Thread: Traded In Game team

Default Traded In Game team

hey i plan to start a new game soon on challange mode and i put this team together its not finished yet but i have it mostly done. Im looking for advise on everything including a last poke. what do you guys think is best? remember it can be anything from any gen.

Chandelure-Modest-Flame Body
    -Flamethrower
    -Shadowball
    -Energy Ball

Lapras-Modest-Shell Armour
    -Ice Beam
    -Hydro Pump
    -Thunderbolt

Torterra-Adamant-Overgrow
    -Earthquake
    -Seed Bomb
    -Stone Edge

Gallade-Adamant-Steadfast
    -Psycho Cut
    -Thunder Punch
    -Night Slash
    -Close Combat

Scizor-Adamant-technician
    -Metal Claw
    -Bug Bite
    -Aerial Ace
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Seems like boosting could potentially help you, since most of the Pokemon with only three moves could make good use of boosting moves. Calm Mind for Chandelure, Curse for Torterra, and Swords Dance for Scizor.

Scizor also wants Bullet Punch over Metal Claw; it's only marginally weaker, but the priority more than makes up for it. I'd go Brick Break over Aerial Ace personally; it may not be technician boosted, but the coverage that a fighting type move adds is a little bit better, since it smashes most Steel types that wall Scizor. Though it does make Jellicent and Gyarados untouchable for Scizor, admittedly. You can forgo Swords Dance to put both Aerial Ace and Brick Break on it, too.

For your Sixth... Hm. I'm assuming you're trying to avoid redundant typing based on your team thus far, which leaves just 7 types; Rock, Flying, Normal, Electric, Dark, and Dragon. Tyranitar could be good, as Scizor and Torterra don't particularly mind the sand, although the other 3 aren't particularly fond of it. There's also numerous dragons that could round off the team, such as Salamence, Dragonite, or Hydreigon. Though for in-game purposes you probably won't want Hydreigon, since its absurdly late evolutions are a drag. Aerodactyl isn't a bad idea either, as all of your Pokemon tend to be either slow, or have modest speed. Jolteon could be decent as well, since it's equally fast, but it has a pretty unspectacular movepool, so if you do go with it, you're going to want to make sure it has HP Ice.

So, potential teammates could look something like...

Tyranitar
    Adamant/Jolly
    Sand Stream
    -Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch/Aqua Tail/Superpower

Dragonite
    Adamant/Jolly
    Multiscale
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake/Fire Punch
    -Extreme Speed

Salamence
    Rash/Naive
    Intimidate/Moxie
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast/Brick Break

Despite not being boosted by DD, Salamence's respectable Sp. Attack actually makes Fire Blast very viable on some things it couldn't otherwise break with ease.

Aerodactyl
    Adamant/Jolly
    Pressure
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Acrobatics
    -Aqua Tail

Jolteon
    Timid
    Volt Absorb
    -Thunder/Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Thunder Wave/Signal Beam
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

one poke i was looking at was skarmory. you think that woud do well on the team despite alrdy having a steel type? also for scizor what about vaccuum wave instead of brickbreak? that way i can keep metal claw and i still have a priority move? other then that thxs i like your sauggestions
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me

Quote Originally Posted by gabric View Post
    one poke i was looking at was skarmory. you think that woud do well on the team despite alrdy having a steel type? also for scizor what about vaccuum wave instead of brickbreak? that way i can keep metal claw and i still have a priority move? other then that thxs i like your sauggestions
    Skarmory doesn't really do much in-game, IMO. Its attack and speed are average at best; its selling point is its sky high defense and phasing abilities, which is what makes it so popular competitively. It could work but in-game it's not especially good.

Vacuum Wave should never be used on Scizor; it's special, and as we all know, Scizor has pitiful special attack but tremendously high attack. Even with a technician boost it'll barely tickle your foes.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

ok then i think aerodactyl will do though acrobatics always seemed weak to me since i perfer to have items on my pokes is their another move that would be good in the spot instead? also if not aerodactyl how would staraptor be?
    Last edited by gabric; 21st April 2013 at 4:58 AM.

If you want to give an item to Aerodactyl you could give it a berry or something that will disappear like that. As for Chandelure I suggest psychic for the 4th move, and for Lapras you could teach it dragon pulse or signal beam, iron tail could give ice type coverage for Torterra although stone edge pretty much does that, Scizor could probably do better with x-scissor if it can learn that.
    Last edited by DGatrz Master; 21st April 2013 at 5:48 AM.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Also on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

Also on Steam! Username: chewiehorns (will get link to profile up at some point)

ok i updated it a bit with the suggestions though i decided on staraptor since its a good poke and one of my fav birds. so what do you think of the final team? any critiques are welcome.

Chandelure-Modest-Flame Body-#609
    -Flamethrower-tm
    -Shadowball-tm
    -Energy Ball-tm
    -Calm Mind-tm

Lapras-Modest-Shell Armour-#131
    -Ice Beam-tm
    -Hydro Pump-lvl up
    -Thunderbolt-tm
    -Calm Mind-Tm

Torterra-Adamant-Overgrow-#389
    -Earthquake-tm
    -Seed Bomb-tutor
    -Stone Edge-tm
    -Curse-lvl up
    Gallade-Adamant-Steadfast-#475
    -Psycho Cut-lvl up
    -Thunder Punch-tutor
    -Night Slash-heart scale
    -Close Combat-lvl up

Scizor-Adamant-technician-#212
    -Bullet Punch-lvl up
    -Bug Bite-tutor
    -Aerial Ace-tm
    -Brick Break-tm

-staraptor -Adamant-Intimidate-#398
    -Brave Bird-lvl up
    -Close combat-lvl
    -Return-tm
    -Roost-tutor

I think there good, but for return on Staraptor you may want to give it a few massages.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Also on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

Also on Steam! Username: chewiehorns (will get link to profile up at some point)

Quote Originally Posted by gabric View Post
    ok i updated it a bit with the suggestions though i decided on staraptor since its a good poke and one of my fav birds. so what do you think of the final team? any critiques are welcome.

Chandelure-Modest-Flame Body-#609
    -Flamethrower-tm
    -Shadowball-tm
    -Energy Ball-tm
    -Calm Mind-tm

Lapras-Modest-Shell Armour-#131
    -Ice Beam-tm
    -Hydro Pump-lvl up
    -Thunderbolt-tm
    -Calm Mind-Tm

Torterra-Adamant-Overgrow-#389
    -Earthquake-tm
    -Seed Bomb-tutor
    -Stone Edge-tm
    -Curse-lvl up
    Gallade-Adamant-Steadfast-#475
    -Psycho Cut-lvl up
    -Thunder Punch-tutor
    -Night Slash-heart scale
    -Close Combat-lvl up

Scizor-Adamant-technician-#212
    -Bullet Punch-lvl up
    -Bug Bite-tutor
    -Aerial Ace-tm
    -Brick Break-tm

-staraptor -Adamant-Intimidate-#398
    -Brave Bird-lvl up
    -Close combat-lvl
    -Return-tm
    -Roost-tutor
    All of these Pokemon look good, except Staraptor. Get rid of Roost on it--that's useless in game, as you could just as easily use a potion on it. Instead, consider using Agility to boost its speed.

ya i roost is pretty useless but it could help to stop rock types from hurting me. though is their any moves i could use on staraptor that would increase atk instead of just speed?

edit:also i realized that lapras cannot learn calm mind is their any other stat moves that would be good for it?
    Last edited by gabric; 22nd April 2013 at 7:47 PM.

How about toxic for Lapras? I don't see much else, but for Staraptor you could teach work up to boost attack and sp.attack.