Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures! (784)

Wow I gotta say, I think this episode might be one of the worst if not the worst episode we had in BW so far. I know the TRio had their downs in the past, but this time they have truly gone back to their DP selves. For me that completely ruins DA, let alone this episode since it was TR centered.

Other then that the episode just felt like a poor rip-off from the episode 'A scare in the air' . If I had to give this episode a rating it would be a 3/10

They definitely are not DP bad. I wouldn't of survived the episode if they were.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

SO what was the conversation with Giovanni about?

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    SO what was the conversation with Giovanni about?
    Trio: Boss we destroyed Team Plasma

Giovanni: Good job.

James: OMG, Boss!!

Trio: Happy!

This episode wasn't bad. People should really stop categorizing episodes. Filler, Rocket filler, Oshawott Filler, Blah, blah, blah. The episode had its fun moments. Those who don't understand Jap clearly feel ruined. But it was decent comedy. Especially Iris commanding Dig and Excadrill jumping out. Enjoy these moments guys, stop using words like 'ruined', 'destroyed', etc.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 25th April 2013 at 6:11 PM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Yeah, you're thinking of Johto, not DP. DP had contests in between gyms, an interesting rival that showed up quite a few times, a few tournaments, and arcs with game characters and villains.
    Contests were only an excuse to put Dawn in as many costumes as possible (and TR helped ruin them, too), Paul was a color-by-numbers stereotype of an 'edgy' rival whose entire story was obvious the moment he released Chimchar, there was only one non-required tournament arc, and Team Galactic was handled in the most predictable way possible.

Yeah, Team Rocket acting competent and having decent costumes is definitely one of the worst aspects of DP.. DEFINITELY..
    If they're blasting off every week, they're not competent. The disguises were standard issue and no different than any of their old ones.

Wait what? Where in this episode did they try to do new things?
    I meant that it marked the point where the writers gave up trying to do new things.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Contests were only an excuse to put Dawn in as many costumes as possible (and TR helped ruin them, too), Paul was a color-by-numbers stereotype of an 'edgy' rival whose entire story was obvious the moment he released Chimchar, there was only one non-required tournament arc, and Team Galactic was handled in the most predictable way possible.
    Word. Especially on Team Galactic. They mave have been "characters and a story from the games", but they were used in a way as far from the games' spirit as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Seems like Araragi said she is sending Satoshi pokemon to Oak, Oshawott doesn't want to go(I think), don't tell me Satoshi is really just doing DA with Oshawott and Pikachu
    Was this ever confirmed or not?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Wow I gotta say, I think this episode might be one of the worst if not the worst episode we had in BW so far. I know the TRio had their downs in the past, but this time they have truly gone back to their DP selves. For me that completely ruins DA, let alone this episode since it was TR centered.

Other then that the episode just felt like a poor rip-off from the episode 'A scare in the air' . If I had to give this episode a rating it would be a 3/10
    They have so many horrible episodes its hard to say that in my opinion, I can't wait to leave this series behind.

-Writers making Team Rocket back to being comical and fun, I missed that side to them, all this time I thought they forgot to write Jessie and James, good fpr themXD Why haven't Dento or Iris noticed the change? They act like they've always been like that.

-Seems like Bel will be playing a larger role this series, even though that should have happened in the N arc but whatever. I say that cuz she got more screen time than any one else.

-I don't see Paul or Trip or Gary coming back, its nice to see they remember them though.

-Will Brock return? Seems about right, don't think Misty or Dawn or May will, they all got there cameos already. Flashbacks for Brock doesn't count. I'm sure Tracey will return for sure, well when they make it to Oak's place so hurray!

-Nurse Joy and Jenny returning to older animation, thank goodness I missed that animation on them.

Over all, I enjoyed it for the most part even though I know some of the things in the opening and ending credits won't happen, still nice to see some of the characters again.

edit;

Oh, I'm glad the Iris thing turned out to be a bad dream *Few*
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 25th April 2013 at 7:08 PM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Nice cameo by Muk, but it's a shame there wasn't more to it. Will it ever show us that fourth move?
    Nice to see Oshawott doing something good for a change. When's the last time that happened? .......... ?
    I know it's not technically allowed here, but it does have to be said (as others already have) the best bit about this episode was all the cameos in the end credits. With all those cameos I might once have gotten my hopes up, but I know better now.
    Several people here have mentioned Iris talking about seeing "All the Kanto Dragon types" even though she has Dragonite (the only one apart from its pre-evolutions) but how about Horsea and Seadra? Technically not dragon types but they do evolve into Kindra, making an appearance by it possible.

I think TR need to go now, though. Like Brock before them they are now old and tired characters, with what little plot there is around them being predictable rehashings of six hundred other episodes.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Was this ever confirmed or not?
    I think he sent some, but he kept Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, snivy, Charizard, and Scraggy going off the ending. We know Leavanny is showing up in the movie, so it's safe to assume he's still rotating.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Say what you will about contests and extra tournaments, but you have to admit that they are a far better way to showcase various pokemon (as well as introduce new ones) than what we got a thousand times in the Johto series, which was - This is >instert generic name here< and these are his/her pokemon >insert 1-6 individuals of one kind of pokemon here< Ash and his friends meet and talk with the trainer, TR tries to steal them, Pikachu uses Thunderbolt, Ash says goodbye to his new friends hoping to see them again on day, even though everyone involved knows that it will never happen...

Paul may have been a stereotype, but he was a decent rival to Ash at the very least. Gary existed to give subtle teases and little more besides, and Trip was just a disappointment.
    You'll get no arguments from me on the handling of Team Galactic. They and all other villainous teams have been handled poorly.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    They have so many horrible episodes its hard to say that in my opinion, I can't wait to leave this series behind.
    BW is actually my favorite series minus DA. I know it's to early to say but it seems like DA is gonna be even worse than DP in my opinion

Writers making Team Rocket back to being comical and fun, I missed that side to them, al this time I thought they forgot to write Jessie and James
    They haven't been comical and fun since OS. Also, I think they were more in character during BW (again minus DA) than in AG or DP.

This episode was pretty bland imo. I didn't enjoy seeing Team Rocket regress from what they were in BW, but oh well I can't change the writers being lazy XD
    I also found it stupid how Ash and co. would just hand their Pokeballs to anyone, but it was funny too in a way lol. Oh well at least Charizard is still here, even if he isn't doing anything lately. I rate this episode a 4/10
    Last edited by Dawn+Serena Fan; 25th April 2013 at 7:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    Paul may have been a stereotype, but he was a decent rival to Ash at the very least.
    Plus, I felt his jerkiness was refreshing compared to the happy-go-lucky twerps.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Plus, I felt his jerkiness was refreshing compared to the happy-go-lucky twerps.
    i like paul as a rival. A rival is meant to push you and beat you not be your best friend. At best be an anti-hero.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

I actually liked this episode. I thought it was pretty funny, especially when Amoonguss tried to plug the hole itself but ended up blasting off the TRio. Also, props for the obvious trolling at the beginning of the episode with the two dragons.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Maybe the dream wasn't a dream but a vision...

What did Giovannie say to TR??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Yeah I have no idea why I woke up to watch this episode, there was nothing redeemable, and no Iris using Excadrill to dig on a boat, doesn't make up for the entire episode.

And I guess Oshawott was okay. evolve already

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    Oh ok, that's a shame that he probably still has a full team.

To be honest, it sounded too good to be true for this horrible saga!

EDIT: It is definitely the case that Ash still has a full team of 6, since after he spoke to Oak, the team give their Pokemon to Team Rocket (which obviously they get back) and in the tray there are 11 Pokeballs: 5 of Ash's, 3 of Cilan's and 3 of Iris' (Since they don't use them from Pikachu or Axew). That isn't to say he won't rotate them off at all, but I'm not expecting much now...
    But that's like saying that Ash is going to be in Kanto and calling up Professor Juniper to switch out Pokemon.

He's heading to Kanto, so it makes sense for Oak to have all his Pokemon, he'll just rotate them out using Oak instead.

Juniper was used mostly for convenience, which can no longer be the case since we're gearing up for 6th generation.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Dogasu says Giovanni praised them for defeating Team Plasma and told them to keep doing their best. That's it - as if BW up until Operation Tempest never even happened.

Also, there was a reference to the radio show in one of James's lines, which means their little pet project is actually affecting the main series after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    Say what you will about contests and extra tournaments, but you have to admit that they are a far better way to showcase various pokemon (as well as introduce new ones) than what we got a thousand times in the Johto series, which was - This is >instert generic name here< and these are his/her pokemon >insert 1-6 individuals of one kind of pokemon here< Ash and his friends meet and talk with the trainer, TR tries to steal them, Pikachu uses Thunderbolt, Ash says goodbye to his new friends hoping to see them again on day, even though everyone involved knows that it will never happen...
    I liked the Don George tournaments because every character got something to do. Contests were garbage overall because all they did every time was force fanservice of the female sidekick while Ash and Brock constantly repeated how pretty everything was.

And that's to say nothing of how poorly Jessie was treated by getting turned into an infantilized self-parody who only wasted time in Contests - she was never going to be any kind of competition for either May or Dawn, only won a single Contest that was fully done onscreen (the other two were mostly-offscreen sideplots), entered the Grand Festival with two Ribbons she didn't win, and ultimately got eliminated in a one-minute montage battle like a complete joke, meaning all that time she took up was wasted.

Contests were only interesting for the side characters.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Dogasu says Giovanni praised them for defeating Team Plasma and told them to keep doing their best. That's it - as if BW up until Operation Tempest never even happened.
    L-O-freaking-L. The situation I said was the least likeliest actually happened.

I liked the Don George tournaments because every character got something to do. Contests were garbage overall because all they did every time was force fanservice of the female sidekick while Ash and Brock constantly repeated how pretty everything was.
    This.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    To answer a few people's questions:

- Araragi-Hakase told Orchid-Hakase that she will be sending the reserves Satoshi has at her lab over to his.

- Sakaki praised the Rocket trio for taking down the Plasma-Dan (they're taking credit for that too) and told them to keep up the good work. The trio was super happy to be praised by their boss and vowed to capture Pikachu so they can continue being praised.

- They're still just using the Best Wishes! BGM.
    So yeah all the pokemon are at Oak now besides the ones Satoshi has in hand obviously.

And that's to say nothing of how poorly Jessie was treated by getting turned into an infantilized self-parody who only wasted time in Contests - she was never going to be any kind of competition for either May or Dawn, only won a single Contest that was fully done onscreen (the other two were mostly-offscreen sideplots), entered the Grand Festival with two Ribbons she didn't win, and ultimately got eliminated in a one-minute montage battle like a complete joke, meaning all that time she took up was wasted.
    Quoted for the complete truth.

Seeing TR use their Pokemon as plugs was pathetic.

So flipping happy to see the old team rocket

9.5/10

hard to find many faults for this episode
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast