Thread: What did you say?

Default What did you say?

Hello serebii it's been a while since I made an proper rmt. Last one I made was Can't touch this which was the 1st ever bw2 rmt archive (thanks for support and gamefreak) (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...his&highlight=) anyway I took a break from pokes and we had all these different sets and teams being made. So I have decided to take two pokes which are not even ou to counter these threats.

The Team

Tyranitar (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 192 Atk / 252 Speed,64 Sp Atk
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Superpower
    - Crunch
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock

With the mixed set of Tyranitar not only can it stand its ground it can trick Scizor by using Fire Blast instead of switching, Scizor will try use U Turn on Tyranitar but Fire Blast will give them beat them and that will deal with one steel pokemon so metagross and Jirachi can sweep. With Focus Sash it can deal with Lucario and Terrakion as long as the foe does not have a weather user such as Poiltaod then we can use Superpower to kill them in one while surviving Close Combat, if they do, then we have to switch to keep Tyranitar alive. Crunch is a very useful move then the foe is using Jeillcent since it can be a real pain to my team, Stealth Rock is one of the best moves since it hurts pokemon when they switch in and ruins Dragonites Muiltiscale ability and it ruins other Focus Sash users, it also helps metagross ko most pokes such as focus sash terrakion. The nature of Tyranitar is Hasty because out speed a lot of pokemon while doing as much damage as possible.

[Breloom (M) @ Fighting Gem
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Swords Dance

Breloom is my lovely fighting pokemon which maybe frail, but he still packs a punch, spore is used to get one pokemon out the way so I can set up sword dance, now if they have torn or any poke which can beat breloom, I will switch after spore because I know they will bring that pokemon in, spore can also give metagross or lando a chance to set up and sweep their entire team, Breloom is used to deal with ferrothron and other water pokemon, mach punch does alot of damage thanks to tech and fight gem which helps a lot. as you can see breloom is jolly and full speed to make sure he can outspeed lot's of pokemon so it can spore.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -sp atk)
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - U Turn
    - Trick

Jirachi is the star of my team it beats dragons, torn or any other pokemon. which does not resist Iron Head. It is also a big support for my team since it can help metagross set up and getting rid of torn. I went with a Choice Scarf set because I want to sweep with Iron Head and stop Choice Scarf abusers such as Salamence. Fire Punch is used to deal with steel types which resist Iron Head once all steel pokemon are gone then I have metagross and landorus to sweep the rest of the pokemon, U Turn is used to scout and lock choice uses with earthquake. Trick is used to deal with stall pokemon or pokemon trying to set up Calm Mind.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hydro Pump
    - Pain Split

Rotom w plays a big part in my team. first of all it deals with water types which are a big pain for example keldeo. it can also take on landorus which can destroy most of my pokes. it also is used because earthquake can't touch it, so it is an easy switch from Jirachi and metagross. last but not least with thunderwave even if lando and metagross can't find a way to set up then least rotom can help them outspeed all the pokes which are pared. thunderbolt is used to deal with water types. hydropump is used to deal strong attacks on pokemon that don't resist it, we also need it to kill lando and thun t. Pain split is used to keep rotom alive. the evds are sp def and hp because rotom can still deal high damage without any sp atk evds, it also plays the role of support too.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Rock Polish
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast

here is one of the most dangerous threats in ou which can sweep an entire team if it catches rock polish. believe it or not but lando is not my main sweeper because jirachi and metagross tend to sweep everything then lando just gets to finish of the rest, pretty much like moxie choice scarf salamence. the set is plain as you can see earth power to deal with pokes like terrakion and anything that don't resist. focus blast for pokemon like ferrothorn and air b heatran. hidden power ice for dragons, torn, lando and thun t. lando is also a good choice for this team because it's not affect by earthquake which can be a pain to jirachi and metagross.

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Trait: Clear Body
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Ice Punch
    - Agility
    - Earthquake

oh metagross is such an underated threat it ou, well it's not it can sweep the biggist threats in ou after agility has set up, lando, torn salamence, jirachi, thun t, keldeo, terrakion and dragonite have no chance against metagross. I made metagross jolly so he can outspeed all choice scarfers and thanks to life orb he can hit hard. zen headbutt is used to beat choice scarf keldeo and genger or any other pokemon weakness it. ice punch to deal with threats like torn, lando, thun t and dragons. Earthquake is used to kill ninetales, heatran, jirachi and other pokes that are weakness like terrkion :P

Last edited by Naoto Shirogane; 9th May 2013 at 5:04 PM.

on po i have laddered to 1325 with it then the ladder got reset ¬_¬

Shouldn't your Jirachi have Jolly>Hasty?

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Shouldn't your Jirachi have Jolly>Hasty?
    yeah it does just seems i wrote hasty haha

hey rair, this is a nice team, but i dont really see the point of running work up virizion on it. it seems youre putting a lot of pressure on it to tank hydro pumps and whatnot, but between that, LO damage, and sand, it seems that its not going to last very long. and specstoed can at least 3hko iirc, with hydro pump. add stealth rock (no spinner!) and possible spikes, and virizion is a pretty weak pivot. however, with out, you are completely overrun by rain offense.

it doesnt really seem at first look that it does too much for you, and with work up is supposed to do a whole lot, so i would either do 1 of 2 things.

Option 1: Change jirachi's moveset to more of a support- wish set

or

Option 2: Try out a pivot celebi

celebi can function perfectly on a sand team, providing a nice pivot, with also access to recovery. fairly common, but a baton pass variant can serve you well against ttars, to get a free setup with metagross.

however, SpD WishRachi can be a huge boon to your team, allowing metagross and virizion a free-er chance at boosting. coupled with iron head and u-turn, you should be good.

either is up to you, i might suggest going wishrachi, simply because it doesnt change the team synergy and wish passing will definitely fill a whole that spikes damage will leave on your team.

Spoiler:- tl;dr:

hope i helped! this is a pretty good team, and i like the offensive pressure you give! gl

Quote Originally Posted by That Crazy Russian™ View Post
    hey rair, this is a nice team, but i dont really see the point of running work up virizion on it. it seems youre putting a lot of pressure on it to tank hydro pumps and whatnot, but between that, LO damage, and sand, it seems that its not going to last very long. and specstoed can at least 3hko iirc, with hydro pump. add stealth rock (no spinner!) and possible spikes, and virizion is a pretty weak pivot. however, with out, you are completely overrun by rain offense.

it doesnt really seem at first look that it does too much for you, and with work up is supposed to do a whole lot, so i would either do 1 of 2 things.

Option 1: Change jirachi's moveset to more of a support- wish set

or

Option 2: Try out a pivot celebi

celebi can function perfectly on a sand team, providing a nice pivot, with also access to recovery. fairly common, but a baton pass variant can serve you well against ttars, to get a free setup with metagross.

however, SpD WishRachi can be a huge boon to your team, allowing metagross and virizion a free-er chance at boosting. coupled with iron head and u-turn, you should be good.

either is up to you, i might suggest going wishrachi, simply because it doesnt change the team synergy and wish passing will definitely fill a whole that spikes damage will leave on your team.

Spoiler:- tl;dr:

hope i helped! this is a pretty good team, and i like the offensive pressure you give! gl
    thanks I try celebi, i would love to go with wish support jirachi but i love choice scarf to much, but later on i will give it a go just for fun and see how it goes, rain don't really give me a problems due to most are relying on torn and thun, which i can easier beat by scouting to see if they are choice or giving them choice scarf so if thun uses thunder adter i tricked, i switch to lando then rock polish and sweep the rest, while torn does not need to be tricked due to jirachi outspeeds it unless it is scarfed which i hardly see. thanks again

here is the rank of the team and as you can see breloom has replaced viz.