Thread: PWT Team - please rmt!

Default PWT Team - please rmt!

This is a little trio that I put together to use for the Pokemon World Tournament in Pokemon Black 2.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Careful nature + Prankster ability
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
    -Encore
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -U-turn

Oh boy, Whimsicott. When I first heard that this pathetic-looking thing was being used as a lead I had major doubts. So I try it out and I find that it's arguably the most fun to use Pokemon ever. Depending on what is sent out, I either use Leech Seed or Substitute first. Prankster ensures that I will move first with those moves (no Speed EV's needed!), so I always get the first turn outcome I want. Then if a Pokemon uses a status move (say Lucario uses Calm Mind), I counter with Encore and quickly switch to KO (Garchomp uses Earthquake). If they use an attacking move, Whimsicott is suprisingly bulky and replenishes health like crazy. Leech Seed whithers down a ton of health over time and Substitute buys me that time I need (not to mention Leftovers keeps me alive even longer). Whimsicott keeps bulkier things in check, like Hariyama and Wailord, that Garchomp and Scizor would struggle a bit with. U-turn is used to deal a tiny bit of extra damage when switching.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    Jolly nature + Rough Skin ability
    EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Swords Dance

Garchomp is relatively simple. Switch in, maybe Swords Dance (while consuming a Leech Seed recovery), then sweep. Lum Berry is for Outrage/or any unwanted status conditions. Stone Edge is used for coverage against Flying types since my team struggles with those a bit. Outrage & Earthquake for STAB and coverage. His Jolly nature isn't as handy as I would have hoped and I'm thinking about switching it to Adamant. The most handy thing about Garchomp, besides his sweeping capabilities, is that he is a handy switch-in against Fire types that would otherwise cripple my team.

Scizor @ Focus Sash
    Adamant nature + Technician ability
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    -Bug Bite
    -Bullet Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Roost

Scizor works like a charm. When he switches in, all it takes is one Swords Dance for Bullet Punch to OHKO Brock's Tyranitar. Bullet Punch is my most reliable move but Bug Bite works on bulkier things more effectively. The priority difference is a major set back, but Scizor turns out to be pretty bulky himself and with Roost coverage, he's usually all set. He also is a handy switch-in against Ice types that would otherwise cripple my team. I feel that there would be an item that would be more effective with Scizor other than Focus Sash... Maybe a Choice Band/Scarf? Life Orb?
    ---------------------------------
    White FC: 2924 - 0370 - 4695
    ---------------------------------
    Trading Thread
    Rate My Team?

The main problem I see with your team is that you don't have a single Special move so you'll probably struggle against Physically-defensive Pokemon.

I think Lucario would work well as a replacement over Scizor. It gets good synergy with your team and still allows you to hit the Pokemon you say you fear the most (things like Tyranitar and Ice-types).

Lucario @ Wise Glasses
    Timid/Modest nature
    Inner Focus
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Aura Sphere
    ~ Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice] / Vacuum Wave / Substitute

Nasty Plot and Wise Glasses give your SpA a boost. Aura Sphere is your STAB move of choice, being extremely reliable and also very powerful. Fighting + Ghost and Fighting + Dark both get very good neutral coverage (Fighting + Ghost actually gets perfect neutral coverage, and though Fighting + Dark misses out on a few Pokemon, the difference isn't huge) so whether you use Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse depends on whether you prefer the potential SpD drop (Shadow Ball) or potential flinch (Dark Pulse). The last move is up to you. Hidden Power [Ice] gives you a way to hit Ground-types. Vacuum Wave can be used for priority though it isn't very powerful. Alternatively, Substitute can be used to help you set up more Nasty Plots and for protection against status moves, which is always a good thing to have. You still get to counter Ice-types with Aura Sphere as well as Tyranitar with Aura Sphere again, and you get really good coverage and also a way to get past physically defensive Pokemon. You also get some good defensive synergy.

Hope this helps.