Thread: Considering my Options... [Open question for all]

Default Considering my Options... [Open question for all]

I've got this save file with over 200 hours on SoulSilver. As soon as I get a transfer done, I will be restarting the file.

Currently, with all of the stuff on there, the 3 legendary birds have not been seen/captured yet. I am now soft resetting to try to get a shiny articuno - But I'm debating whether to just catch the plain birds for dex on white, because doing this for multiple days does not sound appealing, and If I did it for articuno, I'd want to do it for the other two as well... and that could take a week or more.

So what I'm asking is - would anyone consider it "worth it" to continue to hunt for shiny birds, or would it be in my best interest to go along my merry way and continue to hunt as many pokemon as I can for the purposes of up'ing my white 1 pokedex? I suppose I'm asking myself this, but I'd like to know opinions.

I guess I need to hear someone else say "it's okay stop hunting" before I can do it without feeling like I'm missing something.

So..

Is there a demand for shiny (legit) birds?
    Hit me up on Skype for the fastest response (if I'm On)
    White FC:
    0433 8765 8521
    SoulSilver FC: 4771 8051 8477
    Caught Shiny Kyurem 4/30/13 10:33 AM, mild nature

Available Items for Trade:
    Heart Scale x7 | PP Up x6 | Rare Candy x5 | Exp. Share x2
    Leftovers x2 |Lucky Egg x1 |Master Ball x1 |Relic Crown x1

If you're asking if it's 'worth' hunting for a shiny Articuno, then that is entirely up to how much you value shinies.
    If you're doing it for the Pokedex on White, and want to complete it as soon as possible, then I'd catch the regular colored birds, and transfer them over; you can always start a new file and continue the hunt, while having filled the Dex entries in White.

Don't know if there's a demand; personally think that people who aren't patient enough to shiny hunt don't really want shinies.
    Last edited by RoySceptile; 23rd April 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Perhaps I'm just thinking too far ahead, and I should focus on finishing the game before I spend time with shinies. That's my major concern, because I'm sitting here soft resetting thinking "I could be playing the story and catching more pokemon".

I think It'd be good to just get the birds, get the dogs, and transfer to white and be done with it, then play white up till I finish the story and get all I can there.
    Hit me up on Skype for the fastest response (if I'm On)
    White FC:
    0433 8765 8521
    SoulSilver FC: 4771 8051 8477
    Caught Shiny Kyurem 4/30/13 10:33 AM, mild nature

Available Items for Trade:
    Heart Scale x7 | PP Up x6 | Rare Candy x5 | Exp. Share x2
    Leftovers x2 |Lucky Egg x1 |Master Ball x1 |Relic Crown x1

I got all my shiny bird trio in SoulSilver.

Why don't you try to hunt one to make yourself merry a bit.
    That alone could take you a very long time. But in case you're lucky, the shiny appeares 5,000 SRs let's say, then try to go for the second one.^^
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.