Thread: Sonic and Amy shipping

Default Sonic and Amy shipping

I alway love sonic and Amy together form sonic x they are really cute.. They are my favorite Shipping ^_^

I was thinking we could discuss all Sonic couples in this thread.

I like Sonamy a lot, but my favourite pairing in the Sonic franchise is Taismo (Tails and Cosmo)

Spma,y is one of my favorite couples next to Tailsmo and Knuxuge (Knuckles and Rouge), But this'll be cool enough to talk about
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I'm not a Sonic fan, but I'm not too crazy about Sonamy. It's very clear that Sonic doesn't want to be her boyfriend (hell, in Sonic X he really showed various times he didn't want to be involved in a relationship), but she won't let it go. He cares for her, but more as a friend. I'm more inclined to support Sonic/Blaze and Shadow/Amy than them, but I don't think Sonic is interested in romance whatsoever. The fact they attempted one with him and Princess Elise makes it face-palm worthy. (And yet there are people who do ship them together.)

For other pairings, I don't mind Knuckles and Rouge, and anime-wise, I thought Tails/Cosmo had potential. I personally have a teeny-tiny soft spot for Shadow/Maria. *beat* Yeah... a bit hypocritical because of Sonic/Elise, but I see it more as a mother/child or big sister/little brother relationship than romantic, though I won't bat an eye at it either way.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I'm more inclined to support Sonic/Blaze and Shadow/Amy than them, but I don't think Sonic is interested in romance whatsoever. The fact they attempted one with him and Princess Elise makes it face-palm worthy. (And yet there are people who do ship them together.)
    You know that gets me. Why was Amy in Sonic 06? Amy's main purpose as a character to be Sonic's supposed love interest, so what was the point of bringing her when her purpose was denied by Elise being Sonic's lover?

You know what ignore that, Sonic 06 never happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Chandelurefan1 View Post
    You know that gets me. Why was Amy in Sonic 06? Amy's main purpose as a character to be Sonic's supposed love interest, so what was the point of bringing her when her purpose was denied by Elise being Sonic's lover?
    To be fair, the game did give you the choice to choose the pairing of either Elise/Sonic or Sonic/Amy. But hey, the game retconned itself in the end, so no matter what, any romantic fling Sonic would have had in the game never really happened.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

To be fair, the game did give you the choice to choose the pairing of either Elise/Sonic or Sonic/Amy. But hey, the game retconned itself in the end, so no matter what, any romantic fling Sonic would have had in the game never really happened.
    You know I doubt there will ever be a true relationship for Sonic in the games, because it would require him to have more development than ever making other characters like Knuckles and Shadow even more outshadowed and look little compared to the hero since they haven't appeared much recently. We all know that Sonic has a huge cast of characters, but we need balance through personality and feats to ensure it goes well.

Actually, it's interesting to note that neither Sonic nor Tails have an interest in romance whatsoever in the games. The cartoons and anime series explored this a bit (Sonic SatAM was pretty big on it by the end), but otherwise, the Sonamy pairing is pretty one-sided, everything else is just fantasy from a fangirl/fanboy. When you think about it, it makes sense that Sonic doesn't have an interest in being in a relationship because he wasn't created with that in mind. He was created to be a cool character, to appeal to the kids (boys) who liked cool things. The target audience is children, after all, and the majority of boys are in the "girls have cooties" stage, so to give Sonic a girlfriend would probably make them go "ewwwwww" than "awwwwww".

(Though boys aren't that big on romance to begin with anyway, so you can argue that the girl fans were big on Sonamy when she was introduced... Wait, I think her being the damsel in distress in Sonic CD was the big reason why Sonamy exists o_o.)

So I don't believe Sonic would need more development to his character in order to be in a relationship, and I don't think the other characters will get over-shadowed. It's all about how they play with the relationship between Sonic and whoever through their personalities. Because you can't tell if the relationship will or won't work until you get right down into it. And I think a love-triangle conflict would be interesting to see, as it may challenge the friendship between Sonic and the other character getting involved in the mix. The games seem to have this whole concept on buddies/teamwork, so to challenge it would be interesting (though the whole "it's either us or them" conflict is pretty cliché). I don't think it'll ever happen, but if romance was to ever be involved in a game as a side-plot, I would like to see that.
    I survived Pupa.

I only like Sonic and Amy's relationship in Sonic Adventure because it actually looked like Sonic was shy around Amy and never made advances towards her because he didn't want to put her in danger.

I've gone off Sonic as a whole (Embarassing fanbase as a whole, boring games these days), but I remember my Sonic pairings.

Sonamy makes no sense because, as Kutie Pie said, it's shown quite clearly that Sonic does NOT want Amy as a girlfriend. I support couples with evidence to back it up. One of my favorite pairings is Shadouge (ShadowXRouge). Dark and sexy (Literally)? Makes perfect sense.

As for a Sonic pairing, SonicXSally makes much more sense to me. Sonamy and Knouge make no sense whatsoever.

But it doesn't really matter, the fanbase sucks anyway.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Sonic may not be interested in a relationship, but he at least cares for Amy. So that's at least something.

I went ahead about a month ago to watch the last season of Sonic X because I'm insane I never saw the show all the way through. (It hurt me a lot, by the way, and it was the English sub.) The one thing I noticed was that Knuckles and Cosmo interacted with each other more than she did with Tails. Seriously. Up until episode 65 or so, Tails and Cosmo hardly spoke to one another. Knuckles and Sonic were with Cosmo more than he did. And yet the show was more inclined toward Cosmo/Tails than anyone else. (What, is it because Knuckles was taken by Master Emerald Rouge?) I wasn't liking Cosmo anyway for being useless, but that really made me facepalm.

I'm sorry, but I can't get behind Tails/Cosmo anymore. I'm more inclined to ship Knuckles/Cosmo now (though the fan-art for that is sadly not that good), even though I do like Knuckles/Rouge. Sonic/Chris had more chemistry going for it than Tails/Cosmo did from the get-go.
    I survived Pupa.

Oh goodie! Someone else who doesn't like Tails/Cosmo. (I'm a Tails/Cream fan.)

Honestly I think Sonic X kind of sucks. The characters can be annoying and there were loads of useless human characters.
    I support shipping diversity because our fanbases would be boring if we all supported the bloody canon.

I always have & always will be Pro-Sonsally. The sooner Sega makes her game canon the happier I'll be.

Also I find Tailsamy to be cute.

OMG!! They have soo many moments in this show together I just love it <3
    What's your guys' favorite shippy moment from the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    Sonamy makes no sense because, as Kutie Pie said, it's shown quite clearly that Sonic does NOT want Amy as a girlfriend.
    You can still love someone without having to be a couple with this person.

I always cherished the theory that Sonic might not want to be Amy's boyfriend because that'd endanger her. That's mostly how I get some Sonic sweet side dose. We know that Sonic is well known to care and to defend, so it would be natural for him to refuse Amy's love only because he doesn't want his feelings to disturb his will to protect people.

I disagree with you on a point, though. I don't know how this couple makes no sense. It is one-sided, yes, but that doesn't mean Sonic feels nothing for Amy because he told her he didn't want to be her boyfriend. Kutie Pie pointed that out above, too. He cares about her. He just doesn't to be involved into a romantic and deepen relationship with Amy, maybe for the reason I just explained.

Other than Sonic and Amy, I have a little love for the Knuckles and Shade ship. Not really popular and known, too, which is sad (Sonic Chronicles was a pretty good game, too!). I also like Blaze and Silver, Shadow and Rouge, Shadow and Maria (I understand your feelings, Kutie!) and Tails and Cream.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 14th April 2014 at 3:18 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by PokémonB!tch View Post
    What's your guys' favorite shippy moment from the show?
    Sonic X hurts me, so I don't have any favorite shippy moments at all if only because the Sonic franchise as a whole doesn't really show off romance very much. (Though oddly enough, "The Shining Road" ED for the third season basically showed it off as a SonAmy moment. Pretty song, and it probably does fit their relationship, but it was too brooding.) Knuckles and Rouge's quarrels were fun--at least in the dub, by season three they kinda stopped interacting with each other--but that was about it.

And I guess for the lulz I'm throwing out here Eggman/Sonic. Because no yaoi is complete without rivalry. As far as I know, this isn't very popular even amongst the yaoi fangirls, I have not really seen this pairing around, and I don't want to. Like ever.
    I survived Pupa.