appeal, to me, is in its nostalgia factor, and the nostalgia is only complete with horribly awkward sprites and glitches as far as the eye can see.

Going off of this, being an international gamer, I have never played, and have no nostalgia for, Green. I would play through it once, though, if it were released on, say, virtual console, but with no changes, just for the sake of exploring the extra level of simplicity that we here in 'Murica never got to experience.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

We've already done this like twice. Both Pokemon Blue (Western version) and Pokemon Leafgreen are pretty much Pokemon Green with the graphics revamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    We've already done this like twice. Both Pokemon Blue (Western version) and Pokemon Leafgreen are pretty much Pokemon Green with the graphics revamped.
    Not quite. Our "Red and Blue" versions are slightly altered ports of the Japanese "Blue." The Japanese "Red and Green" had some subtle differences, mainly graphically. From what I understand, though, Cerulean Cave was what was the most different, as well as what Pokemon were catchable and which ones had to be traded for from NPCs.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast