Welcome, to the BATTLE CITY Championship! Here we go by a special set of rules.
You don't get to pick your Pokemon. Well not completely. Every player in this tournament will get a booster pack. This booster pack will contain 11 random cards based on rarity.
1 Rare - Uber
3 Uncommon - OU
5 Common - 3 UU / 2 RU
2 Energies - 2 NU
Cards obviously represent the Pokemon you are allowed to use on your team. Besides the rarity, the cards themselves will also be randomized. You may trade cards with other players. Trade rules are posted below. Also when you defeat a player in a tournament round you may pick one of his / her cards and add it to your collection.
- Rules -
- Team Preview
- OHKO Clause
- Evasion Clause
- Sleep Clause
- Swift Swim + Drizzle is allowed, but Soul Dew and Moody are still banned.
- No tradebacks
- When you defeat another player you may take one of their Pokemon. You may steal an OU or lower freely, but if you take an Uber-value card that card will replace your own Uber.
- You may only use Pokemon you got in the initial "Booster Pack", through trades, or that you won off another player.
- All tournament matches will be played by default using Pokémon Online, but if both players agree you may play through Wifi or Showdown.
- When you sign up your booster pack will be "opened" and what you get will be revealed.
- You may only trade after all players have their teams, but before the matchups for a round are posted. It will be made clear when you are allowed to trade.
- Trades must be within reason. No trading an Ariados for a Gyarados + Latios
- Ubers may only be traded for another Uber.
Note: Pokemon with "forms" are locked into their form. If you get a Rotom Wash, you can not use Rotom Cut. Pokemon such as Meloetta or Castform are allowed to freely switch forms. In terms of the random number generator Arceus will be counted as one Pokemon, but will be re-counted to pick a single form for it.
Signups will go until I feel we reached a peak. Probably 16, but 32 would be nice.
Credit to Blue Harvest for the OP and the brilliant tourney idea
Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.
The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"