Thread: SoulSilver RMT

Default SoulSilver RMT

After playing White 2 for awhile, I started to miss Johto/Kanto, and wanna start a new team in SoulSilver. Please tell me what you think of this team!

Typhlosion @ ?
    Blaze
    -Fire Blast
    -Solar Beam
    -Sunny Day
    -Will-O-Wisp ?

Thank god I can finally use a fire starter that isn't as goofy looking as Emboar. Tell me if there are any other moves you'd recommend that would replace Will-O-Wisp, as it's only there as a semi-useful filler move. I would put Focus Blast, but I really hate the 70% accuracy.

Slowbro @ Quick Claw
    Own Tempo
    -Surf
    -Psychic
    -Ice Beam
    -Yawn

Heracross @ ?
    Guts
    -Megahorn
    -Brick Break
    -Night Slash
    -Swords Dance/Rock Slide ?

I have no idea whether to go for Swords Dance or Rock Slide on here. I'm leaning towards Rock Slide because it covers my huge weakness to flying types, but at the same time, Swords Dance would boost my attack no matter what I'd be facing. I prefer Rock Slide over Stone Edge because I don't plan on investing too much into the Battle Frontier until post-game.

Togekiss @ ?
    Serene Grace
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere
    -Shadow Ball
    -?

I have no idea what to put as the last move for Togekiss. Honestly, I'll probably just put Fly there for convenience's sake.

Mamoswine @ ?
    Oblivious/Snow Cloak ?
    -Avalanche
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Shard
    -Return/Rock Slide ?

What do most people put as the fourth move on their in-game Mamoswines? I've never used one before, and I don't know what to put as the last move, since I don't want to go through the hassle to get Stone Edge as a TM, and I'm already using Rock Slide on Heracross. Of course, I could use Rock Slide on here if I do use Swords Dance on Heracross.
    Also, Which is more viable--Oblivious or Snow Cloak? IIRC, the only place where Hailstorms can happen n HG/SS is Mt. Silver, so Snow Cloak won't be as handy as it could be in other games. Meanwhile, Infatuation isn't exactly crippling or omnipresent, but it is common enough and annoying enough for me to consider Oblivious.

Ampharos @ ?
    Static
    -Thunderbolt
    -Signal Beam
    -Power Gem
    -Thunder Wave

Fly on Togekiss is okay since you'll only need the first three moves anyway.

IMO, just pick Return for Mamo's last move. Oblivious ability, because like you said, Snow Cloak isn't that useful (unless you're using a Hail team which is not the case in here)

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

What I would do is replace Fire Punch for Thunderwave on Ampharos, as it's Static ability and Thunderbolt already pretty much paralyze your opponent for you. For Typhlosion, you don't seen to have many more special options, unless your up for breeding Extrasensory, so you might have to try some physical moves instead. I'd try either Aerial Ace or ThunderPunch.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Also on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

Also on Steam! Username: chewiehorns (will get link to profile up at some point)

yeah, Typh's shallow special movepool basically kinda forced people to either use Focus Miss + Hidden Power, or use a Mixed set.

To be honest, I prefer Mixed set.

Typhlosion
    Lonely/Naughty Nature
    ~Thunderpunch
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Earthquake
    ~Flamethrower

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

If you wanted to keep Solarbeam, you could give it a Power Herb so you won't have to use a turn setting up and it'll move on that turn. Flamethower and ThunderPunch like Shine said, then Rock Slide, Earthquake, or whatever you want.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Also on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

Also on Steam! Username: chewiehorns (will get link to profile up at some point)

Well, I suggest: You may prefer to give Typhlosion Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast because of PP and that you may get annoyed by the accuracy problem. It's not enough reason for keeping it, I guess, but Will-o-Wisp may get handy in Doubles, using it on your own partner, Heracross, to raise its Attack. And just an advice: Even if you don't care about natures for this team (Example: A Docile Ampharos in your team), try to avoid the ones that affect the efectiveness of your Pokémon's planned movesets (Example: Modest Mamoswine).

I love your team to be honest I would want the same thing but I would have Lapras instead of Slowbro but that is just my opinion based on how I like Lapras more but I hope you do complete this team and I do agree with the people above flamethrower much more useful then fireblast but who doesn't love fire blast is the better question lol
    Pokemon Platinum Team: