Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [PG-13] Cyber Guardians [Sign-Ups]

I have a couple of questions. What time of year does this start, and for those with a mute summon (such as mine), will there be able to be any form of communication, say, telepathy to the summoner?
    Last edited by Absoluna; 16th May 2013 at 12:10 AM.

Friend code for Black 2 : 1636-2111-8728
    3DS FC: 5284-1545-9634

You can't appreciate something if you can't accept the darkness within.

Sorry for not posting for a few days, was busy with stuff.

@deltakirumiru4 - The sign up is good for the most part, but Absoluna already took Plasma Manipulation. I'll let you make up your own power, so long as it isn't overpowered and fits with the technology theme like the other powers. Until then, Halt is Pending. Also congrats on having the first character without a nickname.

@Absoluna - I'd say about now actually, in order to make sure the timeline has consistency with what currently exists. For example, if the RP took place in 2009 Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie wouldn't even exist (as they are in their newest rendition, at least), as the show they come from first aired in October 2010. I guess March of 2013 will do.

As for Dave, what you chose is what you get. If Dave is silent, then he's going to be silent.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

@Billy Mays- dave isn't silent it's just that they only talk through "logs", so he would talk for dialog but not much else since it's not homestuck.
    Hello there. This message will selfdestruct in 2 minutes

@Billy Mays: ah, sorry about that, I didn't notice that he took it already. I added a power to Halt now, hope it's good now
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

So, If the summon is mute, then that's what you get. Ok.

@Absoluna - Do you mean he speaks through text? If so, he would speak normally. Do you mean logs as in prerecorded messages? I think it would be safe to assume that if he can make those messages then he can also speak. If Dave can speak, he can speak. If he can't, he can't. If you're still confused, I guess I can do a bit of research on Dave so I actually know what you mean.

@deltakirumiru4 - Looks good, Halt is Accepted.

@Billy Mays- Though I'm guessing you ment @innerDesign It's a web comic so the characters can't nessesrelly " talk" but when the author wants them to say something it's either in dialog, chatlog, pesterlog( online chat links) or narrative talk. So if you read further from either point that I showed you you'll get the idea.

I'm not very good at this, but here:

Name: Opal Williams.
    Power: Magnetism
    Weapon: Stun whip
    Weapon description: A long, green whip made of pure energy. It can stun and electrify anyone who comes into contact with it. It is held in a small black remote with a switch on it.
    Summon: Samus Aran

Appearance: Opal stands at 5'9". She is very thin, and is usually quite pale. She has olive-green eyes, and long eyelashes, with very dark eyebrows. She has shoulder length hair, which is a dark brown colour. It is very straight, and it is just about long enough to scrape into a ponytail. However, since she prefers not to drag much attention to herself, her hair is almost always down, and covering her face. She has a oval shaped face, with very definite features. She doesn't usually wear makeup at all, but she always has very big eyes, despite her staying up late. She always seems to look awake and alert.

Her sense of fashion is not very good, but she would never dream of changing it. She wears worn out silver combat boots, but as they are quite old, they are now a discoloured bronze. She wears tight black skinny jeans, with pockets on the front. She never actually uses these pockets though. She has a black vest top on, which shows off her chest. However, she usually has her arms folded tightly across here. She wears a pendant, with an olive-green stone on it. However, this olive green doesn't match her eyes, and just looks out of place on her.

Personality: Opal tends to keep her head down in class. She never really listens to what her teachers are saying, however. Most of her school day is spent drawing on her exercise books, and getting detentions for doing so. She doesn't really care though, as she prefers to be on her own. She never really got all the "Teamwork" stuff she heard about In junior school so much.

Despite this however, Opal can stand up for what she believes in. She is a strong feminist, and will get rid of any, what she call, "Sexist pigs" by punching them to high heaven. She really hates shallow girls who spend hours talking on their phones about Justin Bieber or whatever. She is usually quite sarcastic, and she tends to snap, or get angry very easily. Her idea of a good time is no school, no parents, and just 12 hours of solid video gaming.

