View Poll Results: Will you be watching the XY Saga? Why or why not?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely!

2 10.00%
  • I won't watch any of it.

3 15.00%
  • I'll give it a chance and see how it plays out...

10 50.00%
  • I'll watch it, but most likely won't like it.

2 10.00%
  • I don't know at the moment.

2 10.00%
  • Other.

1 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Will you be watching the XY saga? Why or why not?

Default Will you be watching the XY saga? Why or why not?

For me, it depends on how it plays out. Iris must be there to entertain me, TR must be either not complete morons (if they're still there), or gone, no rehashes, and there can't be a third wheel character (A duo of just Ash + someone else would work).
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I've seen every saga so I'll likely see the very beginning of it at least. Of course since each saga is 3-4 years long, don't know if I'll still be around for the middle or end of it.

And why are you mentioning Iris? She's obviously not going to be in it.

Which is why I said "must", not "will". Her not being there is only one strike. It's not going to make it inherently worse, but it would be nice, at least.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Which is why I said "must", not "will". Her not being there is only one strike. It's not going to make it inherently worse, but it would be nice, at least.
    She'll be in it for the usual token cameo each main girl gets after she leaves. So 3-4 episodes or whatever she gets.

I'll see what we get Pokemon-wise. That's the only thing I care about anymore.

Best Wishes ruined every other aspect of the anime for me.

I will look into it with great joy if TRio leaves. Otherwise, I've decided to give it a chance and see how it plays out. I'm not getting my hopes up, though. The writers can make a mess of things...
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 29th April 2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I'll only watch if the blonde female protagonist from the x and y games is the new main girl, otherwise I won't watch it. Ash and Team Rocket are completely pointless characters at this point imo and I don't want any more Misty/Iris types of side characters anymore because they do very little in the show. Same with the 3rd wheel characters. And I really don't want any older characters to return to the main cast because:
    A) it wouldn't happen anyways
    and
    B) knowing the writers, they would just make them pointless and boring background characters
    Also a sidequest for the x and y blonde girl would be nice, to take away screentime from Ash, which didn't even help his character anyways when he got most of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Team Rocket not being in the next saga would definitely make me more interested.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Team Rocket not being in the next saga would definitely make me more interested.
    Same for me. I pray they leave at the end of BW.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Otherwise its obviously going to be Ash and two new companions.

The girl is probably not going to be similar to Iris/Misty since I can't see them doing another Gym leader girl, I doubt contests are returning either, so she'll probably do a brand new sidequest.

As for the male he'll obviously just be the next Brock/Tracey/Cilan....not sure what they can do with another male sidekick but we'll see.

I'll probably watch the dubbed version, just to learn the proper pronunciation of the new Mon names. But if Ash remains the human MC (and gets another Best Wish's style reset) then no on the full time watching as I find watch any series pointless when its obvious the writers will never allow him to fulfill his dreams and goals as that, in their heads, means the end of his journey (which they understandable wouldn't want) instead of it being a true new beginning for Ash; where does the road take a Master? That would be interesting to see.

Whoops. I voted other and then saw the i don't know at the moment option.XD

It's too early in the morning to think.^-^;;;;

Anyway I don't want to watch it currently but sometimes my tastes change near the end of a saga when the new saga sounds exciting. So i can't really say 100%. Well up to this point my tastes change all the time rather than sometimes.^-^;;;;

You wouldn't believe how many times I've tried to quit this show.XD

Personally my reasons for wanting to quit the show is mainly because 16 seasons is way more than enough for me. Usually my limit for any cartoon is 10 seasons and yet I'm at the 16 season mark for Pokemon. I actually have a Pokemon shelf now which is almost 100% full to capacity of DVD's as a result of it.

It's too long for my tastes. Yet I can't seem to pull out when I plan too.XD
    I managed to pull out of the japanese version at the beginning of BW but the english version I can't seem to pull out. No matter what anyone says about the dub I feel it's still good and still addictive like season 1. It's actually a little funny that I have so much trouble quitting it. Where am I going to find room for XY when it comes out on DVD in future?XD

i have way too many DVD's.
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 30th April 2013 at 12:38 AM.

Put together by me.

I'll give the show a chance. I hope that they get rid of Team Rocket, though. They've really overstayed their welcome and have become stale. As for my feelings going into the series, I think that they will be reliant on how the final saga of Unova plays out. If it ends on a high note, I'll have higher hopes and expectations for X/Y. If not, though, I won't be holding my breath for X/Y being much good. Nevertheless, I'll still give it a try, and hope that the quality starts off good and stays good, unlike BW, which started off good but fell off at Elesa's gym and after, in my opinion.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    I'll give the show a chance. I hope that they get rid of Team Rocket, though. They've really overstayed their welcome and have become stale. As for my feelings going into the series, I think that they will be reliant on how the final saga of Unova plays out. If it ends on a high note, I'll have higher hopes and expectations for X/Y. If not, though, I won't be holding my breath for X/Y being much good. Nevertheless, I'll still give it a try, and hope that the quality starts off good and stays good, unlike BW, which started off good but fell off at Elesa's gym and after, in my opinion.
    Same feelings on TRio myself.

Otherwise its obviously going to be Ash and two new companions.

The girl is probably not going to be similar to Iris/Misty since I can't see them doing another Gym leader girl, I doubt contests are returning either, so she'll probably do a brand new sidequest.

As for the male he'll obviously just be the next Brock/Tracey/Cilan....not sure what they can do with another male sidekick but we'll see.
    It will be really weird to see sidekick male characters switch every series now, Brock has been here since Kanto and oh gosh, now I'm going to have to get used to thisXD Maybe its for the best though, I'm intrested to see Ash's interactions with the next group.

With that said, yes I'll be watching the next series for sure. Ash & Team Rocket likely being the only ones in the show since Kanto + new characters hmm.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Power of Pika View Post
    Whoops. I voted other and then saw the i don't know at the moment option.XD

It's too early in the morning to think.^-^;;;;

Anyway I don't want to watch it currently but sometimes my tastes change near the end of a saga when the new saga sounds exciting. So i can't really say 100%. Well up to this point my tastes change all the time rather than sometimes.^-^;;;;

You wouldn't believe how many times I've tried to quit this show.XD

Personally my reasons for wanting to quit the show is mainly because 16 seasons is way more than enough for me. Usually my limit for any cartoon is 10 seasons and yet I'm at the 16 season mark for Pokemon. I actually have a Pokemon shelf now which is almost 100% full to capacity of DVD's as a result of it.

It's too long for my tastes. Yet I can't seem to pull out when I plan too.XD
    I managed to pull out of the japanese version at the beginning of BW but the english version I can't seem to pull out. No matter what anyone says about the dub I feel it's still good and still addictive like season 1. It's actually a little funny that I have so much trouble quitting it. Where am I going to find room for XY when it comes out on DVD in future?XD

i have way too many DVD's.
    I definitely know how you feel. Haha.

16 seasons of this show...my god. Rofl. I've wanted to quit for the same reason that it's just so long...but like you, I can't seem to do it, either. It is addictive! xD.

I liked the dub more back in S1-S8 myself, but I like S14-S16 almost as much in the dub. I'd say the dub is good again and respectable in my eyes. I actually enjoy watching it again a lot (even if I'm a bit annoyed by TRio's return to their DP selves in the dub, they do say funny things sometimes).
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 30th April 2013 at 4:03 AM.

I promised myself when I was eight that I would keep watching until Ash becomes a Pokemon Master. So basically I'm watching till the day I die.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I promised myself when I was eight that I would keep watching until Ash becomes a Pokemon Master. So basically I'm watching till the day I die.
    I did something similar myself. I hope one day it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    At this point I get the feeling the last episode will simply have Ash/Pikachu standing by the sunset alone, and then going off on another journey that we never see.

At this point I get the feeling the last episode will simply have Ash/Pikachu standing by the sunset alone, and then going off on another journey that we never see.
    Yeah, sadly, I feel that's the most likely scenario of how the anime will end. Either that, or in the middle of a saga due to it being cancelled to low ratings. I'd prefer the former option over the latter, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, sadly, I feel that's the most likely scenario of how the anime will end. Either that, or in the middle of a saga due to it being cancelled to low ratings. I'd prefer the former option over the latter, though.
    To be fair I wouldn't mind if the series ends with Ash challenging the Elite 4 and then losing to a Champion. That is about as much closure as he'd ever get. We know Ash is never going to stop traveling anyway.

Obviously Ash has way too many older friends and pokemon for them to all get appearances anymore (hence the recent ending theme), so I no longer care on that front. So the last episode will probably focus on Ash alone.

To be fair I wouldn't mind if the series ends with Ash challenging the Elite 4 and then losing to a Champion. That is about as much closure as he'd ever get. We know Ash is never going to stop traveling anyway.

Obviously Ash has way too many older friends and pokemon for them to all get appearances anymore (hence the recent ending theme), so I no longer care on that front. So the last episode will probably focus on Ash alone.
    True. I'd be content with that as well.

Probably not cus the anime will just be terrible like BW. I can predict that much but I will watch the first couple of episodes just for the generation 6 hype.

I will just wait and see the first couple of episodes. If it entertains me i will watch it. If it doesnt i will watch some here and there.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth