Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [R] [SU] Brazen Disposition

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Edited his apperance and gave him a personality, among other yhings. Does he look good so far?
    It looks pretty good. Though, I noticed a couple spelling and/or grammatical issues here and there. Looking forward to more!
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Wow, my grammar... Writing too fast, that's the problem. lol

Mercy
    Without understanding, it is merely an excuse
    for the weak to escape Judgement

NAME: Noel Hanna

FACTION: Devoir
    RACE: Pokemorph (Volcarona)

APPERANCE: Noel is of average height and average weight, but she carries herself in a way that makes her seem taller. Behind her ears, on either side of her face, a red horn follows the side of her head up and then curves outwards a few inches past the top of her head. Her shaggy and pure white hair reaches down to her waist, but at the crown of her head, her hair is coal-black. It is normally put in a bun with a ceramic hairpin, as it is hot-to-the-touch and would melt the rubber of any hair-tie that she would try to use; therefore, all of her clothes have been treated with flame retardant. Her eyes are a turquoise blue with slit pupils. Her skin is covered in a very light coat of bright blue fur that is dotted with oblong black spots. On her back are six four-foot mostly orange wings, also spotted with black spots; they have a tuft of fur at their base. One set is near her shoulders, another just below her shoulder blades, and the last just above her hips. The wings are a lighter hue at their base than they are at their tip; they begin as a muted orange, graduate to a saturated orange, and are finally a red-orange at the ends. Enveloping the last two segments of her fingers and toes are black claws.

Noel wears a modified version of the Devior suit, with the entire back removed. Now, she does not go around without a back to her suit, as that would leave her open for many attacks, but, rather, she puts on a red and yellow vest that resembles a flotation device in the method of wearing. Small niches are carved into the hard material of the “vest” which allow for her to flap her wings. Her shoes are grey-green combat boots with metal toes, and her pants are the mostly the same grey-green, but dappled with other shades of green. Her top that is under the vest is a dark green.

PERSONALITY: Noel is amiable when interacting with humans, but that all disappears when she is fighting the Nexus. She bears a hatred for Nexus that has turned into a (for her) sickening fascination; an obsession with the enemy – their habits, their appearance, their personalities, their Pokemon, everything about them. She knows that this is unhealthy, but she cannot restrain herself from wondering, for she has nearly been infected a few times while investigating Nexus. She tries to capture any member of Nexus alive because they might provide valuable information, but returns them to their original form as quickly as she can.

Around people and non-infected Pokemon, Noel is as nice a person as one could hope for. She seems eternally respectful and able to shrug off insults, for she had developed a very thick skin. She is determined to have people see the best side of her when possible, but she will not refrain from correcting people if they need to be. She can be a bit competitive and tries her best at everything. She gets angry easily if people are being monumentally stupid, but has resolved to try and curb her temper; nevertheless, this anger is merely internal and it is never outwardly apparent.

HISTORY: Noel was born in Hoenn to a family that was heavily against any violence of any sort. As a small child, Noel was rather boisterous and liked to rough-house with the other kids in the neighborhood; her parents disapproved of this behavior and tried to separate her form the other children. They got her a Pokemon as a way of trying to get her to have the experience of caring for something living. They wanted a Pokemon that was not violent, but had a lot of energy, so they decided on a Bagon, which supposedly was determined to achieve one goal. Noel, at that time, had all sorts of plans, but no idea on how to complete them and soon gave up after trying a few times. She, not knowing that her Bagon was female, named it Zorro in hopes that she would one day be able to conquer the Pokemon League with its craftiness and skill. Soon after acquiring Zorro, she began to sympathize with the Bagon and go with it to try and help it train. It liked to explore, but every time it saw an opportunity to attempt to fly, it jumped.

During her last year of middle school, Noel noticed something about herself that was different from the other girls. She liked girls instead of guys. She supposed that it was a small difference, and so behaved as if no one would care. Bagon, on the other hand, began to stay out of her Pokeball more often, sensing that people would possibly tease Noel, who was not as socially astute. People did react in a way that should not have been tolerated – they teased her relentlessly. She had many episodes of crying, to be comforted only by Bagon (her parents were often on business trips). She began training even harder to be a Pokemon trainer than before, to keep out unwanted thoughts, pushing both herself and Bagon to the limits of their endurance, only to continually be hounded by what people said; nevertheless, she kept on telling herself that she would succeed. One day, during her summer vacation, Bagon finally evolved into Shelgon.

High school was better as she was sent to a private school as soon as her parents had heard what had happened. Now, she could keep her emotions a secret from the other attendees and pursue her path as a Pokemon Trainer without harassment.

She graduated from high school without much fuss, having hid her secret successfully, only to discover that as a Pokemon Trainer, people cared only about your abilities. There, she could bloom without worry of people teasing her for what she was, only her skill as a Pokemon Trainer. She was okay with that and soon learned not to take criticism personally, because her abilities were what she could change. She and Shelgon trained for hours each day, and even after many attempts, Zorro did not evolve. The pair grew very skillful in using Shelgon’s abilities to the best that they could, but they realized that they need another Pokemon if they wished to compete in higher-stakes tournaments.

They traveled to Unova to catch one, but they had no success in locating one that would respond well to training, but was powerful enough to take on the League. In Opelucid City there were holding a Dragon-type Pokemon expo to showcase the Dragon-types of other regions, and Noel went there to see if she could possibly ask someone where she could catch a Unova Dragon-type. A few breeders had a surplus of Pokemon eggs, brought on by less people who desired to become a Pokemon Trainer, and so were selling them for a relatively low price. She bought an egg, thinking that she could potentially trade it for another Pokemon if this one was one who would not take to training. The egg hatched into a rather furry Deino, who acclimated well to Noel’s training. One day, though, Noel took quite a fall and her leg from the knee down was lacerated. Deino had always licked at paper cuts, and Noel had dismissed that as something he did out of consideration, but that was not so. He tried to make Noel bleed more, and stopped after being knocked away by Shelgon. Noel experienced a moral dilemma afterwards – she could leave the normally mild Deino to fend for itself, or raise it despite its addiction to blood. Finding that it had grown on her, she nicknamed it Panda and let it follow her around everywhere. It evolved much more quickly than Zorro did, but, even as Hydreigon, it retained its love for blood.

Once the nuclear meltdown occurred and Shaymin sacrificed itself to create the Nexus flower, Noel traveled to Sinnoh in the hopes that she could help defeat the Nexus. Devoir agreed to let her become a Pokemorph after they saw her complete and total ineptness concerning the operation. She proved to be far better at attacking using Pokemon moves than machinery, and so they were happy. During one of the battles against the Nexus, Zorro evolved in Salamence.

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT: None. She has claws and that’s it.

OTHER:

POKÉMON:

NICKNAME: Panda

SPECIES: Hydreigon

APPERANCE: Panda is really fluffy for a Hydreigon; he has always been a bit fuzzier than others of his species, but as a Hydreigon it’s the most apparent.

PERSONALITY: Panda has apparently missed the memo on Dark- and Ghost-types being vicious brutes because all he wants is a hug and praise. He does not know why people are scared of him or Zorro, and tries to look at people with puppy eyes for handouts. He cannot get enough food or attention, so he sometimes follows people around in case they’ll give either. If someone tries to hurt Noel, though, he’ll snap at them and try to get them away from her.

Panda has another side to him – he loves blood. He does not care why it’s there, or who it’s from (as long as it’s not Zorro or Noel), but as long as it’s there he’s happy. He likes to lap at the blood and make the victim bleed even more once they start. He is not vicious while doing this, though, he merely craves blood. Hurting a person when not for blood is not appealing to him, so he tries not to.

OTHER:

NICKNAME: Zorro

SPECIES: Salamence

APPERANCE: The places where Zorro is blue are considerably bluer than in normal Salamences, but that is it.

PERSONALITY: Zorro, having recently evolved into Salamence, does not know her own strength or size. She constantly attempts to go through doors a couple size too-small for her – soon enough, though, there is a space big enough for her to fit…because she created it. She was Noel’s companion from when the human was six (as a Bagon) and she still tries to fit on Noel’s lap, but only her head is small enough. She knows enough so that she will not crush people when she wants a scratch behind the neck, but she might bowl them over. Her curiosity is overwhelming, so much that she’ll ignore food and others to investigate something. She absolutely loves flying and will take every free moment to do so.

OTHER: She is Noel’s main method of transportation.
    Last edited by Corrosion; 17th May 2013 at 6:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

I think my SU is done now.. Whadd'ya think?

Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    I think my SU is done now.. Whadd'ya think?
    Looks good, you're set to go.

As for the RP, I'll be starting it on the 10th, this Friday. Hope that's okay with people.

THE CAST

DEVOIR
    Colonel Martin Slate [Flareon Pokémorph] - Played by Avenger Angel
    Noel Hanna [Volcarona Pokémorph] - Played by wayjun (Pending)

NEXUS
    Skyler Reyes - Played by Elysian
    Asher Yun - Played by wayjun (Pending)
    The Green Knight [Gallade] - Played by LokiTheGengar (Pending)

FREE FERRETERS
    Alex Morgan [Human Scientist] - Played by gmoyes
    Crux [Human Loner] - Played by Meeker
    Robert Silvermyst [Human Loner] - Played by Zorupix

RESERVES
    [Reserve: Devoir] - darkjigglypuff
    [Reserve: Devoir] - Billy Mays
    [Reserve: Devoir] - wayjun
    [Reserve: Free Ferreter] - Chaos War Reborn
    [Reserve: Free Ferreter] - Meeker
    [Reserve: Free Ferreter] - Billy Mays
    [Reserve: Free Ferreter] - Lost Requiem
    [Reserve: Nexus] - Agent Tectonic
    [Reserve: Nexus] - Elysian
    [Reserve: Nexus] - Espionage735
    [Reserve: Undecided] - SoulMuse
    [Reserve: Undecided] - Lost Requiem
    [Reserve: Undecided] - Sheps

Yay! Well, the 10th sounds good to me.

Mercy

You said before that the Nexus do not have hair, yet, in Elysian's SU, he has his (Nexus) character have hair. Can our Nexus characters gave hair or not? You said before that the Nexus don't have hair. I'm so confused.
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

PM me before you add me

Quote Originally Posted by wayjun View Post
    You said before that the Nexus do not have hair, yet, in Elysian's SU, he has his (Nexus) character have hair. Can our Nexus characters gave hair or not? You said before that the Nexus don't have hair. I'm so confused.
    Yeah, you can, I scrapped that whole thing. Again, I treat these kinds of things really casually, it's not like having hair or not makes any real difference when it comes to the overall picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    Yep, that's fine. Good luck with AP Chem.
    Now that's the understatement of a century. I know I didn't get a 5.

Spoiler:- Aiden:

Spoiler:- Evie:

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage735 View Post
    Now that's the understatement of a century. I know I didn't get a 5.
    Don't blame yourself, I had to drop out of European History AP because it was so freaking hard, and that was the only AP class I ever took. Truthfully, colleges, for the most part, don't really care what AP classes you took. I have both a Bachelor's and an MBA and I never hassled with AP classes, so don't sweat it.

Anyway, both of these sign ups are great, and they're good to go. The RP itself should be up shortly.

THE CAST

DEVOIR

NEXUS
    Asher Yun - Played by wayjun (Pending)
    Aiden Su - Played by Espionage735
    Evelyn Hei - Played by Espionage735

FREE FERRETERS

RESERVES
    Last edited by Avenger Angel; 10th May 2013 at 2:19 PM.

What? already? I'll wait for another Nexus to post before me then.
    Last edited by Schade; 10th May 2013 at 3:25 PM.

Mercy

I'm done with my first SU.

PM me before you add me

NAME: Corporal Jonathan Grant
    FACTION: Devoir
    RACE: Human
    APPERANCE:

Standing in at 6'3" and weighing an impressive 200 pounds, the Corporal is certainly a tall, imposing, and powerful looking figure, with broad shoulders and long limbs. His complexion is mostly pale, and his blondish-brown hair has been shaved down to the scalp. His lips are thin, and his face riddled with scars. From behind a sophisticated gas mask lay two dull, brown eyes which stare with impudence off into the distance. His face is very masculine and rugged, though he lacks facial hair. Due to his natural strength and stamina, he has no problem lugging around full hazard-gear, an intimidating combination of black armor over a red protective suit which keeps a comfortable barrier between him and the infected world outside. Machinery along the spine of his uniform whizzes and whirs as it maintains this stasis.

PERSONALITY:

True to his appearance, Jonathan Grant (or just 'Jon') is a socially imposing human being as well. On those equal or under him in rank, Jon is quick to impose the orders and doctrines of his superiors, and in his actions, plays them out to the fullest extent. He acts not out of disdain for his enemy, being ideologically apathetic, but rather out of a sense of patriotic-duty to Devoir, and Sinnoh. Though he can be extremely aggressive, and assertive, and is not above strong-arming, Corporal Grant is none-the-less a decent human being in and out of uniform, who genuinely cares for the well being of other people. He has, to an extent, dehumanized the Nexus enough is his mind to close off sympathy to them in battle, but would stiller prefer to take the peaceful approach if possible. Jonathan spends most of his spare time reading books or working out, when he gets the chance. He has generally poor people skills, but isn't unlikable in a social context either. He is generally hard to 'crack' under intense pressure, and rarely, if ever, backs down from confrontation.

Those who know him closely claim that he suffers from what appears to be a mild form of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder at times, and seems to often fall prey to episodes of spacing out, or existential grief.

HISTORY:

Jonathan Grant was born to a mining family in Oreburgh city, and only child when his mother died at the age of 4 in a mine collapse. His disenfranchised father passed many of his mental and emotional burdens onto his young son, who had to learn to fend for himself from an early age. Throughout much of his youth and adolescence, he was known as a trouble maker, and ran with more than a few small gangs, including a notorious biker gang some time in his late teens. He lived a life of petty crime, drugs, sex, and Rock&Roll, disregarding any and all authority.

Things changed for him, though when he was 22. His girlfriend at the time had been a police officer, and, though they were at odds with each other over life-style choices, the two had, through years of cat-and-mouse legal, and actual maneuvering, come to be both friends and lovers. An ultimatum eventually forced Jonathan to give up his punk-ways, and he made a promise to marry his beloved in due time, swearing he would change his ways.

He joined his local military reserves, where he made a complete personal, and ideological transformation. Life was going to turn around for him, and he was already considering possible future career choices as he began to consider officer positions... until The Jungle came to be. His fiancee had been in Floroma Town when it happened. She was consumed by the jungle without a word; and had been gone for days. The event almost broke Grant, who swore the rest of his life to carrying out his promise to his lost lover.

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT:

Jonathan Grant is a close-combat specialist, who, operating in a squad of roughly ten men and women, regularly push into the Jungle on recon missions. The corporal carries a 'Trench Gun' varient of the real world KS-23, an incredibly powerful 4-gauge shotgun utilized for its incredible stopping power, carrying only 4 rounds at a time due to its short length and their massive size. The variant that Jonathan uses is, again, a personalized 'Trench Gun', giving it a heat shield and a bayonet lug, which Jonathan uses to afix his own combat knife, which is a nine-inch serated tungsten blade. The name of his deceased(?) lover is etched jaggedly in the wooden stock, "Jennifer", above a tally, listing kills. It currently reads seventeen.

Besides the standard Devoir uniform, Grant uses a specialized type of fully encompassing armor, which completely obscures his body in a black flak-suit, overlapped on red environmental protection gear.

POKÉMON:

NICKNAME: ϵ (Epsilon)
    SPECIES: Magneton
    APPERANCE: This Magneton is of a distinctively darker grey than other magneton.
    PERSONALITY: Nothing notable, Echo is exceptionally well versed in military standard procedures, and follows them to the letter. While intensively protecting of Jonathan, Epsilon is trained to consider the mission as higher priority than even the safety of his own master, which often conflicts with his Pokemon nature.
    Here are some links. Clicking on them, and then following their instructions will generate revenue from adds which is directly donated to one of many causes. You may click any of these links once a day to make a small donation. Please do so.

| Global Warming | Animals and Pet Shelters | Books For Children | Hunger | Breast Cancer | Children's Health Care

Darkjigglypuff, you've been approved! I'm sure the Colonel will be pleased to hear that there's one more gun firing at the Nexus. Happy hunting!

THE CAST

DEVOIR

NEXUS
    Asher Yun - Played by wayjun

FREE FERRETERS

RESERVES
    Last edited by Meeker; 16th May 2013 at 5:12 AM.
    Author's Profile

Could I reserve a future Devoir position as well, if it's alright? I don't intend for Jonathan to last very long.
    Here are some links. Clicking on them, and then following their instructions will generate revenue from adds which is directly donated to one of many causes. You may click any of these links once a day to make a small donation. Please do so.

| Global Warming | Animals and Pet Shelters | Books For Children | Hunger | Breast Cancer | Children's Health Care

Don't worry, it's perfectly fine to have more than one character on the same side. Devoir seems a bit outnumbered at the moment, so they need all the help they can get! Hell, I might even make another Free Ferreter, though not yet.
    Last edited by Meeker; 16th May 2013 at 5:15 AM.
    Author's Profile

THE CAST

DEVOIR

NEXUS

FREE FERRETERS

RESERVES
    Author's Profile

I know this is rather late in the game to ask, but what about the moves of the characters' Pokemon? Do they get to use all of their potential moves or just four moves?

PM me before you add me

I know this is rather late in the game to ask, but what about the moves of the characters' Pokemon? Do they get to use all of their potential moves or just four moves?
    All potential moves are fine. Never was a fan of the four move limit, to be honest.

What about abilities? Do we have none of them, all of them at the same time, or just one?

PM me before you add me

What about abilities? Do we have none of them, all of them at the same time, or just one?
    Just stick with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    Just stick with one.
    Wait, so then my Nexus character's infected!Chandelure could have Flash Fire or Flame Body? That seems a bit strange.

PM me before you add me

Wait, so then my Nexus character's infected!Chandelure could have Flash Fire or Flame Body? That seems a bit strange.
    Well, it's a remnant of what type the Pokemon once was. At least, that's how I look at it.
    Author's Profile

Are you guys still accepting players for this? If so, could I reserve a Free Ferreter and a Devoir?

3239 - 4598 - 6259
    Last.fm | Author Profile
    Xbox Live: Origins of

Eh, dude, do whatever, it's an RP, not an actual battle. We don't need to incorporate all the game mechanics. Just stick with something simple and reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyroxPikachu View Post
    Are you guys still accepting players for this? If so, could I reserve a Free Ferreter and a Devoir?
    Yeah, they're still open, I'll put you down.

THE CAST

DEVOIR

NEXUS

FREE FERRETERS

RESERVES
    [Reserve: Devoir] - SproxPikachu