View Poll Results: Should Kinder eggs be legalized in the U.S.?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 87.80%
  • No

5 12.20%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we legalize it? You know what I mean.

Default Should we legalize it? You know what I mean.

Since the U.S. Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits the sale candy embedded with non-nutritive items, Kinder Surprise eggs are banned from the United States. Obviously, the toy could present a choking hazard for young kids (aka stupid people) and there have been deaths attributed to choking on Kinder egg toys. There are alternatives, like this "Chocolate Treasure" that makes the toy capsule partially visible from the outside.

Should Kinder eggs be legalized in the U.S., or should they remained ban for the safety of children and drunk people?

Hey man, I'm all for population control. Let's legalize these eggs and set a minimum age to buy them

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

If there's plenty of Australian kids who aren't dumb enough to choke on the toys inside the eggs, then surely there's an American child or two who can eat the eggs safely as well.

Legalise

I cannot see any problem on Kinder Eggs if you set a minimum age to buy them. The nice on Kinder Eggs is the toy you have inside it, which is a surprise.

It's not funny if the toy were outside, visible or not.

You know, I saw this title, and I was going to reply with exactly this.

Wouldn't choking on the toy inside require a small child attempting to swallow the egg whole?

Seriously, I think legalizing these is a Good Idea.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I honestly don't care either way. If kids continue to choke on the toy containers, by all means ban it. It's not very good chocolate anyways.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    If kids continue to choke on the toy containers, by all means ban it.
    In order to actually choke on it, you'd have to be attempting to swallow the egg whole. They are simply too large.

The usual links

What? You can't buy Kinder Eggs in the US?!

I'll just add that to my list of reasons as to why I won't be moving there.

If people are too stupid to not eat plastic inside kinder eggs, or parents are too stupid to not give them to their kids, thats their problem, why ruin it for sensible people, aka people who LOOK at what theyre eating.

I'm sorry is this a joke, they are illegal in the US. My baby cousin eats them and doesn't choke him.

I love these it's a shamed it is banned in the U.S because people don't pay attention to what they are doing
    Come to SerebiiHangout! Where Serebii members can chat, hangout and organize clan wars. http://xat.com/SerebiiHangout

I want my freakin' chocolate. So yes, Kinder Surprise eggs should be legalized. Also, toys are cool. I swear I've seen chocolate eggs before as a kid, but apparently the eggs were banned years before I was born. So even if chocolate eggs were sold here, they didn't have toys in them. If the kid chokes on the toy, then it's the fault of the parent for not telling them "Hey, there's a toy inside, be careful" when it's on the freaking wrapper that there's a surprise inside.

Stupid people complaining are the reason why we can't have nice things.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I have to be honest, I always thought Kinder Surprise eggs tasted terrible and I only wanted them for the toy inside where you get tired of after 10 minutes.

So, unless you really like little junk toys, you're not missing anything.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Legalize. I demand the right to be able to choke on toys hidden inside chocolate.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Another reason to add to my list of why America's laws are ****ing stupid. "OMG A CHILD IS CHOKING ON A EGG TOO BIG FOR THROAT CONSUPTION, I DEMAND A BAN BECAUSE I WAS A IRRESPONSIBLE PARENT AND MY CHILD IS DUMB AND DIED" It ain't my problem a kid doesn't pay attention, I mean come on, they're huge eggs. How can they possibly choke on them? Legalize it, screw it. I mean, they don't taste good anyways but still. What's next.. The jumbo M&M's?
    Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; 25th April 2013 at 9:20 PM.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Really? They're not legal in America! People nowadays... Getting dumber and dumber... Anyway yes they should be legal as they're in the UK.

They should be legal. Kids swallow toys and toys aren't illegal

More people just need to supervise their kids and explain to them that certain things can be dangerous and take the appropriate measures as parents/older siblings/family members/friends... That applies to almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    You know, I saw this title, and I was going to reply with exactly this.

Wouldn't choking on the toy inside require a small child attempting to swallow the egg whole?
    Well, I've seen that Americans eat some pretty messed up stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if the inner toy was misconstrued as being edible by many.
    Running for the thrill of it

I could care less, because they are legal here in Canada, but it is foolish that they aren't in the US.

That's like banning fortune cookies because kids might choke on the paper inside it.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Coming from someone who feels no shame about his 'Murican citizenship... yeah, our government can be total tards.

It all buckles down to people not understanding what a "democracy" should really be. Stay with me, I'm not making as big a jump as it sounds. What I mean is the mindset of "I personally don't like this, so I'm going to ruin it for everyone." This mindset belonging to concerned, and possibly inbred, parents lead to the banning of the kinder egg because THEY couldn't be bothered to watch what their kids do, so why should anyone else have to pay attention to their children?

It's the same mindset that spawned 4Kids heavily censoring and "Americanizing" so much anime, and the same mindset behind the closed-minded jackasses that want gay marriage to be banned across the globe. "I don't like this, so no one else gets to enjoy it." That, to way too many people, is democracy.

It may seem like a huge jump, but the comparison's there. I love a lot about my country and honestly can't imagine ever leaving it, but the kinder egg sits as a symbol of almost every problem that she has.

... almost every problem. Give us props for actually banning something made of chocolate.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

In the Netherlands, i once almost choked on those things.Love them.

Weird americans

Legalize it
    Need help with the pokemon TCG? Hit me up with a message

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Well, I've seen that Americans eat some pretty messed up stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if the inner toy was misconstrued as being edible by many.
    Well, if they don't stop to think, "Why is this solid thing inside of my chocolate? If it was filled with something edible, it would not be this hard unless it had gone bad," then yes, I can see why they would. If they then proceed to attempt to eat it anyway, aren't they just accepting the consequences?

The usual links

What? I know what Kinder Eggs are, but I wasn't aware that they are not legally for sale here in the USA. I recall something quite similar to Kinder Eggs being on the market when I was a child (early-mid nineties). It had a thin chocolate shell through which one had to bite (or suck, I suppose. I always bit) with a plastic gashapon-like object inside. Inside the plastic capsule was generally a cheap, small plastic toy--generally of Disney characters. I managed to get "everyone" from Aladdin when I was a kid. I cannot seem to recall what these candies were called--something like "Wonder Balls" or something.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast