Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are your HM slaves?

Default Who are your HM slaves?

Until HM moves are made unnecessary for going through the games their will always be pokemon who will only be caught for the sake of muling the moves we need but dont want to use.

For this game Watchog and Swanna have become the slaves, between them all HMs are covered (except Waterfall) also the former HMs rock smash and flash can be added to Watchog.

Can anyone name others from this Gen that can stack on HMs aswell as these two?
    Last edited by kash0661; 30th April 2013 at 2:49 PM. Reason: grammar and facts error
    So much to do yet no desire to do anything...

<------------------------ Lucky

I usually use Watchog and Roggenrola. My main team can cover for Fly, Surf and other good HMs for battling.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Before the league, I relied on Swanna and Boldore to use HMs on the field. After the league, I pokétransfered a Mew and made it my HM Slave.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I use Tropius, Basculin/Simipour, and Simisage for my HM slaves. They don't have Tentacool, so I can't duo with Tropius for all 6-8 HMs. I need to try duoing Watchog and Swanna, I guess.

Edit: Swanna can't learn Waterfall, Watchog can only learn Strength and Flash after it evolves. I think I'll be sticking with what I have, tyvm.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 29th April 2013 at 7:17 PM.

I used Braviary as my HM slave in Gen 5. It knows all the land-based HMs (and Fly) required in Gen 5 and the obligatory Superpower. It is EV trained for maximum health and balanced defenses to stall enemies in game for capture. If exploring a dark cave, I would use a Watchog with Flash and the 2 land-based HMs. Surf and Waterfall are covered by my Ludicolo and my Swampert respectively.
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    Before the league, I relied on Swanna and Boldore to use HMs on the field. After the league, I pokétransfered a Mew and made it my HM Slave.
    You used Mew as a HM Slave 0_0

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    I use Tropius, Basculin/Simipour, and Simisage for my HM slaves. They don't have Tentacool, so I can't duo with Tropius for all 6-8 HMs. I need to try duoing Watchog and Swanna, I guess.

Edit: Swanna can't learn Waterfall, Watchog can only learn Strength and Flash after it evolves. I think I'll be sticking with what I have, tyvm.
    Thanks for pointing that out my mistake. Tropius is quite good but I generally like to get my HM slaves sorted out asap and training a Patrat till level 20 is better than waiting till much later in the game where Tropius is catchable (unless you can get one by trade early on), the water HMs arent that big a deal while Swanna cant use them all giving it one of the physical HMs and Fly is also workable while the left over HMs go to another water type, Basculine is the best choice to handle all the 2 remaining water HMs you dont use.

My only problem with Bravairy is its not available without trade on all the 5th gen games and it comes later in the games, generally I chose pokemon which are easy catches, require little to no training, this is why Iv gone with Watchog even though you need to train it you only need to get it till level 20 then its all set the others I hae already mentioned them in a previous reply to an earlier post.

It turns out, Tropius and Simipour handle all 6 HMs and Dig/Flash with ease as a duo. No need for a third with Rock Smash, it's not used anywhere except in Clay Tunnel in BW2, and then only once, clearing the path to Twist Mountain and the Regigolems' Chamber forever. Tropius is a post-game catch, tho, but worth it when you get there.

I don't use HM Slaves. I just come up with a team that I know will be able to use the HMs I'll use the most, and equipment them with that.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

...Sad as this seems it's my Dragonite. Has fly and surf for training. D8 *shot*
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

OK, so I lied about the EV trained thing about my Braviary. What I actually did was artificially input the EVs using Pokegen. That is actually the limit of what I would do in Pokegen, the only other things I do in Pokegen being IV checking and creating perfect Dittos for breeding use only.

All my HM slaves are EV-ed (can't say trained, because I didn't actually train them) for maximum health and balanced defenses (128 in Def and Sp. Def) to allow for stalling in case of emergency.

My list of HM slaves over the generations
    Gen 1: didn't play that
    Gen 2: Furret (Pidgeot was used for Fly)
    Gen 3: Linoone (Swellow/Tropius for Fly)
    Gen 4: Bibarel (Staraptor for Fly/Defog)
    Gen 5: Watchog (dark cave exploration), Braviary (standard), Swanna (diver)
    Last edited by Quantum1024; 1st May 2013 at 2:06 PM.
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Maybe some one can help..

Is there a pokemon that can learn the following FOUR HMS?

Strength
    Cut
    WatterFall
    Flash

Nope. The only hm's I ever use are fly and surf and maybe sometimes strength. I always have Swanna to fly and surf.

Can't remember exactly what HM slaves I used, but I think they were Patrat for Cut, Sandshrew for Strength and Alomomola for Dive and Waterfall. I might also have used an Azumarill for some HMs. For Surf and Fly, I didn't use any HM slaves, just some members of my teams.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

Once I got the national dex, marill and azumarill are pretty good. They can get surf, waterfall, strength...
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I wanna talk to more people on here. VM me? I'm a little shy, but I wanna make more friends.

I use Watchog and Swanna. Swanna isn't the best HM slave in the world, but you can obtain both pretty early.
    Platinum FC: 3438 9213 7612
    White FC: 5372 3970 3594
    Black2 FC: 2280 4478 7008
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Homsar135

i always carry a volcarona with me for one major reason - it is the only pokemon in black and white that has Flame Body (for better egg hatching) and Fly as options. this dual-purpose means i never let it go for any reason other than to battle competitively. i also have a Kingler for Surf, Strength, and False Swipe. it also can learn Thief and Cut so i have a pretty strong Kingler.

It is in the top percentage of Kingler....
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

I believe that my HM slave was a Patrat/Watchog or a similar Pokemon. Can't remember exactly...
    - Nate the

I pretty much always use a Purrloin for Cut to enter The Dreamyard and then deposit it when the mission is complete.

Aside from that, I rarely use HM Slaves. Most of my team members have HM's added into their movepool (mainly Surf, Waterfall and Fly). That way I can have 6 active barsttle on my team rather than 4 and 2 Hm Slaves.
    Pokemon Platinum

Badges: 4

Strangely enough i found myself slapping surf waterfall and cut onto samurott who was the best pokemon on my team. I used tranquill for flying but i honestly dont think it has got one battle.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Well in White version I used Bibarel since he's a classic example of an HM slave, but in Black version I used Mantyke for Dive, Floatzel for Waterfall and Purrloin for Cut.

I think I used Patrat or Swanna... but I'm not sure.

“May the stars shine down on you.” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Well one of my main team members (Unfeasant) already knows fly so thats covered plus Unfeasant is my team member too.
    I also have surf on samurott though samurott isnt a HM slave his also on my team. I have Patrat as my Cut slave and I have Boldore as my Strength slave. Then I had nothing to use for waterfall and I used Suicune from my Soul silver game as Waterfall and I haven't bothered to even use the dive thing. I didnt go to the underwater ruins because I thought it did nothing and that the Rayquaza trick wasnt true so i never went down

Pelipper for surf and fly.

In other games I've used Tropius and Bibarel.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast