Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why didn't TR use weapons to threaten Ash for Pikachu?

That wouldn't work too well with the censors, you know.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    That wouldn't work too well with the censors, you know.
    With Kanto in Japanese, it may not've.

And it creates a plot hole where they have all this artillery they can threaten Ash with yet it would've occurred to even them of all people to try out the idea.

Well if they used a sniper rifle and put a bullet through Ash's head from long range the show would be over.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Well if they used a sniper rifle and put a bullet through Ash's head from long range the show would be over.
    Considering BW, that may've been for the best.

Okay, I don't really want them to but this plot hole just bugs me.
    Last edited by matt0044; 17th May 2013 at 4:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Funny you should mention that; remember Todd's debut?

As to the issue of Team Rocket putting Ash and friends in "realistic bodily harm," JJ&M have had fewer qualms about that than you might think. I *still* remember their kidnapping Ash in Friend and Foe Alike(have fun thinking about what might have happened had Ash not been able to escape), and IIRC this was far from the last time the TRio crossed *that* particulary line.

To answer the topic question; they actually do so quite a bit, just using hardware that wouldn't necessarily be out of place in Macross/Robotech, Mobile Suit Gundam, or Super Robot Wars. They're not *great* at it, thank heavens, but they definitely make an effort.
    "Your taunts are ill-advised, Templar...do not provoke me to violence! You can no more evade my wrath, than you could your own shadow!"
    -----Enraged Dark Templar, Starcraft

"En Taro Adun! All for the empire! Doom to all who threaten homeworld!!!"
    -----Random Protoss Zealot, Starcraft

"You have persecuted us for generations, and now you beg us to aid you? We will do as we must...but we do it for Aiur, not you!"
    -----Annoyed Zeratul, Starcraft

If I was team rocket....

BLAM!

It's kinda obvious why... Child friendly stuff.

But if Pokémon was like the real world... Then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    If I was team rocket....

BLAM!

It's kinda obvious why... Child friendly stuff.

But if Pokémon was like the real world... Then why not?
    if team rocket (Jessie and james) we're real...they still wouldn't use guns, james is too sentimental and Jessie temper makes the "Kaboom" XD
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Azzimagica View Post
    if team rocket (Jessie and james) we're real...they still wouldn't use guns, james is too sentimental and Jessie temper makes the "Kaboom" XD
    lol very true. james wouldn't be able to bring himself to do it and jessie doesn't need a gun to make a bang.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    4kids got away more than you'd expect.
    Kinda makes you wonder how they became the face of censorship infamy when they were doin' stuff like that way back when.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Paradise View Post
    Kinda makes you wonder how they became the face of censorship infamy when they were doin' stuff like that way back when.
    I know, right?
    http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...LKTuT0otkzC425
    http://wtfbot.net/pix/410.jpg
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...0CbwfgWe5Lds0A https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5637104128/hECC39829/

Boggles the mind.

Like people said it's a kids show. That's too extreme for this show. + it wouldn't really make the show as fun. If that happened then Pikachu would be gone for good and that's obviously not gonna happen.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Tom Wayland actually said over the weekend it was because Pokemon became so big all over the world. That is why things after the first few seasons were toned down. Not just weapons but Japanese references too since it was not jsut a show for Japan at a certain point but a worldwide show.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Like people said it's a kids show. That's too extreme for this show. + it wouldn't really make the show as fun. If that happened then Pikachu would be gone for good and that's obviously not gonna happen.
    I'd buy it if it was like "guns don't exist in the Pokemon world because Pokemon can be weaponized" but in Kanto, TR used Missiles, bombs and more for things other than Ash himself. I guess they don't want to kill, being good guys at heart and all, but they have the fire power to clear out Fort Knox and then some.

But I suppose I should write it off as the Pokemon world not being developed enough then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12