Thread: Darkrai Mewtwo Returns! The counter- plasma deck

Lightbulb Darkrai Mewtwo Returns! The counter- plasma deck

This deck list thread is brought to you by Alastair and I have been wondering about the new Plasma Themed deck that is going to be so good as I have heard and I really wanted to develop a counter. Well, here it is. I hope you enjoy! ;488;

Pokemon: 10

3 Darkrai EX
    2 Mewtwo EX
    3 Sableye
    1 Registeel EX
    1 Cobalion EX

Trainers: 36
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Laser
    2 Energy Search
    2 Cheren
    2 Potion
    3 Dark Patch
    Computer Search
    3 Max Potion
    3 Energy Switch
    2 Full heal
    1 Crushing hammer
    1 Super Scoop Up

Energy: 14
    3 DCE
    3 Prism Energy
    8 Darkness energy

So that's The List thanks for your time! Please help me improve it some more. ;488;

I will burn you...

Quote Originally Posted by jwalquis0388 View Post
    This deck list thread is brought to you by Alastair and I have been wondering about the new Plasma Themed deck that is going to be so good as I have heard and I really wanted to develop a counter. Well, here it is. I hope you enjoy!

Pokemon: 10

3 Darkrai EX
    2 Mewtwo EX
    3 Sableye
    1 Registeel EX
    1 Cobalion EX

Trainers: 36
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Laser
    2 Energy Search
    2 Cheren
    2 Potion
    3 Dark Patch
    Computer Search
    3 Max Potion
    3 Energy Switch
    2 Full heal
    1 Crushing hammer
    1 Super Scoop Up

Energy: 14
    3 DCE
    3 Prism Energy
    8 Darkness energy

So that's The List thanks for your time! Please help me improve it some more.
    So, the list may be a bit inconsistent. But then again i'm not sure. you say this counters the new plasma deck. could you explain how? Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Looks like speed darkrai without the maxed out e. switch and dark patch which is what this deck really needs. As a counter for plasma, you have to have a turn 1 counter to deoxys and thundurous (pretty much the only 2 worth mentioning) which is landorous itself (why is this card getting better, until megalo cannon comes out). IF this was DTM (darkrai/terrakion/mewtwo, or whatever it's name was) then you'd have a decent counter for plasma freeze.

Full heal is not useful as you could just put in keldeo e.switch or attache the dark for the ability and the retreat and the reason. 3 max potion isn't that useful considering the use of no scramble switch, and even if you we're to play the scramble it's still not that useful, I'd say put in 2 dark claw so darkrai can start the turn 2 auto swing ko (30 then catcher ko for 140 which is how darkrai beats keldeo, mewtwo, etc). Registeel isn't that great of a tech from testing, spreads great and all but still lose's to lando and play steel not prism for hammers, cobalion and e. switch.
    Last edited by ven?; 25th April 2013 at 5:46 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I might max out those trainers, but not catcher. I don't like cards everyone uses. I want to counter them. And full heal in my opinion is better than the Keldeo/switch/retreat/ etc. because I can keep the Darkrai or whoever active and only use one card. Can you guys help to make a deck on another thread that is not stereotypical? That might be fun to see if a successful deck is even possible without catcher/skyla/laser etc. If I wanted to make a "Competitive" decklist I would, but I don't like popular stuff. I use what works for me.

I will burn you...

I might max out those trainers, but not catcher. I don't like cards everyone uses. I want to counter them. And full heal in my opinion is better than the Keldeo/switch/retreat/ etc. because I can keep the Darkrai or whoever active and only use one card. Can you guys help to make a deck on another thread that is not stereotypical? That might be fun to see if a successful deck is even possible without catcher/skyla/laser etc. If I wanted to make a "Competitive" decklist I would, but I don't like popular stuff. I use what works for me.

This is my 3rd year play testing darkrai variant decks, if you want to play darkrai as a leisure deck then don't run "popular" stuff but it won't run properly without maxed out e.switch, ultra ball and dark patch (that's a deck engine test, it's what makes darkrai run a turn 1 140 night spear, if you pull off the hand and juniper) and if thats popular whatever, it's not popular because we want it to be, it's proven that if you build the item section of you're list that way it's a proven win consistency. Supporters don't matter, idc about what supporters you have as long as you play 9-10 of them you're golden. as for keldeo is 1 card in you're deck, full heal is 3 cards in you're deck. 6 useless sleeves, nuff said.
    Last edited by ven?; 25th April 2013 at 7:06 PM.

As for energy switch and dark patch, I did max out and my point was that catcher and Keldeo are NOT the only ways to go about the same goal. And full heal is an item (reusable with sableye) and cannot be catchered up and KOed like Keldeo, a Pokemon. And catcher is going to be almost useless exept for hitting the benched Pokemon in the new format with Float Stone, which I am considering in this deck list.

I will burn you...

As for energy switch and dark patch, I did max out and my point was that catcher and Keldeo are NOT the only ways to go about the same goal. And full heal is an item (reusable with sableye) and cannot be catchered up and KOed like Keldeo, a Pokemon. And catcher is going to be almost useless exept for hitting the benched Pokemon in the new format with Float Stone, which I am considering in this deck list.
    Why are they put together? Maybe I should put it simply, keldeo trumps HTL (hypnotoxic laser) that's why it's a recommended card in every deck (then again having the ability of free retreat with darkrai, which I even wonder if you noticed because there is no need for float stone in a deck of no retreat cost, maybe if it was the one that reduced prizes taken, this is why I say max e. switch so you can just dark patch and e.switch, save the attache phase for a pokemon you plan on attacking with, keldeos rush in to counter sleep and poison then use darkrai's ability to retreat) and that is why catcher will be in everyone's decks until it gets kicked out of rotation, in other words keldeo made catcher more playable.

4 Catcher and 1 keldeo, it's a staple, but darkrai only needs to run 3 catcher.
    Last edited by ven?; 26th April 2013 at 6:40 PM.

I see............

I will burn you...

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Supporters don't matter, idc about what supporters you have as long as you play 9-10 of them you're golden.
    I really hate to be this way, but no, it totally matters which Supporters you use.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    I really hate to be this way, but no, it totally matters which Supporters you use.
    Nit Picking is how I'd describe this. I think we are ALL aware as to which supporters are good and which arent. No need to be cheeky Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Quote Originally Posted by Swagsire
    Nit Picking is how I'd describe this. I think we are ALL aware as to which supporters are good and which arent. No need to be cheeky Qwaa
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu

If anyone we're to play 4 cilan anyone would question the logic if you only had the use of 6 N/juniper/cheren/bianca, etc. But playing a staple amount of supporters based off of a winning decklist that works form somebody else might to will probably let you down. Testing and understanding the decklists consistency in creating an auto/continuous ko rate is key regardless of what he chooses to do.