• Vulpix

62 31.00%
  • None

3 1.50%
  • Equal

26 13.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Growlithe Or Vulpix?

Vulpix since foxes are one of my favorite animals. And I'm not much of a dog person.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I actually like them both equally. I can't decide which one I prefer

Growlithe, since Arcanine has always been one of my fav fire type pokémon.
    There is no upperhand hand, I'm giving you mine. It doesn't have to end up wasting your time. There's things that I could say, here in my way. I wanna let you know, that it's all okay.

You love pizza!

Go eat Tuna fish!

I still have no life. Trololo ~

Black 2. My fc : 4213 5452 6544

(Credit goes to FairyWitch)

(Credit goes to Astral Shadow)

Growlithe. I never have used a Vulpix before though,

I like Vulpix better but I've never used it in my FR because... well, I have FR and there's no Vulpix in it. But in my Sapphire I'm going to train Vulpix. I once trained Arcanine to a pretty high level in FR but then I started a new game. I like Growlithe, too but Vulpix even more.

I've got to say that I prefer Vulpix. I like Foxes better than dogs, and while Arcanine's concept is really cool I've just got to admit that I like Ninetale's better. The idea of them having this energy stored inside of them that can give them a thousand year long life-cycles is just incredible. I also liked the idea that was portrayed in an episode of the anime, Just Waiting on a Friend. In the episode there was an illusion created by a Ninetales. I'm not going to bother going into detail on what the illusion was because that's not important to the point. If you really care, then just go watch the episode. Anyway, in the end of the episode the Ninetales was telling Ash and his friends what had happened to it since its trainer left over two-hundred years before the episode took place. It said that after all the staff quit, leaving Ninetales alone in the mansion that it began to notice it was gaining mysterious power. I don't remember if anything like that was ever mentioned in any sort of Poke'Dex entry, but I still found the idea of what was explained there interesting. Basically, what I got out of it was that the older a Ninetales is, the more psychic power it possesses, which I thought was pretty cool.

Growlithe! Arcanine is a total badass!
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

I'd like them both equally if we were comparing a regular Growlithe versus a shiny Vulpix. I like Growlithe and Arcanine's overall design better, but Ninetales has such a beautiful shiny form.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

Growlithe. Arcanine is by far my favourite Fire-type of all time, not to mention it gets some lovely (if somewhat bizarre) moves. (How the heck does it use Close Combat...?)

That being said, Ninetales is actually quite nice, too. Especially when shiny.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

My Personal Preference is Growlithe.
    Arcanine is one of My Favorite Fire Type Evolutions in Generation 1. Its Design is just Incredible.
    Having a Total Base Stat of 555 makes Arcanine a Powerful Pokemon.
    And Having the Ability to a Great Movepool allows you to utilize Arcanine in so Many Ways including Competitive Battling.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Growlithe for actual battling. Vulpix because its design is perfect.

I like both, but I like Vulpix more. You can thank Brock for that. XD.

Growlithe is awesome though, and evolving into Arcanine, one of the strongest fire types with a base stat total of 555 like Pokemon1998Ash is nothing to sneeze at.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Even though I like them both, Vulpix was the first one I actually used for battling, so I'm pretty partial to Vulpix.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

For me its Growlithe
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

I prefer Growlithe because of Arcanine's stats and moves. Taking appearance into account, I like both Ninetails and Arcanine equally.

I considered breeding an Arcanine for my B/W 2 competitive team but was too lazy, and I was already breeding others at the time.

Vulpix because it evolves into ninetales.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

I'm not a big fan of either if I'm honest but I must say that Growlithe is a lot better in my opinion.

I like them both, but Arcanine is my favorite Pokemon of all time. Plus I don't have Leaf Green. So Arcanine it is. :P

Wasted a Master Ball on a Growlithe because I was lazy, I'd hate for it not to have been worth it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Growlithe has better stats than Vulpix, but seeing as it's probably not competitive play I'd choose Vulpix.

Growlithe > Vulpix all day, everyday. There's almost no comparison between their evolutions because Arcanine is too badass for Ninetails. The only downside is that Growlithe doesn't learn Flamethrower until level 49, so you have to wait forever to evolve it (I'm stingy with my money when it comes to the game corner or else I'd buy TM35). I'm not sure about Vulpix's learnset in FR/LG though.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I like them both since I really like both Arcanine and Ninetails as i think there both super cool fire pokemon

Personally, I would have to say that I like Vulpix more– not because I think that Ninetales is better than Arcaine competitively, but, except for a few exceptions, I value cuteness over coolness.

I would go with Growlithe because I absolutely love Arcanine, he looks very nice and indeed strong. Don't get me wrong, I like Vulpix and Ninetails but if I had to pick, it would definitely be Growlithe!!
    Pokemon Master

I like both personally. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and I love their designs.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast