Thread: Battle Tower team needs rating/recommendations...

Default Battle Tower team needs rating/recommendations...

Alright, so i wanted to try and get 100 consecutive wins at the Battle Tower. I tried countless times before but i never got past 41 victories. I now have some tricks in mind to break that record.

Timid Articuno
    @ Focus Sash
    - Mind Reader
    - Sheer Cold
    - Roost
    - Double Team

Timid Zapdos
    @ ?
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Roar

Modest Latios
    @ ?
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Surf/Dragon Pulse
    - Recover

Yeah i know what you think... Mind Reader + Sheer Cold is a cheap way to win. But i tried pretty much everything else and i really want this to work. The main strategy with this is to get that combo out there as much as possible without fainting Articuno. I was thinking of paralyzing opponents with Thunder Wave, and then switching them out with Roar to paralyze the next target. When everyone's paralyzed and Zapdos is downed in battle, Articuno will set up Double Team as much as possible. If damage is taken, Articuno will heal with Roost. Then it can sweep with Mind Reader + Sheer Cold. Latios is here for coverage on Rock types, Articuno's main weakness (and one of Zapdos' weaknesses). The same reason why i chose Surf for Latios instead of another move. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Buuz
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

You should probably have some kind of plan for pokemon with Sturdy

Good call... Most Pokémon with Sturdy are Rock-types though, so shouldn't Latios be able to cover that?
    My future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, (event shiny) Metagross, Torkoal, Altaria, Walrein, Groudon

Proven fact: Stardust Road and Teresa Waltz from the Super Mario Galaxy CD are good lullabies. Thanks to Savanny Killersaurus for demonstrating.

Your team looks mostly sound, which is great. Looking at the item issue though, you've hit the nail on the head with Articuno, for Zapdos I'd drop Roar (not sure what else to put in however, a Hidden Power would be nice but I suppose it isn't totally needed) and throw in a...Leftovers or Lum Berry? I don't particularly know, never mind remember, what I'd put in there, but I suppose that would work, beats nothing. For Latios, definitely a Life Orb. The added power is always welcome, the only drawback is the 10% HP effect, however it shouldn't matter too much.
    Hope I helped, haven't done this in ages.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

You did give me some ideas. The idea behind Roar was paralyzing my opponent, forcing a switch and then paralyze the next one giving my team a speed advantage and an occasional free turn. Don't know what else to put in, i am not a fan of Hidden Power because of its unpredictable power and typing. I have had bad experiences with it as well so no HP. Life Orb is a good choice for Latios, i will use that one. So the Lum Berry goes to Zapdos. I am training a Gyarados (Dragon Dancer), Gengar (suicide Destiny Bond) and Metagross (Explosion suicider) to complete the team. I hope this will be enough. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Buuz View Post
    You did give me some ideas. The idea behind Roar was paralyzing my opponent, forcing a switch and then paralyze the next one giving my team a speed advantage and an occasional free turn. Don't know what else to put in, i am not a fan of Hidden Power because of its unpredictable power and typing. I have had bad experiences with it as well so no HP. Life Orb is a good choice for Latios, i will use that one. So the Lum Berry goes to Zapdos. I am training a Gyarados (Dragon Dancer), Gengar (suicide Destiny Bond) and Metagross (Explosion suicider) to complete the team. I hope this will be enough. Thanks!
    Sounds promising. Of course there's better out there but it'll do of course!
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

You mean the thing i have in mind for Zapdos? I considered Jolteon but one strong hit can take it out. Zapdos might last a little longer. Plus, it is immune to EQ...
    Last edited by Buuz; 1st June 2013 at 12:29 PM.