Thread: Rate for Watching the Anime

Default Rate for Watching the Anime

I'm currently doing a run-through of the series from episode one. At the moment I'm in the middle of the Battle Frontier saga. My goal is to eventually catch up with the newest episodes. My question is, what's a good number of episodes to watch per day? I'm looking for a steady number, but one that's not too overwhelming either.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

When do you want to be caught up? I'd say 2-3 a day. It'll take time to catch up, but you have to keep the number down so you don't lose interest and stop watching.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    When do you want to be caught up? I'd say 2-3 a day. It'll take time to catch up, but you have to keep the number down so you don't lose interest and stop watching.
    I'd like to be caught up within the next six months to year. Also, I agree. The hard part is finding the perfect number to where interest isn't lost. One can only watch so much Pokemon at a time before it starts to feel redundant.

Okay well if you need to do it in the next 6 months to a year, try 3 to 4 a day. The problem is you're about to reach DP which, in my opinion, has a lot of episodes that are structured the same way and it becomes very easy to loose interest.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

There have been times that I've tried to watch 10 per day, but that gets really demanding and ends up taking too much of my free time.

There was that pokemon bowl on Cartoon Network, That would have worked.

I started doing this in September last year.
    I did watch the 2 first season VERY fast. Between season 3-5 I did watch between 2-3 (pretty good ammount of episodes per day) episodes per day but then after season 5 I started to wacth less and less.

For be it become so much worse overall that I stopped a few episodes into season 9. From the begining I had planned to watch all the season to give it a chance. But from season 6 and forward I just couldn't see so much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaUGS View Post
    I started doing this in September last year.
    I did watch the 2 first season VERY fast. Between season 3-5 I did watch between 2-3 (pretty good ammount of episodes per day) episodes per day but then after season 5 I started to wacth less and less.

For be it become so much worse overall that I stopped a few episodes into season 9. From the begining I had planned to watch all the season to give it a chance. But from season 6 and forward I just couldn't see so much longer.
    All the seasons that came after Johto are much better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    All the seasons that came after Johto are much better than it.
    Have different taste on that one. I do think season 3-5 was a huge step down from season 1 and 2 (especially season 1) but I find it better then 6-8 by a far margin (can't say for sure about the rest of the seasons since I have never seen them).

I do think Johto had way to many fillers overall and they could have made Ash way to the league much faster. It's also during this region it starts getting worse for sure but that road seems to continue way further then that.

Lets see if I decide to start with episode 5 (or whatever it was) of season 9 at some point. I do think it is cool they are back to Kanto but a lot of stuff is not so good according to me :P

Within a six month period, adjusting for the episodes that would debut while watching through the series, just watch two-three episode per day. Two is good enough. You will be caught up. Each episode is about 22 minutes or so so it's just an hour or so a day.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13