Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teen Titans Go!

I watched one episode, it was alright, but I miss the more serious episodes.

Why couldn't we have the real teen titans back? Some of the villians in that series were pretty memorable, specifically slade. I don't see how they can put any good villians or action in this style

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Teen Titans Go? Lololol. That show just killed Teen Titans for me because I find it unfunny and unneeded. I stopped watching after episode one.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

i hated this show so much, i mean its funny but then not like the real teen titans. the real one was funny occaisionally, but also had dark, sad themes, and the combination of both is what made it great, but this one just has one side, making it equal to spongebob or whatever
    no pokemon game as of now T.T
    get a bit les horny pervs -->

Quote Originally Posted by not_girly_girl View Post
    i mean its funny but then not like the real teen titans. the real one was funny occaisionally, but also had dark, sad themes, and the combination of both is what made it great, but this one just has one side, making it equal to spongebob or whatever
    This, this, this. Teen Titans is known for how it can be dark or sad at times and a combination of both. Now, plain comedy and no real action just makes it plummet to the ground. ...So yeah.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!

Quote Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
    This, this, this. Teen Titans is known for how it can be dark or sad at times and a combination of both. Now, plain comedy and no real action just makes it plummet to the ground. ...So yeah.
    yea, im pretty sure itll just be another kids show since it kindof appeals to them, it doesnt appeal to old teen titans fans
    no pokemon game as of now T.T
    get a bit les horny pervs -->

Quote Originally Posted by not_girly_girl View Post
    yea, im pretty sure itll just be another kids show since it kindof appeals to them, it doesnt appeal to old teen titans fans
    Yeah, true. With every new generation new types of fanbase happen. Maybe if the comedy get a little different and there is more action more old fans will like it, but I have doubts.

You guys do know that a kid could have been born the day after the original series ended and he/she would be 7 years old now, with no knowledge of the original series or immediate desire/means to track it down, right?

There's not a whole lot of point to complaining "well this is NOTHING like the original show!" We can see that. One might say it's intensely obvious. They didn't make this show for you religious devotees of the original series. Otherwise they would have simply continued the original show, with most of the original designers and writers still active and, obviously, the principal voice cast still active as well. If one of the staunch devotees of the original show wants to say "hey, I'll give it a go", I'm sure they're happy to have you, but they're not dependent on you at all.

If the all-comedy SD format doesn't do anything for you, that's fine. No one likes everything and hardly anything is liked by everyone. Don't watch, then. That doesn't make criticisms like "unfunny and unneeded" accurate or whatever else someone wants to say. That the show is different from previous material doesn't make it without merit.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Here's a very understandable opinion on the show. I find that's a better reason to dislike it because of what it might cause. Still can't help but find the show iffy.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I don't think it matters if it isn't like the original show since it doesn't continue anyway. Nothing really wrong with this show I guess bar the that abomination that is the poorly used flash.

Anyway, was this what Young Justice got cancelled for? If so, someone needs a Bat, *****slap.
    Last edited by Jb; 13th May 2013 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Anyway, was this what Young Justice got cancelled for? If so, someone needs a Bat, *****slap.
    This isn't how it works. People like thinking this because it gives them an outlet for their anger.

Young Justice was cancelled, because it couldn't move (didn't have) merchandise and because the network did it no favors with the airing schedule. With it being cancelled and done, a show that was already developed, produced and had episodes in the can was put in the time slot. It isn't cause and effect - the former was not a direct result of the latter.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    This isn't how it works. People like thinking this because it gives them an outlet for their anger.
    It's only natural to feel upset though; as humans it's natural to dislike change. Give us some breathing room for once.

Everybody's wish from Trigon was pretty funny, Robin's in particular. Yup, that's what you need to be called a superhero.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 13th May 2013 at 5:18 PM. Reason: Trigon, give me a wish instead of beating me to a pulp during Raven's super in Injustice

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Everybody's wish from Trigon was pretty funny, Robin's in particular. Yup, that's what you need to be called a superhero.
    Beast Boy's was rather smart actually. Think about it, he could transform into a remote for the T.V. and they would never lose it again.

That being said, while I strongly dislike the animation style I do find the show hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    Beast Boy's was rather smart actually. Think about it, he could transform into a remote for the T.V. and they would never lose it again.
    Now you can be a cake and eat it too. Starfire's lingo...

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    That being said, while I strongly dislike the animation style I do find the show hilarious.
    Yeah but whatever fits the budget and as long as the humour's good that's all that matters.

Fanboys will be fanboys, comparing 2 different but in a way the same show with the same cast is bad.
    Teen Titans: Intended to serious and dark.
    Teen Titans Go!:Intended for comedy, modern day cartoon humor, to appeal to a new gen.
    I hate it when people get caught up in the past.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

And incredibly enough, the original show was not serious and dark top to bottom, and did comedy as well as any show of the time, particularly in the episodes designed for it.

-----
    Words to|live by

It's good so far. I wasn't so determind to watch it until my friend pushed me to it.

I watched the first episode and hated it, so much so that I ranted about it to my friends at school the day after watching it. But a few days ago I got bored so I decided to watch the other 3 episodes on On Demand. After watching those I felt a little better towards the show. My overall conclusion is this. It stinks compared to the original Teen Titans, but as it's own show it's ok. There were just as many jokes that made me groan as ones that made me laugh. Really, it's not awful but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it unless I was kinda bored. Also, to those saying it's not dark, I'd have to say they're wrong. They freaking spend an episode emphasizing the fact that Raven's the spawn of a demon... they never did that in the old show. Dat' PG rating man.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    They freaking spend an episode emphasizing the fact that Raven's the spawn of a demon... they never did that in the old show. Dat' PG rating man.
    Well... no, let's be fair. They spent a whole season doing that in the original series.

-----
    Words to|live by

Fair point, but they never outright state it. I just think it's funny because for the longest time, shows on kids networks could never mention certain stuff like that one because it was too dark, and two because it had something to do with real life religions and they're all like, "mm mm, aint no body got time fo lawsuits and crap". But now they put stuff like that in kids shows all the freaking time.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

I liked it, but I'm watching the original online since I haven't seen it in a while.
    I have claimed Glaceon!
    Current Shiny hunt:
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Y Friend Safari: Ground type- Diggersby
    If you want to see some of my art, here's the link to my gallery:
    http://colorslive.com/author?id=144214
    You will also see me on these Forums:
    http://www.evergrandecity.com/member.php?u=134
    http://www.thepikaclub.co.uk/forum/ucp.php?i=164
    http://www.virtuadopt.com/profile.php
    http://mlpforums.com/user/28460-wanderingzbornak/

Funny Fire Emblem Awakening moment(pic from GoggleWaddleDee): http://i.imgur.com/XhLhhsZ.jpg

It's a good comedic spin-off of TT and I wish fewer were hard on it.

I don;t mind it. For what it is it is fun

I watched two random episodes of it, and I thought it was meh. I don't hate it or anything, but it doesn't grab my attention quite like the original show did.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Gave the show a chance. Laughed pretty hard at it. It's not Teen Titans and I wasn't expecting it to be. The designs arr super cute too. Sign me up for more I guess.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I watched two random episodes of it, and I thought it was meh. I don't hate it or anything, but it doesn't grab my attention quite like the original show did.
    The original was amazing, and much more than just a kids show. Some of the villians in the first series like Trigon and Slade were just awesome.

this one feels to lighthearted and hollow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12