Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were Cassidy and Buffy written off?

Default Were Cassidy and Buffy written off?

During the time Team rocket invaded Unova we so no Cassidy or Buffy or even Dr. Namba. We have seen them at least once per series however we have not seen them at all in BW. Is it safe to assume they have been written off or could they have been fired? Would of been fun to see them work with the trio and have the two doctors help at times

Or maybe they're going to appear in the arc that largely involves the gang traveling back to Kanto, where TR headquarters are? BW isn't actually over yet, remember.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I see what you did there @ thread title.

I haven't been keeping up with the anime since Advanced Battle, but I've always known they show up at least once per region. I figured they were placed under arrest again by the Sinnoh police, and Giovanni hasn't bothered to bail them out. I think that's how they got out of the Orange Islands prison, was the boss bailed them out. I do recall them saying he did just that after their arrest for the fake daycare.

But what do I know. I don't know what happened to them during D/P, but something must've been keeping them at bay from even the Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma episodes. In fact... I wonder if Jessie and James were given their job when they were promoted. Cassidy and Butch were supposed to go to Unova, but then Giovanni caught word of what Jessie and James "supposedly" did, and promoted them to about the same or above Cassidy and Butch's rank. Ooooh, that could be fodder for some interesting encounter in the future.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

After what happened the last time they showed they probably died in a pit of embarrassment and / or shame.

We'll see them again. If there ever is a huge showdown with the TR organization, those 2 are locks to be there.

They're usually around Kanto/Johto, if I recall correctly. However, Cassidy noted to JJM that she and Butch were the only two Team Rocket agents planted in Sinnoh. Think they set base there from now on?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I'm sure they will return soon. Maybe they'll have a brief appearance when the trio returns to headquarters.

I'm sure those 2 will be back eventually. I won't be surprised if they'll be back in DA. I miss Cassidy and Biff.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I miss Cassidy and Biff.
    Yeah, Barf was my favorite character.

I think Biff and Cassidy simply didn't appear because they cut off many characters and Pokémon from older regions. We didn't even see an older Pokémon until somewhere in the latter half of season 15. They'll have to be reintroduced along with Tracey, the older Nurse Joys and Officer Jennies, etc.

They'll probably be back, when Team Rocket gets into serious trouble later in the anime against Ash. Surely these two will come by and help.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

They were turned into JJ&M tier in Pokémon Chronicles so at least for me they lost their edge. I'd rather they not come back
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Iris and Cilan are probably going to end up being the first main companions not to meet Butch and Cassidy.

They'll probably be in DA *shudders at the thought*
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    They'll probably be in DA *shudders at the thought*
    I would love that. They'd get to meet Iris and Cilan.

I hope they don't appear *looks at Chronicles, AG and DP appearances*
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I hope they don't appear *looks at Chronicles, AG and DP appearances*
    If they improve them as much as BW improved TRio, I don't see much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    If they improve them as much as BW improved TRio, I don't see much of a problem.
    I would like that, but then there's also the problem of them regressing.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I would like that, but then there's also the problem of them regressing.
    I really hope they'd be written closer to their OS selves because I thought they were great in the OS.

I wouldn't even mind seeing AG/DP Cassidy and Butch again. They are still more serious than the TRio in DA

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    I wouldn't even mind seeing AG/DP Cassidy and Butch again. They are still more serious than the TRio in DA
    One of my problems with them in AG and DP is that they were using a lot of TRio's ideas (building robots and dressing up in disguises to steal Pokémon). In OS, they came up with some of their own ideas and that made them feel more unique to the TRio.

One of my problems with them in AG and DP is that they were using a lot of TRio's ideas (building robots and dressing up in disguises to steal Pokémon). In OS, they came up with some of their own ideas and that made them feel more unique to the TRio.
    I totally agree with you. It's just that now they ditched serious TRio and the writers are incapable of writing OS TRio, we're stuck with AG/DP TRio again which means that the chances are that if Cassidy and Butch reappear they'll be more like their AG/DP selves. Something I would usually mind but not now because the TRio is that much more idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    I totally agree with you. It's just that now they ditched serious TRio and the writers are incapable of writing OS TRio, we're stuck with AG/DP TRio again which means that the chances are that if Cassidy and Butch reappear they'll be more like their AG/DP selves. Something I would usually mind but not now because the TRio is that much more idiotic.
    I definitely agree with that. I would rather see Butch and Cassidy appear again then be stuck with idiotic TRio for the whole season.

I agree. They became really reductive and they lost the appeal that they had in OS.

I honestly would have loved to see them in BW simply because they were two interesting characters. I mean you'd think they would appear and continue their rivalry with Jessie and James considering how active Team Rocket has been in BW. Why didn't the writers bring them back?

^Especially when they brought in a fairly new Team Rocket member (Pierce) and he was swept off from the show with no whereabouts.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast