Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist [and Brotherhood]

Default Fullmetal Alchemist [and Brotherhood]

My all-time favorite anime series. One of the few I actually got in to.

The original series was amazing, and brotherhood is also amazing. It's hard to decide which I like better, but the storyline and use of homunculus in Brotherhood was pretty cool, and the ends are very different, as well.

Then of course you have to consider with the original series whether you ended on episode 51 or with the movie. I, personally, loved the movie! But the series was better halted at ep 51 with the brothers separated, leaving a lot to the imagination.

The conclusion of brotherhood, I think, was very intriguing. But the fact that Wrath and Pride were switched, and Izumi's son is now God kind of tripped me out at first. And changing that whole aspect of the story really makes the two very unique from each-other as far as the story being told.

Still, I'm a huge fan of both series. What do you guys think? Any fans out there?

Discuss.
    Hit me up on Skype for the fastest response (if I'm On)
    White FC:
    0433 8765 8521
    SoulSilver FC: 4771 8051 8477
    Caught Shiny Kyurem 4/30/13 10:33 AM, mild nature

Available Items for Trade:
    Heart Scale x7 | PP Up x6 | Rare Candy x5 | Exp. Share x2
    Leftovers x2 |Lucky Egg x1 |Master Ball x1 |Relic Crown x1

I haven't seen Brotherhood. Just the first series, and the Conqueror of Shamballa movie. Have the anime on my computer and the movie on DVD. I've heard that Brotherhood is different, I just haven't been inclined (or just too lazy) to go looking. And I'm not sure I have enough room left on my external drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I haven't seen Brotherhood. Just the first series, and the Conqueror of Shamballa movie. Have the anime on my computer and the movie on DVD. I've heard that Brotherhood is different, I just haven't been inclined (or just too lazy) to go looking. And I'm not sure I have enough room left on my external drive.
    Brotherhood follows the manga. i loved brotherhood alot i need to rewatch it one day

Brotherhood is by far my favourite foreign cartoon. Though is there really anything left to discuss about it that hasn't already been said?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I loved this series, BrotherHood to me was better. The first series was good too but BrotherHood had much better animation and like some said followed the manga and had impressive music, my favorite character in both series was Ed and Roy. The fights were awesome too, now your making me want to watch it againXD

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I much preferred Brotherhood, as well. I recently rewatched it, actually. I thought the story flowed much better, and the animation quality was far better. Not to mention, there are a few aesthetic changes that occur to a couple of our protagonists as the series progresses, which I found completely interesting.
    Current Shiny count: 191
    Currently going for: Three Bulbasaur via Masuda Method (Currently at ~320 Eggs)

Shiny List

Quote Originally Posted by Owlbituary View Post
    I much preferred Brotherhood, as well. I recently rewatched it, actually. I thought the story flowed much better, and the animation quality was far better. Not to mention, there are a few aesthetic changes that occur to a couple of our protagonists as the series progresses, which I found completely interesting.
    Happens in the comic as well if you pay attention. I already have the entire series on DVD, should I buy the blu-rays?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I love FMAB! I just recently got my wife into it, which took me FOREVER because she's such a die-hard Naruto fan; not that there's anything wrong with that of course lol. I love the animation for it and how deep the story gets. I've already downloaded the entire series to my external, but I'm still considering about purchasing the actual DVD box set.

I'll have to get off my lazy tail and go look for a torrent, then. It sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I'll have to get off my lazy tail and go look for a torrent, then. It sounds interesting.
    FMA brotherhood is one of the best animes ever

I prefer Brotherhood over the original anime version. Brotherhood had a happier ending.

Argh! No spoilers! Im watching the original and reading the manga now. Gunna watch Brotherhood after. Is FMAB good? I assume so from the comments above LOL. It's so interesting and unlike other anime. Well, I GTG right now.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Argh! No spoilers! Im watching the original and reading the manga now. Gunna watch Brotherhood after. Is FMAB good? I assume so from the comments above LOL. It's so interesting and unlike other anime. Well, I GTG right now.
    If ur reading the manga then u should know haha Brotherhood follows the manga

Watched both, and...

I loved both. The ending in the original affected me more, though. The ending in Brotherhood almost made me cry, but the original made me cry.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.