Thread: White 2 pre-E4 RMT

Default White 2 pre-E4 RMT

Hi, this is my current team, I would like to improve it in order to win the E4. Some rules:

- This team is only for the E4, so I won't EV train or change natures/abilities.
    - Please, ony suggest moves and items available pre-E4.
    - I'm open to replace any Pokémon if you think it's necessary.

Braviary @Leftovers
    Quiet, Defiant
    -Fly
    -Rock Slide
    -Shadow Claw
    -Return

Golduck @Razor Claw
    Hasty, Damp
    -Surf
    -Psychic
    -Return
    -Shadow Claw

Haxorus @Scope Lens
    Careful, Rivalry
    -X-Scissor
    -Payback
    -Dragon Claw
    -Return

Lucario @Expert Belt
    Brave, Inner Focus
    -Aura Sphere
    -Ice Punch
    -Bone Rush
    -Psychic

Chandelure @Shell Bell
    Impish, Flame Body
    -Psychic
    -Payback
    -Flamethrower
    -Hex

Electivire @Metronome
    Adamant, Motor Drive
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    -Signal Beam
    -Flamethrower

Thanks for your help.

Give Braviary Superpower > Shadow Claw or Rock Slide. Superpower allows it to hit Steel-types for super-effective damage; without Superpower, Steel-types completely wall Braviary.

Go with Ice Beam > Psychic on Golduck. Psychic doesn't really get any notable coverage on Golduck, whereas Ice Beam pairs well with Surf, allowing Golduck to hit Grass-types.

Haxorus
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Dragon Claw
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Brick Break

Dragon Dance is a great boosting move, as not only does it boost your already amazing Attack, but also your Speed, so after a Dragon Dance or two you're definitely ready to sweep. Dragon Claw as a reliable STAB move. I'd normally suggest Earthquake > Brick Break but that's a post-E4 TM iirc, so go with Rock Slide and Brick Break for coverage. Brick Break lets you hit Steel-types who resist your STAB, and Rock Slide (as well as Brick Break) allow you to get rid of Ice-types who are one of your major threats.

Your Lucario has a Brave nature (+Atk / -Spe) and if you're unwilling to rebreed then I think it's best if you play to its strengths and run a physical set.

Lucario
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Shadow Claw
    ~ Extremespeed / Swords Dance
    ~ Ice Punch / Swords Dance

Close Combat is your STAB move of choice; it's powerful and therefore will help you tear through the opposition, though Drain Punch is a less-powerful option you might like to explore. Ghost + Fighting gets completely unresisted neutral coverage which is why Shadow Claw is listed there. Extremespeed is a powerful priority move, which is especially useful given your nature reduces Speed, so it'd come in handy. Ice Punch lets you hit Ground-types hard, who are probably one of your biggest threats. Alternatively, you might want to run Swords Dance to boost your Attack.

That said, running a purely physical Lucario does throw your physical : special ratio of your team out the window, so you might want to run a mixed set which still allows you to benefit from your nature but also lets you hit both sides of the spectrum. In that case, run Aura Sphere > Close Combat and Work Up > Ice Punch or Extremespeed to boost both of your offences.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Will-o-wisp / Substitute
    ~ Flame Charge

Firstly, Shell Bell is an incredibly unreliable item; you're much better off going with Leftovers if you want HP recovery as it's much more reliable in terms of consistently healing 1/16th of your HP. Chandelure's SpA is amazing so you don't want to run Payback; plus, Dark gets redundant coverage alongside Ghost, the latter of which is obviously superior due to STAB. I'm not a fan of Hex as it's essentially a two-turn move (turn 1: inflict status, and turn 2: Hex) and there's no point running Hex without a status move, so go with the more powerful and reliable Shadow Ball. Normally I'd suggest Energy Ball and Calm Mind as your last two moves for coverage against Water- and Rock-types and boosting respectively, but I believe they're both post-E4 moves. Therefore, I'd recommend going with Flame Charge to boost your Speed, and you can run either Will-o-wisp for inflicting burns, or Substitute to help in boosting your Speed through Flame Charge; Sub pairs up nicely with Leftovers as you'll be able to recover some of the health you lose.

Your Electivire has an Adamant nature, which reduces SpA and boosts Attack, so you want to avoid running Special moves and instead focus purely on Physical moves.

Electivire
    ~ Wild Charge
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Thunderwave

Wild Charge is your STAB move of choice because it's really powerful and it's also a physical move so it's not negatively affected by your nature like Thunderbolt would be (on the contrary, its power is boosted). Ice Punch gets you the great BoltBeam combination, and Brick Break gives you a way to hit Steel-types super-effectively. Electivire doesn't have many other options in terms of Physical moves outside of Earthquake (postgame) so maybe just go with Thunderwave for some team support.

In terms of items, Metronome is a pretty bad item for Electivire (you only get the boost if you continuously use the same move, and even then the boost is less than what you would get with a Choice Band). Maybe run Lefties on it to help with the recoil side-effect of Wild Charge, or run a Muscle Band to boost the power of all its Physical moves. You could even run an Expert Belt because you'll be able to hit a lot of types for super-effective damage. Lucario can also run a Muscle Band if you're running the Physical set, or Lefties again. Chandelure wants Leftovers or Wise Glasses to boost the power of its Special moves. Haxorus wants a Muscle Band (again) or even a type-boosting berry if you have access to them.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Chandelure @ Leftovers
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Will-o-wisp / Substitute
    ~ Flame Charge

Firstly, Shell Bell is an incredibly unreliable item; you're much better off going with Leftovers if you want HP recovery as it's much more reliable in terms of consistently healing 1/16th of your HP. Chandelure's SpA is amazing so you don't want to run Payback; plus, Dark gets redundant coverage alongside Ghost, the latter of which is obviously superior due to STAB. I'm not a fan of Hex as it's essentially a two-turn move (turn 1: inflict status, and turn 2: Hex) and there's no point running Hex without a status move, so go with the more powerful and reliable Shadow Ball. Normally I'd suggest Energy Ball and Calm Mind as your last two moves for coverage against Water- and Rock-types and boosting respectively, but I believe they're both post-E4 moves. Therefore, I'd recommend going with Flame Charge to boost your Speed, and you can run either Will-o-wisp for inflicting burns, or Substitute to help in boosting your Speed through Flame Charge; Sub pairs up nicely with Leftovers as you'll be able to recover some of the health you lose.
    Actually, Energy Ball is pre-Elite Four, so I'd suggest it over Flame Charge. I agree with everything else you've said for this team.

Thanks for your suggestions, they helped me greatly improve my team.