Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ain't nobody got time fo dat (National Pokedex)

I can't be bothered, plus it would take up too much time. then theres all those events i missed ext. so i'll never try and complete my national dex. just the dex of the region I'm in.

I've never actually bothered to do it before however it always been a life goal for me. It wasn't possible to do so however back in Yellow or Gold because event Pokemon weren't given out like they are today. I actually have been trying to do it now in Black 2 and so far I've got 565. I've already completed the Unova Pokedex and I completed the Kanto Pokedex a few days ago for the first time, so I'm pretty happy at the moment
    My shiny Pokemon:
    111 eggs (Also my 649th Pokemon) 194 eggs

The only game I've ever come close to completing the National Dex in is FireRed, but I can't complete because I need several event Pokemon which are unavailable for me. It is kind of tedious, but that's pretty much always been the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I completed the Pokedex back in Blue because back then, it was pretty reasonable and offered a fun challenge. Now, with all of the special events that need to be attended in addition to a massive amount of Pokemon that need to be collected, completing the National Dex is just too much and I'd rather spend the time doing something else. It just feels like now, completing the National Dex is only something a serious hardcore fan can pull off without cheating.

I only completed it once in pokemon diamond. I was only 7. I don't know how I did that. I don't really try to anymore. It seems a little hard, it probably will take a few weeks. I guess if I really wanted to I could.
    BUDDER + TORTERRAS = AWESOMENESS

My shinies:
    Gyrados not from Lake of Rage!

BIDOOF PARTAY!!!!

Also X and Y is Kewl. TEAM FLOWERHEAD FTW (Mega Venusaur) :3

I am trying to complete my Unova dex in Black 2, but I am thinking about completing my National Dex before X and Y comes out. It will take tons of time though.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Within the past year, I finally got around to completing the National Pokedex on Platinum, HeartGold, White, and White 2. And just a few days ago, I completed my Emerald dex. I am now working on my LeafGreen's dex. When XY come out, I also plan to complete the dex on one of the games.

When I was younger, I completed the Hoenn dex on Ruby and obtained as many Pokemon as I could on Gold (didn't have access to trading on gen 1/2 at the time).

I have always wanted to complete my dexes but haven't managed to do so since Red version. After collecting and also trading for missing Pokémon a lot I would always stop playing my games after a while. This was not, because I wanted to stop but due to lack of time and interest and most of the time also the next Pokémon game being released. For B2/W2 I really want to change this, afer all I want to receive the shiny charm. I probably won't finish my collections in the older games though.

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Every game I get, I have to complete the national dex! I try to ignore it but it calls to me....
    pokemon X fc: 4940-6419-7030

No, I don't care about completing the National Dex anymore (last time I tried, it was Crystal).

The grand total of Pokémon is absurdly vast now, and honestly, you don't even get any real prize for completing the Dex anyway.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I've finished the dex every game since Fire Red. If I can manage to complete the entire National dex in Black 2 only two weeks after the game was even released, while managing a demanding class schedule and sports, there is definitely time to complete it. Now that there is some reward, completing it is a bit more appealing, too, so I don't see any problem with trying to complete it. I also see no problem with not wanting to complete it, though, since it isn't required in any way for game completion, other than for the Trainer Card.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Well I'm a collector. So I have every pokemon in my box from Bulbasaur-Genesect and all the Unown.

It's not THAT hard, the only ones that can be annoying to get are the events. But since there's been quite some wifi events for almost every event pokemon in the past few years, it's not that difficult to find them.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmack102 View Post
    What I try to do is just go around the region and catch whatever I happen to see, I don't go out of my way for anything unless it's a Legendary or something I want for my team.
    This is pretty much me in a nutshell: Pokemon like Trubbish don't deserve my love!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    What's your opinion on the subject of the time it takes to complete the National Dex, and if it's worth it or not?
    Every time I complete the National Pokedex I get a sense of accomplishment, but I suppose it's tiresome to complete the National Pokedex over and over again. I mean I catch, breed and trade Pokemon around and it really does take a long time. Some times it feels like a real chore. I guess I only bother with it because I like being thorough.

It's never really at the top of my "to-do list" but I still think of it as a some-what fun thing to try after you've defeated everything else in the game. It's a good way to keep your team working after the story-line is finished.

In the first 3 gens it was plausible to finish them all. I slaved over platinum to get the national dex (and i'm not sure if some of the gts mons i got were legit so idk if it even counts). In gen 5 it would be a waste of time as most pokemon would have to be transfered over. I mean, I got bronchitis!

I completed my National Pokedex today actually. The last Pokemon I needed was Turtwig so I used the Masuda method so that my 649th Pokemon was a Shiny Turtwig. I got one on my 111th reset so I'm pretty happy now
    My shiny Pokemon:
    111 eggs (Also my 649th Pokemon) 194 eggs

Despite the time consuming of transferring, completing the Dex is actually much easier if you completed the Dex in the previous Generation or game. Assuming you kept all the Pokémon that were needed to complete it in the PC, just transfer those in the next game and voila, 80% of the Dex completed, just fill out the Regional Dex which is a bit easy.

I think that the National dex is an important feature that would be impossible to get rid of. No matter how many Pokemon are added, I think the final goal of completing it is so almost impossible that it becomes a goal to be proud of achieving. The bigger it gets, the fewer people actually do it, and the more prestige is added that you did. Finally, for those who quickly run through the game, it becomes a reason for not throwing the game away after 24 hours (outside of multiplayer).

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

Spoiler:- Credit:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12