Thread: Ubers Team (Peaked at 1457 on PO)

Default Ubers Team (Peaked at 1457 on PO)

Hi everybody (I suck at intros). This is my ubers team. It has peaked at 1457 on PO and is one of my more successful teams. Here it is:

Changes in bold
    Things that I am testing in italics

Darkrai @ Life Orb Trait: Bad Dreams
    EVs: 212 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dark Void
    - Substitute
    - Dark Pulse
    - Focus Blast
    I chose Darkrai simply because of how amazing he is in the Uber's metagame. The ability to cripple a pokemon for the rest of the match and usually take down another one? Yes please! I opted to go with substitute over nasty plot to combat mewtwo, deoxys-a, skymin and scarfers. While nasty plot's power may be appealing, i find it more useful to be able to survive a hit and hit back. Life orb may seem like a wierd option because I am running substitute too but I prefer the extra power. Darkrai is a very important part to my team. Have a pokemon that I just can't shut down? Put it to sleep.

Arceus-Ghost @ Life Orb
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Shadow Claw
    - Brick Break
    The EKiller is, IMO, the best sweeper in ubers. I chose to maximize bulk and power on this set. One of the most important things is that it can survive a brick break from opposing arceuses at +2. However, I'm considering running enough EVs to outspeed base 95s, namely rayquaza. I chose shadow claw over shadow force because I felt that the latter was too unreliable. I am considering replacing brick break with earthquake because it has more power and hits the same targets (dialga, excadrill, ferrothorn, etc.) but it will not be able to hit opposing arceuses as effectively. Changed to Arceus-Ghost over Arceus-Normal

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 56 HP / 208 SAtk / 244 Spd
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    Latias is here as my Kyogre counter (it counters most special attackers too). The EVs are to ensure that it outruns terrakion. I chose hidden power over psyshock because while it doesn't have STAB, psyshock doesn't hit a lot of things effectively and leaves me walled by steels. Not really a lot more to say here.

Kyurem-W @ Haban Berry/Choice Scarf
    Trait: Turboblaze
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    - Fusion Flare
    - Focus Blast
    This is my main special attacker. Between dragon pulse, ice beam and fusion flare, most of the tier is hit at least neutrally, most of it super effectively. Focus blast is just filler although it hits the rare arceus-dark harder. I chose haban berry as my item mainly because it can survive hits from other dragons allowing it to revenge them in an emergancy. It surprises a lot of people and imo is better than LO as it already has enough power.

Dialga @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 52 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock
    This is my hazard setter. I run a weird set, half supporting, half attacking. The EVs ensure that it isn't 2HKOed by Palkia's Spacial Rend and the rest are dumped into special attack and HP. Roar is for building residual damage, especailly if they have a ho-oh, and for stopping set-up sweepers. Flamethrower is there because I hate ferrothorn and forretress. I chose it over fire blast because I hate it when a move that should've KOed misses.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Ice Beam
    - Explosion
    This is my scout and lead 99% of the time. I am having trouble deciding whether to run flamethrower or not. If I do, I am not sure what to give up. Explosion isn't doing very much but when it is used, it can easily change a game due to it being able to stop set-up sweepers. Once again, there's not really a lot to say. I wish I could come up with a long explanation about why I chose it but honestly, it's just so damn good, being able to revenge lati@s, mewtwo, darkrai, skymin, rayquaza, kyruem forms, garchomp and many more.

There you have it, my ubers team. This team suffers from a few things. The first if the fact that there is no hazard removal. Not a lot of my pokemon are weak to SR but if my oppoment gets 3 layers of spikes up, it becomes a pain. This team is also somewhat weak to scarf genesect, it's u-turns destroying latias and darkrai and iron head destroying kyurem-white.
    Last edited by emboarrocks; 27th April 2013 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Changed arceus and slashed choice scarf

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

do u hate smogan

id maybe try thunderbolt on genesect to hit kyogres and ho ohs, but i dont play ubers so lol

I can give you a few suggestions to make your team better-

firstly you've got a glaring weakness to fighting types. thhough there are very few fighting type pokemon that can be used effectively in the Uber tier, having 4 pokemon weak to fighting and only one resist is still a major flaw. Scarf Terrakion has the potential to sweep your whole team.

you could try running offensive ghost Arceus over normal arceus. Though extremespeed is definitely weaker, you get STAB shadow claw and better synergy with the rest of your team.

Arceus@ Spooky plate-
    4Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Nature- Adamant/ Jolly
    -Swords Dance
    -Shadow Claw
    -Extremespeed
    -Brick break/ Earthquake/ Recover
    To be honest with you, I've never tried this set out, but got swept a few times by it. The first three moveslots are obvious. On the last you can use Brick Break to hit Opposing Normal Arceus hard and so that you aren't walled by skarmory. EQ is a more powerful option, but will not hit pokemon like Skarmory and doesn't do major damage to Ferrothorn. Recover is just for recovery, but reduces coverage.

secondly, if you don't want to remove Normal Arceus, why are you using Life Orb with 252 Hp EVs. It's sort of counterproductive. I recommend you switch the Hp and Speed EVs or use a Silk Scarf instead.

Lastly, you might want to put a Choice Scarf on Kyurem-W. haban berry isn't all that great, And there's a good chance that you will be swept by your Opponent's scarf pokemon. With Kyurem's base 95 speed and a modest nature, you can outrun base 90 scarfers, and hit harder with the +SpAtk nature.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

@Honus, I've considered adding t-bolt but it doesn't really hit anything other than the two pokemon you mentioned. They have massive sp.defense anyways so it won't be doing a lot.

@T-bolt, I'll definately replace arceus-n with arceus ghost. Never noticed it before but I do have a huge fighting weakness. i'm not sure about choice scarf with kyurem-w as one of it's main selling points for me was the coverage it has. It also doesn't outspeed base 90 scarfers if they run a +speed nature. Will try that though.

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Hello Emboarrocks, cool Ubers team you've assembled here. That said, I think I spot a typo on Darkrai's spread: *252 Sp.Attack/ 4 Sp.Defense/ 252 Speed.

Honestly, I'm the fifth to last guy to come to for Ubers advice, so I'll try not to open any whole within the team's build as of now. Haha.

Ok. So I notice that your team seems to be needing more physical presence. 4 Sp.Attacks, 1 Physical and a Mixed Attacker means Blissey can wall all days and hever get tired of Toxic stalling while tearing you down with Seismic Toss. An interesting fix of Ho-Oh>Kyurem-B might be very beneficial. Ho-Oh has a very useful physical move pool with access to Roost, Brave Bird, Sacred Fire, Earthquake, Punishment, Flame Charge, etc. Couple this with Regenerator ability and you've got a massive weapon on your team. Here is the suggested set for your team:

Spoiler:- Physical Sweeper: Ho-Oh:

This is the only thing I can see that would be of help for now. Other than Mewtwo. Haha. I hope this helps and best of luck with the team.
    Last edited by CedOmega; 28th April 2013 at 5:40 AM.

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...

Leader of The Creed of the Dragon.
    Check out my latest RMT
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trainer Pose.

Nice to see another Ubers lover here! There are a few errors with your teambuilding though; you are missing evs on some Pokemon and Arceus Ghost cannot have any item other than Spooky Plate. Arceus Ghost also already has perfect coverage with Brick Break and Shadow Claw, and Extremespeed isnt actually needed unless you find trouble against fast, weakened Pokemon which I dont think your team is.

Also, running LO with Subsitute isnt a very good idea on Darkrai as he is already very frail, so why not Focus Sash Darkrai? It can take on Scarf Terrakion (which is dangerous to the team) and hit back hard with Focus Blast.

Darkrai@Focus Sash
    EVS: 252 Atk; 252 Spd; 4 SpD
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Bad Dreams
    - Dark Void
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Focus Blast

Your Dialga EV set is very well tailored, but the item is...meh. I would suggest the old Leftovers to give you that 6% boost, and anyways, what does Expert Belt help you do anyways?

I'll try your team out and tell you what else should be changed.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Arceus-Ghost @ Life Orb
    This doesn't work, just saying. Arceus-Ghost not holding Spooky Plate is treated by Showdown as Arceus-Normal.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis