Thread: Not Another In-Game RMT (White 2)

Thumbs up Not Another In-Game RMT (White 2)

Yepp, here we go again. This team is sort of a combination of things I've liked in my past teams, things I want to try out, and Pokemon I've never even used before. Just as an FYI, this is for in-game, but I may dabble a little bit into the PWT after the Elite Four. That being said, I don't plan on EV training--though I do always check for at least half-decent natures.

Serperior @ Rocky Helmet Muscle Band
    Overgrow
    -Leaf Blade
    -Aerial Ace Aqua Tail
    -Outrage
    -Swagger Swords Dance

This Serperior is all about dishing out as much damage as it can. Honestly, Swagger is just sort of a filler spot, and I thought it'd be interesting.

Braviary @ Expert Belt
    Defiant
    -Return
    -Fly
    -Superpower
    -Rock Slide

I'm not teaching Braviary Brave Bird, because I need fly on it. Please don't post "BU-BU-BUT BRAVE BIRD IS SOOO MUCH BETTERRR OMG." I don't care--Fly works just fine for me, and I'm not going to drag out an HM slave out of my box everytime I need to fly somewhere.

Espeon @ Light Clay Wise Glasses
    Synchronize
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Grass Knot
    -Reflect

I put Reflect on here for when Espeon's poor defense needs to be boosted against a strong opponent. I want to try Grass Knot on here, because in the post-game it'll be good for heavy, bulky pokemon and legendaries.

Lucario @ Leftovers
    Inner Focus
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dark Pulse
    -Ice Punch
    -Work Up

This is what seems to be a very generic Lucario set. That being said, it still works.

Aggron @ Expert Belt
    Sturdy
    -Iron Head
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw

I've never used an Aggron before, so I'm not really sure if this moveset will work. I'd prefer having Sturdy over Rock Head, because I can't give it Head Smash since it's an egg move.

Octillery @ Quick Claw
    Sniper
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Fire Blast
    -Toxic Energy Ball

Again, I've never used Octillery before, though I've always wanted to. Same as Aggron, tell me if you think this moveset is viable or not. The Quick Claw is there because I always make sure to put one on my slowest pokemon.

Last edited by devondashla; 26th April 2013 at 1:02 AM.

Serperior would very much prefer a boosting move over Swagger, since Swagger can potentially backfire dramatically since it gives your foe a free Swords Dance boost. Give it Coil or Swords Dance instead; it learns Coil naturally but you can get SD from the PWT. Personally I'd prefer SD over Coil, but if you don't wanna deal with the PWT the option is there.

I'd be inclined to put Calm Mind over Reflect on Espeon; its defense may be low, but it's pretty fast and can hit hard. It may as well just try to maximize its offensive presence rather than patch up its defense, especially considering a lot of your team members already have respectable bulk, so they don't care as much about Reflect one way or another.

Octillery doesn't really need Toxic; it's not really the stalling type. Give it Energy Ball instead, which can allow it to deal with its fellow water types if need be.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Serperior would very much prefer a boosting move over Swagger, since Swagger can potentially backfire dramatically since it gives your foe a free Swords Dance boost. Give it Coil or Swords Dance instead; it learns Coil naturally but you can get SD from the PWT. Personally I'd prefer SD over Coil, but if you don't wanna deal with the PWT the option is there.

I'd be inclined to put Calm Mind over Reflect on Espeon; its defense may be low, but it's pretty fast and can hit hard. It may as well just try to maximize its offensive presence rather than patch up its defense, especially considering a lot of your team members already have respectable bulk, so they don't care as much about Reflect one way or another.

Octillery doesn't really need Toxic; it's not really the stalling type. Give it Energy Ball instead, which can allow it to deal with its fellow water types if need be.
    Swords Dance on Serperior sounds good--I didn't even know it could learn that! Also, Energy Ball on Octillery sounds good. But, are there any other options besides Calm Mind for Espeon? I wouldn't be able to get the TM until after the Elite Four, and I'm already waiting until then to teach it Grass Knot.

All I have to say is that I'd switch Aura Sphere for Close Combat on Lucario. Everything else about the team is perfect as you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai'sVoid View Post
    All I have to say is that I'd switch Aura Sphere for Close Combat on Lucario. Everything else about the team is perfect as you have it.
    Why do you prefer CC over Aura Sphere? Personally, I prefer Aura Sphere because of its higher PP, and lack of stat reductions as compared to CC. Sure, CC is more powerful, but with the defenses being reduced I'm not sure if Lucario would last as long in battle as it would otherwise.

You could teach Serperior aqua tail to help it deal with fire types and maybe give Aggron dragon claw instead. Also Octillery can learn flamethrower too if you want better accuracy. BTW aura sphere never misses so thats another plus.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Also on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

Also on Steam! Username: chewiehorns (will get link to profile up at some point)

Go with Signal Beam as your last move on Espeon (and when you can get Calm Mind, go with that > Grass Knot, which is a bit too situational especially when you have better options) to hit Dark-types hard. You can give it Wise Glasses, which will help in boosting your SpA until you can get Calm Mind.

Seconding Aqua Tail > Aerial Ace on Serperior. Aerial Ace isn't that powerful (especially considering Serperior's less-than-amazing offensive stats) and Aqua Tail gives you more useful coverage. You can slap a Muscle Band on Serperior for more power.

You can give Braviary either a Muscle Band (for boosting its Attack) or an Expert Belt (because your set will allow you to get many super-effective hits).

Quote Originally Posted by DGatrz Master View Post
    You could teach Serperior aqua tail to help it deal with fire types and maybe give Aggron dragon claw instead. Also Octillery can learn flamethrower too if you want better accuracy. BTW aura sphere never misses so thats another plus.
    Aqua Tail on Serperior sounds great--a whole lot better than Aerial Ace. I liked the idea of Aqua Tail on Aggron because it would hit well against it's 4x weak to ground, but I guess overall neutral coverage with Dragon Claw sounds pretty good too. Also, I've always been a 'Fire Blast > Flamethrower' guy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Go with Signal Beam as your last move on Espeon (and when you can get Calm Mind, go with that > Grass Knot, which is a bit too situational especially when you have better options) to hit Dark-types hard. You can give it Wise Glasses, which will help in boosting your SpA until you can get Calm Mind.

Seconding Aqua Tail > Aerial Ace on Serperior. Aerial Ace isn't that powerful (especially considering Serperior's less-than-amazing offensive stats) and Aqua Tail gives you more useful coverage. You can slap a Muscle Band on Serperior for more power.

You can give Braviary either a Muscle Band (for boosting its Attack) or an Expert Belt (because your set will allow you to get many super-effective hits).
    Signal Beam on Espeon sounds great! I really want to try Grass Knot on Espeon, but I'll see how it works out for me after awhile and if it doesn't I'll replace it with Calm Mind.

I've never used Muscle Bands or Wise Glasses and the like before, but holy cow--I had no idea they were so cheap in BW2! I'll definitely take your suggestions on them.
    Last edited by devondashla; 26th April 2013 at 1:03 AM.
    X Team:

Future breeder (hopefully), currently just enjoying the games :]

3DS FC: 5472-7644-7605
    Pokemon X & Pokemon Y
    Ice FS: Snorunt, Beartic, &