Everyone thinks of her as the creepy loner girl, who beats up people, and she let's them. She doesn't really give a damn what anyone else thinks. She used to always tell herself that things will get better, but she eventually just gave up on that. The world hates her, and she hates the world back.

History: Opal has no siblings. She's quite happy that way as well. Her parents are divorced, but recently, her dad has gotten a new girlfriend. Jessica. Her Dad and Jessica are having a baby and getting married, but for whatever reason, Opal finds it hard to be happy for them. She currently lives with her mum. Her dad has moved somewhere else, but she has no idea where.

Her mum is barely in the house anyway, but when she is, she is usually yelling at Opal, reminding her of how she "Ruined her life". Since her mum is never home, it leaves Opal to do all of the cooking and cleaning. She doesn't mind that much though, as it's like she has her own home. Opal's grandmother is supposed to take care of Opal, but Opal has never even met her.

Opal has never tried out for any sports teams or anything, or really ever done anything in general. Her mother was always trying to get her to go to girl guides, but she hated this with all her heart. Her mother also tried to get her to try out for ballet, but opal simply refused. Girly stuff is Opal's most hated thing.

Opal got through infant school, by keeping her head down, and not talking to anyone. She did the same in junior school. However, in high school, she showed the world what she was REALLY made of, and that she was different to the shy, quiet girl they had once known. Opal tends to get into trouble a lot, and is usually in an after school detention.
    Last edited by Janice Quatlane; 17th May 2013 at 7:32 PM.

@Janice Quatlane - Well for not being very good at this, you did pretty well. Overall it looks pretty good, so Opal Williams is Accepted.

Alright, that's six people, which means sign ups are closed. I'll start the RP either tomorrow, or during the weekend. Remember, I expect people to be active; if you're going to be gone for some time, please tell me first so I don't assume you haven't just quit on the RP. See y'all on the other side.

Is it just me or is every character in this role play 1. A loner 2. Has a single parent that isn't around much 3. Can get angry easily 4. Is out of fashion and 5. Is some type of video gamer ( parts 1 and 3 don't really apply to Leo as much)

Easily angered loners are popular in RPs for some reason. Leo and Pinkie have their work cut out for them. xD

Has anyone noticed that Dave is the only male summon? xD (I'm assuming the Absol is female.)
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 17th May 2013 at 4:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Easily angered loners are popular in RPs for some reason. Leo and Pinkie have their work cut out for them. xD

Has anyone noticed that Dave is the only male summon? xD (I'm assuming the Absol is female.)
    Yep, he sure does. Kat is a lot more angry than she is a loner, but I guess she kind of fits too. And yeah, it's kind of funny Dave in the only non-male summon (again assuming Absol is female). We have an even spread of three male characters and three female, but five/four female summons and one/two male. Kind of odd that it's females that have the majority; usually it is the other way around.

Halt matches those pretty easily, minus 4. Anime and video game inspired outfits are totally fashionable but he does have a relavent father figure, it's just...his mother is, for lack of a better word, abusive as heck.

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

Absol is, in fact, male. Just because I'm a girl does not mean my summon is. I had a rather sexist person make that assumption the other day, that all my mons were female. :P

I'm currently quite a fan of the metroid series, so I thought I'd put Samus. Either her, or ridley.

It's been almost a week since last post. someone has to keep this alive so quick question.

what would be the coolest thing that yu think might happen in this RP?

The coolest thing....it would fighting a massive battleship IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE, with us taking out each key system on it, before a boss fight in the bridge, and leaving as it explodes.

Future Projects:

We manage to blow up a civilisation or something. That would be awesome...

Pinkie Pie destroys the fourth wall. BD

Yeah, that'd work. XD

Wait...aren't we already technically destroying the fourth wall by putting ourselves into their worlds, as well as mixing the streams of media?

Future Projects:

O.o Too science-y for me.... Wait... I think I get it. XD

Put simply, Leo is breaking the fourth wall letting Pinkie break the fourth wall.

Future Projects:

Fair enough. I should probably know this stuff considering I spend 14 hours a day staring at a screen.

techniclly we are breaking the fourth wall by going into the vetual world(looking back at first post) so it could be a simple hangout for all characters not acting at that moment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast