Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures! (784)

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    It hasn't happened for over 100+ episodes since DP ended. Having it happen for a few episodes in this arc isn't going to kill anyone. Especially since we don't know if Team Rocket will be serious again in XY. The writers may just want them to be a nuisance again for a little bit while they can. Also who cares as long as they are actually competent?
    Ahahaha, you tell yourself there's a chance they're going to be serious again in XY.

I don't care how 'competent' they are, if they're doing the same crap that I was sick of by the end of DP, no thanks.

And they weren't the only problem with what I saw, either. You could literally switch Iris for Dawn, Cilan for Brock and Juniper for Rowan and this episode would fit perfectly into the DP mold.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    It hasn't happened for over 100+ episodes since DP ended. Having it happen for a few episodes in this arc isn't going to kill anyone. Especially since we don't know if Team Rocket will be serious again in XY. The writers may just want them to be a nuisance again for a little bit while they can. Also who cares as long as they are actually competent?
    Well from what we have seen its happening in every episode, I would be fine if it happened like eery 5 or better 10 or 15 and we actually had BW normal episodes instead of DP/AG TR episodes, they won't be serious Taidow, they can't just flip flop them all the time.

So when Ash sent his pokemon over to Oaks did he send them all or keep some?

Sorry saw a comment saying he sent all of them bar Oshawatt but another saying he gave some balls to Trio, bit confused.
    Kanto: (x30)
    Orange Islands:
    Johto:
    Hoenn:
    Battle Frontier:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova:

WHO WILL BE NEXT?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Well from what we have seen its happening in every episode, I would be fine if it happened like eery 5 or better 10 or 15 and we actually had BW normal episodes instead of DP/AG TR episodes, they won't be serious Taidow, they can't just flip flop them all the time.
    They can if they have Giovanni give them a serious mission. Even when had their old TR moments in early BW like the Litwick episode. Just like Ash is flexible enough to be an dummy in one episode and a total competent trainer in another, Team Rocket is also flexible enough to fulfill whatever role the writers want them to have. It's still in character.
    Last edited by Sushi; 25th April 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    If XY doesn't bring anything new to the table I just might.
    I think you're hoping for something unrealistic here.. We'll get a new girl, possibly a new male addition to the cast, and then what? We have seen where rotating went, Battle Clubs have been mediocre at best. Considering that, there haven't been any major new additions this series as well, so...

Eitherway, I thought this was a good setting off episode for as much as it was. The first half was undoubtably far more entertaining the second half, which was just a generic plot with a generic solution, but Oshawott was enjoyable.. Being proud at being Team Rocket's Bane.. xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I like the sound of today's episode! I wonder if we'll have Muk harassing Oshawott in the way we had Gible do it to Piplup and Heracross to Bulbasaur. Now that would be funny! Muk glomping Oshawott...

So can anyone tell me what happened with Ash's Pokemon? Which Pokemon does he have with him as of the end of the episode.

Someone said just Pikachu and Oshawott. From my previous posts, it'll be obvious that I wouldn't have chosen Oshawott to be the only one to go with him, but it is still much better than having 4 or 5 out of 6 slots practically permanently occupied with Pokemon Ash rarely rotates off. I desperately hope that it is true that Ash has emptied most of his slots, whether or not he has Oshawott, because this could mean loads of flexibility.

I'm getting excited at the thought that Ash could pull out a totally random team every episode!

I would love the idea someone put about having a Kanto reunion. That would be amazing. By this I mean a full one at Oak's lab (as there are more than 6), not just the four starters as in AG. Butterfree, Tauros, Muk, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu and maybe even Pidgeot/Primeape!
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I think you're hoping for something unrealistic here.. We'll get a new girl, possibly a new male addition to the cast, and then what? We have seen where rotating went, Battle Clubs have been mediocre at best. Considering that, there haven't been any major new additions this series as well, so...
    Sad to say, you're probably right. I'm always going to remember this episode as the point where the show tried to do some new things but gave up and went right back to the same old tired formula.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Yeah, not too happy to see TR are back to being pains. They already seem to be appearing in every episode causing some type of trouble, because the writers are too lazy to not rely on the same ol' tired TR plot device episodes. Steal Pikachu + Gang Pokemon, thwarted, blasted off in a comedic fashion. If they go back to being shoehorned into every episode that's just a shame. Even the next episode looks pretty bland.

It was nice seeing Mijumaru save the day, good to see things can go his way. Iris having her Doryuzu use Dig on a boat. Parker strikes me as sinister and villainous, cool plot twist if he turns out to be evil. The dream scene and fantasy scenes in this episode were nice too.

I'm gonna have to second or third or fourth that question about Ash's Pokémon. Did he send them to Oak or did he keep them all?

About the pokeballs, I think Ash kept six. The tray wasn't overflowing with pokeballs, so Ash deposited five, Iris three and Cilan three, which made a total of eleven pokeballs. Meaning that:
    - Unfezant
    - Palpitoad
    - Leavanny
    - Boldore

They are all likely at Oak's already and Ash will only showcase:
    - Pikachu
    - Oshawott
    - Pignite
    - Snivy
    - Charizard
    - Scraggy? Based on the opening?

And you'll see it getting eaten up even if it ends up being nothing but Gyms divided by long stretches of the same episode rehashed again and again, just like DP was.

To think I thought the early N episodes were bad. This actually hurt to watch, and not even just because of TR.
    Yeah, you're thinking of Johto, not DP. DP had contests in between gyms, an interesting rival that showed up quite a few times, a few tournaments, and arcs with game characters and villains.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here?

I admit I was wrong about the first N episodes. This time I'm serious, I feel no desire to want to watch another episode of this arc unless something surprising happens.

Figures. They just couldn't be happy with the damn radio show.

Because the first 10 minutes were a painfully boring, annoying rehash of all the worst aspects of DP, and from the sound of it that didn't suddenly change in minute 11.
    Yeah, Team Rocket acting competent and having decent costumes is definitely one of the worst aspects of DP.. DEFINITELY.. The first 10 episode were just what you could expect. The only thing that could've made it a bit better was if Ash would've all his Unova Pokemon out at once at Junipers. That's my only negative note about the first ten minutes.

Sad to say, you're probably right. I'm always going to remember this episode as the point where the show tried to do some new things but gave up and went right back to the same old tired formula.
    Wait what? Where in this episode did they try to do new things?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I think that yes Araragi was talking with Oak about sending his other pokemon over, can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    I like the sound of today's episode! I wonder if we'll have Muk harassing Oshawott in the way we had Gible do it to Piplup and Heracross to Bulbasaur. Now that would be funny! Muk glomping Oshawott...

So can anyone tell me what happened with Ash's Pokemon? Which Pokemon does he have with him as of the end of the episode.

Someone said just Pikachu and Oshawott. From my previous posts, it'll be obvious that I wouldn't have chosen Oshawott to be the only one to go with him, but it is still much better than having 4 or 5 out of 6 slots practically permanently occupied with Pokemon Ash rarely rotates off. I desperately hope that it is true that Ash has emptied most of his slots, whether or not he has Oshawott, because this could mean loads of flexibility.

I'm getting excited at the thought that Ash could pull out a totally random team every episode!

I would love the idea someone put about having a Kanto reunion. That would be amazing. By this I mean a full one at Oak's lab (as there are more than 6), not just the four starters as in AG. Butterfree, Tauros, Muk, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu and maybe even Pidgeot/Primeape!
    No he seems to have Scraggy, Oshawott, Charizard, Snivy , Pignite and obviously Pikachu with him the others I think need someone who knows japanese to confirm, were sent to Oak or Araragi said she would be sending them to Oak.

Don't count on him having a random team, heck even this ones mentioned don't seem to be appearing much, all we know is Oshawott, Pikachu and Axew will appear frequently nothing else.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 25th April 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Oh man, I really like this episode, I found it really enjoyable! Yay, its a new opening!!

Wow, funny to see Ash dreaming. So Ash decides to go back to Kanto with Iris and Cilan so Professor Juniper recommends a cruise but man, Team Rocket like to mess up by switching the tickets and tricking them! >>;

Lol, Oshawott is so funny popping out of nowhere. Haha, so I really like Oshawott helping out, by just running around and messing with Team Rocket! Oh no, while in battle Excadrill falls down the ship and by doing so sinking it! Anyway, Team Rocket leave but I guess they're back with their tricks again.

So Parker welcomes them to the actual ship.. Yay, a new ending too! Anyway, great episode, I really enjoyed it! Now I'm really looking forward to the next episode!! So a; 9/10 as its super funny!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Oak already has Unfezant, Ash traded it for Charizard.

The M16 site shows Pikachu, Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott and Charizard. So the 6th one is up in the air but I'd assume it's Scraggy. Palpitoad, Leavanny, Boldore and Krookodile were more for serious battling, while Scraggy is a marketable baby, which works for this arc.

So yeah I guess he just deposited the ones that Juniper had and not his current team.

Iris is a wake call to Ash and I think she use Pikachu to wake him

Well wasn't Ash's Leavanny shown to be in the movie? Although the movie might still take place between Episode N and Da! since it takes place in Unova and Ash would still have had Leavanny in rotation.

Random : PokéRadar

Oh ok, that's a shame that he probably still has a full team.

To be honest, it sounded too good to be true for this horrible saga!

EDIT: It is definitely the case that Ash still has a full team of 6, since after he spoke to Oak, the team give their Pokemon to Team Rocket (which obviously they get back) and in the tray there are 11 Pokeballs: 5 of Ash's, 3 of Cilan's and 3 of Iris' (Since they don't use them from Pikachu or Axew). That isn't to say he won't rotate them off at all, but I'm not expecting much now...
    Last edited by naughtynun; 25th April 2013 at 1:28 PM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Wow, after watching this episode I hope most if not all of the other episodes will be like this! I'm sure the "Da" saga, will be a really fun and enjoyable saga!! Well, at least in my opinion it will be... >>;

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

So team rocket is blasting off again.....again. It seems like the anime has come full circle from the end of DP to the start of Da.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

It looks like Team Rocket starts blasting off again...YAAAYYY!
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

What can I say...DA seems to be playing up to Oshawott
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    There's a reason why it's called "Pokémon BW: Oshawott Adventures - Snivy's Complete Neglect."

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I can't wait for the moment when Charizard needs help from Oshawott like he did with Pignite. Oshawott glorification is one of the best things about this arc.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

And yet all of the development/screentime he gains will go to waste considering he won't do anything worthwhile and will still lose battles frequently.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    There's a reason why it's called "Pokémon BW: Oshawott Adventures - Snivy's Complete Neglect."
    That must be the secret hidden undertitle... what a perfect name for it

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    And yet all of the development/screentime he gains will go to waste considering he won't do anything worthwhile and will still lose battles frequently.

Sigh.
    Hard to believe Piplup got the better end of the deal
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Just got around to actually watching it.

Seemed like a good episode! Was quite fun. Team Rocket were used correctly here; that is, the story revolved around them and they weren't just being used as a plot device to move a boring COTD's story forward. Glad to be seeing them back to their former selves at any rate, and the Basculin submarine would hint to more of the same is on its way (though kinda funny that they chose Basculin over Magikarp when they're currently heading to Kanto).

Mijuwott was fun as usual, and I think he fits well with classic TRio. Keep the guy away from battles if he's not meant to win them.

Iris using dig probably wasn't her best idea ever...

One annoying thing is that the majority of the animation seemed new, yet Team Rocket's motto still reused footage from BWS1. Can't we get some new animation for them? I also don't like how it just cuts away to abstract scenes like that, there was a time where we'd see them perform their motto while standing on the actual ground. The dub will alleviate this issue somewhat by varying the motto slightly as they always do, but it won't change the fact that we're just seeing the same clip played each time. At least they made the blasting off animation part of the actual scene instead of reusing an older clip.

Apart from maybe some quick development stories for Oshawott and Iris (with Clair maybe), it looks like Da! will all be filler. But it's honestly fine as long as it doesn't degenerate into TRio kidnapping the Pokémon of the day from the character of the day.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast